Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    Congrats on winning the challenge @popettypop2012
    jiyKE8j.png
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @RivendellStar thank you so much for the congrats:)
    @BreeMiles thank you so much:)
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Congrats on winning the challenge dear @popettypop2012 !! :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Established Results for #BnS 31 - Fall Designer Showdown

@Rykel

Evergreen is a very appropriate name for your build with your excellent choice, balance and placement of greenery. You have made good use of all outdoor areas and packed quite a lot in. I absolutely love the deck area at the side, looks so relaxing! Beautiful interior design, very modern and neat and the soft palette blends so well. I love how you used the metal and wood materials from your inspiration object as a base for decorating this home. Wonderful use of MOO displayed throughout.

Suggestions: I feel the exterior textures are a little plain looking and would suggest you add more contrast to liven it up, for example maybe darker roof trims, windows and doors. Regarding the presentation, it would be good to title your pics.

@RyeCris16

The Dear Old Grandfather Clock has been a wonderful inspiration object for this Victorian style cottage. The blue exteriors work well with this design and your choice of cottage planting really complements the style, love the lavender edging the build. The front porch and the side deck are excellent areas to relax and it’s a bonus you added the gardening area. The interior design is very true to the Victorian style with your choice of decoration and furnishings and you have used just the right amount of clutter. It all looks very warm and cosy, especially with the fire and it’s very impressive you’ve kept electrical items at a minimum!

Suggestions: Whilst the dinosaur kids room is beautifully decorated and furnished, I feel it doesn’t quite blend in with the style of the other areas of the cottage. I would have continued the Victorian theme into this room also. With regard to the presentation, we like to see an overhead shot of the roof up in order to see the rooflines.

The Winner is...

@RyeCris16

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats on winning dear @RyeCris16 !! :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    *woot woot* My very first BnS win! :smiley::star:
    Thank you so much @BuildnShare for your wonderful feedback, and even the encouraging critics! :)
    Whilst the dinosaur kids room is beautifully decorated and furnished, I feel it doesn’t quite blend in with the style of the other areas of the cottage. would have continued the Victorian theme into this room also.
    Thanks for pointing about it, I encouraged it! :) I actually stick to what theme kids like, so I went to more childish theme, but it won't happen again! :)
    With regard to the presentation, we like to see an overhead shot of the roof up in order to see the rooflines.
    I didn't knew that you also need an overhead shot for the roofing, hehe! :sweat_smile: I actually need to keep minimizing the number of photos on the album, since there's a limit in Photobucket, but maybe I'll stick with imgur for my future challenges. :)

Thanks so much again for the win and even the for the great feedback, much appreciated! :blush: *big hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3<3<3

Thank you dear @AIRIS6962 for congratulating me! It was a fun challenge, wasn't it? lol! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

@Rykel Your entry looks very wonderful too! very well done and I like it as well! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    @AIRIS6962 thank you so much. I didn't think I'd win. Everyone else did such a great job.
  • Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    Congrats @popettypop2012 and @RyeCris16! Well done on your awesome builds
  • Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    @BuildnShare thanks so much for the detailed feedback. Great suggestions on the exterior, will go test it out!
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations, Rye!! Woot, woot!!! :star::star::star:
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Thank you so much dears @Rykel @BreeMiles @WrathofCath for the congrats! It was an honor to win for the first time! :blush: *group hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3<3<3
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    Starting Out Results for #BnS 33 - Coy Christmas Comes Home

@popettypop2012

Small Cosy Tudor is a wonderful renovation. Great choice of exterior finishes for the Tudor style and I love how you've made use of all the available outdoor space for landscaping. The natural pool fits in very well with the style and the fountains at the front, together with the colourful plants, present a very attractive appearance to the build. The interior layout provides good access to the rooms which are decorated beautifully for Christmas, You have chosen perfect colours for the festive look and made the home feel very cosy, especially with the fireplace and the warm decor. The kitchen is very well designed and the enlarged plants in the bathroom add to the homeliness.

Suggestions: The path at the front looks a little too straight and square to me, maybe edge it with plants to soften the look or use terrain paint to create a curved path. Regarding the presentation we like to see overhead shots of the build with the roof up in order to see the rooflines and overhead shots of each floor of the build to see the general layout.

The Winner is...

@popettypop2012

GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare thank you so much:) I really appreciate your comments and suggestions.
    I must be blind, sorry, but where are The Expert Results for #BnS 31 - Fall Designer Showdown ???

Congrats @popettypop2012 !! Well done !! :smiley:
    @Airis6962 Thank you so much for your congratulations.
    Expert Results for #31 - Fall Designer Showdown

@masajo
    Such a cute little home you have created, the exterior siding looks lovely. You have made great use of terrain paints and your choice of plants is in perfect harmony with the style of the build. Your palette works well throughout and you have used just the right amount of clutter, to make the place look lived in but not overpowered. Great choice of objects inside that really echo that quaint country cottage style landscaping outside. I can totally see how your object inspired this charming little build.

Suggestions: I saw a plate of food on the floor in one of your screenshots of the dining area, not the best advertisement for a home!!

@AIRIS6962
    You certainly went all out for Christmas time with this build. The candy cane exterior is a novel idea and using the white roof tiles to act as snow was ingenious. The tree stumps sit well. Your interior palette works well throughout and those little Christmassy decorative touches are lovely. I am impressed with your use of the cabinetry in the different areas of the home, especially making that dresser in the bedroom. You have a good eye for object choices and placement. I can totally see that your inspiration piece was the old grandfather clock.

