Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not enough to do in game for me to want to fully utilise the club system

SimsCrazyUkSimsCrazyUk Posts: 90 Member
Its a good ep dont get me wrong but atm i feel like there just isn't enough to do in game to warrant me wanting to create clubs. I feel its a system that would benefit more from a game that has hobbies or more things to do aka sororities ect in uni down the line. Atm im finding this game pretty boring i dont really see how getting together in groups to do the same thing over and over again is really going to help. Im loving the world tho, if i could just buy the world id be happy. I guess what im trying to say is it isnt a strong enough feature to pull me back in to a game that in itself is still a year on rather boring and dull.

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think the really great thing about this EP is that it will be able to be used in the future as more content becomes available. For me, it's not so much about them having hobbies or what to do in the club as there is enough content with what we have already that will make it very useful.

• SimsCrazyUkSimsCrazyUk Posts: 90 Member
    edited December 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I think the really great thing about this EP is that it will be able to be used in the future as more content becomes available. For me, it's not so much about them having hobbies or what to do in the club as there is enough content with what we have already that will make it very useful.

See am i missing something? Where is the things to do? Other than work? There is 0 to do in your sims freetime. Yea it might be good in the future but having something added now that will be useful 2-3 years down the line isnt really on.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited December 2015
    GT has new venue types like discotheque dance clubs and barista cafes.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2015

See am i missing something? Where is the things to do? Other than work? There is 0 to do in your sims freetime. Yea it might be good in the future but having something added now that will be useful 2-3 years down the line isnt really on.

You could have a game club -- chess and cards (which are already in the game), plus the new dartboard and Don't Wake The Llama game. That could be good for all ages (well, children might not be able to play darts but they can do all the other stuff).

Or a bro club with bros who hang out and watch sports, workout together (the level 10 Fitness ones can mentor the others), and play foosball (which we're getting).

I'm planning on a Music club -- one of my starter Sims is level 10 in both piano and violin so she can mentor Sims in music, and she also bakes so she can make goodies for after "class".

If you have GTW, you can have a group of aliens who are learning to live in peace with their human neighbors...then a group of secret agents and detectives who want to fight the alien group (I'm thinking of that scenario as well). Pitting two groups against each other (whether you're talking about Good and Evil or just rival dance troupes) can help create conflict; some players have said they feel that Sims 4 is just way too much sweetness and light and happiness.

If you have Spa Day, a wellness group that does yoga and meditates together; add in herbalism if you have Outdoor Retreat as well.

Your Sims will have more of a chance to make deep friendships seeing the same Sims all the time -- that's going to be really helpful for both children and teens. Maybe they grow up to marry one of those childhood or teen sweethearts -- or they drift apart, it's up to you.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Well, I don't know what you like to do. I plan on using the club feature to make several clubs based on content that was available before GT. I will be making a gardening club with some of my sims and their location for that club will be my perfect garden park. That way, I know it is always being tended! I plan on making a family a club so they get together every week for a nice day of family time and eating dinner. Just a couple of examples.

My sims do a lot in their free time. Go to the parks, the bars ( if they are single), or just have family time on weekends. I realize we need more activities and things to do in the game and some of that is definitely coming with the EP. I will be building an arcade with the arcade game and foosball tables for the kids and teens. We will be getting a pool venue which will make them enjoy swimming in the community pools. There will be darts and the don't break the llama game and things like that.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I understand what you are saying OP. As @fullspiral says there is some content already available, like yoga, fitness, and the new GT items. But I really feel like a hobbies/interests pack would be a great next addition to support GT clubs.
    A game of darts doesn't interest me nor does coffee. Theres updated nightclubs yes but there not all there yet nor are they interesting.

You could have a game club -- chess and cards (which are already in the game), plus the new dartboard and Don't Wake The Llama game. That could be good for all ages (well, children might not be able to play darts but they can do all the other stuff).

Or a bro club with bros who hang out and watch sports, workout together (the level 10 Fitness ones can mentor the others), and play foosball (which we're getting).

I'm planning on a Music club -- one of my starter Sims is level 10 in both piano and violin so she can mentor Sims in music, and she also bakes so she can make goodies for after "class".

If you have GTW, you can have a group of aliens who are learning to live in peace with their human neighbors...then a group of secret agents and detectives who want to fight the alien group (I'm thinking of that scenario as well). Pitting two groups against each other (whether you're talking about Good and Evil or just rival dance troupes) can help create conflict; some players have said they feel that Sims 4 is just way too much sweetness and light and happiness.

If you have Spa Day, a wellness group that does yoga and meditates together; add in herbalism if you have Outdoor Retreat as well.

Your Sims will have more of a chance to make deep friendships seeing the same Sims all the time -- that's going to be really helpful for both children and teens. Maybe they grow up to marry one of those childhood or teen sweethearts -- or they drift apart, it's up to you.

