Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does CC make Sims 4 better to play?

I have a new love for Sims 3 due to finally downloading CC, which I have never done in my whole game playing life. I was wondering if Sims 4 is a better playing experience with CC in it? I'm not at all interested in playing Sims 4 due to lack of gameplay contentment on my side, I just don't like the graphics or the lack of content they haven't put in from the start. So for the players who have CC in their Sims 4 game, is it more playable, or enjoyable I should say, with CC?

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I know in sims 1 and 2 cc made the game better visually content wise. I had many different themes going on and cc helped. Also, I wanted more recolors of a particular object or CAS item so I used cc. I used very little of it in sims3. If anything I felt it needed more clutter, better furniture and CAS items. I relied on the sims store for that. In sims4 there's already a lot of clutter, better furniture and CAS items. So far I'm good with not using cc for sims 4.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    Depends on what type of CC you speak of. Skin, hair and clothes? Nope, hasn't an affect on my S4 enjoyment. Build mode items has made some improvements to gameplay such as miniaturized versions of large appliances, notebooks and typewriters to replace computers, etc. This type of CC enhances storytelling. Then you have Mods which, for me, are a must have. Unfortunately, the S4 modding community isn't huge, but what we have has done an amazing job of giving players the opportunity to tweak S4 to their style of gameplay.

But if you don't enjoy what S4 is then I am not sure what amount of CC is going to change things for you. It is a different iteration than S3 and is also going in a different direction. Both can be great an enjoyable.
    CxevBFV.gif
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Although I do have cc in my game it doesn't really make it more enjoyable the best part of cc is downloading it (like online shopping). Sims 4 already has great options for cas and build/buy mode but again it's really your own opinion and personal taste.
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    I don't see how CC will suddenly make you like the game I mean.. there will still be lack of content and unlikable graphics for you. I feel like TS4 is enjoyable even without CC but I only use it because well.. if you can...why shouldn't you? XD
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    No. :D The sims already look good without CC.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Depends on how much you like to have to re-enable them with every update.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I mean, meh.

I feel like CC makes the game a bit better aesthetically, but after that, nuthin'...

But mods on the other hand.... :love: They save my life :smiley:
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I run multiple saves with different mod/cc setups as sometimes I want CC, sometimes I don't.

I am currently playing with no CC at all and just have the MCCC mod installed so I can set a few quality of life settings like population size, pause on entering lot, etc.

There is a lot of enjoyment to be had from having lots of CAS content to play with as there is for having very little for a more streamlined playthrough.

If you are going to dive into CC, then I would strongly recommend you get the The Sims 4 Studio. Although this is primarily a tool for creators, it has some excellent management tools for CC as well such as batch fixing the problems when sims shower with clothes on, etc. It is very well supported and the community there also creates some great CC:

http://sims4studio.com/board/31/downloading-sims-4-studio
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    For me yeah. I use a lot of mods that will stop certain things I find annoying. I can't tell you how many No Autonomous mods I have. As far as content goes theres tons of furniture type cc to download. I find downloading decor makes decorating more enjoyable. I like to have little everyday items around the house like a plunger in the bathroom, a toaster or bread box in the kitchen, car keys somewhere, sprinklers in the garden, and sometimes a baseball and bat for the kids outside on the grass so the house looks more lived in. That alone makes it more enjoyable for me. I suppose it depends on you. Good luck though! :)

• AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I download cc every day... this is how bad my "addiction" is lol... I can't play without cc, don't want to. CC makes everything better (to me). Also, I won't play sims 4 without mods (personally). They improve and add things that I find missing with the game and make it more fun.

I love having options to make my game play experience fill more unique.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

I agree with that. In TS4, CC clashes horribly with the graphic style and general vibe of the game. TS2 and TS3 had the problem to a lesser extent, the most annoying thing where the spray-on clothes.
    When I see some screenshots with plastic sims in it, I wonder how it is possible that the person playing isn't seeing the huge clash happening.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

I agree with that. In TS4, CC clashes horribly with the graphic style and general vibe of the game. TS2 and TS3 had the problem to a lesser extent, the most annoying thing where the spray-on clothes.
    When I see some screenshots with plastic sims in it, I wonder how it is possible that the person playing isn't seeing the huge clash happening.

I do agree that sims look great without any additions. However, there is a lot of CC that does match the style of the game. It isn't an either/or thing, IMO.

