Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seducing Mortimer Goth (Tips, Tricks, Stories)

So my current Sim hits it off really well will Mortimer Goth. I decided to try to pursue this romance. Unfortunately, it has been so difficult! They have an almost maxed out friendship yet every time she flirts, he accepts her advancements one or two times and then rejects them if I continue. Because of the difficulty, I have created a back story that she is madly in love with him, and he is with her, but he is unwilling to show is emotions because he does care about Bella.

Has any of your Sims had a successful relationship with Mortimer? Tell me your story!

Comments

• SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I haven't seen Mortimer in my game at all. Set the mood right if you can. Woo him in like invite him over and watch a romantic movie. Hopefully this helps.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited December 2015
    Invite him over for a romantic dinner etc. And then of course The power of voodoo!
    https://youtu.be/I4gABvUhhkg?t=31s
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    Linamints wrote: »
    Invite him over for a romantic dinner etc. And then of course The power of voodoo!

Everytime I see the little snippet about voodoo on the loading screen I start singing this song, haha.
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    it's hard but can be done, I always had them sit and watch a romance so morti becomes flirty. But he is a hard egg to crack.
  • moniquehmoniqueh Posts: 129 Member
    I saw this, laughed, realised it was serious and laughed some more. Someone should get Don to seduce him.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Linamints wrote: »

Everytime I see the little snippet about voodoo on the loading screen I start singing this song, haha.

Glad I'm not alone in that!
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Writing Love Letters boosts romance without fail (at least I've never seen it fail.) Since it's a low writing level, almost all my sims can write them just incase they get rejected face-to-face lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Eric Lewis is a hard egg to crack too. I like that though, that both these married men love their wives too much to cheat easily. Well, that's how I play it out in my mind anyway!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    I had more trouble with Bob than I did Mortimer. (Bella was dead when my sim started going out with him, maybe that's why) No problem with Eric, but his wife was also dead. Eliza was still alive though. I convinced him to leave her and he was devastated for days. She ended up "letting him go" the day they got married, and by letting him go, I mean drowning him in the pool.
  • babyroo1111babyroo1111 Posts: 35 Member
    I did just the opposite; I had to seduce Bella. At first she was really open with Don, but then they had a falling out. Later, when I tried to have them reconnect, she refused his advances. So my only option left was to kill off Mortimer. Once he "accidentally" died in Don's backyard pool, Bella was totally open to Don and finally married him! <3 >:)
  • moseekeemoseekee Posts: 274 Member
    moniqueh wrote: »
    I saw this, laughed, realised it was serious and laughed some more. Someone should get Don to seduce him.

OTP
    Origin: moseekee
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    It was quite easy for me to seduce him and marry him. He is actually the first sim that my first sim married on launch day.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    moseekee wrote: »
    moniqueh wrote: »

OTP

Why not haha. Don is one of my favorites and maybe that's the real reason he didn't want him dating Cassandra. lol. Scorn lover?

Don took Morty out for drinks and started out with friendly talk before getting right into it.
    He complimented his "style" and morty just loved that lol.

morty3_zpsoijlit24.png

Butttttt nothing went beyond that. He bailed for the night (said goodbye right after).
    I think he was more into someone else anyways.

morty6_zpsqmprz68c.png

I'lllll try again. lol
  • TinjaNurtleTinjaNurtle Posts: 167 Member
    I was able to seduce him once when I attempted the Black Widow challenge. My Sim built up a friendship with him and convinced him to leave his spouse and then ended up marrying him. I don't feel I did anything different from other times seducing a married sim.
    Origin ID: pizza_the_hut82
    Steam ID:GreenEggsandPam
  • KattSimmer28KattSimmer28 Posts: 1 New Member
    I actually managed to seduce him as well very early in the game. My character is a fashion blogger, and complimented him on his style and talked about books and fashion. I also mixed in flirting and eventually within one night I managed to get him to become my character's boyfriend and stay the night. Hopefully nothing bad happens that they break up, after reading about him lol.
  • CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    I've actually focused on Bella more lol 😂 She was a tough nut to crack too. What I did is had my sim, which had barista skill, make them both cupid drinks. Even without that: if you just click "flirt" and intermix that with a joke without using any other of the bolder romantic actions until the romance bar is really high, it works. It's slower that way, but it's not as risky as, let's say, doing a "confess attraction" and facing the slap 😝
  • keene61keene61 Posts: 259 Member
    Reading through this thread, it sounds like Sims who have a good relationship with their spouse won't be as inclined to accept romantic interactions from others. Is this something that people have tested?
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top