Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disc Errors in OS X El Capitan - How to fix

One of the most common issues users are facing since updating their Macs to El Capitan is the Disc Authorization issue. This has been around for years and does not just affect those who have upgraded, however it does seem prevalent amongst those who have.

It's very easy to fix, you simply uninstall your most recent EP and redownload and reinstall it via Origin. I have written a comprehensive guide on how to do this on my website, should you need any help :)
apple-signature.png

Comments

• isabellagr26isabellagr26 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi BluebellFlora! I've been having this problem myself. I went on your blog and followed the steps, and then the steps about the patch to 1.67. I still get the message :( Do you know of any other solution? I'm so sad about not being able to play TS3!
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Hi BluebellFlora! I've been having this problem myself. I went on your blog and followed the steps, and then the steps about the patch to 1.67. I still get the message :( Do you know of any other solution? I'm so sad about not being able to play TS3!

And you definitely used the digital patch? That's strange. You may have to completely uninstall and reinstall the base game and add ons through Origin :(

apple-signature.png
    Yes I did. I've done that too, I was speaking to an EA advisor this afternoon and still not working. If you have any suggestions I'd welcome them gladly! I'm still talking to the advisor, so if any of their suggestions work, I'll post it here for other people to see too.
    :( when you uninstalled did you get rid of every single residual file? It's so important to.

That would be great if you can get it working and post here :)
    apple-signature.png
    It finally works! I'm so happy :) It was your suggestion to get rid of all the files that did it I think... I had been told to do the same by an EA advisor but your advice went further than theirs did. Thank you so much!
    It finally works! I'm so happy :) It was your suggestion to get rid of all the files that did it I think... I had been told to do the same by an EA advisor but your advice went further than theirs did. Thank you so much!

Yay! It's REALLY important to get rid of every single file. So many people don't bother, I wonder if they'd rather whine about their games not working than actually try and fix it themselves.

apple-signature.png
  • simsplayerj11simsplayerj11 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi. I am still having trouble with opening the game. El Capitan is definitely the issue but I haven't found a solution. I have already uninstalled all the packs and the original game and re-downloaded them all. I use CDs for 3 of them and I have one through origin. I've already re-downloaded the one pack to origin and reinstalled it on my computer.

I've also already tried to move the electronic arts folder to my desktop to regenerate a new folder, that was my first move. I've deleted my mods. This error started with the "exception raised, debug it?" error but now it's something completely different.

When I open my game it asks me to download a software update and something is going wrong when I try to update it. The "downloading update" thing goes away (probably not downloading it properly) and I click play and the game either shuts off or does appear to open but no windows are able to be shown.

Any suggestions?
    @simsplayerj11

Have you downloaded the patch manually? The relevant thread is stickied at the top of this forum.
    apple-signature.png
  • simsplayerj11simsplayerj11 Posts: 4 New Member
    I haven't tried that but every time I log into origin it says online isn't available. I restart it and it downloads an update but still does not allow me to log in online to do any of that. what can I do to fix that?
    You don't use Origin to patch the game, you download the patch and install it manually from the stickied cumulative updates thread.
    apple-signature.png
  • alittlebitnerdyalittlebitnerdy Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I'm having this same problem and went to your list of instructions to reinstall my game via origin, but origin said that my code had already been used? I've only ever used the code when installing my game from the disk though. Tried reinstalling from disk just as a long shot and having the same problem :/
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You probably registered the game with another Origin account or did you buy the disk "used"? Just trying to figure out why the code is saying it had been used.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • PlutonianPlutonian Posts: 7 New Member
    I bought "Ambitions" brand new when it first came out and I cannot redeem the product code either through the sims 3 site or through origin. This is absolutely frustrating. I don't know what to do. Please help!
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Have you contacted EA customer support?

It looks as if you had registered the game previously if it is not allowing you to register it again. Are you using the same Origin account as before?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.