The degree of subtlety is up to the player and as far as I am concerned, that is totally cool in a single player game. CC/mods allow a player to make the game their own if they wish. It doesn't matter what others think :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    It depends how much value you place on the aesthetic side of the game. I'd imagine CC would only make your playing experience better if you're either unhappy with the way the Sims look, or are just looking for more options in CAS and build/buy mode. I like to use CC more for the latter reason, as I like how the TS4 sims look, I just like to have more clothing and hair options, and having different decor and clutter items make decorating more enjoyable, as an above poster mentioned.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I can't play The Sims 4 without CC. I like the content I've downloaded so much that I can't even begin imagining my game without it. I've mostly downloaded clothes, hair styles and some Script Mods, like the Pregnancy Mega Mod and the MC Command Center. But I've also got a few objects, some pillows, carpets, beds and so on.
    My advice is that if you like The Sims 4 and you're not bored while playing it, CC will give a new air and feeling to your game.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    if you dont like the sims because of the lack of interactions/meaning of the things you do in the game, than cc wont really fix that.
    It does fix the annoyance you might have against the creations from EA that arent that much to choose from, lacking in colors and shapes, but also the look of their objects.
    CC is for me a must in ts4 if it comes to the design of the objects. I never really like most of the things ea gives us, but in ts3 at least i could have a house with 70% ea's creations, but with ts4 its impossible. It just looks too goofy and big!

The borin game base should really be fixed by EA only. Even mods dont make everything better. Besides that, they take space, are not always up to date and break your game if you dont pay attention to that.

• 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    It's depends on the person. I personally think it makes the game better to play, especially cosmetics stuff like skin overlays and make-up.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    Whether or not CC makes the game better is a matter of taste. I use CC and mods. I like that TS4, many patches notwithstanding, will usually play nice with both, especially CC. I usually download CC for CAS that matches the current art style, but there is a ton of CC that is more "realistic" if that is what you're going for, and there id build/buy CC (which I personally don't use).

But mods will help issues with gameplay, not CC. With mods, I don't use a lot of them, but mc command center is a must, and the creator has been dedicated thus far to updating it when patches come out. Beyond that, again it's really a matter of taste.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I think the game looks fantastic without cc, however I enjoy adding clothing and I have some cc skin and makeup. Cas cc does make the game more enjoyable for me, as does hunting for good cc. I am pretty picky as to what goes into my game.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I think it depends. CC adds more variety and caters towards more niche preferences than anyone at EA could or would ever do so you're able to create a more personalized environment suited to your own tastes, but I don't think it's completely necessary in order to make the game enjoyable.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I think it can. I am sure I could have fun without CC and mods, but there are just some things that I need, such as more colors for carpets. I think what CC does it that it makes every player's game unique. What I have in my game will probably not be 100% the same as yours and which is what makes The Sims Franchise awesome. We should be happy that CC and Mods are even allowed. o-o
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Although I do have cc in my game it doesn't really make it more enjoyable the best part of cc is downloading it (like online shopping). Sims 4 already has great options for cas and build/buy mode but again it's really your own opinion and personal taste.

I call it sim shopping ... its all the fun of shopping for clothes and furniture etc but theres no cost at the end of it , oh joy , lol

As for whether it makes the game more enjoyable I agree that its all down to personal taste
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I think for me personally, adding in default replacement stuff like the grass replacement and the pseudo-seasonal stuff, loads of mods to tweak game play and build/buy recolor cc would most definitely improve my outlook on the game. But I am not willing to put the effort into getting my game more to my liking only to have the next pack/patch or whatever totally stuff up the game and have to sort through what CC is broke now and what mod is making the sims do this crazy thing. And this sort of thing happens all too frequently.

One thing I love about TS3 being 'done' is that now I am free to add all I want and not worry about the next patch. If I have to wait until the end of 4 before I get into it, then so be it. I've got time and plenty to do in the meanwhile.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    simmese wrote: »
    lovejess2 wrote: »

I call it sim shopping ... its all the fun of shopping for clothes and furniture etc but theres no cost at the end of it , oh joy , lol

As for whether it makes the game more enjoyable I agree that its all down to personal taste

Sorry to be off-topic, but is that your dog, simmese? He's adorable either way.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    For me it makes a world of difference. I really love using and making CC. I loved the game as is, but the lack of long hair drove me crazy and that lead to my CC downloads of mass proportions XD. I'm a very aesthetic driven person when it comes to my games and the fact that I couldn't have long hair or hardly anything that matched -perfectly- drove me more than a little crazy ^^". So for me, CC makes everything happier to play.

I also have a select few mods that really help me enjoy the game, like no muscle gain (I love pools, but I don't like muscles on my slender girls so it's a life saver!) Faster homework, which I have fallen in LOVE with. With the extra credit homework done everynight by my kids, they pretty much only had time in the day to wake up, eat, go to school, do homework, an hour of two of free time at night, then all their homework and sleep. t started to make me feel bad that they lived their life like college students instead of kids just to keep good grades. Now I feel like their homework is more realistic.
    I also love bigger parties and the full house mod.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • TartacusTartacus Posts: 73 Member
    I download a lot of C/C especially clothing make-up and hair, and it make a load of difference. In sims 3 I had mods that hid the base game clothing and many other mods from Nraas that made the game playable and stable.

I have a thing for shiny outfits and making my sims look as good as possible and some of the C/C is just more detailed than the maxis content. The one thing I do not really download is build content C/C as I build a lot and like to share on the gallery.
    Origin Name TART4CUS

MSjFMBP.gif

Wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a Sim packed new year. <3TART4CUS