Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do any of you simmers make ; Gay/Lesbian Sims <3

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited December 2015
    @SimKeats I have reviewed the forum rules and posting guidelines and confirmed that posting in old discussions isn't against the rules. Calling out a forum member for posting in a way that you find annoying, without explaining why it is a problem for you, is not nice. I didn't respond to the rest of your message because it didn't really say anything one way or the other, just that you like to mix it up sometimes because variety. Which could have probably been as on-topic in virtually any thread. Never mind replying - I won't see it. Bye-bye! :)
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I replied on this thread in April 2014 and in the intervening time...still all the main sims I play are gay males. Their children can be anything. I let them decide what they want. I recently tried to set up NRaas SP to get a population of 33% gay, 33%, and 34% straight. Dunno if I succeeded yet but I'm hoping for more gay and lesbian couples in the worlds I play.

I use a mod for same sex pregnancies so I can enjoy the genetics passing down to the next generation aspect of the game. I got over the weirdness of male pregnancy back in the days of TS2, with alien pregnancy, Pascal Curious wandering Strangetown about to give birth, and the same sex pregnancy mods that soon followed. I don't really like realism in my sims game anyways, it works for me.

My current gay couple is suffering the results of my dream pod experiments.

Strangetown was my favorite, I played an alien baby only legacy there :D
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    My sims decide for themselves who they're attracted to, and I just roll with it; they don't have a gender preference in mind when I create them.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Nope, most of my sims are straight mainly cause I want my sims to procreate and see how their genetics get passed on.
    giphy.gif

MiyuEmi wrote: »
    I think with EA SP, no sim will ever autonomously begin a gay relationship.

While living in a fraternity at Sims University (UL EP), two of my roommates autonomously became romantic. However, my Sim had been flirting with other guys at my own instigation, if not with those particular Sims. I don't know if the game ever generates same-sex couples without the player ever indicating an interest in that direction.
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited December 2015
    Jodain wrote: »
    I'm not straight, so I tend to make almost all of my sims not straight. I can't remember the last time I had a straight one. They're usually either gay or bi.

Same.

Even if I intend for a sim to be straight (rare), they end up being bi/pan, or i just change my mind once I get into the world and I make them gay instead.

I have made some a.se.xual sims too, by using master controller to make their attractions to both genders be in the negative thousands.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited December 2015
    Nope, most of my sims are straight mainly cause I want my sims to procreate and see how their genetics get passed on.

@BrittanyChick22 :'( Your siggy :'( ...I am sorry for your loss.I lost my dog on Christmas morning last year, he never got his new toys and treats and had his own stocking too with cute toys and stuff.And this year under my tree which is already decorated has his stuffed moose he never got to see under it with his picture leaning on it.

R.I.P Petey I assume Petey was a white shihtzu? which mine was too Britt, black and white though.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited December 2015

@BrittanyChick22 :'( Your siggy :'( ...I am sorry for your loss.I lost my dog on Christmas morning last year, he never got his new toys and treats and had his own stocking too with cute toys and stuff.And this year under my tree which is already decorated has his stuffed moose he never got to see under it with his picture leaning on it.

R.I.P Petey I assume Petey was a white shihtzu? which mine was too Britt, black and white though.

Thank you, Petey was a maltese
    giphy.gif

• MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    @TreyNutz I have my Nraas set as well. I think I have it set to 20% and so now I have a really nice mix and with the tagger I can search around for potential mates for any of my sims regardless of inclination.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited December 2015
    I played with a lesbian couple once, long time ago...(9 months, actually) But it was kinda weird to play with actually. I have nothing against gay and lesbian people but playing with hetero couples just feels more 'natural' in some kind of way. But maybe I'll try it again, I'm 9 months older now and have a little bit more life experience about some things :p
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    When you have ITF you can have two men getting a baby I think..? I found another solution myself, involving a third (female) party. Half of my gay couple was a freed genie and even though I did give him some plastic surgery, I didn't necessarily need his genes in the next generation :D (blue and a bit pudding; I did love him a lot though)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Sure. I've made gay and lesbian sims. The sim I played the longest turned out to be best played as asexy. I tried binned versions of him in other saves testing out different lifestyles for him and nothing felt right. Eventually, the one in my main save just made a clone of himself. In the main save I don't believe he kissed either a female or a male, he just happily lived his life as he was.

