Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December patch today?

Comments

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Why I am very interested in this patch because it makes changes/upgrades on different levels:

- Visually: by coloring the maps
    - Technically: by adding 64 bit support
    - Gameplay Changes: Adding the group option

And there is a big probability that we are getting the musical chairs fix and some tuning to the culling mechanics.

Theoretically this must be the best patch we are getting. Lets wait and see how practically it will be. I am very excited for this.

Did they say we'd be getting some CAS Parts too?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Origin is always screwing up. When I had Origin, it'd update every time I opened it.

That was a Bug that was easily fixed by uninstalling and re-installing Origin.
    Nope. That didn't work for me. Tried that twice and it still happened.

Oh, sorry to hear that, you could try contacting Origin if it's still occurring.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    crinrict wrote: »
    Don't forget to clear out your mods folder before installing the update. I don't know about others but I end up with some sort of problem when I forget to do that. (c:

Not necessary anymore since the auto-disable mod function will do that for you :)

Just make sure you're mods are compatible before turning mods back on.

Do you know if the clubs are getting theme nights with the patch?

I heard the Patch is going to come with some Themed Nights, I think only basic ones though, I'm guessing Ladies and Guys Nights.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Today I woke up feeling so good. It's a grey cold day, which are my favorite, and nobody at home is awake for some reason even though It's 7:30. I'm listening to Marina and the Diamonds. I feel the day will be great! Can't wait for the patch!
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Please some one say it is TODAY!

I am totally in for the group add on. I want to see how the 64 bit would make a difference and I want the colored maps.
    Lots of goodies to wait for.
    You know, you're very different from my first impression of you.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain it's today. I think patches are released around noon, but I'm not certain.

:)what impression did you have?
    Can't wait for this update. I just hope it wont have any serious bugs.

A word of advice to everyone. Back up your games before updating. This update is changing a lot of things.
    Many months ago. During the earlier part of the year (Jan - Apr). You came off as snobbish to me is all.

Was I? Happens specially when writing words does not translate the emotions well. When you say something is completely different than when you write it. I mean the way you say it makes the other person receives the message much better and more precisely. But I assure you I am not snobbish :)
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Don't forget to clear out your mods folder before installing the update. I don't know about others but I end up with some sort of problem when I forget to do that. (c:

Not necessary anymore since the auto-disable mod function will do that for you :)

Do you know if the clubs are getting theme nights with the patch?

I heard the Patch is going to come with some Themed Nights, I think only basic ones though, I'm guessing Ladies and Guys Nights.

If this is true, which would be super cool, I'd guess bear night would come too, since it's from outdoor retreat!
  • Options
    FrimlinFrimlin Posts: 283 Member
    edited December 2015
    Even though the real fun begins with GT, I'm still excited by this patch and looking forward to what it fixes and improves.

I can smell patch in the air today! :)

Check out my mod! Also... my YouTube channel.
    I'm on Twitter!! Don't be shy, say Hi!
    E9fDd6Q.png
  • Options
    I'm actually seeing my game become somewhat sluggish with only 1.6GB of CC and mods. (i7 4790k•8GB•GTX 980) Hurrah for 64-bit on it's way. B)

My game becomes sluggish at times. I just delete my cache and it runs fine again. Someone said that it shouldn't do anything but I know in my case it works.

Again whenever you feel there is sluggishness first thing to do is to check the task manager and see if there is anything else causing it. Many times it turns out not to be the game but something else that is using the CPU.

If you posted this in this thread I didn't see it. I was referring to what I was told a while ago. When I asked what else could be done I didn't get an answer so I just kept doing what worked. It was very busy thread so my question could have been overlooked. (c: I will try that next time. Having everything become golden again is annoying.

It is always good to see all the options available. Deleting cache helps the game to run smoother.
    Once my game felt laggy, when looked into the task manager windows update was consuming all the CPU. There was this windows update that failed and I guess it made windows update use the CPU without stop. I quit the game, updated, restarted and all went well. That problem was not from the game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Why I am very interested in this patch because it makes changes/upgrades on different levels:

- Visually: by coloring the maps
    - Technically: by adding 64 bit support
    - Gameplay Changes: Adding the group option

And there is a big probability that we are getting the musical chairs fix and some tuning to the culling mechanics.

Theoretically this must be the best patch we are getting. Lets wait and see how practically it will be. I am very excited for this.

Did they say we'd be getting some CAS Parts too?

I have not heard/read that. I don't think so.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I'm actually seeing my game become somewhat sluggish with only 1.6GB of CC and mods. (i7 4790k•8GB•GTX 980) Hurrah for 64-bit on it's way. B)

My game becomes sluggish at times. I just delete my cache and it runs fine again. Someone said that it shouldn't do anything but I know in my case it works.

Again whenever you feel there is sluggishness first thing to do is to check the task manager and see if there is anything else causing it. Many times it turns out not to be the game but something else that is using the CPU.

If you posted this in this thread I didn't see it. I was referring to what I was told a while ago. When I asked what else could be done I didn't get an answer so I just kept doing what worked. It was very busy thread so my question could have been overlooked. (c: I will try that next time. Having everything become golden again is annoying.

It is always good to see all the options available. Deleting cache helps the game to run smoother.
    Once my game felt laggy, when looked into the task manager windows update was consuming all the CPU. There was this windows update that failed and I guess it made windows update use the CPU without stop. I quit the game, updated, restarted and all went well. That problem was not from the game.

Windows updates would crash TS3 each and every time on my desktop but I but I bought it to hold TS2 and after all of the ep as SP along with my obsession for CC it was working hard. My laptop no problem I bought it with the idea to hold all the Sims games, ep, sp and gp. Not to mention CC. LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Frimlin wrote: »

Sorry, that was me :#
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    jonilla1 wrote: »

:D We so need the lol button back...
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Is anyone's Origin a smaller resolution after the update? I'm playing on a 1080p screen but now Origin looks huge like it should be on a smaller screen resolution. I tried uninstalling and it didn't help. I think the latest update kinda messed it up. Ugh.

Mine is

Thanks for replying. I thought it was only me.
    Mine kept updating every time I opened it. Someone told me check and see if I had it set to automatically keep Origin updated and if so to uncheck. I did and it worked.

Haha, that's what I did as well after I got so fed up with it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    jonilla1 wrote: »

:D We so need the lol button back...

And the agree button back!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member

So will I actually be safe in downloading today's Patch with Mods installed or should I take a precaution and remove my Mods Folder just in case it only auto-disables for all future Patches? Will there be an option or something? Sorry, just not 100% sure how it's gonna work.

Remove your mods for todays patch.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Today I woke up feeling so good. It's a grey cold day, which are my favorite, and nobody at home is awake for some reason even though It's 7:30. I'm listening to Marina and the Diamonds. I feel the day will be great! Can't wait for the patch!

I love Marina. Can't wait for the patch too!
  • Options

So will I actually be safe in downloading today's Patch with Mods installed or should I take a precaution and remove my Mods Folder just in case it only auto-disables for all future Patches? Will there be an option or something? Sorry, just not 100% sure how it's gonna work.

Remove your mods for todays patch.

I always do to be on the safe side.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    So, does anyone know what time the Patch will come? Thinking of either staying up for it or going to sleep xD
  • Options
    I'm actually pretty darn excited for this patch. I can only recall getting excited for pools, ghosts and Newcrest! Though this one tops the cake of all patches for me!!!! So much I have a really have a hard time sleeping! Well that as soon I get to sleep one of our cats decides it's marathon time, which gets the dog all excited!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    AnigothicAnigothic Posts: 7 New Member
    I really hope they can fix the micro stuttering problem in the game, otherwise i'll need to wait till sims 5 :(
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    So, does anyone know what time the Patch will come? Thinking of either staying up for it or going to sleep xD

About 4 more hours, you may want to sleep.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want to try out the new greetings especially. Weren't they going to introduce some basic grouping in this patch too?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    IF IF IF the patch is today then it will be about 6pm UK time
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I want to try out the new greetings especially. Weren't they going to introduce some basic grouping in this patch too?

I think I missed the info on new greetings. What is that all about?
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

I think I missed the info on new greetings. What is that all about?

Sims are supposed to greet differently based on their relationship. Like parent/child hug, couple kiss on cheek - from what I recall.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT