Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Predict the next Sims 4 EP! (after Get Together)

Comments

• FaintObject FaintObject Posts: 26 New Member
    I would love a Universities EP. I would like a "get to school" type thing that includes universities.
  • chinchillachinchilla Posts: 43 Member
    I would like to see an expansion based around zoos and animals. Maybe that could even tie in with travel. I'd also like to see Generations. Most of all, Seasons!! Seasons! Seasons! Seasons! Please! I need my snow and hot chocolate.
  • tiago44tiago44 Posts: 8 New Member
    Maybe a EP with weather... I miss the snow and the leafs in the ground xD
  • CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member

World Adv. - Ambitions - Late Night - Generations - Pets

similar to

Outdoor Retreat - Get to Work - (Spa Day) - Get Together - Family? - Pets?

It wouldn't be shocking if Generations will be next. And probably why Spa Day is so well received is because there is no equivalent pack for TS3 (store item doesn't count)
    I'm back!
  • NerdyNerdsDeluxNerdyNerdsDelux Posts: 39 Member
    I hope for on like Generations, as about a week ago I had a dream that they had announced that the next expansion would be one called Family Time, and that they had plans for Pet Play. Just a dream, but yeah.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited November 2015
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    The Sims 4: Family Time - Allot of people have been asking for Family Play, plus if they're working on Toddlers and Pre-Teens, they could be Patched in before this Pack.
    or
    The Sims 4: Get Educated - They could probably make Active School Days possible with more interaction, Zerbu did it with a Mod but I think Maxis can refine that since they have full access to the tools Get To Work used for it's Active Careers/Professions.
    or
    The Sims 4: Town Life - They could expand on the Neighbourhoods themselves by adding more Community Lots like Laundro-Mats, Playgrounds, Apartments, Hotels, maybe even adding Create-A-Town or something.

I've been wondering about this, do you think they will make anything like that mod? As the mod is quite extensive I'm thinking that they might not make this a feature as the modder did made it a long time ago for free.
    Pretty sure people that use the mod would get angry to pay for something they have been using for free. Same with the modder him/herself... And even if they made this a feature and expanded on it, whichever way they can, it would still be very similar to the original mod.
    Pretty sure thought that modders have no right or anything so a feature like this might happen but I think its unlikely because of the things I mentioned.
    I'm curious to know what you think? :)

Edit. Whoops, forgot the topic :blush: I have no idea to be honest, I know its most likely not anything supernatural so I'm not really speculating at the moment.

I do hope its something newish but with a little more "meat" than GT has as far as we have seen. I would totally like it if they had a new life state in the next EP, that would make me happy no matter the content of the EP to be honest, I'm simple like that :wink:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
    I feel like Sims 4 is geared towards the Young Adult sims. I don't feel like their is many aspects to the family, other than the lifetime aspiration! I hope this changes soon though!
  • Ciaradoc01Ciaradoc01 Posts: 113 Member
    I think either a World Adventures type expansion, or a generations type expansion. I would love if it's pets or university, although I think it's too early for both of them at the minute.
    All I want from EA right now is sims 4 seasons, supernatural, pets, university and showtime. Then EA will be God. The current God is Brendon Urie.

giphy.gif
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    With all these recent advertisements informing us about the upcoming GT EP I have been wondering about the next EP as well :D! I think it might be either a destination, down town life, or a supernatural themed EP due to the fact that I think pets,seasons, school, and generations EPs need a bit more work to make the scripting and animations look good for the current game. But again, I am no psychic. :/
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I hope for babies out the crib and toddlers and preteens .
  • FantiSciFantiSci Posts: 87 Member
    I'd love Pets or Supernatural next (or a decent Seasons), but as people have already said, it's probably too early in the Sims 4'S life cycle for them. Boo hiss.

I think the general rule is "New Idea in Autumn/Winter, Old Faithful in Spring/Summer". I can see a few possibilities:

GOOD SENSE OF SURVIVAL OPTION: Generations. I personally hated that pack, but I'm in the minority. People want their toddlers back.
    REINVENTING THE WHEEL OPTION: A city living/nightlife pack, because GT doesn't map EXACTLY on to Nightlife, and there is some bizarre obsession with clubbing and partying this go-round. Vampires might come back, though.
    OLD FRIENDS OPTION: Either University or Vacations. I suspect University's the more likely - the survey suggests they don't really have a grip on what they want to do for a Vacation pack.

