March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3 by Mastress Alita Discussion and Update Thread

mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
Welcome to the official forum thread for Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3, a collection of tales using worlds, characters, and situations from Sims 3.

Currently Sim Stories features one ongoing story, The Cat Chronicles, as well as any Short Stories I might write for the Monthly Simlits Short Stories Challenges thread or other events.

cat_ban_s.jpg

The Cat Chronicles follows the adventures of Shadow, as he struggles to catch birds, gets in fights with canines, searches for new comfy places, trains his wrinkly two-legger Rose in proper kitty-owner etiquette, and does all manner of other activities considered “cute” and “feline.” A simple slice-of-life series told from the viewpoint of a cat, it is recommended to cat-lovers or anyone that likes a “dessert read”; sweet, but not particularly filling.

Day 1: A New Home
Day 2: Kitten Temptations
Day 3: Twilight Hour Visitor
Day 4: New Aquaintance
Day 5: Canines
Day 6: Kitty Maintenance
Day 7: Destructive Impulses
Day 8: Cat Burglar
Day 9: Whacked Out
Day 10: Noisy Two-leggers
Day 11: A Day at the Garden
Day 12: Big Cat
Day 13: Fire Monsters
Day 14: Hunting Practice
Day 15: Dish-eaters and Dogs
Day 16: A New Sleeping Place
Day 17: Needy Cat
Day 18: Amusements
Day 19: Kitty Gifts
Day 20: Shedding and Begging
Day 21: Problems
Day 22: Cat Heaven
Day 23: An Evening at the Fair
Day 24: Kitty Kisses
Day 25: Feeling Frisky
Day 26: Expecting!
Day 27: Kittens!
Day 28: Trick or Treat
Day 29: Feed Me!
Day 30: Family Visit
Day 31: House Tour
Side Story: The Stray
Day 32: Frustration
Side Story: Remembering Earl
Day 33: The Other Two-Legger
Day 34: Tresspasser
Day 35: A Fine Day for a Date
Day 36: Persistence
Side Story: Edgar Evans Award
Day 37: Best in Show
Day 38: Hunting Lessons
Side Story: Memories
Day 39: Feline Philanthropy
Day 40: The Art of Being Tiny
Day 41: In the Enemy's Den
Day 42: The Importance of Proper Grooming
Side Story: Senna's Story
Day 43: Aspiration Achieved!
Day 44: Kitty Charms
Day 45: Comfy Places
Day 46: A Mid-Winter Tragedy
Day 47: The Wrinkly One
Day 48: Holiday Visit
Day 49: Before the Wrinkly One
Day 50: Growing Up
Day 51: New Homes
Day 52: Feline Collectors
Day 53: Broken
Day 54: Snowflake Eve

sstory_ban_s.jpg

Every month, the Short Stories Challenges thread posts a new short story challenge: to write a story, typically of 500-1500 words using 1-12 images, with a particular theme that changes every month. Though these Short Stories are written to fill the challenge themes each month, they may have crossover ties with my other works. I also write short stories for other special events, as well!

The Stray - Shadow from The Cat Chronicles tells his kittens a bedtime story about a kitten that dreams of being a witch’s cat. Written for the October 2015 Short Stories Challenges theme “Two themes are scarier than one: Scary stories/Halloween-inspired.”

Lost in Space - Madigan Finnegan from The Yandere Diaries sends a transmission out into space after the disappearance of her siblings leads her to believe that alien abduction might be the culprit. Written for the November 2015 Short Story Challenges theme "Lost."

Remembering Earl – Rose Hatcher from The Cat Chronicles remembers the life she spent with her late husband, Earl. Written for the Purple Day Sims event.

Resolutions Resolved – A teen learns about body image during the holiday season from a rather unexpected place, and realizes the best New Years Resolutions are the ones that come from the heart. Written for the December 2015 Short Story Challenges theme "'Tis the season for…"

The Final Final Countdown – A middle-aged geek, obsessed with a past memory, is intent on adding a certain item to his collection. Written for the January 2016 Short Story Challenges theme "The Countdown."

For the Love of Furbabies - Bridgette Lee fondly remembers growing up with her cat Tabby, and the love between owner and pet as she is faced with a difficult decision. Written for the February 2016 Short Story Challenges theme "A Different Kind of Love."

