Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Service Issues

Comments

• tribbotribbo Posts: 2,441 Member
    Clicking on star no longer bookmarks.

No! I loved that feature!
    MAFIA STATS
    Played: 18 | Won: 9 | Lost: 9
    Town Wins: 4 | Mafia Wins: 5 | Third Wins: 0
    Played as Town: 10 | Played as Mafia: 9 | Played as Third: 1
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    marcel21 wrote: »
    For a few weeks I keep getting a site maintenance error screen pops up in between a thread post and sometimes it happens where I can only see half of the thread page with the error message on the left side and the right side showing the thread!

It happens between nearly every post for me on a daily basis and it does it on my desktop, phone, tablet and does the same on my mother's desktop and other devises!

If you are still receiving this error could you take a screenshot when it appears along with what browser (and version) you are using? I want to try and narrow this problem down to see what browser is causing the issue.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    ciane wrote: »
    Heledriel wrote: »
    I just wanted to edit an older post of me (to keep it up to date), but after I wanted to post the updated version, it just showed me 'the post ist waiting for approval' and completely disappeared from the thread :| . It was a pretty long and detailed one, and I don't keep back ups of everythign I want to post.

There are a few threads mentioning this problem on the forums. This has happened to me. I am afraid to edit any post for fear of it disappearing, but linking to individual entries in a contest on the first page had always been good before the last maintenance that accompanied this last patch.

The "post is waiting for approval" normally means you've unintentionally tripped our spam filter. If you are still experiencing this issue please let me know.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @SimGuruDrake -There's another issue happening here in THIS thread and I've seen it happening on three browsers.I tested on Opera,Firefox and Internet Explorer only to find it's happening on all of them.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Chrinnie wrote: »
    I keep getting this maintenance page every time I try to access a thread. Am I the only one? I use Google Chrome on Windows 10.

No your not the only one! been happening to me for weeks
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    For a few weeks I keep getting a site maintenance error screen pops up in between a thread post and sometimes it happens where I can only see half of the thread page with the error message on the left side and the right side showing the thread!

It happens between nearly every post for me on a daily basis and it does it on my desktop, phone, tablet and does the same on my mother's desktop and other devises!

If you are still receiving this error could you take a screenshot when it appears along with what browser (and version) you are using? I want to try and narrow this problem down to see what browser is causing the issue.

I will do and let you you!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    I have noticed some of the comments that I have posted have disappeared. And I even noticed that someone got banned when I am looking at the activity wall but when clicking on the person's name, it still shows them as being in jail when I go to their wall. This really needs to be fixed. Please... :)
  • AnimeIzzyAnimeIzzy Posts: 1 New Member
    > I can put any of mt cc and i was wondering how do i put it back?
    I
  • TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    I just wanted to edit an older post of me (to keep it up to date), but after I wanted to post the updated version, it just showed me 'the post ist waiting for approval' and completely disappeared from the thread :| . It was a pretty long and detailed one, and I don't keep back ups of everythign I want to post.

There are a few threads mentioning this problem on the forums. This has happened to me. I am afraid to edit any post for fear of it disappearing, but linking to individual entries in a contest on the first page had always been good before the last maintenance that accompanied this last patch.

The "post is waiting for approval" normally means you've unintentionally tripped our spam filter. If you are still experiencing this issue please let me know.

Hey @SimGuruDrake :) I've been experiencing this issue every time I try to edit my first post in my showcase thread- even if I'm just changing the title. I've tried to use different browsers etc. and loads of other things... but there isn't anything I can do :(. Is there any way this filter/problem could be removed/addressed so I'll be able to actually update my first page again (since I need to remove some of the broken images there and add my latest lot to tidy things up a bit). I know a lot of other people are experiencing this issue too (there is another specific forum thread about it.

It'd be fine if the post could actually be "approved" but there appears to be no mechanic for this- it simply just won't edit/ change.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member

I am STILL having this issue ONLY on the Lot threads. I have a building competition and it won't let me revise my first page, so I started a new one and it STILL won't let me edit my first page!!! I need this fixed or I'm going to have to stop using this forum.

What happens is I edit it and then it deletes everything (luckily my first page is untouched as it was) and says I must wait for approval. It doesn't matter how small I edit and so there's no way I'm tripping the spam filter. It's broken. For my stories, it doesn't happen. I CAN edit my first page, so it's not a browser issue. I've done this in Explorer, Safari, and Chrome--doesn't matter. It's a forum issue.

Here is the link to my challenges: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/834663/4sims4-builders-contest-christmas-war-of-the-landgraabs-due-december-1st/p1

And the new one: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863256/4sims4-builders-contest-christmas-character-cottage-due-december-17th#latest

Also on the lot forum, I can't post pictures. Same thing happens. Others have to post for me.

Thank you for finally responding after two weeks and placing my query here.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @SimGuruDrake I've been experiencing the "needs approval" issue on my showcase thread in the Lots section as well. I have simply been trying to change the thread title, not even editing any content in that first post at all. It's as if new triggers have been set up to more aggressively flag content, since this content has been present in the post for a long time and was always editable before.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    edited December 2015
    I've found a fix. If I don't use an image on the first line, it will let me edit. Not sure if you've tried this @BryonyRae , but I now can edit if I take out first line pics and start with text.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    The "fix" that worked for me @pammiechick was to take out my embedded URL links and just explicitly state the URLs. I didn't remove or change any of my images. Have no idea why embedded links would be a problem, as I am still using them left and right on new posts, and there are a ton in the Build Mode index posts, but I have no problem editing them. Still hope the team will address this - it seems very wonky.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    The "fix" that worked for me @pammiechick was to take out my embedded URL links and just explicitly state the URLs. I didn't remove or change any of my images. Have no idea why embedded links would be a problem, as I am still using them left and right on new posts, and there are a ton in the Build Mode index posts, but I have no problem editing them. Still hope the team will address this - it seems very wonky.

Yes...it's haphazard for sure. I wish they'd address the issues.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2015
    I just wanted to edit an older post of me (to keep it up to date), but after I wanted to post the updated version, it just showed me 'the post is waiting for approval' and completely disappeared from the thread :| . It was a pretty long and detailed one, and I don't keep back ups of everything I want to post.

@SimGuruDrake - I understand that the "post is waiting for approval" is a way to guard against spam, BUT it goes way beyond that when a post that had been approved completely disappears when trying to complete the editing process. Once a post is approved, that post should remain. A message that the post could not be editted successfully would at least keep the old info from disappearing.

We run contests in the gift giving forums. Individuals normally post pics and a link to their uploads in addition to possibly linking to another thread or site with more pics. I have several contestants who have tried repeated to post. I get the notification that they made several posts. Yet, I'll go to thread to see no post from them at all. It is so frustrating for them and me and all the others running contests or trying to showcase their work.

The browsers have all been different. It is not a browser issue. It is unreasonable spam filters that are simply blocking images in new posts and old posts that are being editted, even though the members are not new.

On another note... the exchange is saying that nothing new has been uploaded since the 12th. This is not true, of course, and is very frustrating for those who'd like others to see, download, and rec their work. Getting someone to look into and fix these issues would be heartening.

Thank you!

EDIT! I see IngeJones commented here on this problem with posting images:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14382463/#Comment_14382463

We can't use the easy links anymore. We have to right click on an image and choose to copy the image location.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Clicking on star no longer bookmarks.

No! I loved that feature!

That's fixed now. That was a while back.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I made a topic on this but I'll post here too. The quote system no longer works. Clicking does nothing. It will work on some post but not others. Same issue across my phone and my pc.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    @SimGuruDrake - If I edit my post to include more pictures of my build I get "post is waiting for approval" and then the whole post just disappears! I had to post the pictures individually in seperate post. I hope you can help. Looks like lot of simmers are having this problem.
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    think there's been an error - site says I received 5 awesomes badge but I don't have any awesomes.
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    SimzSizzle wrote: »
    think there's been an error - site says I received 5 awesomes badge but I don't have any awesomes.

Oh.. You again? (haha) If you click on it, it's supposed to show a list of posts for which you got an "awesome".
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member

Hello
    When I went to your wall page, you have 5 awesome. I pressed the awesome button and can see which threads that you received the awesomes on.
    Miki wrote: »

Oh.. You again? (haha) If you click on it, it's supposed to show a list of posts for which you got an "awesome".
    yup me again ha ha, some of the pages show 5 awesomes but the front page (first one you come to when clicking on your name shows 0 )
    I really don't care if I get awesomes or not but it said I had a badge & I didn't want to accept the badge if I really didn't have the goods.

rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    When I went to your wall page, you have 5 awesome. I pressed the awesome button and can see which threads that you received the awesomes on.
    @rosemow thanks for looking at it. One page shows 0 & the other pages show 5. It's not really a big deal though.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

You can click on the awesomes total on your profile and see which posts people have given you awesomes. Seems to be about the gardening. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.