Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now that the patch has arrived what broke in your game?

Comments

• Options
    muusawhomuusawho Posts: 1 New Member
    my cc file is not working in game. It announced something about it when i opened the game but I don't know how to get them back to work. Now my sims are bald and walk in bathrobes. I've tried to move files and remove Mods folder but it never comes back automatically as before and now I created new one and downloaded resource file but still no working.. please, i've tried to find answer to this but didin't find any. I have no mods, only clothes, hair, skin and makeup files.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    keenow wrote: »
    My graphics settings were spontaneously set to low with no notification.
    There is a lot of random light flickering, especially on my sims faces when they are outside.
    Canceling an action in a series of queue actions causes them to walk all the way over to wherever the canceled action is located, then decide not to do it, then carry on with the rest of the list.
    It feel like slower or more lagged response time of standing around before performing an action.
    Also, R.I.P. Risky Woohoo! We'll meet again :,O

But, ya'know, the patch did add a bunch of nice stuff. :smile:

Are you on a laptop a dedicated card? The game might be using the wrong card: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863606/laptop-users-update-your-card-assignment-for-64bit#latest
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    lilacksb wrote: »
    Travelling to Sixam my sim now does not wear her spacesuit when she gets there and all the aliens are in normal clothes..

You might want to report this one. It sounds related to the reported bug where Sims at the nightclub are in everyday wear.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    muusawho wrote: »
    my cc file is not working in game. It announced something about it when i opened the game but I don't know how to get them back to work. Now my sims are bald and walk in bathrobes. I've tried to move files and remove Mods folder but it never comes back automatically as before and now I created new one and downloaded resource file but still no working.. please, i've tried to find answer to this but didin't find any. I have no mods, only clothes, hair, skin and makeup files.

Here's the explanation: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/861802/disable-mods-faq#latest
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I set a sim to do yoga last night and they cancelled yoga to go to the toilet (with full bladder needs) about every 20 sim minutes. I was quite irritated about it. :angry:
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2015
    foussi wrote: »
    My sims dont move sometimes and dont do anything just staying there and the time still runs and after some time it works again. That annoys me so much.
    It was much worse when i had the faster eating mod for some reason.

Agree, but I was seeing some of this recently right before the patch.
    Jump bug returned. Sims jump up from table if I tell two other Sims to go into the room where others are seated by using 'chat here' interaction. That interaction has nothing to do with the seated Sims but that is what they did. Jump bug popping out of place and seats etc.

Commands dropping from the queue and Sims not following through with the action.

Get in shower and then peeing as the other poster mentioned is not relative to this particular patch, I got that right after repairing my game with Origin last week.

Trying to drag food from one floor to the other (upstairs to downstairs) isn't working. The object remains red and can't be placed on a different floor.

Turning some objects with the keyboard keys/ comma and period is no longer working.

Game locks up and locks up pc. Never did before.

ETA: No mods installed.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Additionally:

I've been experiencing some definite issues with sims. They will unexpectedly leave the active lot and run down the sidewalk toward the edge of the playable area then stop and walk back. The sim is in my active household, and this happened immediately as she was prompted to respond to a social interaction from another sim in the household.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    For me, it was the MC Command Center Mod, but I read today that it has been updated, only the Dresser module is still not fixed, if I remember correctly. Also, my Sims definitely continue standing around and doing nothing from time to time, even though this part should have been fixed. And when I throw parties, the Sim I'm currently controlling is a bit slow in performing the interactions and tasks I'm giving to him/her.
  • Options
    For me, it was the MC Command Center Mod, but I read today that it has been updated, only the Dresser module is still not fixed, if I remember correctly. Also, my Sims definitely continue standing around and doing nothing from time to time, even though this part should have been fixed. And when I throw parties, the Sim I'm currently controlling is a bit slow in performing the interactions and tasks I'm giving to him/her.

Some of that could be 64-bit related. If you're on a 64-bit laptop, check this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863606/laptop-users-update-your-card-assignment-for-64bit If you have only 4 GB RAM, try switching to 32-bit.
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    The game is lagging more than before. Maybe because I'm trying the 64bits version with 4gb RAM?
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    The game is lagging more than before. Maybe because I'm trying the 64bits version with 4gb RAM?

Could well be. The 64-bit thing might be trying to use more RAM than the 4 GB the 32-bit thing is able to use.
  • Options
    anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    > @HausOfSuper said:
    > The game is lagging more than before. Maybe because I'm trying the 64bits version with 4gb RAM?

32 bit limits the amount of RAM the game can use to 4GB, 64bit allows the game to use more. I messed up my old laptop running too many programs which required more RAM so I would definitely advise switching back to 32bit. I've got 16GB RAM and I was getting lag on my larger lots with 64bit
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Anyone experiencing this? When I run my cursor over Sims, their name tags above their heads are missing their age category. This is happening after patching, most noticeable in my old saves. So then today I started a brand new save, but info was still missing. However, it was happening intermittently--first there, then gone, then there again. Strange! I like knowing everyone's age, and this info was so handy to have. I am going to try to repair my game and see if that helps. Anyone else noticing this in their game?

From my old save: Teen girl, Kyra Christie, (seated wearing a cap) is missing teen category info under her name.
    Noteentag_zpsqqmqfdjv.jpg

One of my own Young Adults, Zane Collins, is missing YA category:
    NoYAtag_zpstmmqcqzv.jpg

Elders are missing their age category:
    Noeldertag_zpsmibulmdj.jpg

NPC Gardener missing age and "Gardener" info:
    Nogardenertag_zpsd450ea2e.jpg

Now - from a brand new save:
    Bob Pancakes was showing Young Adult category at first:
    YAtag_zpsuouymqn9.jpg

Then he suddenly lost it when I moved my mouse around and came back to him: (Notice the time hasn't changed, and game was still paused):
    NoYAtag2_zpsk7zwybdb.jpg

As he continued across the street I followed him and the YA category reappeared:
    YAtag2_zps5oo59ugj.jpg

Same thing happened to Geoffrey Landgraab, who was right there in the road near Bob Pancakes. Landgraab's "Adult" category kept disappearing, then returning, too, everytime I moved my mouse around from one to the other Sim. :o
  • Options
    Wolves_WeirdmaggedonWolves_Weirdmaggedon Posts: 18 New Member
    Well, after I upgraded to a more recent version of Windows, I had to re-download the game. It won't download past 95%. I'm going to give it some more time, but currently, nothing. :| So yes, pretty much the entire thing broke! XD It could just be bad luck, however. Seeing as the patch has been implemented, though, there's a higher chance it's due to that.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited December 2015
    @Pamhamlet that is really interesting maybe worth creating a thread in bug section for the bug team to see
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    My game is super laggy despite my computer having 12 GB of RAM.
  • Options
    boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    The flickering on your laptop a graphic issue and most of your problems I see is because of graphics. I have no frame rate issues. All I have is when they buy food at work and you cancel the interaction the money does not go back to their account like it use to. I have a high end computer so 64 bit does not effect anything. It actually improved my computer. The sims look better on very high. But I have two graphic cards that runs my game. But I have a desktop. The sims 4 really was not made to play on a laptop that's why you have so many issues. Get a desktop that high end if you want better game play. I just wish they would also fix clipping and my game would be gold all the way. Get together going to be great. But when they dance they will clip into each other and that will be horrible and will irritate me.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    My game is super laggy despite my computer having 12 GB of RAM.
    if you're not playing on a laptop i would try resetting your files and seeing if test game works better

how to reset your sims 4 files, pull your my documents/electronic arts/sim 4 folder to the desktop and run a test game if this fixes the problem you can move back old files to the new but test for problems:

files to move back (but again test each move)
    saves - game save
    options.ini - game settings
    screenshots
    custom music
    mods folder - IMPORTANT: only return updated mods or mods deemed fine by modder to your game patch; outdated mods can corrupt save files and user feedback isnt enough proof that a mod isnt conflicting with new game coding
    tray folder - all your saved builds and sims
    The flickering on your laptop a graphic issue and most of your problems I see is because of graphics. I have no frame rate issues. All I have is when they buy food at work and you cancel the interaction the money does not go back to their account like it use to. I have a high end computer so 64 bit does not effect anything. It actually improved my computer. The sims look better on very high. But I have two graphic cards that runs my game. But I have a desktop. The sims 4 really was not made to play on a laptop that's why you have so many issues. Get a desktop that high end if you want better game play. I just wish they would also fix clipping and my game would be gold all the way. Get together going to be great. But when they dance they will clip into each other and that will be horrible and will irritate me.
    i have both a gaming laptop and desktop and no issues with either, i wont lie my gaming laptop is top tier but many lesser laptops can play the current game. the graphics issues related to many laptops with dual graphics cards is because many players havent set up up their dedicated card to play the new 64 bit version http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863606/laptop-users-update-your-card-assignment-for-64bit#latest
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    My heart broke with the very slight increase of culling cap!!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    emperorq52emperorq52 Posts: 98 Member
    My sims can't seem to cook anymore. If I click on the stove or fridge, and select "Serve ..." they just stand there and eventually reset. Same with the grill.

Tried the Repair game option already, but still no luck...
  • Options
    emperorq52 wrote: »
    My sims can't seem to cook anymore. If I click on the stove or fridge, and select "Serve ..." they just stand there and eventually reset. Same with the grill.

if repairing didnt fix the issue and you dont have anything in your mods folder replace all appliances and confirm no wall cabinet is obstructing the path
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited December 2015
    If I have my sims use the the toilet and then take a shower, they go to the shower first, get out immediately and then use the toilet, and they never take the shower.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So far with this patch I'm getting actions cancelled and Sims went to hot tub themselves to Woohoo and ended up freezing I had to go to build mode pick up hot tub and move it to unfreeze them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    emperorq52emperorq52 Posts: 98 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    emperorq52 wrote: »

if repairing didnt fix the issue and you dont have anything in your mods folder replace all appliances and confirm no wall cabinet is obstructing the path

Well, it's definitely a mod. I removed my Mods folder, started a new file, and my sim started cooking.

Now to find out which one is causing this...
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I just discovered something else. :s
    One of my sim owns a Herbal Remedies shop.
    04-23-15_1-18nbspPM.png

I went to it and everything she created is gone, except for her paintings. That was a lot of work and now I have to do it all over again.
    12-07-15_12-08-08nbspPM.png

I created this shop for my other other sims to shop at it who don't have herbalist skills.
    I wasn't that interested in playing it as a business.
    09-27-15_10-31-47nbspPM.png

Now I have to start over.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds