Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    New Entry Form:
    * denotes a mandatory field

Username:* sweetnightingale
    Website/Blog/Channel name:* Sweetnightingale's LP's.
    Current site URL:* https://www.youtube.com/user/sweetnightingale2907
    Sims games featured:* Sims 3 as well as some Sims 2 and Sims 4 but mostly Sims 3.
    Update schedule:* (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, irregular, completed, on hiatus, incomplete/no longer updates, etc) Most of the time, videos are posted every day. If not, ones are posted every few days.
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): There are many series on this channel - ones that are finished/ended and current ones. Each series has it's own playlist, so you should be able to find whatever series you wish to watch pretty easily.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes
    This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
    New Entry Form:

Website/Blog/Channel name:* Sweetnightingale's Sims
    Current site URL:* http://sweetnightingalesims.blogspot.com
    Sims games featured:* Sims 3
    Update schedule:* (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, irregular, completed, on hiatus, incomplete/no longer updates, etc) Most of the time, this is updated at least once a week but I have recently fallen behind due to RL.
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): This is what I call my "catch-all" blog, as it features my "just for fun" off camera gameplays. There are tabs at the top that'll take you to whatever challenge, story, and such you wish to read. This is different than my other stories, as this is mainly pictures with commentary.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes
    This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    New Entry Form:

Website/Blog/Channel name:* "The Love Ship"
    Current site URL:* http://loveship1.blogspot.com
    Update schedule:* (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, irregular, completed, on hiatus, incomplete/no longer updates, etc) Irregular
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc):
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks @AuroraLockwood , @stargirl18 , and @sweetnightingale !

The way the Index is organized, all stories which are hosted on the same URL get grouped under the same heading, so @AuroraLockwood , you will find your new story added to the This is UNEQUIVOCALLY us! entry as a new "Story featured". On the flipside, @stargirl18 , since all your stories are hosted on separate sites with individual URLs, each one is listed as a separate entry in the Index, rather than grouped together.

So all your stories have been added to the Index, and any updates on those sites that were within the last month (11/6/15 - 12/6/15) have automatically been added to the Monthly Site Updates sections on the front page of this thread.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    Monthly Site Updates are done for today! Come and get them!

Now, I'm going to settle in for a nice long Doctor Who Season Finale marathon, since my friend and I have saved up the last three episodes to binge-watch now instead of being stuck in To Be Continued h*ll the last few weeks. Mwahahahaha! *puts the popcorn on*
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • fibijeanfibijean Posts: 122 Member
    edited December 2015
    Username: Fibijean
    Blog Name: The Hunter Legacy
    Current URL: https ://hunterfamilylegacy.wordpress . com/
    Sims Games Featured: The Sims 3
    Update Schedule: Every couple of days, at least twice a week depending on real-life workload and the specifics of the story.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes.
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes.

[color=#00529c]This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.[/color]

Apologies for this, I didn't realise that older stories had already been moved, but I can't find how to delete a comment!
    r7ng8fn8itqt.png
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Thanks for adding the updates to my stories. You are fantastic. <3
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

The Monthly Site Updates is updated for today, get 'em while they're hot!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    So, I have learned something interesting today. I have started using Wordpress Reader and Blogger Reading List to help me get update news in an easier manner for sites that use those hosts. This greatly cuts down on the amount of pages that I have to manually check for updates these days (which are now pretty much just Weebly, YouTube, Tumblr, and a few other random hosts). However, I've noticed that if folks create new pages for each update they make on Wordpress, rather than a new post, those updates will not show up via the Reader. I'm not saying anyone has to redesign their sites, but... it might take me a while to figure out exactly which Wordpress sites are designed in this manner so I can get them into my "You need to check this page manually" list. If you do happen to always make a new page rather than posts on Wordpress, you may be best off making sure you use one of my update channels in the meantime, to make sure that news gets to me. (Please note the vast majority of you do use the post method, and thus show up on my Reader just fine!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @mastressalita I do a little bit of both. I create a new page for my stories, but I post my stories in posts. I do plan on continuing to use the extra method, but just for a heads up.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
    edited December 2015
    @SilentWolf101 : If chapters are posted as posts (as in, you click the Create New Post button) there is no problem. Those will always show up on my Wordpress Reader every day. What I am referring to, is there are actually some sites where folks are creating brand-new pages (as in, clicking the Create New Page button) for every new chapter they make in their story. Those do not show up via the Wordpress Reader, and thus I've been inadvertently missing some updates until I find all the sites that are designed in that manner and get them into my "manual" list.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Monthly Site Updates are done! Happy reading!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    And the 12/9 Monthly Site Updates are up! Enjoy!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited December 2015
    New Entry Form