The Writer's Lament - My Simself reveals her typical writing experience. Written for the March 2016 Short Story Challenges theme "I knew I had to find it before..."

Seven Seconds 'Til the Rise - A man has mere seconds to reflect on the events that led to the end of his life. Written for the April 2016 Short Story Challenges theme "Choose Your Screencaps."

Blogaversary: Year One – Join me and my friends for a Q&A session and celebration for my one year anniversary of Sim Stories!

Growing Pains - A transgender man reminisces on his struggle through puberty growing up with gender dysphoria. Written for the May 2016 Short Story Challenges theme "Growth."

Bibliotaph - A traveling bard stumbles upon a secluded library, and meets its most peculiar inhabitant. Written for the June 2016 Short Story Challenges theme "Balderdash."

Sims Pride 2016! - Join me as I host my first Sims Pride event, featuring photo submissions of the many diverse Simmers and Sims in our lovely community!

Edgar Evans Award - Rose Hatcher from The Cat Chronicles receives the Edgar Evans Award. Written for the July 2016 Short Story Challenges theme "I Open with the Close."

The Summer I Fell in Love - Nathan Zimmerman discovered a life-long love during a summer vacation at his grandmother's house. Written for the August 2016 Short Story Challenges theme "Summer Love."

Mastress Alita and the Tomb of the Lost Tomes - My Simself embarks on a quest library books long overdue. Written for the September 2016 Short Story Challenges theme "Late."

Play Your Ace - A teenage girl struggles with discovering her asexual orientation during a visit to a haunted house. Written for the October 2016 Short Story Challenges theme "So Spooky" and Asexuality Awareness Week 2016.

Morning Reflections - An introspection about how much the Short Story Challenges has meant to me over the last year as a thank you to Carewren123, who has been hostess of this thread from August 2015 through October 2016. You've been awesome, Carewren!

The Thanksgiving Weekend Rescue Mission - Mastress Alita gets a little too invested in a new computer game. Written for the November 2016 Monthly Simlits Short Story Challenges theme "One Hundred."

Memories - A compilation of images from The Cat Chronicles set to the lyrics "Memories" by Within Temptation. Written for the Purple Day Sims event.

Feline Philanthropy - Shadow from The Cat Chronicles teaches his kittens about the various ways to show appreciation to your two-legger. Written for the December 2016 Monthly Simlits Short Story Challenges theme "Gift."

Senna's Story - Senna from The Cat Chronicles starts over after the death of her father with the adoption of a very unique-looking kitten. Written for the January 2017 Monthly Simlits Short Story Challenges theme “Anew.”

Winter’s Touch – A boy faces the dangers of winter during a terrible blizzard. Written for the February 2017 Monthly Simlits Short Story Challenges theme “A Picture’s Worth a Thousand Words.” This theme required creating a story using an emotion or idea tied to one of the following colors: red, white, pink, or purple.

Before the Wrinkly One - Shadow from The Cat Chronicles recalls his past before he came into Rose's home. Written for the March 2017 Monthly Simlits Short Story Challenges theme "A Tall Tale."

Blogaversary: Year Two - Join me and my friends for a Q&A session and celebration for my two year anniversary of Sim Stories!

Yandere Days - A high school student witnesses something he shouldn't, and appears to be the next victim of a murderous classmate... Written for the April 2017 Monthly Simlits Short Story Challenges theme "Expect the Unexpected."

Sims Pride 2017! - Join me as I host my second Sims Pride event, featuring photo submissions of the many diverse Simmers and Sims in our lovely community!

Goodbyes - Sometimes, the weight of a single word is just too much. Written for the June 2017 Monthly Simlits Short Story Challenges theme "A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words."

I'm Sorry - A tragic love triangle is told through the lyrics of the song "I'm Sorry" by Roxette. Written for the May 2017 Monthly Simlits Short Story Challenges theme "I'm Sorry."

The Face of Captivity - Sometimes, love turns into obsession, ensnaring and forming a prison around those we love the most... A companion piece for the May short story "I'm Sorry." Written for the July 2017 Monthly Simlits Short Story Challenges theme "The Face of."
sali_adbanner3.jpg
Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
Post edited by mastressalita on

Comments