Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• LoverfliLoverfli Posts: 58
    edited October 2009
    It took me about a week, but I just read this entire thread. Good post, musicmom11. :)

Of course, after I post that I have nothing to contribute, I notice something. Evil sims have fun in jail. Mine also got the "fiendishly delighted" moodlet when his wife went into labor. Haha.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited October 2009
    happyjme wrote:
    I was reading the guid last night and found out a bunch of interesting things
    : "certain parcels of land (like living on the beach) give sims on them the beautiful vista moodlet"
    : You have to teach your toddler all the skills like walking, talking, and potty training in order to be able to pick their traits when they grow into a child
    : You can be demoted or fired from your job if your mood or hygiene is to low.
    : I knew we'd be able to play ghosts, but I didnt know we'd be able to have ghosts babies!!!
    : Daredevils never burn to death in a fire (someone said they couldnt get their sim to die)
    : sims with certain traits unlock diffrent interactiins only they can get
    : Pyromaniac is a hidden trait given to children of firefighter NPCs. Pyros can set things on fire and get a positive moodlet. They can turn a fruit into a flame fruit and eat it, they can also get an immune to fire trait as well
    :children of the burgler NPC may get a sneaky trait
    :if your sims make Ambrosia (you need Angel food cake and the deathfish) you can extend the sims life or feed it to a ghost to try and bring it back to life :)
    : Dads get days off when a baby is born too
    : If you want twins or triplets watch the kids channel or listen to kids music station. If you do both at the same time it increases the chances!
    : If you eat 3 apples you increas the chance of having a boy, eat 3 servings or watermelon and you increas the chance of having a girl
    :Kleptos can steal anything, even gravestones lol
    :if you are in the military carrer you unlock special interations to impress dates and friends such as show sim the jet or spaceship, it will increase they sims relationship

I hope that wasnt to much info guys!!! I just get uber excited LOL :)

needing Anglefood cake to make Ambroisa is incorrect you need Life fruit and deathfish
    6adMCGP.gif
  • musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Thank you loverfli, I can't believe its still going. I started it back when TS3 was just released. I know there are several duplicates but oh well...as to the Ambrosia thing...here's a pix of the ingredients...

Screenshot-11.gif
  • LoverfliLoverfli Posts: 58
    edited October 2009
    musicmom11 wrote:
    Thank you loverfli, I can't believe its still going. I started it back when TS3 was just released. I know there are several duplicates but oh well...as to the Ambrosia thing...here's a pix of the ingredients...

Screenshot-11.gif

The duplicates didn't get too bad until the 120th page or so, so I think it was still worth the read and very interesting. I also used this thread as a guideline for etiquette because there wasn't really any arguing. It was a very neat idea. I've been playing since the release date and completely missed more than half of this stuff.
  • Molly360Molly360 Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2009
    Did you know.. The sun Moves.....But not in the rise up and down way. As in the it rises in a differrent place each day.
    edited October 2009
    I know what you mean, I keep this bookmarked for more than one reason. I am still finding things out about the game I dont know. Im like "wow, I didn't know that!" :lol:
  • CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited October 2009
    Molly360 wrote:
    Did you know.. The sun Moves.....But not in the rise up and down way. As in the it rises in a differrent place each day.
    :shock: I haven't looked for the sun as it's waking up, but I watched the Moon rise from the horizon while my sim jogged. It was neat. I made him jog back & forth so I could keep watching it :P
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=300"

I also love the way sunrise and sunset make the lots/town all 'rosey'. It's pretty. 8)
  • tinytimberstinytimbers Posts: 19 Member
    edited October 2009
    Did you know that some sims can play chess with the grim reaper for someone's life if they witness a sim die in a fire?
  • Danicourt14Danicourt14 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Sooo happy that motherlode and kaching still work... i dont get whi sometimes you can "swipe" something and other times you cant, i get the whole thing were you cant if someone is around...I love the new klepto option!! I also love it when you get detention... your sims come home so mad... and the new houses you can creat are sweeet i have created many... heres a video of some of my houses... they are also on the sims3 exchange... under me... Danicourt14 [which is actually two people...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJUoXbiC49Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUBYRKO2W9M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUCV1JEwhzI

