Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interesting - the game out just 3 days and already on sale at Target. Amazing or what?

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    Aren't Target kind of "in bed" with EA? I tend to hear about the newer games being cheaper there than in other places. Plus given the time of year they're probably just cranking it up a bit more in preparation for the holidays.

I don't necessarily think Get Together being on sale the week it came out is a sign that the pack isn't very good.

Now this isn't solely addressed to the OP, but I just can't understand why people take joy in or get excited about rubbing it into somebody else's face when a product they enjoy is perceived to be under-performing? If someone enjoys the game then it doesn't matter how well or how badly it's doing. Geez.

To me it just seems like a thinly veiled attempt to try and put somebody else down. It's juvenile.

Thank you @Darkslayer,
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Conclue wrote: »
    If you all think Sims 4 is doing as well as previous iterations you guys are sadly mistaken. The proof is in the pudding. The Sims 3 era the guru's interacted constantly. Even our official forum moderator doesn't even post really. EA has them all on lockdown unless it's time to "release" another product. Not to mention, that Sims 4 Gamescom was so beyond embarssing y'all have no idea how many simmers aren't happy. The forums are NOT the place to get an idea of what people think. Truly, most of them are keeping an eye from a distance. I post because I always have for 15 years lol But I refuse to support this game to it's brought up to par - and if it's not... that's the beauty of sandbox games like 2 and 3... you can NEVER get bored with what you create. I only have Pleasantview that is actually a save in Sims 2. Why? Because that whole series of interconnected places is so packed with Sims and so detailed and dynamic that's all I've had time to do in Sims 2. I'd love to recreate a whole another world like that in Sims2 with one of the other ones - but I was kind hoping Sims 4 will become a new era Sims 2 - which it is on it's way- but it's half baked, still a year later. They just keep adding more frosting.

I suggest you check Get Together, is very sand boxing and I am loving it! Sims even call you depending on their your mood to go out and cheer you up, you can make your own dance routines from the moves you learn in a dance battle, make money from jamming with guitar, with DJ, etc. Is very non linear. I think if you hope for more sims 2 sandbox style sims get together is great. You can check LGR review of it, even he liked
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    Conclue wrote: »
    If you all think Sims 4 is doing as well as previous iterations you guys are sadly mistaken. The proof is in the pudding. The Sims 3 era the guru's interacted constantly. Even our official forum moderator doesn't even post really. EA has them all on lockdown unless it's time to "release" another product. Not to mention, that Sims 4 Gamescom was so beyond embarssing y'all have no idea how many simmers aren't happy. The forums are NOT the place to get an idea of what people think. Truly, most of them are keeping an eye from a distance. I post because I always have for 15 years lol But I refuse to support this game to it's brought up to par - and if it's not... that's the beauty of sandbox games like 2 and 3... you can NEVER get bored with what you create. I only have Pleasantview that is actually a save in Sims 2. Why? Because that whole series of interconnected places is so packed with Sims and so detailed and dynamic that's all I've had time to do in Sims 2. I'd love to recreate a whole another world like that in Sims2 with one of the other ones - but I was kind hoping Sims 4 will become a new era Sims 2 - which it is on it's way- but it's half baked, still a year later. They just keep adding more frosting.

I suggest you check Get Together, is very sand boxing and I am loving it! Sims even call you depending on their your mood to go out and cheer you up, you can make your own dance routines from the moves you learn in a dance battle, make money from jamming with guitar, with DJ, etc. Is very non linear. I think if you hope for more sims 2 sandbox style sims get together is great. You can check LGR review of it, even he liked

Also the Guru's played the game live on switch yesterday - I watched it - even posted in the chat live - (seemingly strange behavior I guess for someone hoping for the demise of the game as some claim I am - but anyway) you can see fresh live play right there. Guru Romeo, Guru Grant, and Guru Azure played.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    While I disagree with the OP's statement that this is due to low sales, I understand that people can interpret this differently. There is no need to attack the OP by saying that they left on purpose or that they are "famous" for these types of posts. That's just plain wrong. They are a simmer like us who just wants this game to get better.
  • Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Almost as astonishing as seeing a so called best seller going immediately on sale right at release - even if it is Christmas - I have after all been buying Sims games for 16 Christmases and this is rather a first for an ep. I mean the same week it get released. We are not talking 4-6 weeks after release - like someone mentioned about Sims 3 WA - that came out well over a month before it went on a slight sale for Christmas. We are talking release day week. Big difference.

This ISN'T the first time that this has happened, though. It happened when Sims 3 Seasons was released. Seasons came out on November 13th, 2012. That same week, before the game was even officially released, Target had a buy one, get one 50% off sale that included Seasons as well as Supernatural, which was released on September 4th, so it had only been out for around two months. Here is a link that has a picture of the Target ad:
    http://simsvip.com/2012/11/11/target-bogo-50-off-sims-3-supernatural-seasons/

Amazon also had a sale that same week for 50% off Seasons, Supernatural, and the base Sims 3 game
    http://simsvip.com/2012/11/18/amazon-supernatural-seasons-base-digital-for-19-99/

Target also listed University Life for 50% off when it had been out for a little over two weeks.
    http://simsvip.com/2013/03/22/target-sale-university-life-19-99-324-330/

Circuit City also used to do this from time to time during the days of Sims 2, although since they went out of business, they may not be the best example ;) But still, they offered Free Time for $18 when it had only been out for a week or two. Notice that the thread is dated March 2, 2008, and Free Time came out on February 22nd of that same year.
    http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=75260.0

So this trend of offering new expansions for a discount shortly after or right at their release is not a new thing. At all.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    The same happened with Get To Work, only it was Best Buy that had it on sale. It was on sale before it even released!

I have seen multiple games go on sale before they were released... So I guess those games are doing poorly then.

I seen Fallout 4 on sale for $50 before it was released, so I guess Fallout 4 is doing poorly as well. ;)
    Dude, I don't play Fallout 4. I'd never even heard of that series until people went nuts about it on Facebook. In other words, I don't care if Fallout 4 is doing poorly or not. It can sink into the ground for all I care.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited December 2015
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    http://simsvip.com/2015/12/09/the-sims-4-get-together-target-discounts-the-expansion-by-10-00/

I find this - I don't know - peculiar. I have never seen a Sims game go on sale so fast in my life. Spookystuff at least was out a week before it went half price.

You see, this is what I was talking about in the boycott thread. No one wants to step forward and actually DO SOMETHING. Not one comment on my post but plenty of comments on the negative posts. And now another thread about game sales. What good does this do?

I think a lot of the boycotters have changed their mind now after all the rave reviews.

I haven't bought the expansion, but I know I have definitely changed my mind towards it now it's out and I can see what is really on offer and I do plan on picking it up at some point when I'm more confident in the overall direction the game is going in.

EA should really hire new people to manage their advertising and PR, this pack has turned out to be far, far better than any of their trailers and promotional stuff suggested it was going to be IMO.
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    And people wonder why I never make my own topics on this forum.

(No, I'm sure you guys don't really care, but still...it sounded good, so I went with it).

It didn't take long for some one to come along and attack the OP for posting this thread. One would suspect that the people who are getting personal with the OP are the ones who just love this game and think it's the Best Game Evah!

Frankly, calling someone out like a certain poster (who observed that the OP had apparently vanished as a prelude to then attacking the OP's point of view), is totally unnecessary. Why not just stick to the topic at hand, which, if I remember correctly, is discussing whether Get Together being on sale 3 days after release at Target is an indicator that the series isn't doing that great?

There's no need to attack anyone over this.

Oh, and to @simgirl1010: Just what exactly do you expect people to do? And if you're *that* concerned, why aren't *you* doing it? I've seen you in several topics trying to get someone to take real action, but you never manage to say what kind of real action you want to see happen. It could be that you don't know yourself.

To me this thread and the subsequent posts comes across as being an attack on people who enjoy the game so I can understand why people have gotten their backs up about it - people who dislike the game quite rightly do not tolerate anything being said about them so why should fans of the game just keep their mouths shut when they're having something thrown in their faces like this?

There isn't even anything to debate here; the OP (and, in fairness other people on here too) just seem to be using the Target sale as an excuse to laugh about how badly the game is supposedly doing. How is that a helpful or even a constructive discussion? There's just no common sense behind it. Stores have sales all the time and Target especially seem to usually have deals on Sims products. The fact it's got money knocked off right after launch, in Target, two weeks before Christmas is not a reflection of how well or how poorly the game is doing at all.

In the end it's a game; if someone doesn't enjoy it then that's fair enough but why would anyone want to rub it in somebody else's face that something they enjoy is "failing"? It's a horrible thing to do and I find it only fair that they are called out on for it.

Again, people who are unhappy with the game wouldn't tolerate stuff like this so why should fans have to?

The op is famous for doing this, I honestly don't know how they get away with it anymore.