Alternatively:

FANTISCI IS TOTALLY WRONG OPTION: They're desperately trying to avoid reusing old EPs in their original form altogether, and we'll get yet another Bright New Idea or assimilated/rebranded versions of former EPs trying to pretend that they aren't stripped-down copies of old favourites. Risky option: I could see people falling over themselves to pre-order a genuinely original pack, but it could also fall flat on its face, since many people want basic, core features to return first, or won't be happy if we get knockoff versions (i.e. the Vacation pack listed in the survey which was also a lazy version of Seasons).
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Oh, I got it The Sims 4 GET Schooled!
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    > @Sid1701D9 said:
    > Oh, I got it The Sims 4 GET Schooled!

But there is already a mod called Go To School, and essentially if it is the same thing, but with more clothes, I would stick to the mod, which is free, than buy an expansion for $60+. As it would then be the mod and some custom content. Not worth money in my opinion.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    at this point, It could be anything, University, World Adventures, Island Paradise.
    I fear for supernaturals, to be introduced I feel like it's a hit or miss, I feel they always missed in the past, and I hope they nail it this time.

From what I've seen, by the Grim Reaper mainly, I think magic will be better animated, Like I can't wait to see my sorcerer vanishing in a cloud of blood red smoke like I think they should use Grim's Black smoke screen or the fight cloud sims have.

As for elemental magic, Fire spells could be better this, and not look like flame throwers.

I just hope they don't stereotype them and limit them. and I hope there's more action and darkness. Like Killing with magic, it's not real, it won't raise the ratings.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    > @Sid1701D9 said:

But there is already a mod called Go To School, and essentially if it is the same thing, but with more clothes, I would stick to the mod, which is free, than buy an expansion for $60+. As it would then be the mod and some custom content. Not worth money in my opinion.

The Mod Go To School is a joke which really doesn't follow the Sims 4 theme, and is one sided. It follows the Get To Work Goal Oriented stuff and I think get Schooled should be a expansion pack that incorporates the new group play from get together and gives us an expansion pack that brings in the group aspect of Elementry School, High School and Colleges, lets not limit the colleges to just one type like the Sims 3, but have more options, allow the colleges and universities to be open campuses so that any sims can visit and learn or enroll in class, instead of the game assigning us classes, we should be able to pick classes to add to our schedule.

• AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Hopefully Generations, but maybe something like Island Paradise/Bon Voyage/Vacations because of spring break.
  • pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    We've gotten two newish themes in a row, I think they may go for a more traidional pack next
    such as
    pets
    or
    generations

That's my guess
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
    > @pottergoose said:
    > We've gotten two newish themes in a row, I think they may go for a more traidional pack next
    > such as
    > pets
    > or
    > generations
    >
    > That's my guess

Yeah, I do hope they go for a more traditional one. To me, it seems like nobody has asked for these two, and while I love them, they don't have the family feel that Seasons and Generations gave me. As I said earlier, I feel like Sims 4 is based more towards the YA stage of the sims life.
  • RainWoodsRainWoods Posts: 11 New Member
    Oh my goodness seasons. Especially with holidays. I think this EP just adds a whole new warmth to the game. Including all of the seasons, there should be a special Christmas thing where children can write letters to santa, and if they have a Christmas tree up, Santa comes on Christmas eve and brings gifts that you don't know what they are until you open it. That could be fun! Also, an apartment life EP would be cool. I can't wait for something like that, a lot of people can't. Although generations would be cool, I think things like a Seasons, Apartments, and pets EP would be so much better. Get together was never really needed but I can not wait for it to come out! I'm so psycched about it, you have no idea. But I have to wait till Christmas to get it. That is, if I get it. :neutral:
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    The Sims 4: Family Time - Allot of people have been asking for Family Play, plus if they're working on Toddlers and Pre-Teens, they could be Patched in before this Pack.
    or
    The Sims 4: Get Educated - They could probably make Active School Days possible with more interaction, Zerbu did it with a Mod but I think Maxis can refine that since they have full access to the tools Get To Work used for it's Active Careers/Professions.
    or
    The Sims 4: Town Life - They could expand on the Neighbourhoods themselves by adding more Community Lots like Laundro-Mats, Playgrounds, Apartments, Hotels, maybe even adding Create-A-Town or something.