We already see the same sims all the time
    A game of darts doesn't interest me nor does coffee. Theres updated nightclubs yes but there not all there yet nor are they interesting.

What interests you then? What would you like to see?
    edited December 2015

Hobbies, bowling alleys, garages where you fix up cars, sports events or even goal posts and soccer teams, basketball, textiles and fashion designing, salons and hair stylists need i go on because i can if you would like me to....
    WsUS5S0.jpg
    iv8WHBf.jpg
    dT336Wd.jpg
    rcxd6K0.jpg
    Many of those things will come in time. I believe that. This series is going to be the best of them all. :)
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member

Hobbies, bowling alleys, garages where you fix up cars, sports events or even goal posts and soccer teams, basketball, textiles and fashion designing, salons and hair stylists need i go on because i can if you would like me to....
    WsUS5S0.jpg
    iv8WHBf.jpg
    dT336Wd.jpg
    rcxd6K0.jpg

These things may come with time. When they do this pack will be even more useful. But I get what you're saying. Maybe if they released this pack later after these were added then it would've been better.
    lmkiture wrote: »

WsUS5S0.jpg
    iv8WHBf.jpg
    dT336Wd.jpg
    rcxd6K0.jpg

These things may come with time. When they do this pack will be even more useful. But I get what you're saying. Maybe if they released this pack later after these were added then it would've been better.

Yup thats all i was saying basically
    Many of those things will come in time. I believe that. This series is going to be the best of them all. :)

well it sucks so far so i doubt it
  • Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Think on this: anything you can do in the game now , you can make a club out of
    And I do mean anything.
    You can make a group of people who go around woohooing.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."

well it sucks so far so i doubt it

I am sorry you see it that way. Personally, I don't think so.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I agree. Nothing I like to do warrants a club in my opinions. I don't do the clubbing/dancing scene. I make my sims introverts. That's essentially reading, internet, working on skills. Basically, things that can be done alone. Not something worth making a club out of.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member

WsUS5S0.jpg
    iv8WHBf.jpg
    dT336Wd.jpg
    rcxd6K0.jpg

Looks like you have it all already. :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

WsUS5S0.jpg
    iv8WHBf.jpg
    dT336Wd.jpg
    rcxd6K0.jpg

Oh, I see. Because none of those things ever get repetitive or boring. Just repair the same car and restyle those same sims over and over and over. And who doesn't like 24 hours of bowling (real time, not sim time). Watching the ball rooooooolllllll dooooooooowwwwwn the lane. Ooops, no strike for you, again. If this pack had all of these things in it, would you buy it? Doubt it.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

WsUS5S0.jpg
    iv8WHBf.jpg
    dT336Wd.jpg
    rcxd6K0.jpg

Oh, I see. Because none of those things ever get repetitive or boring. Just repair the same car and restyle those same sims over and over and over. And who doesn't like 24 hours of bowling (real time, not sim time). Watching the ball rooooooolllllll dooooooooowwwwwn the lane. Ooops, no strike for you, again. If this pack had all of these things in it, would you buy it? Doubt it.
    Personally, I would. I don't care for the cars or most sports, but if Get Together had bowling and nail salons, I'd be interested.

WsUS5S0.jpg
    iv8WHBf.jpg
    dT336Wd.jpg
    rcxd6K0.jpg

Personally, I would. I don't care for the cars or most sports, but if Get Together had bowling and nail salons, I'd be interested.

So, all it takes to make SweetieKaye smile is even more repetitive game play. Gurus, more repetitive game play please.

WsUS5S0.jpg
    iv8WHBf.jpg
    dT336Wd.jpg
    rcxd6K0.jpg

So, all it takes to make SweetieKaye smile is even more repetitive game play. Gurus, more repetitive game play please.
    Or...I just like bowling and nail polish? That's a possibility too.

WsUS5S0.jpg
    iv8WHBf.jpg
    dT336Wd.jpg
    rcxd6K0.jpg

Or...I just like bowling and nail polish? That's a possibility too.

You should probably bowl first, then get the nails done, otherwise it might mess up those French tips.
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member

WsUS5S0.jpg
    iv8WHBf.jpg
    dT336Wd.jpg
    rcxd6K0.jpg

And I don't care about bowling and nail salons sounds like a terrible idea.

See? People like different things, which is why there will always be unhappy simmers. If a supernatural EP is released, people who want to keep a somewhat realistic feel on their game will be upset that the developers made something that doesn't cater to their needs.
    If you like playing single sims who lock themselves out from the outside world then fine, maybe this EP is not for you then. Even though you may not like it, there's a huge amount of simmers who'll find in Get Together exactly what they wanted.
    Actually, I didn't like the make over thing in previous games. So it wouldn't be a draw for me. If it comes to the game down the road it's possible to make those clubs then.