Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why there is no gender filter for clubs?

We have filters like age, skill etc but there is no gender filter!
I would like to make a club of old ladies having coffee/tea and gossip all the time.

The problem is that the eligible sims that show up are not all the sims in the worlds and not being able to filter by gender reduces the possibility to see the females I want to add to this club as half of the numbers shown will be males.

Why Maxis did not add gender in the filter?
Why there is no "Gossip" interaction in the social activities? I know it is part of the friendly interaction but so is the "hug". Hug is also part of the friendly actions yet it is shown as a separate activity.

For separate activities in the social I would have loved to see things like "Gossip" to make the gossip club or chit chat club. and also autonomous "Ask about sim" "Talk about sim" where I could make few elder ladies get together and talk about people they knew to each other.
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    I don't know WHY. Maybe they think it's more PC but SO? Haha.

I just set most of my clubs to private anyway, for extra reasons but that's one.

I don't know much about typical inviting selectability as I recently started a new save with my own buildings and am still bringing in Sims and they hardly know anyone, haha. It's taking weeks, so I cannot comment about difficulty inviting Sims for gender reasons because I have a different reason. Ah well. :smile:
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Maybe to avoid gender bias? I don't know, but they put money, maybe gender would be fun to play with it too.
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I'm guessing the decision not to include gender tags was purely political. People would have gotten offended. Ofc people always get offended by things, but this situation seems more "obvious" for what not to do.

You can still have all women/girl or men/boy clubs if you want. I mean if you really wanted you could do the same for ethnicity. You just can't tag it as an official requirement, but obviously the player has control over who gets in or get kicks out. (for the most part)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There is a filter. When the pictures of available sims come up, just choose the gender you want, all males or females. Other things like skill or skill level or single or married or other things can't be seen in the picture the way the gender can be seen.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    If there is somone that aint listed that you want to join, call them, and ask them over to your place and then invite them to the club. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    My guess is because people would get upset there is no trans or gender fluid options and whatever other genders there are.

Gender has become a sensitive topic recently.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm guessing because EA doesn't want to deal with more angry people, I mean they get backlash for Mass Effect, Dragon Age and The Sims just for allowing Homosexual Relationships.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Oh guys seriously? Is that the reason why there is no gender filter because people get offended? Then why do we have that in CAS?
    I mean this is so silly. So does EA have to remove male and female from CAS also because people might get offended?
    And who are those people who might be offended for such a thing? When in real life every passport has "Gender" in it, so for a game they will be offended?

Those who get offended by such things should STOP playing games. A game is not supposed to accommodate such fragile mentality. People do not get offended by strong violence, strong gore, strong language in games but they get offended by a male/female filter!!

Why do I need a gender filter because the game does not show all the eligible sims in the world. The club thing is a way to let sims know each other so when I make a club of elder ladies I want them all to know each other. I don't have one specific sim in mind to know her and invite.

However, I don't think EA did not add this because of this reason.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    My guess is because people would get upset there is no trans or gender fluid options and whatever other genders there are.

But those who will get offended by that should have stopped playing The Sims since the first version because this is not there when you create sims.
    For me not to get a basic option because someone is going to get offended by something silly like this is just absurd.
    giphy.gif
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I'm guessing the decision not to include gender tags was purely political. People would have gotten offended. Ofc people always get offended by things, but this situation seems more "obvious" for what not to do.

You can still have all women/girl or men/boy clubs if you want. I mean if you really wanted you could do the same for ethnicity. You just can't tag it as an official requirement, but obviously the player has control over who gets in or get kicks out. (for the most part)

The question is why do we have it in CAS? and those who get offended why do they even play this game?
    We are not talking about sexuality here but male or female.

What I am asking here a filter to be added not something compulsory. So there will be people who are offended by age filter, and others will be offended by the wealth filter (poor/rich discrimination) does that mean we should stop having options in the game to accommodate every closed mentality?
    giphy.gif
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    There is a filter. When the pictures of available sims come up, just choose the gender you want, all males or females. Other things like skill or skill level or single or married or other things can't be seen in the picture the way the gender can be seen.

