Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#PurpleDaySims - Dec. 1

Comments

• SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Here's a post about Purple Day! Purple Day: A Remembrance into Sims Past.

*remembers to share it here*
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Like Summerfalls - almost forgot! Here's my purple day post!

Grimm Shots!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited December 2015
    So, I wrote a short story for the Purple Day Sims event. It is somewhat of a side-story to my Cat Chronicles series, only (gasp!) it is actually from the perspective of the main character's wrinkly two-legger owner, Rose (the first thing to be written from the perspective of one of the humans in that series, actually).

Remembering Earl

I kind of did a write-up about this story over on my story thread, which can be viewed here.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Yay! Thanks so much, guys! I'll add links to these from the Purple Day website soon. So awesome you wrote them. Thank you!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited December 2015
    Okay I have another thing to show off for Memoirs. Most of you know that as apart of the points in the legacy challenge a sim is to be Memorialized so I started a family crypt similiar to what I have in Rebuild Willow Creek. I am really into these photo collage things.

103ajh3.png
    edited December 2015
    This moment really got to me in The Cat Chronicles... in a daaaaw, that's so sweet, but yet still melancholy sort of way.
    cat009-23.jpg

sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Thanks for an awesome Purple Day, everyone! I'll be continuing to update the Purple Day website all week, so please keep checking! And if I accidentally miss one of your posts, let me know! (Juggling a lot at the moment.)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    Hey! I just found this thread. I already shared my Purple Day story in the Lounge yesterday, but CitizenErased14 told me I can post it here as well.
    So here it is :)

Purple Day: Last Love Song
    @CharmingMaruska - I love your post. It was so touching. :) I've added it to the Purple Day website.

This moment really got to me in The Cat Chronicles... in a daaaaw, that's so sweet, but yet still melancholy sort of way.
    cat009-23.jpg

This was so beautiful! I've added it to the Purple Day website.

• PinkslinkyPinkslinky Posts: 306 Member
    I did not think that time would pass and I would come to this juncture. But--- here I am. Caught up to with the full legacy of Goofy Love and awaiting the end and the beginning. Thanks for sharing your lives with me Bough family. I sure wish I could know what gen 10 will unleash upon the Sim world.
    Pinkslinky wrote: »
    I did not think that time would pass and I would come to this juncture. But--- here I am. Caught up to with the full legacy of Goofy Love and awaiting the end and the beginning. Thanks for sharing your lives with me Bough family. I sure wish I could know what gen 10 will unleash upon the Sim world.

Oh, yay, Slinky! Thank you for reading the whole thing! Well, gen 10 will be continuing in a new neighborhood rotation called, "New World Symphony," which will be starting just as soon as we finish up the celebration party! Maybe this weekend?

Thanks so much for reading! :)<3

• chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    I'm lagging behind. As always :# I thought #PurpleDaySims is only on Twitter and wordpress.com :|

Anyway, I love the stories and the screenshots shared here <3

And... It's too late, but it won't hurt :p So, I decided to share a part of my story here.
    The Girl Who Forced The Reaper To His Knees
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14246108/#Comment_14246108
    l13yil4okxyr.png
    So I feel like zombifying this thread eight months before the next Purple Day since my feels are going from a few of the stories I keep up on. I'll use spoiler tags however, since, well, we are dealing with Sim death here...

I'd like to give a shoutout to...

Mason and Charlotte from @Rorygilmore34 's I'm a Lover Challenge, who have both recently passed away. These two loved each other so much they could hardly keep the clothes on in public during one of their dates -- the passion was always there! -- and they had two beautiful daughters, Penelope and Abbie. Penelope was very close to her mom while Abbie was a real daddy's girl, so their parents' shining influence will surely be missed. It's going to be so hard for these two teen girls to go on without their parents but they have each other, and after this mournful period, I am certain they will grow up to become beautiful young women that Mason and Charlotte will be eternally proud of.

Arturo and Ch4na from @ra3rei 's Huffman Legacy, who have both recently passed. Arturo was such an endearing character, and there were just so many little facets about him that I found myself able to connect with... I'll really miss him. His relationship with Ch4na was so adorable, I loved all the ways those two found to show the other how much they cared for the other, you could see how much they loved each other throughout their lives. They both looked so happy and content as elders! They have a son, Sam, and a daughter, Izzy, and I'm sure they will go onto great things having been raised by such wonderful parents.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    @mastressalita Thanks so much for posting these tributes. When I get a few spare seconds, I'll pop over to Purple Day and add the tributes there.... If you'd like I could send you an invite to become a contributing author to the Purple Day site, and then you could post tributes as often as you wanted! (I like that idea, but if it doesn't fit with your already busy schedule, then I'd be happy to post your tributes for you... I'd really love more contributors to Purple Day, so we can have it be a content-rich community site...)

@CathyTea : I've never done the "multiple Wordpress" thing, but I suppose I could figure it out. Not sure how often I'd contribute -- these are just ones I've happened across in my readings this week -- but then, I do a lot of reading. ^_~
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    So I feel like zombifying this thread eight months before the next Purple Day since my feels are going from a few of the stories I keep up on. I'll use spoiler tags however, since, well, we are dealing with Sim death here...

I'd like to give a shoutout to...

Mason and Charlotte from @Rorygilmore34 's I'm a Lover Challenge, who have both recently passed away. These two loved each other so much they could hardly keep the clothes on in public during one of their dates -- the passion was always there! -- and they had two beautiful daughters, Penelope and Abbie. Penelope was very close to her mom while Abbie was a real daddy's girl, so their parents' shining influence will surely be missed. It's going to be so hard for these two teen girls to go on without their parents but they have each other, and after this mournful period, I am certain they will grow up to become beautiful young women that Mason and Charlotte will be eternally proud of.

Arturo and Ch4na from @ra3rei 's Huffman Legacy, who have both recently passed. Arturo was such an endearing character, and there were just so many little facets about him that I found myself able to connect with... I'll really miss him. His relationship with Ch4na was so adorable, I loved all the ways those two found to show the other how much they cared for the other, you could see how much they loved each other throughout their lives. They both looked so happy and content as elders! They have a son, Sam, and a daughter, Izzy, and I'm sure they will go onto great things having been raised by such wonderful parents.

Thank you for this, @mastressalita I so deeply appreciate it. Mason was lovingly sent to me by @Simslover163 for a possible soul mate for the Sim I created, Charlotte. You are exactly right that these two were soul mates. This is my first time experiencing the loss of a Sim that I created. It's so sad. Thank you so much for submitting these two!
    So I would like to honor another Sim that has recently passed.
    From @ginnymalfoy22 's Kleos Famacy , Demetrius , one half of "Journetrius," one of the cutest Sim couples I've ever had the pleasure of getting spoiled with cute pic spam, has passed away. He leaves behind his hubby Journey, who he has known since they were teens, and their lovely family of children and grandchildren. You could tell this was a very beloved Sim by his player, and he will be missed.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    From @ginnymalfoy22 's Kleos Famacy , Demetrius , one half of "Journetrius," one of the cutest Sim couples I've ever had the pleasure of getting spoiled with cute pic spam, has passed away. He leaves behind his hubby Journey, who he has known since they were teens, and their lovely family of children and grandchildren. You could tell this was a very beloved Sim by his player, and he will be missed.

Thank you so much, Mastress! I've just sent you the invitation to become an editor at Purple Day Sims--if you'd like to, we'd love to have you post tributes there. If you prefer not, that's fine, and when I get a chance, I'll go in and add your tributes and attribute them to you.

You'll find the invitation in the email account that is connected with your WordPress account.

Sounds like a worthy cause. ^_^
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • ginnymalfoy22ginnymalfoy22 Posts: 404 Member

Aww, thank you @mastressalita for your kind words. He really was a truly loved Sim.
    Just wanted to let you know that Purple Day 2016 is approaching soon!

If you'd like to be a co-author on the Purple Day Sims blog, please let me know, and I'll be happy to set you up with an author's account!

You can also write Purple Day posts on your blog, and we'll link to it from the Purple Day Sims blog!

If anyone would like to help coordinate and promote the event this year, please let me know! I've got a busy time at the office this late fall/early winter, so my own involvement will be minimal this year--if you want to help, that would be awesome!

@mastressalita has invited all Reading Circle members to share Purple Day stories on the Reading Circle thread from Dec. 1-4, so please be sure to swing by there during that time frame to remember some of the beloved Sims from our stories! :)

It's almost Purple Day! How will you observe the day?

sims-purple-tr.png?w=700

Wishing all Simmers a memorable Purple Day this year, as we remember our Sims who've kept their appointments with Grim.

Who will you remember today?