Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Synchronize Stereos Option

grod4Lgrod4L Posts: 129 Member
edited December 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hello!

I've been wanting this ever since the sims 4 came out. I usually like to place stereos in almost every room when I build a house (especially large ones), but the problem is that sims go to turn on every single one of them, and I end up with this giant mess of multiple sounds and end up having to turn off a lot of them very often.

So why not have an option when clicking on a stereo to "synchronize" it with all the others, so that the same station and song play at exactly the same time across all stereos? It would be like a having a sound system throughout the house that plays the same song, which would be great for parties and other such things.

For instance, when you click on a stereo, it would have a "Synchronize..." button, which would lead to the options "Synchronize this room", "Synchronize this floor", and "Synchronize all" - much like how light settings work when you click on them. I'm not a developer but I feel like maybe this wouldn't be so hard to implement?

Cheers!
Post edited by grod4L on

Comments

• Options
    ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member
    I like it.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes please.
  • Options
    Mort_OpalMort_Opal Posts: 55 Member
    I like this too :smiley:
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Yessssssss
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Yup, this would be great.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    sporkpatchessporkpatches Posts: 31 Member
    I would love this idea!!
  • Options
    TartacusTartacus Posts: 73 Member
    Can I add the sync should include the DJ booths.
    Origin Name TART4CUS

MSjFMBP.gif

Wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a Sim packed new year. <3TART4CUS
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Tartacus wrote: »
    Can I add the sync should include the DJ booths.

I'd also like the ability to add custom music to the DJ booths and not just the radio stations. :)

• Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    Yes please finally some one gets me I want this too.
    I want this for so long. They should improve more this stuff. I want also to have a personalized music folder like in sims 2 and 3 that could work for the DJ booths.
  • Options
    grod4Lgrod4L Posts: 129 Member
    Wow glad to see there are many others who want this as well!

An alternative and perhaps simpler option would be to have it so that any stereos playing the same station are automatically synchronized to each other. So if you have one playing classical, and turn on another to classical, they will automatically be playing the same song at the same time (like a real radio station!). And of course having the option to turn this off if desired.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    WE NEED THIS NOW:

f3PgBha.png
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Such a good idea! Yes please!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    We definitely need this! :)
  • Options
    pandarock32pandarock32 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2015
    YES. Is there maybe a cheat that enables it in the meantime?
    Edit: I have found a solution, although it is not ideal. If you use the venue speakers, which come as Pop venue speakers, Blues venue speakers etc. all speakers of the same genre type will play in sync. Anytime you want to play another genre you will need to replace the speakers with the speakers of the desired genre. Hope this helps! Hopefully the devs will add a proper solution at some point :)
    Post edited by pandarock32 on
  • Options
    PyrondonPyrondon Posts: 159 Member
    That'd be pretty neat.
    Visionary. Radiant. Inspiring.
    I am none of these things.
  • Options
    AuroraxoAuroraxo Posts: 1 New Member
    This is SO perfect! Completely agree with all of these great ideas.
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    In Sims 3 there was a speaker you could buy which played whatever your main stereo was playing. Also there was an upgrade available with some units to "wire house with speakers" - I never used it personally, my sims prefer to do "number 2" in peace and quiet! :o
  • Options
    HopeTahHopeTah Posts: 144 Member
    Or I wish the sims would turn stereos off when they left the room, like with the tv. I find it really annoying having to turn them off manually all the time.
  • Options
    chibichocolatechibichocolate Posts: 33 Member
    Please put this in the next update! OMG!
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes. Yes. Heck yes. I would love nothing more than to be able to have every stereo in the house on the same station at the same time...and actually playing the same song.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes, I agree. It gets annoying after a while.
  • Options
    OblongamanOblongaman Posts: 214 Member
    Yep, synchronized stereos is a great idea, I'd love to have this in my game!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    oh my gosh yes, I always thought the wall speakers were suppose to amplify the music but nope, they just play different stations.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    In Sims 2 I had to add just one Stereo and place Speakers in all the other rooms. Even outside! The same music played in every room AND outside. Since Sims 4 is supposed to be so much better, how come they left out on such a VERY NEEDFUL & very important feature?! WE NEED THIS BACK!
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “