The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 20 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Remove Cellphone

Getting tired of my Sim pulling it out every second, getting calls every second, and always having the thing on the screen. We need an option to remove the blasted thing off our Sim. The Sims 2 the cellphones were optional not forced on you with gorilla glue! Why repeat the mistake of The Sims 3?!?!?!?! Remove. The. Cellphone. Now.
1. The Sims 2
2. The Sims 3
3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
4. The Sims 1

Comments

  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 586 Member
    I guess it's the way we interact today. You can pretty much do everything with a cellphone and they brought that to The Sims 3 and now The Sims 4. I agree that sometimes it's annoying or dumb to see Sims taking selfies, or the fact that you can get the job that you want in 5 seconds just by using the cellphone. I miss those days where you'd wait for 2 or 3 days because the job you wanted wasn't available on the computer or newspaper.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,499 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    I miss those days where you'd wait for 2 or 3 days because the job you wanted wasn't available on the computer or newspaper.

    And that is exactly what most players complained about. they were NOT ready to wait that long for their sims to get started with their dream job!

  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,736 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    I miss those days where you'd wait for 2 or 3 days because the job you wanted wasn't available on the computer or newspaper.

    And that is exactly what most players complained about. they were NOT ready to wait that long for their sims to get started with their dream job!

    But the answer should not have been mandatory, addictive cellphones.

  • EinherjarLucianEinherjarLucian Posts: 4 New Member
    > @aws200 said:
    > Getting tired of my Sim pulling it out every second, getting calls every second, and always having the thing on the screen. We need an option to remove the blasted thing off our Sim. The Sims 2 the cellphones were optional not forced on you with gorilla glue! Why repeat the mistake of The Sims 3?!?!?!?! Remove. The. Cellphone. Now.

    You mean... like real life? If anything, they should let the sims have the option to turn off their cell phone... but have consequences (missed calls, angry friends) for doing so. ...like real life.
  • DumperDunphyDumperDunphy Posts: 6 New Member
    I think cellphones are (obviously!) pretty important in The Sims, but you're right - they're being used WAY too often. I'd just appreciate them a bit more if the Sims would stop taking selfies and pictures of their food rather than eating it!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 33,514 Member
    I think cellphones are (obviously!) pretty important in The Sims, but you're right - they're being used WAY too often. I'd just appreciate them a bit more if the Sims would stop taking selfies and pictures of their food rather than eating it!

    Only the foodies take the food pics, I think. And only the teens take the selfies autonomies?
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • twinsister27twinsister27 Posts: 530 Member
    I don't like the selfies/random pics of stuff on the Sims, because I don't do that much. I'm a teenager. Yeah actually. Last time I checked Online Dating existed for Young Adults and up, but other than that there should be no reason to do it that much. "because real life." Um no. Instagram doesn't exist in TS4 does it? Oh I hope not.
    I think there should be certain things the kids and older should be able to do. Children make plans with friends or call their parents if it's near curfew. Teen Girl Sims should be able to make a date with some guy and scream about it over their phone with their best friend. Young Adults...work from home? I dunno. Adults too. If Elder Sims called a zillion times two hours before something, I would go insane, but it would be very realistic (because that's how my Grandma is irl).
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,250 Member
    edited December 2015
    I miss my land line in this game. I don't want to have to make my Sim answer but make another Sim answer then tell the caller they aren't home. lol I'm evil that way. ETA: but if not remove give player option to disable for the stories we play where Sims don't have cell phones and can't play the game or take selfies. I should be able to make my Sims do without any electronic gadgets right? I mean I don't always want to imagine a modern family but someone who lives in a cave.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • AlisonCuteSimsAlisonCuteSims Posts: 165 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I miss my land line in this game. I don't want to have to make my Sim answer but make another Sim answer then tell the caller they aren't home. lol I'm evil that way.

    I feel like TS team is starting to move on from that idea, not just that but newspapers as well.
    Nowadays most people do not get newspapers delivered to their home or have a landline, things are a lot more modern now in our regular lives. We spend more time watching the news than reading the paper, just like we spend more time on our smartphones than we do on our landlines. Of course for some people it may be different.
    3dd20d8220bdc70e9490da5f62974d35.gif
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 31,825 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I miss my land line in this game. I don't want to have to make my Sim answer but make another Sim answer then tell the caller they aren't home. lol I'm evil that way.

