Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#PurpleDaySims - Dec. 1

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Ok... you're right! It's the chapter where Lucas is talking to Christian... https://dust2dustsims.wordpress.com/2015/08/30/chapter-fifty/

And it's that last scene, where Mel looks up and says a few words to Christian--THAT's where I fell for her, and that's what I was remembering, just shifting around the details in my memory! *guiltyreader*

Thumbing through a few chapters to find that one, it really struck me anew what an amazing work this is--really gets inside of me!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited November 2015
    Haha no worries @CathyTea ! Could it be chapter 41? (I think it's 41...) where Mel is watching Lucas sleep and thinking about how much she loves him and how she still loves Christian too, but has moved on? That's one where the readers get that insight, but Lucas is asleep and unaware haha

Edit: Nevermind! :tongue: I'm glad you liked that part, and thank you for your sweet words too! And it's okay to mix up some details now and then :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    Haha no worries @CathyTea ! Could it be chapter 41? (I think it's 41...) where Mel is watching Lucas sleep and thinking about how much she loves him and how she still loves Christian too, but has moved on? That's one where the readers get that insight, but Lucas is asleep and unaware haha

No, I love that chapter, and that chapter started to open up my heart towards her, but it's what she shares after hearing Lucas talking to Christian that really made me see how amazing she is.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    I edited my post right before you posted haha We cross-posted!
    snvAF3B.png
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I just realized tomorrow is Purple Day...and tomorrow is also probably patch day. That means I'll have to do screenshots for my purple day chapter tonight, or wait til my mods are updated :|
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~

Edit: Nevermind! :tongue: I'm glad you liked that part, and thank you for your sweet words too! And it's okay to mix up some details now and then :tongue:

Guh! I always do that, especially with stories that really live in my imagination, like yours does! :) When I do scholarly work with novels, I always have to go back and reread the specific parts I write about, because I always wind up re-inventing the stories as I think about them and imagine them! Even with novels I've read dozens of times, like Austen's work.

I feel that's a sign of art--when the work becomes so alive to the reader that it gets re-invented!

(And also, do you notice that nearly every thread I post at quickly becomes Dust to Dust thread? :tongue: )

I just realized tomorrow is Purple Day...and tomorrow is also probably patch day. That means I'll have to do screenshots for my purple day chapter tonight, or wait til my mods are updated :|

Hiya, dreams! No worries! I'm figuring it will be like Plum Day--last a month or maybe last forever!

I'm freeing up time all week for this, so I'll be happy to update the site as the posts are available!

edited November 2015
    CathyTea wrote: »
    (And also, do you notice that nearly every thread I post at quickly becomes Dust to Dust thread? :tongue: )

Hehehe a little bit :lol: But I love it, it's very sweet :heart:

I just posted in the lounge about this, but I'm really struggling with how to celebrate Purple Day (if at all) beyond just wearing purple IRL. My issue is that (D2D spoilers, just in case :lol:)
    Literally every character in D2D died, by the end! And I feel like it's overboard to honor EVERYONE :lol: So I don't know if I should pick and choose? Or just not post anything? I'm feeling torn haha. And I'm running out of time to decide if I want to post something haha
    snvAF3B.png
    CathyTea wrote: »

Hehehe a little bit :lol: But I love it, it's very sweet :heart:

I just posted in the lounge about this, but I'm really struggling with how to celebrate Purple Day (if at all) beyond just wearing purple IRL. My issue is that (D2D spoilers, just in case :lol:)
    Literally every character in D2D died, by the end! And I feel like it's overboard to honor EVERYONE :lol: So I don't know if I should pick and choose? Or just not post anything? I'm feeling torn haha. And I'm running out of time to decide if I want to post something haha

I would say just wear purple--and think kind thoughts about Sims and how they bring us together! :)

We'll be linking to all of Dust to Dust. If you want to write a few words to accompany the link, that would be awesome! (Not required, though--just a cherry on top!)