Gee I am famous for doing this? Really? Good to know, as i did not know that. More examples please. I mean if i am famous for this kind of thing - then surely there are tons of this kind of thing out there from me.

Truthfully - seeing one of us must be truthful - all I have ever wished for Sims 4 was for my play style - added back to the game. How does that say spiteful or even wishing for it to fail. No I want more of the game - not failure. Talk about twisted logic. Almost as astonishing as seeing a so called best seller going immediately on sale right at release - even if it is Christmas - I have after all been buying Sims games for 16 Christmases and this is rather a first for an ep. I mean the same week it get released. We are not talking 4-6 weeks after release - like someone mentioned about Sims 3 WA - that came out well over a month before it went on a slight sale for Christmas. We are talking release day week. Big difference.

But really - if my beef with Sims 4 is over not having my game play style in the game and constantly fighting to get that game play added to the game - where on earth is the logic that my vendetta is to see the game vanish? It is not as if I HAVE NOT INVESTED BOTH MONEY AND TIME INTO TRYING TO PLAY sIMS 4 - the proof is in the game and packs I have installed and the number of hours I have tried to enjoy it. If I wanted failure then I would be a blooming 🐸🐸🐸🐸. for wasting time or money into the game to start with. Unbelievable!

You say you want more from the game; that is understandable. But how does that in any way justify making a post that just seems to exist solely to ram it down the throats of this games fans that it is a "bad" game?

There are plenty of ways to express your own personal dissatisfaction of the game without trying to get one up over it's fans or make them feel lesser because they enjoy an "inferior" game. Forcing a point that simply doesn't exist is useless and I still don't understand what you thought was going to happen by doing this.

Now I've seen you post enough to know you're an intelligent person, so I feel as though you're also purposely missing the point many people here have tried to stress to you:- this is not uncommon for Target. I don't even live in America and I know Target regularly have sales on Sims items and often very soon after they have been released and this has been going on since at least the days of TS3 so it is nothing new at all.

You keep trying to push and push this, quite frankly, non-existent point as though the game being on sale so soon after launch is a bad thing, but it just isn't. Target is doing what Target does. Why do you even think it is OK to do this? You'd be angry if a fan of the game tried to throw something back in your face to undermine how you feel about the game, so why are you trying to do it to them? Respect is a two-way street and while I do think some of the responses were uncalled for what do you really expect when you're effectively rubbing somebody's nose in something that is meant to be unpleasant?

Is TS4 the most amazing game since sliced bread? Personally I don't think so. Realistically I think it's more likely listed as a "top seller" because the figures are either coming from Origin directly (so it is only competing against other EA titles) or because the PC gaming market is lacking in comparison to consoles (as in, there are fewer exclusive PC games than console games and not all console games are released on PC) but at the same time I think it's safe to say at this point that it is not a flop or a failure in terms of its sales figures. Would a company like EA even continue to support TS4 like they have been if it was? Say what you like about their silence but they're still releasing regular, consistent content and frequent patches. The game doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

You might not like the game, but that's another matter entirely and not liking a game has nothing to do with how well it actually performs on the market. There are plenty of games I dislike for one reason or another, but I don't automatically assume they are poor sellers and cherry-pick evidence to back up this belief just because I don't like them.
    Post edited by Darkslayer on
  • carly552carly552 Posts: 119 Member
    My prediction is maybe since EA didn't do so well with advertising it, people did not want to get it. So...once Target saw it wasn't doing so well they decided to put it on sale so more people could buy it.
    baby-pink-cute-cute-night-gif-Favim.com-3891443.gif

• AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    As I continue playing my game and time to time watch this thread:

tumblr_ncow7kOlOE1smr45to1_500.gif
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Carmel or extra butter! Hummmmmm

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Get Together is currently $25 on GamesDeal....just saying. B)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• limesim2limesim2 Posts: 71 Member
    i love this thread :* keepon
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah I work at Target And I saw the Sale for this week, I knew all of EA's Games were going on sale this week, but I didn't expect Get Together to Go on Sale.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited December 2015
    http://simsvip.com/2015/12/09/the-sims-4-get-together-target-discounts-the-expansion-by-10-00/

I find this - I don't know - peculiar. I have never seen a Sims game go on sale so fast in my life. Spookystuff at least was out a week before it went half price.

You see, this is what I was talking about in the boycott thread. No one wants to step forward and actually DO SOMETHING. Not one comment on my post but plenty of comments on the negative posts. And now another thread about game sales. What good does this do?

I think a lot of the boycotters have changed their mind now after all the rave reviews.

I haven't bought the expansion, but I know I have definitely changed my mind towards it now it's out and I can see what is really on offer and I do plan on picking it up at some point when I'm more confident in the overall direction the game is going in.

EA should really hire new people to manage their advertising and PR, this pack has turned out to be far, far better than any of their trailers and promotional stuff suggested it was going to be IMO.

(No, I'm sure you guys don't really care, but still...it sounded good, so I went with it).

It didn't take long for some one to come along and attack the OP for posting this thread. One would suspect that the people who are getting personal with the OP are the ones who just love this game and think it's the Best Game Evah!

Frankly, calling someone out like a certain poster (who observed that the OP had apparently vanished as a prelude to then attacking the OP's point of view), is totally unnecessary. Why not just stick to the topic at hand, which, if I remember correctly, is discussing whether Get Together being on sale 3 days after release at Target is an indicator that the series isn't doing that great?

Oh, and to @simgirl1010: Just what exactly do you expect people to do? And if you're *that* concerned, why aren't *you* doing it? I've seen you in several topics trying to get someone to take real action, but you never manage to say what kind of real action you want to see happen. It could be that you don't know yourself.

To me this thread and the subsequent posts comes across as being an attack on people who enjoy the game so I can understand why people have gotten their backs up about it - people who dislike the game quite rightly do not tolerate anything being said about them so why should fans of the game just keep their mouths shut when they're having something thrown in their faces like this?

There isn't even anything to debate here; the OP (and, in fairness other people on here too) just seem to be using the Target sale as an excuse to laugh about how badly the game is supposedly doing. How is that a helpful or even a constructive discussion? There's just no common sense behind it. Stores have sales all the time and Target especially seem to usually have deals on Sims products. The fact it's got money knocked off right after launch, in Target, two weeks before Christmas is not a reflection of how well or how poorly the game is doing at all.

In the end it's a game; if someone doesn't enjoy it then that's fair enough but why would anyone want to rub it in somebody else's face that something they enjoy is "failing"? It's a horrible thing to do and I find it only fair that they are called out on for it.

Again, people who are unhappy with the game wouldn't tolerate stuff like this so why should fans have to?

The op is famous for doing this, I honestly don't know how they get away with it anymore.

And you're getting quite famous yourself for your nasty habit of calling out people for not always having something positive to say. I see you didn't take my advice to mind your own business.

You aren't exactly pleasant yourself.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member

Um, this is the get together forum, where else would one discuss/speculate on the expansion pack sales?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member

Um, this is the get together forum, where else would one discuss/speculate on the expansion pack sales?

This thread originally started in General Discussion and was moved.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited December 2015
    @TMBrandon

Nice to read a well set out argument.

I just think, as well as you, that Target ordered large for Christmas and because of the late release had less time to sell off the best part of its stock before the holiday.

PS. I am enjoying the new EP but do wish that EA produced and updated its own illustrated EBook after every addition to that I can understand the play better. I've got every one from Prima for the last Sims games but they obviously can't keep up these days.
    I'd even pay for it! (I do know that SimsVIP produce PDFs).
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Maybe, target just messed up.
  • FreakiiUnicornFreakiiUnicorn Posts: 33 Member
    Oh wow, I wish there was a target in England :c
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member

And you're getting quite famous yourself for your nasty habit of calling out people for not always having something positive to say. I see you didn't take my advice to mind your own business.

I call out people who continue to complain and insult the game/gurus with lack of constructive criticism and just berate people who do like the game.
  • thesailorscoutthesailorscout Posts: 61 Member
    edited December 2015
    I need help. I just bought the game from Gamesdeal and they said they would send the key in 15 minutes, but it's been longer than that. I'm afraid I got scammed. What should I do?

Edit: I just emailed customer service and they responded quickly. Hopefully I get my key soon!
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

I call out people who continue to complain and insult the game/gurus with lack of constructive criticism and just berate people who do like the game.

You shouldn't be calling people out at all. It's not your place to do so.

You are literally worse than anyone who has a negative opinion on the game.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    Does anyone know if the online sale is the box, or just a download code sent through email. Because the website is saying no shipping info avalible.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Does anyone know if the online sale is the box, or just a download code sent through email. Because the website is saying no shipping info avalible.

This depends on where you live. All Origin sales are download codes via email. Some other retailers sell download codes delivered via email; some sell a box with a download code in it. In some countries, you can get a disc in a box. It should be clear when you buy the EP which of these versions you're buying.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.