Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    It seems like most of them read from a script and that script includes no useful information. lol

So you were able to get it? that's great :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I did try many times but no :/ its no longer available!

I own all of them on disk anyway apart from double delux
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• AslylAslyl Posts: 50 Member
    > @marcel21 said:
    > I did try many times but no :/ its no longer available!
    >
    > I own all of them on disk anyway apart from double delux

Sorry you've had such bad luck marcel :(
    marcel21 wrote: »

It's still available considering people are still getting it like Aslyl but I guess you just have bad luck. :/ Try again in a week or so?

• FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    Argh! I just found out about this, unearthed my Sims 2 Deluxe set, and haven't been able to get thru on the Live Chat at all. ::sigh:: It's literally been 4 hours for me to "be connected with advisor in about 15-20 minutes". I'll keep trying, but wow... not even a single response.
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Argh! I just found out about this, unearthed my Sims 2 Deluxe set, and haven't been able to get thru on the Live Chat at all. ::sigh:: It's literally been 4 hours for me to "be connected with advisor in about 15-20 minutes". I'll keep trying, but wow... not even a single response.

Your browser might not be updated. Try using a different browser.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member

It's still available considering people are still getting it like Aslyl but I guess you just have bad luck. :/ Try again in a week or so?

That's because it was a promotion that ended in 2014. Some people are still getting it, likely because they are tired of constantly being asked and just say yes sometimes. Lol. They should just put the code out again so people can get it themselves, obviously there is still a demand. Heck, they could charge for it and do well.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • KahZKahZ Posts: 48 Member
    I hope they put the code out again because I got the news too late to pick my copy. It frustrates me.
  • hedgekat1hedgekat1 Posts: 169 Member
    I haven't been able to play my TS2 game for over a year. I replaced some of my computer hardware, including motherboard and when I was ready to install my game, it wouldn't. Got error message that there was a corrupted file on disc 1. So I've played TS3 and TS4 since then, but really missing TS2. Found this thread today and decided to give it a try. Did the live chat. Advisor wanted picture as many of you have mentioned, but when I told him I didn't have the equipment to do that he said no worry. Asked for product code which I gave and a couple of security questions. Sent me an email with security code, I switched tabs to get the code and when I switched back the connection was dropped. Next time I tried the phone. Got a tech adviser. He couldn't find any info on TS2 on Origin. His manager told him what to do and now I have TS2UC. They were all so nice. Oh, and the first one I talked to on live chat was definitely foreign, going by his name but he still knew the procedure. Thanks to the OP and to all those who have kept this thread alive. I get to play my game again. (doing happy dance)
    I never stopped playing Sims 2, I've always alternated with Sims 3 depending on my mood. But it seems like, here in the forums anyway, there's been a resurgence in it's popularity.
    lisamwitt wrote: »

That's because it was a promotion that ended in 2014. Some people are still getting it, likely because they are tired of constantly being asked and just say yes sometimes. Lol. They should just put the code out again so people can get it themselves, obviously there is still a demand. Heck, they could charge for it and do well.
    Yes that's actually in my first post. At least people can still contact EA and get it that way which is why I created this thread. :)

What I meant by "still available" is simply people are still getting it through live chat or by phone.
  • Ashdy4Ashdy4 Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone had a problem with a rep asking you to send an attachment and then they don't reply? it's been two days.
  • Darth_TyressDarth_Tyress Posts: 9 New Member
    I just got this last night!!
    Was only looking to get my missing xpac (I still had the code to prove I actually bought it) but instead the rep offered me the Ultimate Collection. I had to provide 3 of my game codes as proof, and well as answer a few simple security questions about my Origins account. I am blown away; this was one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had. And honestly THANK YOU for letting me know about this amazing thing!! I cannot WAIT to get back this!!!!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2015

I don't believe in luck :)

I tried like over 30 times in the last 8 months!