I've been wondering about this, do you think they will make anything like that mod? As the mod is quite extensive I'm thinking that they might not make this a feature as the modder did made it a long time ago for free.
    Pretty sure people that use the mod would get angry to pay for something they have been using for free. Same with the modder him/herself... And even if they made this a feature and expanded on it, whichever way they can, it would still be very similar to the original mod.
    Pretty sure thought that modders have no right or anything so a feature like this might happen but I think its unlikely because of the things I mentioned.
    I'm curious to know what you think? :)

Edit. Whoops, forgot the topic :blush: I have no idea to be honest, I know its most likely not anything supernatural so I'm not really speculating at the moment.

I do hope its something newish but with a little more "meat" than GT has as far as we have seen. I would totally like it if they had a new life state in the next EP, that would make me happy no matter the content of the EP to be honest, I'm simple like that :wink:

I think Maxis will still make their own Active School Days, since the Mod doesn't have Teachers or Classes at all, it would be nice if they added it with a full on Education System but at the same time they might have to increase the amount of Sims available in the School Lot if they wanted it to be filled with Teens/Children and Teachers. The Get To School Mod is really more of copy of a Profession from Get To Work, I think Maxis could create a more advanced version of 'Get To School' with similar interactions to University EPs or perhaps instead of different Classes, Sims could attend different Schools which would add more Hidden Lots, like a Performing Arts School, Science School etc. I don't think they'd ever just use Zerbu's method of creating open Schools, I think they'd definitely expand on the idea. I think it's somewhat likely they could do it as they've added Locked Doors and the Repairman NPC despite them being created/unlock by Modders previously.

Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    > @Sid1701D9 said:

If they decided to go with a more simplistic version like the Get To Work Profession System, it wouldn't take them too long to create the base of the EP which is btw $40-$50 depending on where you live I'm pretty sure, they would be able to heavily expand on a Schooling System whilst also adding allot of new things, customization and gameplay wise, since they have usually around 6 or so months to develop EPs(sometimes less) they'd have allot of time on their hands to add to the Pack, even if the central focus is just School for Teenagers and Children but I hope they combine to a University EP so that they could combine them together for more in-depth Education System, they could even add an Education System with the Base Game but not as in-depth.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, now with the club thing the class thing will work because the education system would automatically put all elementary students in a hidden club called elementary school and high school children in a high school club, this is were I think they should add dances like for kids like Home Coming and Prom or Ball, Kids should have conventions, yes. The perks for graduating universities should be to unlock two traits and two more club parks that will bring the club from 8 to 10, plus a additional club slot for each sim that graduates.

• HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Prediction, huh? I'd say Generations or a city-themed pack. My wish: University (would go well with Get Together).
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    The way I see it is that we've already had a work/business expansion and we're getting a social/clubs expansion come December :) So I think one of the expansions we're likely to get next is Generations with toddlers and more family play (the one I'm hoping for most!), Pets, Seasons or a holiday expansion or a supernatural expansion :smiley:

Personally speaking I want a Generations next because I loved toddlers in the Sims 3 and I can't wait to see them in the Sims 4 as well :) But I'm also hoping that with Generations we'll get lots of family play options and items and objects :) the Sims 4 with toddlers will also be quite interesting I think what with the new emotions system, so I think a toddler which can be happy one moment and then being sad another will be awesome!! :smiley:

If you're a big family player like me then you desperately want toddlers in the Sims 4 :) I really want them because I can't create my big happy family in the Sims 4 like I can in the Sims 3 and also due to personal reasons too :)

Hugs <3

Matthew.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I think it will be a generations expansion. They've seen the demand. And that toddler picture? Maybe they are already developing it!