    I feel like TS team is starting to move on from that idea, not just that but newspapers as well.
    Nowadays most people do not get newspapers delivered to their home or have a landline, things are a lot more modern now in our regular lives. We spend more time watching the news than reading the paper, just like we spend more time on our smartphones than we do on our landlines. Of course for some people it may be different.

    I have both a landline and my house is still has newspaper delivered. the Sims need to included people who don't own cellphones and need to re-included newspapers
    kikWQMd.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,250 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I miss my land line in this game. I don't want to have to make my Sim answer but make another Sim answer then tell the caller they aren't home. lol I'm evil that way.

    I feel like TS team is starting to move on from that idea, not just that but newspapers as well.
    Nowadays most people do not get newspapers delivered to their home or have a landline, things are a lot more modern now in our regular lives. We spend more time watching the news than reading the paper, just like we spend more time on our smartphones than we do on our landlines. Of course for some people it may be different.

    I don't know about other cities but where I live we all have a land line (except younger people in their twenties) and we get the newspapers here every morning. I see our paper guy everyday around 4:30 A.M. if I'm up. So, it's not world wide that people don't use a land line or get a news paper anymore. That's EA's idea but not reflective of real life. Yes, newspapers are dying but it's not because of the internet is a known fact some are dead due to their biased reporting and people could no longer depend on journalism but were getting one sided opinions. If some would have changed their ways (Big newspapers) they may not have failed eventually.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,250 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I miss my land line in this game. I don't want to have to make my Sim answer but make another Sim answer then tell the caller they aren't home. lol I'm evil that way.

    I feel like TS team is starting to move on from that idea, not just that but newspapers as well.
    Nowadays most people do not get newspapers delivered to their home or have a landline, things are a lot more modern now in our regular lives. We spend more time watching the news than reading the paper, just like we spend more time on our smartphones than we do on our landlines. Of course for some people it may be different.

    I have both a landline and my house is still has newspaper delivered. the Sims need to included people who don't own cellphones and need to re-included newspapers

    I think people aren't thinking about how limited it makes a player when they all have a cell phone. They tied many things to the cell phone in TS3 and TS4. But what about players who play Sims who don't have a cell phone? I don't understand why they don't broaden out their scope and those things they do on a cell phone be done on other things so they can include those players who like to play Sims who don't own one, and or live in different times. EA seems to have changed and want the player to play modern life. But in TS1 and TS2 we could get around these things and play any era we wanted more or less. Forcing cell phones on every Sim is a way to control how players see the game and must play modern times. And that really isn't fair to sandbox.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 31,825 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I miss my land line in this game. I don't want to have to make my Sim answer but make another Sim answer then tell the caller they aren't home. lol I'm evil that way.

    I feel like TS team is starting to move on from that idea, not just that but newspapers as well.
    Nowadays most people do not get newspapers delivered to their home or have a landline, things are a lot more modern now in our regular lives. We spend more time watching the news than reading the paper, just like we spend more time on our smartphones than we do on our landlines. Of course for some people it may be different.

    I have both a landline and my house is still has newspaper delivered. the Sims need to included people who don't own cellphones and need to re-included newspapers

    I think people aren't thinking about how limited it makes a player when they all have a cell phone. They tied many things to the cell phone in TS3 and TS4. But what about players who play Sims who don't have a cell phone? I don't understand why they don't broaden out their scope and those things they do on a cell phone be done on other things so they can include those players who like to play Sims who don't own one, and or live in different times. EA seems to have changed and want the player to play modern life. But in TS1 and TS2 we could get around these things and play any era we wanted more or less. Forcing cell phones on every Sim is a way to control how players see the game and must play modern times. And that really isn't fair to sandbox.

    oh at least with newspapers have an internet option as well as a paper version.. I mean we have a journlast career in the writing branch..so..
    kikWQMd.jpg
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Agreed. We're limited now to modern storylines because of these mandatory cellphones.
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    I miss having a landline.

    I know that when it rings in real life, we're all bewildered because nobody uses it anymore!

    I want it for my Sims though. It was a cute decor object too.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,240 Member
    Turn off option or take off our Sim, but that would be 'too hard' or 'too limited' in their Twitter excuse tweets to do like usual.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top