Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Listening to Sims 2 music makes me so upset...

JosieWosieJosieWosie Posts: 23 Member
Just listened to Sims 2 nightlife neighborhood theme by Junkie XL... The nostalgia was just too intense. Gone were the days where I waited with excitement for the release of a new EP. Gone were the days when developers released in depth gameplay trailers showcasing actual meaningful gameplay. Gone were the days where the actual expansion exceeded my expectations from trailers. Gone were the days when trailers and the actual gameplay were equally exciting. A little bit of my childhood dies every time they release sims 4 "expansions" and "stuffpacks" that don't hold a candle to the legendary sims 2.

Comments

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    My favorite has always been the Makin' Magic music from Sims 1.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Why not play the Sims 2 again? It helps playing the older Sims games sometimes. I never get bored of them. TS1 music rocked too. The Sims 2 did do things well and I think was the peak of the series so far.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    1. How is this feedback?
    2. How is this Sims 4 related?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    edited November 2015
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    1. How is this feedback?

3. How does your post contribute to anything?

Girl, i like you but find your chill. Its obvious that OP means that the quality and fun in Sims 4 is lacking
    Post edited by PrincessSaturn on
    Sims 2 makes me so depressed. Just thinking about how that ancient game is still better than Sims 4 :weary:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    1. How is this feedback?

I got the message pretty clear -- OP feels TS4 does not compare to TS2.
    1. How is this feedback?

Girl, i like you but find your chill. Its obvious that OP means that the quality and fun in Sims 4 is lacking
    Because Sims 2 music makes them nostalgic?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    1. How is this feedback?

1. How is this feedback?

Nostalgia triggered by sight, sound or scent can be pretty powerful.. some candle scents can take me right back to a specific moment in my life.

Did you miss their post? Did you read it? OP is upset by the direction of TS4.
    I'm failing to see why there was a reason to be completely snide to them.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2015
    1. How is this feedback?

1. How is this feedback?

No, because this game doesn't add new EP music. (to hear at startup)) If it does it's at the first of starting up a new EP. Then the next time you are right back to the original base game music in start up, build mode or whatever. We barely get to realize the new music in the GPs or EP in this game. Because unlike the older game (when you add a new EP the game uses that music instead of original) which keeps the music fresh and let's you know in some way hey, this is 'new' when you hear it. We keep hearing the base game music no mater what is installed, but not in TS2 it always switched to the next new EP music.

ETA: Of course they add new music but it's rarely heard when loading a new GP or EP. That was my point.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Some of you are taking the OP way too literally. Her post is about the excitement most of us felt when a new pack was coming out for TS2, and that pack was totally more awesome than we even expected it to be. Listening to the TS2 music made her feel all those feelings.

Fast forward to today, and those feelings contrast with....The Sims 4. Bland and boring and lacking the quality and depth of game play we used to have. Nothing at all to get excited about in comparison. And that really is very, very sad.

And for the record, my nostalgia has nothing to do with youth, because I was already a working adult when I began playing TS1, followed by TS2, and TS3. Not digging TS4 in the least.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    1. How is this feedback?

1. How is this feedback?

I think they pointed out TS2 music made them feel nostalgic was to convey just how much they've enjoyed TS2 in comparison to TS4.
  • xoxCandicexoxCandice Posts: 122 Member
    always have it in my head!
  • xoxCandicexoxCandice Posts: 122 Member
    > @nickibitsward said:
    > My favorite has always been the Makin' Magic music from Sims 1.

This too
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    I feel the exact same way Josie. Its really sad.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I'm partial to the University (College Rock). Makes me smile. :mrgreen:
  • actuallyitsjessicaactuallyitsjessica Posts: 136 Member
    I wasn't on any sims forums or even connected to the internet when Sims 2 expansions were being released, and I continue to be saddened by the fact that Sims 4 is the game I get to be around for. The tune you mentioned, OP, still makes me feel nostalgic, nonetheless, because it takes me back to when I first got my hands on Sims 2, in 2010. I just fell in love. I watch the nightlife trailer often, and definitely after I've seen any trailer of GT.

I go into Sims 4 to give it chance after chance and to see what's new in a patch, but there's no magic. The only thing I liked about the GT trailer is the pool venue, excluding the thing that has replaced a good old diving board.
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member

I go into Sims 4 to give it chance after chance and to see what's new in a patch, but there's no magic. The only thing I liked about the GT trailer is the pool venue, excluding the thing that has replaced a good old diving board.

This. I once again tried to play and cannot enjoy it. soo flippin' bland!!
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Well I like the clothes and groups in the GT preview but I'm planing to be disappointed because I liked the idea of get to work and that game just made me sad... Sims 4 has no sims magic to it!

Oh well at least I can make a hopefully make a purple hand gang and the plastics with actual teenagers... Although I seen a bit of the game play and it didn't seem fun, heck I don't even like creating sims anymore because all I can think about is the things we can't do like make teens and young adults look their age... Teens don't even get their own outfits in game/stuff packs... Not to mention no toddlers, plus once you age up kids it's the adult stage form then on, so aging just seems sad!

Oh well the new world looks nice at least!
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Oh and as for music sims 2 wins hands down but I also love sims 3 music.
  • SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    The sims 1 pets and making magic music makes me sad but in a good way ? Lol. The sims 2 music will forever have my heart. I just miss being a pre teen and playing my sims all day with no real worries. Good times for sure :(
  • jSashajjSashaj Posts: 13 New Member
    I get a sense of happy nostalgia from the Sims 2 music, especially from the Pop and Salsa station. My all time favorite track is Hyper from Nightlife.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I put a bunch of the sims 2 and sims 3 music into my sims 4 game as custom music.
    Still don't want to play 4 :p
  • WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=xD_vx-eMtGY

Oh, the nostalgia! I started playing TS2 when I had just turned 12 and I was so obsessed. I remember when Seasons came out, I remember when a bunch of "Stuff Packs" were released, I remember going on ModTheSims2 and downloading all this cool CC for my Sims. I can't believe I'm so old now!
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif