Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Generation Challenge [BETA]

JesxSimsJesxSims Posts: 526 Member
Sims 4 Generations Challenge

Updates
  • 6/30/2015-Added GTW rules and rules on influencing gender

This challenge is to make you think of the game differently. The Generation Challenge is similar to The Legacy Challenge, but completely different at the same time. The goal is to make it through 10 generations with completely different personalities for each generation and a new challenge to complete with each set of children.

Gameplay Setup
When starting the Generations Challenge it is best to start out by making a new world, if you put your Founder in a town with other pre made sims you can’t play the other sims in that world. You do this by clicking the + at the top of the startup screen in the Sims 4.

Your journey begins in Create a Sim (CAS). Here you begin making your sim. Do whatever you want, the only restrictions are it has to be a young adult and the only sim in the household. Feel free to pick any traits you want, but remember genetics aren't the only thing passed down from generation from generation.

Once you finish up in CAS then you move on to the next part, moving in. Start by picking an empty 30x20 lot. This is not your forever home, you will be assigned to move later in the game (optional). It should cost your sim 2,000 simoleons.

Now after all that is decided you must pick your Heir Factors. The Heir Factors decides who will be the one to continue the family into the next generation. Once you pick these you can’t go back. These are based off of the Legacy Challenges Succession Laws.

• Female Only- Females can only be heirs, unless there are no living female children.
  • Male Only- Males can only be heirs, unless there are no living male children.
  • Alternating- Going male, female, till the end of the game.
  • Equality- Heirs can be either male or female.

Blood
  • Blood Relation- Direct descendant of the parents, unless there are no living blood relation children.
  • Foster Only- Only adopted children can be heirs, unless there are no living adopted children.
  • Equality- Adopted or blood related sims can be heirs.

Heir
  • First Born- The first born child is the heir.
  • Youngest- The youngest child is the heir.
  • Friendship- The highest friendship with the parent is the heir.
  • Pool- All eligible children are randomly drawn to be the heir.

Rules
  1. No restarting after a bad event. Quitting after a bad event also gets rid of all the good ones. See how you can fix the mistakes!
  2. No cheats/mods that make give you an unfair advantage. It ruins the fun and also makes it not as a challenge as it should be.
  3. No bringing the dead back, you CAN plead the with the reaper though and have ghosts, but nothing else.
  4. Anti-aging potion can only be used once per generation.
  5. You can only have one played household in the world. You can add households in the world for friends, but not spouses.
  6. You can’t move out the heir CHILD once they are elders you can do whatever you would like with them, but you can move out the spares (kids who aren't heirs).

Spouse
When getting married Sims can bring in money, but not so much that it would be like using cheats. If your spouse has a child when you marry them in, then that child MUST move in with your spouse. If that child moves in as anything younger than a teen, it CAN become an heir as long as it fits along the guidelines.

After awhile the dating pool starts to deplete and you CAN bring in some households from the gallery or make them in CAS. Use a random trait generator for the traits. The only rule on doing that is it can have no more than 4 sims in the household. If you would like to help out with the households upload them with the hashtag #MakeAGeneration.

Children
Children no matter if they are the heir or not, can be introduced into the family through pregnancy or adoption. If a child is adopted they must be an infant. If you are adopting a child their last name must be the same as the family who adopted them. When picking the child's trait and aspiration it must have one similar trait to the mother or father, ex: good trait to charismatic or evil to mean, the two other traits are completely up to you. The aspiration can be anything you believe fit to the child's personality. You MAY NOT influence gender. Any Sim that is abducted by aliens and becomes pregnant has a choice of keeping the child, the child counts as adopted and with whatever your heir rules are may or may not become an heir.

Generations and Generation Challenges
Generation challenges are the mini-challenges that you have to complete before you finish the generation. You have to complete at least 4 of the 5 before the original parent of the generation dies AND the heir grows into a young adult. If your heir is the first born you have less time to complete the challenges ahead.

Each generation is a little bit different, from the challenges, to the entire personality of the children in it. The challenges may grow harder, or may grow easier. You DO NOT have to do the challenges in order. With each expansion pack or game pack there will be a replacement generation where you can carry out the challenge with that generation instead of the one originally listed. If you pick to use the replacement generation and still complete the original generation you will only score with the first 10 generations of children.

