The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OS X 10.11 El Capitan official release thread

Comments

• emfirkemfirk Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2015
    So is there no hope for me with the El Capitan update from an Early 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.3GHz Intel i5, Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB Graphics? :s I just updated my Origin, tried repairing my game, to no avail. I also have Get To Work EP.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    emfirk wrote: »
    So is there no hope for me with the El Capitan update from an Early 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.3GHz Intel i5, Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB Graphics? :s I just updated my Origin, tried repairing my game, to no avail. I also have Get To Work EP.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin and the game?

apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora I did uninstall/reinstall after I tried repairing the game. Unless I missed a step in the uninstall process... Is there a way to uninstall the game in Origin?
    @BluebellFlora I did uninstall/reinstall after I tried repairing the game. Unless I missed a step in the uninstall process... Is there a way to uninstall the game in Origin?

Right click on the game in your games library and select uninstall.
    apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora

Uninstalled game, now it won't reinstall.
    @BluebellFlora

Uninstalled game, now it won't reinstall.

What do you mean it won't reinstall? It won't download properly? You don't get the reinstall option? It throws up an error message? It crashes Origin? It crashes your Mac? Please be more specific.

apple-signature.png
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited November 2015
    @BluebellFlora So I have a Late 2011 Macbook Pro, would it be okay to upgrade to El Capitan?
    1FKDfKj.png
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    @BluebellFlora So I have a Late 2011 Macbook Pro, would it be okay to upgrade to El Capitan?

I can't say yes or no definitively because I don't know which specific model you have or what else you're running. I have upgraded a mid 2007 20" iMac (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256Mb), a late 2011" 15" MacBook Pro (2.4Ghz i7, AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1Gb) and a mid 2012 15" MacBook Pro (2.6Ghz i7, NVIDIA GeForce 650M 1Gb). All are running El Capitan great.

It's not a question of whether it's ok or not to upgrade, it's whether your Mac supports El Capitan, which it probably does.

apple-signature.png
  • Divasimmer1913Divasimmer1913 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited December 2015
    @BluebellFlora

@BluebellFlora
    Mac specs:
    OS X El Capitan (Version 10.11.1)
    iMac Late 2013
    3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
    8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB

Have you upgraded from a previous version of OS X or have you done a fresh install?
    Yes, I upgraded to El Capitan

Which Expansion/Game/Stuff Packs you have installed?
    I have all of the Expansion/Game/Stuff Packs except for Spooky Stuff.

Once the game loads and I enter a household, the graphics make the game unplayable. Then after a few minutes, I get kicked out the game and get an error that says TS4 has unexpectedly quit.

I've tried repairing the game and still got the same results. Please help!
    Post edited by Divasimmer1913 on
    So, how is the game since the 4th December patch? Is it working for all those who couldn't play?
    apple-signature.png
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > So, how is the game since the 4th December patch? Is it working for all those who couldn't play?

I just tried twice to get into TS4. The first time I got in the neighborhood, the graphics didn't look the same. As if my graphics card wasn't the best quality to run the game, like it was downgraded. I hope that made sense :/ A few seconds after TS4 wasn't responding and I had to force quit. The second time I tried to get into the game, it loaded but quit unexpectedly before I could even get in the neighborhood.
    edited December 2015
    Do we now have to wait on Apple for some type of resolution? Do they even know there's a problem?
  • BournefreakyBournefreaky Posts: 3 New Member
    I can't seem to update to the latest version. The latest updated version is marked as 1.13.104.1220 but my game is saying 1.13.104.1210. Tried right clicking on the game and updating, it just says 'up to date'. Do we have to wait a bit for the update to be available? I did load the game but it crashed straight away and I had to force quit. Happy December!
    @Divasimmer1913 The issue is with the game running in El Capitan for those with the specific GPUs listed in the second post. The issue is not with El Capitan itself. EA have to address the issue, not Apple.

@Bournefreaky Restart your Mac, open Origin and try updating.
    apple-signature.png
  • ShadilyShadily Posts: 11 New Member
    Already updated, but it's still not working. :/ Too bad, I'm not going to buy sims's expansions anymore until they fix this. u.u
    Shadily wrote: »
    Already updated, but it's still not working. :/ Too bad, I'm not going to buy sims's expansions anymore until they fix this. u.u

:(

@SimGuruJanitor will there be another patch this month addressing this issue?

apple-signature.png
  • BournefreakyBournefreaky Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Bournefreaky Restart your Mac, open Origin and try updating.

