Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @Faoiltearna - Unfortunately, the 'Sale!' price does not combine with the DD price. You can have one OR the other :anguished:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    edited December 2015
    sad news the prices on all the eps I was going to get for christmas went up a LOT so now Ill only get 2 :( maybe 3 Im not sure but Im bummed I have a question if my boo buys me dragon valley with the disk do I get celtic lands or is that a buy gold from the store only thing? is celtic lands worth $15?

edit ok kinda excited but not totally my friend told me to try ebay and some of them are cheaper so I might be able to still get all 4 but I have a question one thing says The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion Pack (PC&Mac, 2012) Origin Download Region Free I'm not sure what region free means is it the expansion or something else it says its $5.99 free shipping and the seller has good reviews 99% positive
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    @despina53 Thanks. I was afraid that was what it was going to be. Hrm.
  • Options
    calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    sad news the prices on all the eps I was going to get for christmas went up a LOT so now Ill only get 2 :( maybe 3 Im not sure but Im bummed I have a question if my boo buys me dragon valley with the disk do I get celtic lands or is that a buy gold from the store only thing? is celtic lands worth $15?

edit ok kinda excited but not totally my friend told me to try ebay and some of them are cheaper so I might be able to still get all 4 but I have a question one thing says The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion Pack (PC&Mac, 2012) Origin Download Region Free I'm not sure what region free means is it the expansion or something else it says its $5.99 free shipping and the seller has good reviews 99% positive

@rionismyname I have the disk version of Dragon Valley and Celtic Lands is included. There is an insert with a redemption code in the box for it. The Duke of Bows, however, is not.

A warning on the Ebay option: if it is an "Origin Download" that means it is a redemption code for Origin and if it has already been used, it cannot be redeemed a second time. Region free just means it can be used anywhere. DVDs and programs have region codes that prohibit them from transferring in certain areas, so, for example, a game bought in Japan won't play on a computer in the US because it is from a different region (unless you have a regionless player, but that's another conversation).
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • Options
    KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    edited December 2015
    @Ktarian I'm having no troubles with Firefox (which is my default browser) - I can access both the DD spreadsheet and the Sims 3 store with no troubles at all. Like you, I have a loathing of IE.

I've tried all three browsers now, and even cleared browser caches, etc... so, I'm contacting EA.

Edit: Apparently, I had to change my password before I could log back in. Sigh. I hate changing my password so often.

@rionismyname I got the disk version of Dragon Valley for about $15 off of Amazon, and it came with Celtic Lands. I was disappointed though. It's only about 6 items. I got it for less than I could have gotten it from Origin, so I don't regret my purchase, but unless you really want those six items, it might not be worth it to you.
    Post edited by Ktarian on
  • Options
    MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    Yay! My last two items, Hibiscus Trio & World of Wonders, are coming up in the morning! Then I will officially own everything in the store I can possibly still get but the badges! Happy Dance will soon commence! Thank you for the years of this thread that have helped me get here!
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
  • Options
    AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    Does anyone know if The Origin version of Dragon Valley comes with Celtic Lands? I'm assuming not.
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Options
    AMofOz wrote: »
    Does anyone know if The Origin version of Dragon Valley comes with Celtic Lands? I'm assuming not.

It doesn't. But as I mentioned in my last post, it's 6 items. However, you can get DV with celtic lands on Amazon for less than you can get it from Origin. That's what I did.
  • Options
    calents wrote: »
    @rionismyname I have the disk version of Dragon Valley and Celtic Lands is included. There is an insert with a redemption code in the box for it. The Duke of Bows, however, is not.

A warning on the Ebay option: if it is an "Origin Download" that means it is a redemption code for Origin and if it has already been used, it cannot be redeemed a second time. Region free just means it can be used anywhere. DVDs and programs have region codes that prohibit them from transferring in certain areas, so, for example, a game bought in Japan won't play on a computer in the US because it is from a different region (unless you have a regionless player, but that's another conversation).

@calents and @Ktarian thank you both I have duke of bows and Im not worried about missing out on 6 items getting them (all 5) from ebay Ill have enough left over to chose even more eps lol wish me luck they are available at the low prices when she gets paid the 9th
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Ktarian wrote: »
    out of the 10 I would probably only use 3 the light the gate and the fence
    edited to add Ill live without lol
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    ok important question ok well maybe really not that important but it is to me so here goes is katy perry showtime the same as showtime but with katy perry things idk what one to get lol aaannnnddd guess what I can order them all tonight so all I am waiting for is a reply to this question :):):)
    edited to say sorry about double post was to excited to look at last post lol
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    ok important question ok well maybe really not that important but it is to me so here goes is katy perry showtime the same as showtime but with katy perry things idk what one to get lol aaannnnddd guess what I can order them all tonight so all I am waiting for is a reply to this question :):):)
    edited to say sorry about double post was to excited to look at last post lol

