March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December patch today?

Comments

• The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Get Together releases at midnight right? Surely if the patch is releasing after the pack there will be some problems with people playing before the patch comes out? The patch adds 64 bit and the new groups feature :/
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Get Together releases at midnight right? Surely if the patch is releasing after the pack there will be some problems with people playing before the patch comes out? The patch adds 64 bit and the new groups feature :/

The first release is actually 9pm, so maybe that morning?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Awh, well .. no idea what i'm going to do now, I was so ready to explore this patch tonight :D

I will just come home after work and carry on moving sims and building things. lol, I can't let a (non) patch stop me from playing!
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Hopefully it comes the day before GT comes out.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Hey folks, long time no speak. How is everyone? I've missed you all :)

Back on topic, no patch today. We are getting everything ready for launch next week for The Sims 4 Get Together. Lots of caffeine!!!!
    Whaaaaaaat?! Awww, that bites. Oh, well. Can't be helped.

So, when will the patch come?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    20 more minutes but I'm not patching until sometime tonight. Have to get my new RAM delivered first so that will be sometime between 6 and 10. Anxious to read patch notes though

As someone that just got some new RAM, it'll be worth it overall. How much you gonna be running?

Just 8Gb. One of my sticks went bad recently leaving me with just 4gb. So now I have to buy a fresh set
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    So the patch is releasing Tuesday ok.

No, Get Together itself came before Tuesday.

In fact I'd say Friday evening is the latest they would release the patch (unless they work over the weekend or delay the game).
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Actually if you look at the timeline, Nando asked: @SimGuruNinja Ahh okay. Thats the group feature that comes with the free update right? and that was when SimGuruNinja said Yup. He never answered the thursday question
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

No, Get Together itself came before Tuesday.

In fact I'd say Friday evening is the latest they would release the patch (unless they work over the weekend or delay the game).

I hope they don't delay it any further. One delay was fine but another one so close to release is bad.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Can't blame Maxis for getting excited about the Patch possibly coming out today when it wasn't even confirmed, I think I need to read into stuff more xD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Surely if the patch is releasing after the pack there will be some problems with people playing before the patch comes out?

They can't do that. The patch will contain many changes to the base game that are necessary for Get Together to work.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited December 2015
    I was so excited. Honestly! I don't get excited over most things about TS4, so I was really looking forward to this today. :disappointed:
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Slight downer but hey, at least I can play my game tonight without worrying if a mod will conflict. Don't get dazed on the coffee, SimGurus
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited December 2015
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    These RAM chips help the processor run commands and scripts.
    22668402434_32c10fd6cf_o.gif

The best way to put it is to image the processor is a huge train terminal like Central Station in New York, now picture the Ram chips as Train Depots that have trains going around the city picking up riders, and bringing them back.

Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    crinrict wrote: »

Actually if you look at the timeline, Nando asked: @SimGuruNinja Ahh okay. Thats the group feature that comes with the free update right? and that was when SimGuruNinja said Yup. He never answered the thursday question

Yep. Understood. I hadn't seen the whole conversation, but it was said in the forum that it was confirmation of the patch.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited December 2015
    crinrict wrote: »

Yep. Understood. I hadn't seen the whole conversation, but it was said in the forum that it was confirmation of the patch.

I know I saw that but I think that who ever posted that also posted underneath the picture that they were mistaken as an edit :)

I didn't see that someone else has already pointed it out a page ago. :)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    edited December 2015

Assuming it's a midnight release (which it should be), the patch would have to be released by Monday because Get Together won't work without it. @SimGuruBChick said "getting everything ready for launch next week" that doesn't mean that it will all be on Tuesday, Monday is also a part of next week.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Maybe they noticed last minute bugs. I think they expected to release the patch today. Glad they're testing stuff properly.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Heartbroken. :sob::sob:
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    They probably had to change some nudity coding to prevent nudists from hanging out at playgrounds! lol I am hopeful it's just delayed until tomorrow. They didn't specify anything other than it won't be today right? Best case scenario tomorrow, worst case Monday?
    I love counting down it was fun we should stage a countdown every day until get together comes out, sometimes your like what happens at 0 and other times you won't.

• Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Heartbroken. :sob::sob:

Me too
    anigif_enhanced-27026-1403743448-18.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So they still are not ready even with the month delay... interesting.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    I think @SimGuruBChick, gave us a hint, when she said they are getting things ready for release day next week, they are probably, polishing up the final tweaks querks and sneers, Thursday, Friday, and patch day will either be Friday before they go home, or Monday at 10:00AMPST

• ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    I'd rather they take the time to do it right; however delaying the patch release to be on top of the new exp could possibly (almost assuredly?) cause once again the kind of chaos with the modders that we all went through in January. That was a real mess and we even lost some very good cc artists over that :'( So - I'm not looking forward to next week.
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.