Username: Ojenn
    Blog Name: Simthology
    Current URL: https://simthologyblog.wordpress.com/
    Sims Games Featured: The Sims 4
    Update Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes.
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes.

Waaaaaai! It's @OJenn ! Now I feel like a squeeling fangirl at a rock concert that has just caught the guitar pick of a favorite rock star. ^_^;; Thanks for adding your site to the Index! All your updates from the last month have been automatically added to the front page in the Monthly Site Updates section! (I notice all the parts of Memories that left tears in my eyes happen to be within that set of updates that came out within the last month... T_T )
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Hehe, hi! Generation 2 had started as well, trying to get updates set to run through Christmas.
  • PinkslinkyPinkslinky Posts: 306 Member
    Username:Pinkslinky
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Same Old Sames
    Current site URL:http://sameolesim.blogspot.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: As events dictate. Probably once a week or so.
    Thanks @Pinkyslinky! Good luck on your legacy! I've added it to the Index and have your updates added to the Monthly Site Updates section.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • GobstoppedGobstopped Posts: 510 Member
    edited December 2015
    Username: Gobstopped
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Breaking The Apocalypse
    Current site URL: https://gobstoppedstories.wordpress.com/breaking-the-apocalypse/prologue/
    Update schedule: Irregular
    Additional information: Stories Forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/864911/breaking-the-apocalypse-prologue?new=1
    ygOHaMn.png
    Thanks @Gobstopped ! Your site is listed in the Index and your first update has automatically been added to the Monthly Site Updates section!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Monthly Site Updates are done for today! Happy reading!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
    edited December 2015

Username: BabydollAnne
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Life Of Ivy - Runaway Teen
    Current site URL:*https://babydollanne.wordpress.com/
    Update schedule:* Irregular / Once a week.
    Additional information: Forum link for my updates!

Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes :3
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes :3
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Amendment Form:

Username:* Adamseve1231
    Website/Blog/Channel name (as listed in the index): The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright
    Reason for amendment (e.g. "change of URL", "site now inactive", "update schedule changed from weekly to monthly", "Add new story to my featured titles", "Please delete my entry from the index"): I've reorganized pages and content.
    Correct your entry by completing the original form below:*

Username:* Adamseve1231
    Website/Blog/Channel name:* The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright
    Current site URL:* thekrazycrazylifeofkass.wordpress.com
    Update schedule:* (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, irregular, completed, on hiatus, incomplete/no longer updates, etc) weekly
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, etc): (I have an added section called Unfinished Stories)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    New Entry Form:

Username: Adamseve1231
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Livin'a'Simmin'Life: Dancing in the Rain
    Current site URL:* livinasimminlife.wordpress.com
    Update schedule:* (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, irregular, completed, on hiatus, incomplete/no longer updates, etc): monthly
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): n/a
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* yes
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Username: CitizenErased14
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy
    Current site URL: https://ashes2asheslegacy.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: The Sims 4
    Update schedule: Every-other day
    Additional information: Story Thread - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/865014/ashes-to-ashes-a-legacy-first-chapter-up-12-11
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes ma'am! :)
    snvAF3B.png