Having looked it up... the extra items that the Katy Perry Showtime is supposed to come with, are apparently linked to a code that was a limited time offer, and has now expired. It isn't the same as the Sweet Treats stuff pack. And not worth it, from what I've read. Lots of complaints on the Amazon page for it complaining that the code expired a long time ago.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Ktarian wrote: »
    Having looked it up... the extra items that the Katy Perry Showtime is supposed to come with, are apparently linked to a code that was a limited time offer, and has now expired. It isn't the same as the Sweet Treats stuff pack. And not worth it, from what I've read. Lots of complaints on the Amazon page for it complaining that the code expired a long time ago.

thanks annnnddd oooo so excite my order has been placed I'm going to check email now and I only ordered from people that had a rating 99% or higher so there shouldnt be any problems got 6 games all downloads except dragon valley oh and the total was less than $55 U.S.

ooo edit they have on ebay The Sims 3 Complete 19 Expansion Stuff Packs Origin Codes Region Free Bundle for $84 free shipping and the seller has 100% ratings
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @MolliesDollies congrats on owning the store
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited December 2015
    @MolliesDollies - Good to see you Mollie and congratulation on owning the store
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    Congratulations on owning the store @MolliesDollies! :)
    AMofOz wrote: »

@AMofOz, I had got Dragon Valley through Origin and it did come with Celtic Lands.
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    So when looking at a set that you don't have yet - and only one or two pieces of to get the CYS started - is it worth more to bring the price down by buying the PC (if it has one) or buying several small pieces? I'm looking at the Farm Fresh Set, and trying to figure out what to buy to bridge the 257-ish sim points I need to bring it to the 'should be free' for the green.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited December 2015
    @Faoiltearna - If you already own pieces of a set, any other items you buy reduces your CYS price by approximately 90% of the regular price of the item. Because the CYS is only being reduced by 90%, you should not buy for which you are paying 100%. To bring your price down by 257 sp, you need to purchase items with regular value of approximately 286 sp. (286 * 90% = 257.4) It is okay for another simmer who is gifting you, but it does not make sense for you to buy regular priced items to reduce your own CYS.

This post from a past DD rotation has more detailed information about CYS.

From the Sort by Part of Set tab of the DD spreadsheet, I found that the only item from Farm Fresh Set that is on the DD is deal 642 for the They Don't Build em' Like They Used To Fireplace. It is on sale for 69% off, for 34 sp. It's regular price is 109 sp. You pay 34 sp and your CYS is reduced by approximatley 98 sp, so you save 64 sp.

The only time it is worth paying full price is for the first item and it is best to purchase the least expensive item. The first item reduces the CYS by 10% of the whole set price less 10% of the item's cost.
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    That's awesome @rionismyname :smiley: I am so excited for you!!! I too received the code for Celtic Lands when I bought Dragon Valley off of Origin but that was last year.

Congratulations to @MolliesDollies on almost owning the store!!! I see the Hibiscus Trio has passed and we are just a few deals away from the WoW Carousel. Don't forget to post a pic of the MMAO machine telling you how impressed it is with you :smile:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    I managed to snag the Hibiscus Trio, and get the Man Cave Compilation for free! :smiley:
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Here are the current and upcoming deals for the next 24 hours. World of Wonder and Live, Laugh, Love come up at their best discount. If you are working toward the Haute Hacienda set the Talvera Tile Counter also comes up at its best discount at number 351. Happy Shopping!

Current Deal:

339 ) Man Cave Compilation / 1260 / 3000 / 58% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: It's Game Time; Level Up Collection; Championship Dreams
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 386, # 714, but less than # 336)

Upcoming Deals:

340 ) Runway Riot / 742 / 1400 / 47% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 123, # 517, but less than # 631)

341 ) Animal Friends Girl’s End Table / 22 / 45 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Critter Comforts; Critter Comforts & Forest Bedrooms; Kids! 2010
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

342 ) The Complete Castle by Castle Kits, Inc. / 259 / 693 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 969, but less than # 553)

343 ) World of Wonder Carousel Collection / 969 / 1900 / 49% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 578)

344 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Quaint Cottage Window / 56 / 89 / 37% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation; Quaint Cottage Collection

345 ) Live, Laugh, Love / 728 / 1953 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2013 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 784 but less than # 561)

346 ) Lollypop Lollygagger Chair / 37 / 42 / 12% / 2 hours
    Part of: Through the Spy Glass; Fortune's Folly Compilation

347 ) Futureshock Living / 726 / 1072 / 32% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 872, # 180 but less than # 562)

348 ) Cloud Dress / 23 / 50 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Wild Wears; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

349 ) Playground High Chair / 30 / 83 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

350 ) Palace of Versailles / 944 / 1342 / 30% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 213, # 650, but less than # 417 )

351 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Talavera Tile Counter / 19 / 50 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 858)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Got Man Cave for free. :)
  • Options
    MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    Yay! Its finished! Thanks only to this thread and the helpful people in it!
    23156754469_0bdb159c36_n.jpg
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top