Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December patch today?

Comments

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Omgosh?!

"The interface used when an NPC calls your Sim has had been updated".
    • "As well as… Sims may now call to offer condolences, or congratulate you on that new job or promotion".
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I have just found out the mod do not work after the patch update

They're disabled by default in the new patches now.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

this :)http://help.ea.com/en/article/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey folks, if you find your Mods don't work after patching, that is as intended. Please do take time time to read the relevant section in the Patch notes. Your Mods are still there, they have simply been disabled after the patch.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Can I update this time without removing my mods folder, or the mod disabling feature is only for the next patch (1.14) and beyond?
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

Yeah. But you'll have to check to make sure your mods work with the latest patch. Unfortunately mine aren't.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Hey folks, if you find your Mods don't work after patching, that is as intended. Please do take time time to read the relevant section in the Patch notes. Your Mods are still there, they have simply been disabled after the patch.

I like this. No need to try and fuss around taking out and putting back in my mods.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I took my mods anyway, but I'll probably forget again sometime.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Can I update this time without removing my mods folder, or the mod disabling feature is only for the next patch (1.14) and beyond?

hey @lexus20 the feature will work now but you will still need to remove any mods that are out of date http://help.ea.com/en/article/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    @lexus20 yes, that's the point with this update. Now your Mods are disabled on patching but they are all still there.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2015
    7xV1qdu.png
    qH7nD8r.png

Check out the new christmas dresses they look so good!!!

The male suit is just the Digital Deluxe suit but in other colors though :\ But kids also got new formal attire it's sooo cute!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Aww. I can't update my game because my home doesn't have any power. I hate winter storms... And it's not even snowing dangit!!
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I can't even play. I've been stuck on the loading screen after the menu for like 10+ minutes now :(
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

I can't even play. I've been stuck on the loading screen after the menu for like 10+ minutes now :(
    you're still stuck :( ok try this reset your sims 4 folder run a test game with just new files and see if that works

how to reset your sims 4 files, pull your my documents/electronic arts/sim 4 folder to the desktop and run a test game if this fixes the problem you can move back old files to the new but test for problems:

files to move back (but again test each move)
    saves - game save
    options.ini - game settings
    screenshots
    custom music
    mods folder - IMPORTANT: only return updated mods or mods deemed fine by modder to your game patch; outdated mods can corrupt save files and user feedback isnt enough proof that a mod isnt conflicting with new game coding
    tray folder - all your saved builds and sims
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    iam updatin iit was worth wating :)
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I hope you guys take the time to read the patch notes. LOL They are absolutely hilarious and great entertainment while the patch is downloading.

My favorite excerpt (but the whole thing was funny).
    Looking forward to spending the holiday season with your Sims? Good news! We’ve updated the free* Holiday Celebration Pack with new snowflake decals, a lighted tree, piles of presents, a tree centerpiece, and new formal outfits that are perfect for wearing to holiday parties.
    *Requires internet connection, The Sims 4 (sold separately) and all game updates to play.
    The Sims 4 - sold separately at participating sellers of things and stuffs.
    Sellers and cellars – homonyms
    Homonyms, hymns, and yeoman… not the same.
    Yeoman reminds me of yeti…
    We had a yeti in MySims™ Agents…
    Sold separately.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • WrwurWrwur Posts: 321 Member
    Yaaas! Sadly there's not invisible wedding cake fix :(.
    I am officially in love with the UI it's just so amazing!! The new ui camera animation thingy it's so freakin cool!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Wrwur wrote: »
    Yaaas! Sadly there's not invisible wedding cake fix :(.

I also hope this is fixed in the future :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I am officially in love with the UI it's just so amazing!! The new ui camera animation thingy it's so freakin cool!

can you take pix please!!!
  • WrwurWrwur Posts: 321 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    7xV1qdu.png
    qH7nD8r.png

Check out the new christmas dresses they look so good!!!

The male suit is just the Digital Deluxe suit but in other colors though :\ But kids also got new formal attire it's sooo cute!

I just saw these and wow, SO PRETTY!
  • maxsa13zmaxsa13z Posts: 21 Member
    Okay i've read the patch notes and I'm still confused about culling. Has the limit been increased??
  • starofrohan1starofrohan1 Posts: 344 Member
    :neutral: Great now my stuff is messed up!!!

The ONLY "mods" I have are pose packages for GALLERY only. And this morning BEFORE the patch everything looked just fine - in my catalog it showed ALL my creations with their poses in tact. NOW EVERY SINGLE CREATION in my catalog is messed up! Not only are the poses ALL wrong and messed up - the TAGS are not showing now?! I am just so mad I could scream. I have restarted, tried all my normal "tricks" and yes, I have read the EA/Maxis Mods post and followed the instructions - and nothing.

Not only that my games are all SUPER slow - like playing in molasses! I can't play it at all like this. Totally unplayable. AND I played this morning before the patch and it was fine. AS SOON as that patch uploaded my sims world came crashing down around me. So upset. *sobs*

tumblr_inline_mftwcsXIee1rn2oql.gif
    Follow me on Tumblr!
    Origin ID: starofrohan1

sigannouncement_zpsjkvq0qve.png