Generation 1:
Have a boy and a girl
Have any child/teen have a level 10 skill in two skills
Be good friends with all of your children
Throw a house party gold level
Reach maximum level in your career

Generation 2:
Get married
Have 2 eligible children for heirs
Become a writer
Marry 2 kids out
Have one enemy and two friends

Generation 3:
Reach level 10 in the criminal career
Reach level 10 in the mischief skill
Have an evil child
Be disliked by one of your children
Be enemies with the Grim Reaper

Generation 4:
Be best friends with the Grim Reaper
Have 5 kids (one adopted)
Move all your kids out other than the heir
Throw a party and get a gold medal on it
Have 5 good friends

Generation 5:
Reach maximum level at the piano and the guitar
Have kids all musically talented
Reach level 10 of the entertainment career on the music branch
Preform at a party rated gold
Move to a bigger lot (optional)

*This is for the Simmers that have Get to Work, ignore if you don't have it
Generation 5 Replacement:
Own a retail store
Make 60,000 from your retail store
Have an alien child
Be friends with an alien
Move to a bigger lot (optional)

Generation 6:
Have gloomy kids
Give yourself a pep talk
Have your heir be ‘goth’ or the ‘outcast’
Have an happy child with ‘goth’ siblings
Change your appearance in the mirror

Generation 7:
Have two successful romances
Be stuck in a love triangle
Have your teenage sims go out on a date
Have one of your kids be a dirty cheater
Have one of your kids find their soulmate on the first try

Generation 8:
Get the logic skill to level 10
Get on the honor roll for two of your kids
Have 2 of your kids be geniuses
Get 2 skills to level 10 for 3 of your kids
Become an astronaut and get maximum level for the job

Generation 9:
Become a spy for the good guys
Have your spouse be a spy for the villains
Have 2 evil kids and 2 cheerful kids
Have your evil kids get enemies
Have your good kids become friends with 5 or more sims

Generation 10(Final Generation):
Have a family reunion with all the living family members
Adopt a child
Reach level 5 of the painting, writing, and any instrument skill
Read 10 books
Marry all of your children out

End of Challenge
Once your reach generation 10 you can continue the generations for as long as you wish, but only score on the first 10 generations. There are six good categories. Also there is one penalty category which you can lose points up to 40. Scores can be found out by adding up your points from each category below. EVERY HEIR INCLUDES THE FOUNDER AS WELL.

Generation Challenges
15 points for completing ⅘ of the challenges for each generation
2 points for completing ½ of the generations challenges completely
3 points completing all of the challenges for each generation

Love
1 point for each child married out of the house
5 points for every heir reaching soul mate with their spouses
10 points for being best friends with all the heirs

Family
10 points for being friends with your family
5 points for having your heir be friends with at least 1 of their siblings every generation

Popularity
10 points per heir having 2+ friends
5 points for throwing every type of party gold level at least once
5 points for having a best friend for every heir

Creativity
5 points for having one family member for every generation be level 5 or higher for one creative skill
3 points for writing a song/publishing a book/making a painting on the highest quality level it can be
7 points for having 2 generations be creatively inclined
5 points for reaching maximum level on one of the following jobs Entertainer, Writer, Culinary, or Painter jobs (either branch is fine)

Fitness
5 points for having one sim go from fat to skinny
5 points for becoming the strongest you can be
10 points for reaching maximum skill level for three sims

Brain Power
10 points for having one child per generation get on the A honor roll
5 points for getting the logic skill to maximum level
5 points for reaching level in the astronaut profession

Penalties
-15 points for a child dying before they become a young adult
-5 points for a child to be taken away by the social services
-3 points when you get your power or plumbing being shut off
-17 points if you heir dies before they can continue the generation

Once you add up all your points you can post your score on the thread and I’ll add you to the leader board. Good luck! Please if you make an LP or blog post a comment on every post/video on where to find this. Thank you!

REMEMBER THIS IS IN BETA IF YOU FIND ANYTHING WRONG OR TO HARD REPORT IT TO ME!
Post edited by JesxSims on

Comments

• zbern12zbern12 Posts: 445 Member
    Fun! I started this and I love it! I really enjoy the mini challenges. I think it would be cool if each thing unlocked an item that would be helpful in future generations.

EX:Have any child/teen reach level ten in 2 skills-Unlocks write on computer interaction
  • JesxSimsJesxSims Posts: 526 Member
    zbern12 wrote: »
    Fun! I started this and I love it! I really enjoy the mini challenges. I think it would be cool if each thing unlocked an item that would be helpful in future generations.

