Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am having so much fun!

I am a die hard Sims 3 lover. LOVE the open world. Also pretty much a family style player, love creating generations of families from babyhood up. So...needless to say I was sorely disappointed with the Sims 4. Discouraged everyone from buying it. Got bored within minutes of playing it. Missed toddlers and the open world, etc. Still, I'm THAT Sims player that has been with this series since Sims 1. I buy all the EP's , Stuff Packs, Store items, blah blah. So even though I was unhappy with the Sims 4, I have continued to buy the Sims 4 stuff packs, game packs, and EP's. And I bought the Get Together EP, not expecting much, just bought it because I have been buying everything for this game series for so long, lol. Loaded the game with zero expectations...

...and WOW. I am so PLEASED with the Get Together EP! I have played non stop since downloading it, and even got some achievement for playing 24 hours straight I didn't even know existed, lol...that's how little I played the Sims 4. I will say that I decided to change my attitude toward the game when I created Sims for Windenburg and got into the gameplay. Sims 4 is not a generation style game just yet, and this new EP adds very little to a generation styple player. So I decided to play with the Young Adults having fun, joining clubs, going out, just imagining them as 18-25 year olds living life, and not with the goal of creating families. And playing with this mindset has really helped me enjoy the game. I also took the advice of a poster here named WaffleKone who said in a previous thread ( can't recall which) that the game can be enjoyable if you take lots of pics, and I'm doing that, and WaffleKone was right! I feel more immersed in the game when I stop to take pics of my Sims doing things, just as I used to in Sims 2 and 3. And last, another thing that has won me over is that Windenburg is so big it "sorta kinda sort" feels like the open world of Sims 3...not quite, but definitely not as claustrophobic as some of the other Sims 4 neighborhoods.
I am still hoping for toddlers, and an open world, and seasons and pets, and more stuff to do with my Sims and the whole shebang. I know that this game will never be the Sims 3. I'm finally starting to accept that it was never meant to be an extension of the Sims 3. But I just want to tell die hard Sims 3 fans like me that there is hope. Get Together is a definitely step in the right direction.

Comments

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I'm so happy to hear you're having a great time! I keep hearing that a lot of people love Get Together and that it's really changed things for the better for simmers, glad that I keep hearing this praise. It's a positive sign.

Going in with zero expectations sounds like a great idea, always easy to be positively surprised that way, lol.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Awesome! You might be interested to know that some players are making family clubs, with extended family :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Thank you for your post, BanSimley. My feelings are very similar to yours-about Sims3 and my personal disappointment with the direction of Sims4. But I have been watching a Lets Play about the way that the new clubs addition operates and I have to say it looks pretty darn cool. I'm glad to hear that you are having so much fun-because that is what it's all about!

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited December 2015
    @luthienrising That is a cool idea, and I always do that in real life, with my cousins, they are closer to me than my sister or half sisters/brothers lol. Cause we live in the same city have same interests :D Cool idea cause I never thought of it before!
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Awesome! You might be interested to know that some players are making family clubs, with extended family :)

Sounds fun
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    @luthienrising That is a cool idea, and I always do that in real life, with my cousins, they are closer to me than my sister or half sisters/brothers lol. Cause we live in the same city have same interests :D Cool idea cause I never thought of it before!

man... IRL i would die than go out with my family. They are so... basic. I'm too hipster for that. ahhahahaha :P
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Thanks for your post OP. Since I seem to share many of your preferences and what you want in this game, I'm roaming the forums for experiences like yours. I can live with the lack of proper family play - there's always Sims 3 for that - as long as there's other fun stuff to do. They finally seem to have added that with this EP.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    So nice to hear somebody as pleased and exited as I am with The Sims 4. Not that I ever came to like Sims 3 because of all the bugs. Sims 4 is much better running.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    I totally agree! At first I had a "meh" attitude toward TS4 but TS3 glitches were working my nerves so I had to try TS4 again and I've been super impressed. It's like when I think it would be cool if they add something, I'll either find a mod for it or they eventually add it in a patch or new pack. For example, I had my Sim on vacation in GF and I was thinking how cool it would be if they could stop on their hike and pee on a bush lol and what did we get with Get Together? A bush we could fertilize. Little things like that give me hope for this franchise.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Yay! So happy you're enjoying Get Together! I'm a big fan of this sandboxy expansion as well, and I definitely agree that it's a step in the right direction. Happy Simming and thank you for sharing your experience!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg