Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch today! Simguru confirmd??

Comments

• Options
    raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    With the new maps, it looks like a completely different game. Very well done.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    nice! i cant update my game now from here for a while but i would be happy to see some pics and hear how the changes effected your game :)
  • Options
    And there we have some proof that this tweet wasnt meaningless and its good to speculate sometimes ;) Praise the hopefull peeps! :D
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Actually, I appreciate this new thread. I knew the other one was the old thread (as I was here on the forums when it was created as we waited for the patch). And I wouldn't have immediately went to it looking for new info. A big bold PATCH IS HERE is what I liked seeing. Now I need to go remove mods and CC, make a new copy of my important folders and get patching. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    OMG - so many notes! Going to make a cup of hot cocoa and go read them now! B)
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    A small step for Sims 4, a big step for the The Sims : )
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Thank you! Now, I shall go back up my game folder and then patch my game! Woot woot, today is a GREAT DAY!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    The new maps are gorgeous!
  • Options
    AliStarAliStar Posts: 2 New Member
    At the beginning of start up I did not enable the mods, and now I have restarted the game several times is not there. Is there a way to go back in time and enable the mods.? Please help:))))
  • Options
    horseman1952ahorseman1952a Posts: 131 Member
    edited December 2015
    So I read the notes and I'm a bit confused with the very last section. Has culling had some attempts at fixing it? Did they address some issues and culling will still happen any way? Has it been fixed to a degree? Each time I read it it seems to say something different.
    I certainly agree with you that the part of the notes dealing with culling was unclear as to whether or not it had been affected, I did find that it helped explain why it is not just a simple issue to fix. My take on it: the game was creating more Sims because of specific requirements for certain types of Sims (they used the bartender as an example). What I got out of what they wrote was that there should be fewer Sims generated now because they have loosened the requirements and that fewer Sims being generated should result in less culling. But I don't think they know just how much the changes that they made will effect the culling so they kind of ducked being specific as to how much impact the changes would have on the culling?

Maxis/EA, get a clue. A large number of people like family play not swinging singles stuff.
    Update: I finally fixed all of my frustrations with TS4...I uninstalled it! :#
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    For all those people having issues with Mods, do the Patch Notes help? If not, please let me know why not.

From the Patch notes:
    For those players that use Mods and may not realize that an update has occurred, or that their Mods may conflict with the new update, we now automatically Disable Mods when we patch.
    To turn them back on, open up Game Options, select the Other tab, and check on the Enable Custom Content and Mods option.
    Please use caution when re-enabling your Mods, as Mods have been known to modify your game.
    To learn more about this update, visit this FAQ - http://help.ea.com/article/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    So I read the notes and I'm a bit confused with the very last section. Has culling had some attempts at fixing it? Did they address some issues and culling will still happen any way? Has it been fixed to a degree? Each time I read it it seems to say something different.
    I certainly agree with you that the part of the notes dealing with culling was unclear as to whether or not it had been affected, I did find that it helped explain why it is not just a simple issue to fix. My take on it: the game was creating more Sims because of specific requirements for certain types of Sims (they used the bartender as an example). What I got out of what they wrote was that there should be fewer Sims generated now because they have loosened the requirements and that fewer Sims being generated should result in less culling. But I don't think they know just how much the changes that they made will effect the culling so they kind of ducked being specific as to how much impact the changes would have on the culling?

What I got out of it was we might know why it happens and we fixed some of that but we really don't know if it's going to happen any more or not.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    I love, love, love this new patch. So many great changes. Changes I couldn't even think of. :heart:
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    For all those people having issues with Mods, do the Patch Notes help? If not, please let me know why not.

From the Patch notes:
    For those players that use Mods and may not realize that an update has occurred, or that their Mods may conflict with the new update, we now automatically Disable Mods when we patch.
    To turn them back on, open up Game Options, select the Other tab, and check on the Enable Custom Content and Mods option.
    Please use caution when re-enabling your Mods, as Mods have been known to modify your game.
    To learn more about this update, visit this FAQ - http://help.ea.com/article/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates

I missed you! <3
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    The maps are on point now. Just looking at the maps and how cute they look makes me want to play because it gives me more the feel of the sims.
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options

From the Patch notes:

Thanks for coming here to help :)
  • Options
    horseman1952ahorseman1952a Posts: 131 Member

What I got out of it was we might know why it happens and we fixed some of that but we really don't know if it's going to happen any more or not.

:smiley: Yup, what you said. You just wrote it much more succinctly than I did. Except I would change what you wrote to "we really don't know if it's going to happen any more or less."
    Maxis/EA, get a clue. A large number of people like family play not swinging singles stuff.
    Update: I finally fixed all of my frustrations with TS4...I uninstalled it! :#
  • Options
    AliStarAliStar Posts: 2 New Member
    My hubby is wonderful figured it out for me:)))))))) Go to settings and other, click the check box to enable CC and tada :))))))
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited December 2015
    AliStar wrote: »
    At the beginning of start up I did not enable the mods, and now I have restarted the game several times is not there. Is there a way to go back in time and enable the mods.? Please help:))))

Hello.
    This link explains about the disabling of the mods and how to renable them.
    http://help.ea.com/article/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates
    Go to game options, enable the mods, then restart the game and test to see if they are working.

Edit. We were posting at the same time! I am glad that your husband helped you to figure it out.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello.
    Go to game options, enable the mods, then restart the game and test to see if they are working.

Edit. We were posting at the same time! I am glad that your husband helped you to figure it out.

How do we know if the Mods are compatible with the new update? I have the Risky Woohoo Mod (totally love it) and I don't think the creator is continuing to update the Mod. Is it unsafe to continue to use it? Just curious of your thoughts.
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    Just backup your saves, mods, any custom content... play and see what is still working and what isn't. That's what I've done.. really stinks when mods aren't updated, but they are made by others for free, so...

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello.

How do we know if the Mods are compatible with the new update? I have the Risky Woohoo Mod (totally love it) and I don't think the creator is continuing to update the Mod. Is it unsafe to continue to use it? Just curious of your thoughts.

Hello.
    Try playing the game with the mods in your game. If you have issues with your game, then take all the mods out of the mods folder, then put your mods/CC back into the mods folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item in , test it, take it out. Then test another one.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited December 2015
    Oh the map is beautiful.

oh!
    screen_shot_2015_12_04_at_2_39_26_pm_by_mphattyboi-d9j06qj.png

screen_shot_2015_12_04_at_2_41_30_pm_by_mphattyboi-d9j06ys.png
    SOLD!

Gasp!
    screen_shot_2015_12_04_at_3_03_46_pm_by_mphattyboi-d9j09op.png
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    You know, I just happened to stop playing with CAS right at 10am PST to go shopping. Now I have to check this out!
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    xhellocoldworldxhellocoldworld Posts: 264 Member
    Hey all! I'm really happy reading over the newest patch notes and seeing all the changes that came with it and all the bug fixes! Also, talk about culling as well!

How do you feel about the new patch? I'm looking forward to playing and testing the new features out as well as seeing the fixes for bugs.

Also I know the patch just came out, but are there any incompatible mods so far that myself or anyone else should be on the look out for? I'm sure mods like Master Controller are going to have to be updated, if it hasn't been already, but if you know anymore, feel free to comment below! :sunglasses:

So why don't we share our thoughts about the newest patch here! I know others are doing this too but ah, it's always good to vent. I'm honestly really surprised they did so much, considering last month's patch was a little underwhelming, so this is great. I'm happy to see a lot of effort put into this patch! :smile:

"The softest echo could be enough for me to make it through."
    ♥♥♥
    sims-traits.jpg