I like diversity in my game, so pretty much anything goes.
  • AJbackstAJbackst Posts: 146 Member
    edited December 2015
    > @PeterTheSims3 said:
    > I have done, but I don't like the idea of adoption. So they're heterosexuals nine times out of ten. I like for my Sims to pass their genetics down the line. x3

If you have Into The Future, you can go and combine the DNA of gay Sims and create a genetic child. [It also allows you to pick hair color, eye color, and traits]. It costs 5,000 Simoleans.
  • AJbackstAJbackst Posts: 146 Member
    I have played quite a few gay Sims. None of my Sims currently are gay [yet, there is one household with two men that will end up together because I've made them before] but my legacy started with two gay homeless Sims. They adopted three children and although they have since passed they have 6 grandchildren. I know at least 4 of them aren't going to be gay or lesbian because I have their couples already sorted, but I suppose the other two are free to choose who they want...and likely will at prom.
  • pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    I generally play straight couples, but I do play with gay/lesbian sims. I have a couple I'm playing with in Midnight Hollow who are lesbian witches.

I try and let them decide their sexuality. If they don't click/stay with anyone heterosexually, I intervene and push them into same sex relationships.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Wolves_WeirdmaggedonWolves_Weirdmaggedon Posts: 18 New Member
    edited December 2015
    Yes! Once I made a happy lesbian couple. I also have a gay sim in my current game (but that's in Sims 4. He is called Gino, but his boyfriend recently died seeing as he was an elder...
    I had a gay Witch/Fairy couple in Moonlight Falls, going steady. The Fairy tried to repair a stereo, got shocked, tried again and got electrecuted! :O

So now they are a gay Witch/Ghost couple... only the death interrupted the relationship so they think they are exes. :D
  • LottebysimsLottebysims Posts: 54 Member
    My teenager ended up being lesbian, she came home with a girlfriend after prom. And I thought it was cool.
  • TobasiHDTobasiHD Posts: 1 New Member
    I wonder, if it is possible for my gay couple to make out(having sex)?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    TobasiHD wrote: »
    Not sure why this question requires the resurrection of a years old thread, but yes of course. Same gender couplings work the same way as opposite gender ones in all sims games (and we call it woohoo here). :)

In TS3, every sim has two gender preference scores that we cannot see without the use of mods. These don't govern behavior exclusively, but they do dictate which gender each sim is attracted to, some will be attracted to both, and some neither. Just as in real life.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    TobasiHD wrote: »

pyXFpkt.jpg

Fairy boys Remy and Trey, putting the Pixie in Pixelation! They certainly can.

However, to have kids you will either need a 3rd party mod, or else use the in-game adoption service.
  • NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    edited July 2018
    I usually have one lesbian couple, but I've never had a gay couple.

@MinniMNT You don't do anything special- you just let them interact more with one sex than with the other. For a Sim to become a lesbian, perform romantic actions with a female with compatible traits. The lesbian can later be converted straight by having her interact with males.

In the Sims 3, orientation really is a choice. It's not in real life, but it is in the Sims 3.

There is a mod that lets same sex couples get pregnant. I use it. It's how my current lesbian couple had their son. Both Sims are marked as "Mother".
    sig.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    Sindocat wrote: »
    However, to have kids you will either need a 3rd party mod, or else use the in-game adoption service.
    That's not entirely correct, there are two ways for same gender sims to make a baby with each other not involving mods or surrogates. One is genetically engineering one together at the ITF hospital (a mod is indeed needed to make this work on homeworld hospitals away from Oasis Landing). The other is to challenge the fake Grim Reaper who "lives" behind the Door of Life and Death, this is an EA store object and part of the Grim's Ghastly Manor set. Not exactly sure how that one goes as I don't have or really want the set myself.

I've used genetic engineering at the hospital in-game, but really prefer the modded versions of reproduction. Not sure why since none of it other than adoptions is all that realistic, but when things "feel right" to us as players that's really all that matters. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AlexTheSims3FanAlexTheSims3Fan Posts: 39 Member
    of course I do
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Sadly Grim's Door only produces pudding face Sims. I wonder why this expensive set was never fixed.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top