EX:Have any child/teen reach level ten in 2 skills-Unlocks write on computer interaction

I like that idea! Might add it!
  • MissCharlieMissCharlie Posts: 405 Member
    love this challenge, giving it a go right now
  • NirvNirv Posts: 2 New Member
    What means "Get on the honor roll " in Generation 8? I cant understand it becouse I use other language in game (and sorry for my bad english).
  • Sammi273Sammi273 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Nirv said:
    > What means "Get on the honor roll " in Generation 8? I cant understand it becouse I use other language in game (and sorry for my bad english).

It basically means to have two kids do very well in school, so probably get an A in class.
  • sammi1408sammi1408 Posts: 1 New Member
    The points for the generation challenge completions? "Generation Challenges
    15 points for completing ⅘ of the challenges for each generation
    2 points for completing ½ of the generations challenges completely
    3 points completing all of the challenges for each generation"
    Why is it more points for completing 4/5 of the challenges than it is for completing all of the challenges?
  • iceman9502002iceman9502002 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @sammi1408 said:
    > The points for the generation challenge completions? "Generation Challenges
    > 15 points for completing ⅘ of the challenges for each generation
    > 2 points for completing ½ of the generations challenges completely
    > 3 points completing all of the challenges for each generation"
    > Why is it more points for completing 4/5 of the challenges than it is for completing all of the challenges?

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that it means if you complete at least 4/5 challenges per generation you get 15 points, however if you complete all 5 challenges for EVERY generation you get to add 3 more points to your final score. It could also mean you add 3 points when 5/5 challenges are completed thus giving you 18 points per generation.
  • iceman9502002iceman9502002 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Sammi273 said:
    > > @Nirv said:
    > > What means "Get on the honor roll " in Generation 8? I cant understand it becouse I use other language in game (and sorry for my bad english).
    >
    > It basically means to have two kids do very well in school, so probably get an A in class.

There's an honor roll moodlet children get after having an A in school for a few days.
  • norhanenorhane Posts: 32 Member
    In generation 2, how can I Have 2 eligible children for heirs if I choose my heir to be the 1st born girl ? I mean if I had 2 girls, the 2nd one can not be a heir right ?
  • norhanenorhane Posts: 32 Member
    i have another question about this part "You have to complete at least 4 of the 5 before the original parent of the generation dies AND the heir grows into a young adult." if my heir become a young adult before the original parent dies, does it mean that my new challenge starts and the last one ended ?
  • flowerboyleechanflowerboyleechan Posts: 1 New Member
    > @norhane said:
    > In generation 2, how can I Have 2 eligible children for heirs if I choose my heir to be the 1st born girl ? I mean if I had 2 girls, the 2nd one can not be a heir right ?

I think that's what they intended yes, but you could interpret things and do "First born of each partner". You don't necessarily have to have all your kids with the same man in a generation. This way, if you have girls with two different fathers, then both can be eligible for heir.
  • lexiesimmer1998lexiesimmer1998 Posts: 10 New Member
    wait so does heir have to move out to countinue the generation or does she stay living with her parents?
  • dawsom18dawsom18 Posts: 50 Member
    In generation 1, does it have to be a house party or can it be a dinner party?
  • lexiesimmer1998lexiesimmer1998 Posts: 10 New Member
    @dawsom18 I think it has to be a house party
  • dawsom18dawsom18 Posts: 50 Member
    Can you move lots and change houses whenever you want?
  • SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    I've just started this challenge but I modified it. I had a spare heir from my legacy that I wanted to do a spin off with. :)
  • ScreeniesimmerScreeniesimmer Posts: 55 Member
    I started this! So fun. I'm documenting it on my tumblr, @afangirlsheart1 . Check it out? My heirs are children right now.
  • caber123caber123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am defenatly trying this, but I have changed a few things as I have all the game packs and wanted to update it a bit :smile:
  • RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    Quick question - What is it called... How long should the sims life be? Can I play on Long? Or does it have to be normal?
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
    Of course... the first kids HAVE to be triplets... Mom is exhausted... Dad!? You're up!

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
    I'm telling my story over on my thread --- I'm a new member... here is the link --- http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/RoggieBear

RoggieBear
  • LitaMikLitaMik Posts: 2 New Member
    Sounds interesting! I think I'll give this challenge a try :)
  • conjuratioconjuratio Posts: 1 New Member
    omg this challenge is SOOOOOOO fun! I always have something to do! good job <3 <3