See, we'll have a page that links to all of the Purple Day posts, and I think we'll feature Dust to Dust as a special Purple Day story, since the whole story really does tie in with the message of Purple Day. So if you wanted to write a few lines to go with that, we'd love to post them! :)

@CathyTea That's so awesome! :) I actually got inspired to do a little short that would be a bit different than a normal Purple Day post... But I don't even know if I'll actually get to finish it :lol: If nothing else, I'll post it in my Short Story section of my blog! I love that you want to link to all of D2D! :)
    snvAF3B.png
    @CathyTea That's so awesome! :) I actually got inspired to do a little short that would be a bit different than a normal Purple Day post... But I don't even know if I'll actually get to finish it :lol: If nothing else, I'll post it in my Short Story section of my blog! I love that you want to link to all of D2D! :)

OOOOh! Awesome! and since I seem to be living on Sim Time, everything IRL for me lasts at least a week (like we still haven't done Friendsgiving! And probably won't until this weekend!) So, I'll be posting things all week and even all year as they become available! Just let me know! :)

Okay, to take the pressure off myself, I'm shooting for like Thursday for my Purple Day post :tongue: So feel free to just post D2D tomorrow! :) (I think it's awesome that you are including my whole story. :heart:)
    snvAF3B.png
    Okay, to take the pressure off myself, I'm shooting for like Thursday for my Purple Day post :tongue: So feel free to just post D2D tomorrow! :) (I think it's awesome that you are including my whole story. :heart:)

Yay! I'm all for taking pressure off yourself! :)

I just laid out my clothes for tomorrow (as I do every night). I'm ready for purple day! :)
    snvAF3B.png
    I just laid out my clothes for tomorrow (as I do every night). I'm ready for purple day! :)

Awesome! :) I'm selecting screenshots for my Purple Day post and getting all choked up--Cedar's ghost in an animal hat... the first night we had ghosts in the game. :(

It's Purple Day!

I'm getting ready to head to bed, and I hope I dream of Sims! :) Hope you think of Sims today, too, and as you do, think of the Simmers who love them--and think of how those feelings are real and help us open our hearts, too, to all Simmers, and to all people.

Peaceful Purple Day, freezer bunnies!

(Because Purple Day is more than just a day, we'll be posting Purple Day posts all through the season and year, as they are written! So keep writing, and keep sharing!)

Happy Purple Day, everyone! Get your purple on! Be sure to check out the Purple Day Sims website all week, as we'll be adding new stuff!

Want to know what MakPlays/ @Pegasus143 is wearing to celebrate Purple Day? Check out the Celebrations page! https://purpledaysims.wordpress.com/how-are-you-celebrating/

• OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Hey all! Happy peaceful Purple day!

I posted this a while ago but I set up a memorial space underneath the town museum in Willow Creek for my Rebuild Willow Creek heirs and their families. You see more pics of the whole thing on my Tumblr

tumblr_nya03yu8W71tn6pi8o5_1280.png
    That's awesome, @OJenn ! :) it looks so lovely :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
    edited December 2015
    Here's my Purple Day Post: Time's Eyes

Beautiful, @CathyTea !
    snvAF3B.png
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    That was awesome @CathyTea

And I couldn't forget about Memoirs so I made a post on Tumblr

tumblr_nyp1rwNsWU1tn6pi8o1_1280.png

edited December 2015
    I love that, @OJenn ! :heart:

I have a very little something to post this afternoon :) I don't know when I'll finish my larger piece, we will see! Maybe I will hold on to that Grimmy and Gaia chapter and save it for something else (like a short story challenge sometime, if the right theme comes up!)

But I will definitely have something little for today :)
    snvAF3B.png
    OJenn wrote: »
    That was awesome @CathyTea

And I couldn't forget about Memoirs so I made a post on Tumblr

tumblr_nyp1rwNsWU1tn6pi8o1_1280.png

That screenshot is so gorgeous, OJenn! And what a beautiful poem.

I've just added it to the Purple Day Posts page. <3

edited December 2015
    A little contribution for Purple Day :) (Warning: MASSIVE spoilers for Dust to Dust!)

hp4y5xC.png
    snvAF3B.png