The people I spoke to were always very friendly and understanding. But each time the same thing,

It's no longer supported or available through origin :/

I even had a few to suggest that maybe some people are pulling my leg about it still being available :o

They have each told me it makes no sense to them it still being given out because it's no longer supported are available!

My base game with night life and the party stuff pack is the only one on their in the sims 2 for me as all the rest are on disk and the full sims 2 store content saved in a private file on my external
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• actuallyitsjessicaactuallyitsjessica Posts: 136 Member
    edited December 2015
    I tend to not believe most of what the reps say, going by what player's experiences with them have been. I got UC from a foreign! :smile: rep, in August. I actually typed out my question beforehand so I wouldn't stumble all over myself when I finally got through because I was so nervous and afraid I wouldn't get it. Yep, I copyied and pasted. His immediate response was that I shouldn't worry, he's going to help me. I still can't believe how smooth it went. He asked for nothing, only asked whether I've played Sims before, while he waited for his supervisor. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like they are supposed to give it, but are not supposed to always make it easy. It is free, after all, and ongoing, because players are still getting it. But it does make it seem impossible if all a player hears is no.

When the Sims 2 site existed, we could register our games there, and in the event the disc got damaged, there was something about EA replacing it. I had no internet at home then and didn't even know how they would replace it, lol, but I registered it. And here, 5 years later, on the same account, they gave me everything. At least I've had one good experience with EA this year.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited December 2015

The people I spoke to were always very friendly and understanding. But each time the same thing,

I even had a few to suggest that maybe some people are pulling my leg about it still being available :o

They have each told me it makes no sense to them it still being given out because it's no longer supported are available!

My base game with night life and the party stuff pack is the only one on their in the sims 2 for me as all the rest are on disk and the full sims 2 store content saved in a private file on my external

@marcel21

I am just now downloading the Ultimate collection. My method was as follows:

I explained to the first rep on my initial contact a couple of days ago that I had purchased the base game years ago but in a move it had gone missing but I would still like to own the ultimate series of Sims 2 as surley the amount of money I had spent on all things Sims to date would entitle me to the series as I had not realized there was a past promotion for it at the time. He went away for a while to speak to a team leader or similar and came back and said no game code no UC-)

I grovelled some more about the unfairness of it all and he went away again to speak to someone and when he came back again said if you re-purchase a brand new unsealed Sims 2 base game with a none used code I will provide you with the whole collection.

I kept a copy of this chat just in case I came up against any future problem when my physical copy had been delivered and went straightaway to order a new base game disc and then waited until it was delivered which it was today.

I went back onto EA chat not more than 20 mins ago, got another rep (not the original one I had spoken to) explained the situation and asked them to look back at the prior notes concerning this situation from the initial rep assuring him nicely I had kept a copy of the original chat and agreement where I had been promised UC when I completed the relevant actions. I was simply asked for my code without any fuss and the UC collection was placed into my Origin account straightaway and downloading as I type.

I have even read on some forums how players have been given the whole collection without any proof at all of any Sims 2 past ownership and simply asked for it and received it without a problem but I cannot understand why you or anyone else has not been able to get a copy when they have their old discs and codes etc.

I know some players have been asked to prove they own the discs by taking photos and forwarding them to CS so have you offered to do this?

To say its no longer available simply is not true or how would I an others like me still be able to receive this series..

If you went back onto chat right now and explain to them how I am currently downloading the series having been given it less than 30 minutes ago they cannot say its not available can they???

I just don't understand whats going on with such differing responses by EA, and to be honest I did not realize players were still being able to get this series from EA until Aslyl answered one of my Threads asking other players if they thought Sims 2 was still worth buying which was less than a week ago never mind 8 months.....

No one can say its players imaginations to have receive this series after the initial promotion as despite being rubbish with MSPaint I have manged to take a screenshot of sorts of my Origin games and you can see the Sims 2 game to the right of the screen with the pink new label description and that my game is downloading right now. I don't think this is my imagination LOL

xrygIge.png

I cannot wait to start playing this series as I never had any time to play anything when Sims 2 first came out....