@BluebellFlora I tried that, and repairing the game too but to no joy. :(
    Oh well, I thought the promise of an update fixing it was too good to be true. I'm not bothered about any fancy features, speed boosts etc. I just want to be able to play the game without it crashing like before.

Thanks for your help @BluebellFlora
  • alicemay19alicemay19 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'm having some trouble with Sims 4. I downloaded Origin and Sims 4 to my computer last night. Origin seems to run fine but once I press 'play' on Sims 4 my mac desktop and Origin window seems to zoom in incredibly, all my files on my desktop are a lot bigger and so to is any window opened (such as 'force quit' for example) i can only see the top left hand corner of my desktop image and it fills the screen.

Sims 4 then starts to open fine, however once it gets to what i expect is the menu screen it is small and in the left hand corer of my screen (the rest is black) and it seems i can only see part of the menu screen for example the option allowing you to quit cannot be seen and it is very unresponsive. My cursor is also a '+' magnify glass image.

Upon returning to my enlarged desktop and using force quit to exit Sims 4 everything returns to its original size. This leads me to believe it is a problem with Sims 4 rather than Origin but I'm at a loss for what to try!

I have disabled Origin in Game, allowed downloading of beta versions of origin, although no such update was prompted, I have tried repairing game in origin and have also uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 4.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, I'm not sure what details (about my mac or otherwise) you would need to be able to provide help, but let me know and i will post them!
  • pop_electricpop_electric Posts: 126 Member
    I patched my game 4th of December and it's even worse that before can't even play for 5 minutes before it breaks! It's really sad because this seems like the end of playing the Sims 4!
  • AshClaire12AshClaire12 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, so I'm working on updating to El Capitan 10.11.2 to see if that does any help to the graphics issue. Because currently my game is unplayable and I'm quite frustrated. I have the 512MB that seems to be causing some issues so maybe the combined Apple update and patch will provide helpful.

However, I am quite irritated with the lack of support for Mac users. No need to spend money on a game that is unplayable for a decent amount of its users...

I'll report back with info regarding update.
  • ShaunBowersShaunBowers Posts: 24 New Member
    I just updated and it seemed to run better but soon as I got into a world and went to a lot and selected 'Build' icon it started to load then showed the lot before crashing again. This was the same issue last time, It's annoying I can't play it :disappointed:
  • JessicaKirbyshJessicaKirbysh Posts: 3 New Member
    I get kicked out of the game as soon as it plays, this should not be happening, considering we have payed for the game, Love the new updates but just want to play it!!! , I am trying the uninstall ;l method! but i bet thus wont work!
  • JessicaKirbyshJessicaKirbysh Posts: 3 New Member
    this is the error i get ,

Process: The Sims 4 [4992]
    Path: /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/MacOS/The Sims 4
    Identifier: com.ea.mac.thesims4
    Version: 1.0 (1)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: OriginClient [666]
    Responsible: The Sims 4 [4992]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2015-12-12 22:28:37.030 +0000
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.2 (15C50)
    Report Version: 11
    Anonymous UUID: 505E49DF-C6C4-807E-E6D2-456340A8A2EB

Time Awake Since Boot: 170000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 19

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000176485ea8
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x176485ea8:
    VM_ALLOCATE 0000000175ee4000-0000000175f7a000 [ 600K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV
    -->
    VM_ALLOCATE 00000001772fe000-000000017735e000 [ 384K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV
  • MidnightsonnetMidnightsonnet Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi all!

I want to upgrade to El Capitan but I want to see if anyone has a Mac with my specifications and if they do how well The Sims 4 has performed and if there have been any issues with the same computer.

Mac specs. (model, year, processor, RAM, graphics) 21.5" iMac/Late 2013/2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor/8 GB memory/ Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB Graphics
    I would be upgrading my OS from Yosemite.
    I have all game packs/expansions/stuff packs installed.

If anyone has these specifications or close to it then I would love input! I was going to go through all of the pages to see but time constraints won't allow for that.
  • pop_electricpop_electric Posts: 126 Member
    Have the Sims 4 team acknowledged that the December patch hasn't worked or is that it? No more Sims 4 for Mac forgotten again as with the problems in Sims 3 Seasons..