Suggestions: The landscaping seems overwhelming with both the snowman and the exterior tree, maybe one or the other would have made it seem a little less busy. There is a lot of red in this build and it really dominates the whole home, I wonder if you had used some more neutral tones and used the red more as an accent it would have felt a little more inviting.

@WrathofCath
    What a beautiful little log cabin! I can totally see how the grandfather clock inspired this build. Your landscaping is well thought out and understated, a lot like the exterior of the cabin itself. You have made some good use of the terrain painting tools. Your palette works well throughout the build and you have made some really great object choices. You have clearly put a lot of planning into your object placement.

Suggestions: The wreath on the front of the house feels a little too large and out of place considering the subtlety of the rest of your landscaping.

@RivendellStar
    Wow!! This place looks amazing! Great job with the steampunk vibe. The exterior wall treatments work well with the landscaping you have chosen. Your interior palette blends well with the furnishings you have chosen. You seem to have a great eye for object placement and you have used just the right amount of clutter.

Suggestions: All we use to judge this challenge is the media you provide. You may find it useful to sign up for a Photobucket/Picasa/Flickr account to show your build off in more detail. We also asked for a top down shot of the interior to ensure that it stuck to the shell detail.

@BreeMiles
    I can see how your inspiration piece of the scales has inspired this build, the concept of a build set in another time is great and this place really does scream safari. Your palette works well throughout the home, making the inside feel extremely cohesive. You have a good eye for object placement and choices and the clutter you have used feels at home with the rest of the interior.

Suggestions: The exterior could, I think, have benefitted from using an accent wall trim alongside the brickwork, it feels very dull and lacklustre. The landscaping seems a little disorganised, too much of too many different things in one place.

The Winner Is.......

I truly couldn't choose between these two builds for the win, so we have a draw.

Congratulations to @masajo and @WrathofCath

GArBA5W.jpg
    Expert Results for #33 - Coy Christmas Comes Home

@masajo
    This is such a lovely refurb. The exteriors fit perfectly, and that landscaping is simply divine. Great choice of plants used and you have also made some exquisite use of the terrain painting tools. The interiors feel light and airy, and I like that you have kept some of that olde world feel with the doors and woodwork on the walls. You have made some solid decisions when it comes to object placement and choices.

Suggestions: I do wonder if a little more colour could have made the home feel just that little more inviting, it feels a little cold and stark in places in comparison to the lushness of the exterior.

@AIRIS6962
    What a charming Tudor style cottage. You have certainly made great use of the terrain painting tool and the landscaping looks lovely. Your palette works really well throughout the build, it feels incredibly cohesive. You have made some excellent object choices and your eye for placement in this build is superb. Your use of clutter works well, making the home feel lived in but not too much that is is overpowering.

Suggestions: The dormers feel a little thin to me, which makes the roofline a little unbalanced, perhaps had you placed them centrally along the entirety of the roof, not stopping where the lower floor ends, it would have looked a little more proportional.

And the winner is......

@AIRIS6962

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many congrats to @WrathofCath and @AIRIS6962 your builds are awesome, very well done :)
    Big thank you @BuildnShare for your wonderful feedback, always very much appreciated, those plates get everywhere :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thank you so much for your congrats, dear Christine <3

Congrats to @masajo and @WrathofCath !! Well done as always

Thank you so much @BuildnShare for taking your time on the feedback :)
    Starting Out Results for #34 - A Curtis New Year

@StSciurus

The Explorer's Club is a magnificent build perfect for any occasion. You have really put a lot of thought into the events which might take place in this building and have catered for almost everything. The interior layout is first class with all rooms spacious and easily accessible. All the rooms are very tastefully furnished and decorated, not too classic and not too modern. The warm and comfortable reception with nearby cafe are very welcoming rooms to this beautiful venue. I love the idea of an indoor and outdoor pool and the wedding patio is stunning, the pergola is a great touch. Awesome underground bar/disco, lots of fun to be had here! Also, the presentation made great reading, impeccable work!

Suggestions: I can't really fault this build, but if I had to criticise I would say it's a little too gentlemanly in style, maybe add a few feminine colours/touches here and there. However, I would like to suggest you move up to Established for any future challenges.

@popettypop2012

Curtis' Wedding Venue is a wonderful design, I love the arches leading out to beautiful pool area, looks so romantic, as does the actual wedding area, I can just imagine soft piano music playing here. Your building skills shine here with the use of terrain paint and enlarged objects. Great layout to the build with lots of space for good gameplay. Gorgeous dining area with the red roses on the tables and lots of fun to be had at the bar and dancing, the kitchen is very well laid out. Love the honeymoon suite, looks wonderful and relaxing, perfect for newleyweds.

Suggestions: I would suggest you adorn that wonderful balcony leading from the honeymoon suite, the choices here are endless! As it's quite large maybe divide into areas with half walls or partitions, perhaps add an activity such as chess or painting or even an exercise machine. Seating and relaxation is always a good idea. Finally top it all with plants, decor and lighting.

And the winner is......

@StSciurus
    GArBA5W.jpg
    steskens wrote: »
    @BuildnShare But i'm confused, this was my first entry at this challenge but I don't get how you make your feedbacks? You don't make for everyone a feedback, if I understand right? :sweat_smile:

@steskens these are the results for BnS34 - A Curtis New Year, which you didn't enter. I believe you entered BnS35 - We Have A Plan, which is still running. We will have those results out in a week or so :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited January 2016
    Gosh! Thank you so much for the win, but especially for your thoughtful commentary, @BuildnShare. I really enjoyed seeing what @popettypop2012 did with her venue, too. So much creativity!

And thank you @steskens for your kind wishes!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top