some awsome houses... i have wayyy more....
    edited October 2009
    swiping things has to do with time of day, I think it has to be after dark and before daybreak. Also, if there are other sims around you cant swipe. Ive only played my klepto a few times but thats what I have found out from trial and error and the forum :D
    edited October 2009
    did you know that not only is there pear, oval, emerald, plumbbob and marquis cut there is also a crystal ball cut? will post pix later.
  • LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Pregnant sims doing a contest to see who can hold their breath for the longest under water is a-okay! And so is running or driving theirselves to the hospital!
  • arabellamillaarabellamilla Posts: 70 New Member
    edited October 2009
    My outdoor loving sim managed somehow to magically appear outside when I had specifically locked him in a walled off box. Twice. Seceret teleportation or what :/

Don;t ask me what I was doing locking a sim in a room. All I will say is the sim bore an uncanny resemblance to my ex husband.... mwah ha ha ha

(and before I get slated, me and he are best of friends in real life ;) )
  • wilkolencewilkolence Posts: 45 New Member
    edited October 2009
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=107062

TWILIGHT twilight TWILIGHT twilight TWILIGHT twilight TWILIGHT twilight!!!!!!!!

edited October 2009
    kicking a magic gnome then standing it up makes it change positions :D
  • SigourneySigourney Posts: 37 New Member
    edited October 2009
    I love how sims who are stressed out and have those stressed and strained moodlets, get their fun bar thing all the way up they woohoo.
    xD
    It makes so much sense. :-o :lol::lol: 8)
  • The_Blue_MaidenThe_Blue_Maiden Posts: 774 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Didja know, didja know, didja know that

Even if your energy bar is all the way full, you can 'sleep in jail cell' if you are in the Law Enforcement carer?

And that there is a glitch where you get the 'comforting fire' moodlet when you have no flame fruit, and no fireplace?
  • skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited October 2009
    musicmom11 wrote:
    did you know that not only is there pear, oval, emerald, plumbbob and marquis cut there is also a crystal ball cut? will post pix later.

yes! my favorite are the opal and crystal ball cuts .... and someone said there is a HEART cut but I have not achieved it ever ...............

• skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited October 2009

Terrariums ...

I can't seem to insert image from photobucket here (don't know what I am doing wrong)

Anyway,

I just learned that ... simply by dragging a butterfly from inventory to floor, it would
    automatically go into a terrarium,

and that these terrariums are stackable ... cool ... !

• CassidyjayneCassidyjayne Posts: 81 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Didja no...
    If two sims are in love and one is in a relationship already, the other can "Ask to break up with so-and-so" I love that!
  • lunabearlunabear Posts: 1,299 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Did you know your sims stepdaughter can marry your sims ex husband?

A little weird.
  • KayEmEe07KayEmEe07 Posts: 42
    edited October 2009
    lunabear wrote:
    Did you know your sims stepdaughter can marry your sims ex husband?

A little weird.

One of my sims married her cousins, Dad. I was so grossed out when I found them living together. She was also prego! :shock:
    edited October 2009
    skip copy the IMG code then paste it in your post or siggie. To post in siggie click on the "My Preferences" tab at the top of the page. Go to the "signature" box and paste it there.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited October 2009
    musicmom11 wrote:

yes! my favorite are the opal and crystal ball cuts .... and someone said there is a HEART cut but I have not achieved it ever ...............

I just achieved it
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Polly75Polly75 Posts: 814 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Did you know that letting your sims do the dishes, put garbage/papers in bin, toys in box and books in bookshelfs is a waste of time? You can simply just drag and drop almost everything to it's right place. (Note, has to be done in playmode)

Saw that someone wrote about taking food from inventories to fridge, but nothing about dishes, books etc. Since I discovered this I save time and my sims never get negative moodlets for bad smelly food. You can just drag the plates to the trashbin, no sink or dishwasher needed! Sims tend to never run out of plates as far as I know. :-D