I truly hope anyone who still wants this series manages to find a way to receive it from EA..
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Hi there, I might want to share some bad news if you're interested in The Sims Stories. They have been re-released but only on Mac. I made a thread about this.

Further more, I don't think contacting EA to get a download copy doesn't work so you'll have to resort to DVD versions. This is sad news for Windows users interested in The Sims Stories.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • pip0905pip0905 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just to let everyone know here, this is still available! I just spoke to a rep on live chat, all I needed was to send him a code- no issues whatsoever!
    @pip0905

I am very pleased it worked for you, as I had not played sims 2 much and it was years ago I was really worried about downloading UC as I thought I might experience loads of problems on a new PC system but soon as it downloaded yesterday I went into the game and everything was fine even the graphics look great, I love it I was up until 5am just playing and getting used to it, I was quite mesmerized by all the little animations, the way they laugh, they way they actually put food out on the table, and the unexpected things they do when your not looking. I already know I am going to love learning all about this game <3

It is definitely supported, or those of us who have UC wouldn't be able to play it. Lol. They just need to put the game out there again, but apparently they are (willfully?) unaware of the demand for it.
  • Darth_TyressDarth_Tyress Posts: 9 New Member
    > @actuallyitsjessica said:
    I got UC from a foreign! :smile: rep
    Yes, that's who gave me mine. I didn't even have to ASK for it, he suggested giving it to me. I don't understand why they wouldn't just hand it out...I hope it's not lazy customer service reps :( But someone who's tried 30 times? What is that?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited December 2015
    @marcel21 wrote: »

Tell them you're having a problem installing it... that some of them won't install and you don't know what to do... ask for higher help to get it to work because you do have the codes and the disks are still good....

Sorry you're having such a hard time. :(
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited December 2015
    lisamwitt wrote: »

It is definitely supported, or those of us who have UC wouldn't be able to play it. Lol. They just need to put the game out there again, but apparently they are (willfully?) unaware of the demand for it.

I believe EA still does. I contacted EA support to fix a problem with my TS2 UC not running saying the activation limit was reached. I got a new code for the game and was able to run it.

Having Sims 2 or Stories available on Origin would be nice since Mac has them on sale but not PC.

I also wonder if the Mansion and Garden De-authorization tool works with The Sims 2 UC since it's based on Fun with Pets which is based on Mansion and Garden.
    Post edited by WinMacSims3 on
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • deefashngamer8deefashngamer8 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited December 2015
    Am I the only person who never had issue on the phone. I just got The sims 2 ultimate collection today during a phone call to the support because live chat was no bueno. A man name Ronnie helped me out on the phone. I just bought my sims 2 base game on ebay for less than 20 bucks plus tax a week ago and received it today. I have the Special DVD edition. I gave the code but he told me that it wasn't used yet so he said go to origin client, which is the desktop app. So then I typed the code that was on my CD case and it was not able to be redeem, I told him that and he said, lemme send you the redeem code. So a second later he did and I tried the code he sent me and it worked! I checked the 'My Games' section and it was there!!! YAY!!!!! I HAVE THE SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION!!! ^_^ <3

EDIT: I'm on windows btw ;)
    Am I the only person who never had issue on the phone. I just got The sims 2 ultimate collection today during a phone call to the support because live chat was no bueno. A man name Ronnie helped me out on the phone. I just bought my sims 2 base game on ebay for less than 20 bucks plus tax a week ago and received it today. I have the Special DVD edition. I gave the code but he told me that it wasn't used yet so he said go to origin client, which is the desktop app. So then I typed the code that was on my CD case and it was not able to be redeem, I told him that and he said, lemme send you the redeem code. So a second later he did and I tried the code he sent me and it worked! I checked the 'My Games' section and it was there!!! YAY!!!!! I HAVE THE SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION!!! ^_^

I am really pleased for you, I have had mine a few days now and am love playing it but its very different to playing Sims 3 and I have had some problems getting my head around it but I really like it.. :)