This is not a filter. A filter is when it is added to the right menu.
    giphy.gif
    itsug wrote: »
    If there is somone that aint listed that you want to join, call them, and ask them over to your place and then invite them to the club. :)

No I don't have a particular sim. I have a town of over 500 sims. I want to make different clubs of strangers to get together and know each other.
    giphy.gif
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I want to be able to specify gender in all of the available choices as well. It's not only a matter of picking your club members buy also a matter of setting the rules as to who they do what with or to.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I would like a gender filter. I don't understand why it's a problem. What exactly is wrong with gender-exclusive clubs in my game?
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    It would be nice to have a gender filter. I guess they figure that you can invite and kick out whoever you want so they don't need it.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    I want to be able to specify gender in all of the available choices as well. It's not only a matter of picking your club members buy also a matter of setting the rules as to who they do what with or to.

This exactly.

Plus the club requirements turn up in gameplay. I'd prefer that a club that I've conceived of as women-only (or men-only) for gameplay reasons not be inviting a male (or female) Sim I'm playing to join it. And while yes, I can just have Dave decline the invitation to join the Women Boxers, it's not good for immersion that Jane invited him in the first place.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Has anyone looked into whether a bit of a tuning mod can add rules?

Thats a nice thing to have but when the basic filter is not there how are we gonna set rules based on gender?
    giphy.gif
    I would like a gender filter. I don't understand why it's a problem. What exactly is wrong with gender-exclusive clubs in my game?

Nothing is wrong at all. But some people obviously have their minds packed in a can of beans that they find anything and everything as offensive!
    giphy.gif

This exactly.

Plus the club requirements turn up in gameplay. I'd prefer that a club that I've conceived of as women-only (or men-only) for gameplay reasons not be inviting a male (or female) Sim I'm playing to join it. And while yes, I can just have Dave decline the invitation to join the Women Boxers, it's not good for immersion that Jane invited him in the first place.

You have said it very precisely. You are playing Tom and you receive a call from Linda inviting him to Single Ladies Club!! This does not feel good.
    Honestly I did not expect Maxis to ignore such a basic but important filter.
    giphy.gif
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member

well sims dont have trans
    there is only two options female and males its been like that forever
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited December 2015
    it's not good for immersion that Jane invited him in the first place.

It might just need to be one of those many OTHER things that you have to headcanon away in the game. Ooops, Jane thought she was inviting Tomina.

And though it doesn't apply directly to what you want, don't forget the girls only and boys only doors from Spa Day. They may look odd on a nightclub entrance, but it works.

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    As I have been reading up on GT, it seems you do not need it, as you can invite only girls, or only boys. if it is a private club. So if you want a certain sex only, then you have a private club and only invite the sex you want. So you can have that. If it is a open club, then you are saying anyone regardless of sex can join. you do not need a special icon to make it only men or women. It actually works the same with elders, invite only elders, I don't see the problem.
    Evalen wrote: »
    As I have been reading up on GT, it seems you do not need it, as you can invite only girls, or only boys. if it is a private club. So if you want a certain sex only, then you have a private club and only invite the sex you want. So you can have that. If it is a open club, then you are saying anyone regardless of sex can join. you do not need a special icon to make it only men or women. It actually works the same with elders, invite only elders, I don't see the problem.

You will see the problem once you play.
    giphy.gif
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I'm guessing the decision not to include gender tags was purely political.
    Yes, that is what I believe, too. And as you said, people get offended by anything these days, I for instance get offended by the implications of denying us a male/female entry requirement ;) I feel as if EA brands me as misogynist for wanting such a filter.
    But The Sims is a fictional world. Imagining a dictatorship for their sims to live in doesn't make the player a dictator. Creating a gentlemen's club for my 19th century sims doesn't make me less of a feminist in real life. After all, Murder mystery writers would not be considered murderers irl, either.
    I think in the broadest sense the problem is that the developers percieve the sims as avatars of the players who live through them. So everything a sim does in a given situation is implied to be what the player would do in the same situation. Whereas for me the sims are characters in a story that unfolds according to my rules while I "float" above the playground, not being part of it myself.