Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    My sims spent a nice morning at the spa retreat.

Hey, you two! It's steamy enough in there!

tumblr_nykid2WPWz1up0k3mo1_1280.jpg

Taking turns with the bath. She did hydrotherapy while he had a mud bath.

tumblr_nykjmgeivl1up0k3mo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nykjmgeivl1up0k3mo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nykjmgeivl1up0k3mo4_1280.jpg

A romantic massage to end their morning at the retreat.

tumblr_nykjnuJlrO1up0k3mo1_1280.jpg

I love how she looks so relaxed. Her face is so serene.

tumblr_nykjnuJlrO1up0k3mo2_1280.jpg
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Looks like everyone had a busy night on thier games. I love all the pics. :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Yeah, a lot of great pics on here since I last popped in!

@mortia - it's quite scary how much Felicity looks like a cousin of mine :o I really love playing farm games with that tractor. I have a game in RV at the moment where Jocasta Bachelor has moved to take up farming. She has crop fields in their back yard :)

@SweetieKaye - I love those sauna and massage items in TS3. I just splashed out on TS4 bundle pack cos it was going for £15 on Amazon and now have the spa in that game. Disappointing so far... I thought it would be the perfect place for my pregnant sim to chill out but the only thing I could get her to do was have a foot massage:

11-28-15_5-33-06nbspPM.png

meh! I do like some of the stuff in the bundle though. I love those small wall lights in the pic above. I need to try out the hot tub and party stuff...
    I've been playing more of my TS4 game tonight... this is the one I started from a suggestion on another thread - have two couples who are best friends, they each have a baby around the same time who grow up being best friends and then eventually fall in love.

Well, my couples have just had their babies. I totally missed Mikaela going into labour until it was too late to go to hospital so she ended up giving birth at home (silly game took her to the hospital afterwards lol). They had a boy (Nathan):
    11-29-15_5-17-29nbspPM.png

Then Clara went into labour and I managed to get her and hubby to the hospital. I got the notice they'd had a girl! Yay! But then... they had another girl! Lol.
    11-29-15_5-14-27nbspPM.png
    (The doctor is Pauline Wan from Sunset Valley!)

Here's the twins at home (Amy and Amber):
    11-29-15_5-18-04nbspPM.png

Now, the really sad part is that they could have started on their friendships as toddlers... playing with a dolls house together, playing peek-a-boo, playing at the drawing table, toddler hugs etc... I am gonna so miss that part of their lives :(
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I'm pretty sad. I have a hard time in my personal life right now and normally, simming would be able to distract me (at least a little)... but I kind of lost my enthusiasm for the whole series.
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    edited November 2015
    @elanorbreton lovely pics :) now the little baby boy has to pick between the twins... pop out another lad quick ;) before one twin is left out.
    Oh wait sordid affairs husbands leaves wife for twin lol (Sorry getting carried away with your story lol)
    Anyway i get what you mean, this is usually the point when i stop playing the game in s4 i hate having a 10 year old at 3 sim days old not because of the age thing but because i feel like i have lost half a story. :(

I really want toddler back in sims 4 :disappointed: i thought the ache would ease over time nd i would get to the point of not caring and just be satisfied with sims 3 but since that cute pic of s4 toddler i been wanting them so bad. And the worst part it its distracting me from any game, if i play s3 with my little toddler i think about them being in s4. If im playing dragon age im distracted about s4 toddlers. All i want to do is play with the non existent toddlers. I wish i had never seen that pic because for me its made the whole no toddler situation worse. Sorry for the little rant but since another toddler thread has come up ive been wanting to put in my little opinion but that got so heated i didnt want to get involved. So i thought that ill just pop it here and maybe see how you guys feel at present :)

Edit for typos.

And extra @Anemone7 sorry to hear that hun. Maybe a good button bashing game might help like lego batman. For me it does the trick and theres no thinking. I hope all gets better soon and we get to hear more of your challenge.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sorry to hear about that @Anemone7 and yes the lego games are fun. I love playing lego Star Wars. Button smashing games do help. I mean hey you could even play the typo shark game and working on your typing speed if you wanted. A lot of the MOBA games out there are good for button smashing too. Dota 2 can be relaxing sometimes. I like Guild Wars 2 as well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    @clover24, Oh I agree completely. I wanted Toddlers so badly before and that picture just amplified it to infinity. I actually had a period a couple of months ago where I had a lot of fun in TS4 completely remodeling and reorganizing the existing neighborhoods. Then, I made a new Sim to start a new game with (the TS4 version of Felicity Dane). She was super cute and I turned off aging and was enjoying her as best I could, but then she became unexpectedly pregnant with her neighbor/boy-toy (thank you MC Command Center!). It was pretty exciting and I decided to leave her as a single mom struggling to get by, but as soon as she gave birth I just...checked out. I started thinking about what a cute Toddler he'd make and I didn't have the heart to continue. So she's been abandoned in her save until Toddlers appear. It makes me very sad indeed.

@elanorbreton Haha, I know quite a few people that look like Felicity. She's just got one of those faces! :D I actually caved not long ago and bought Spa Day myself, since it looked really well done. I really like it though! Probably my favorite thing released for the game so far...although I don't have anything else aside from GTW and OR so maybe there's something better out there. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it :(

@Anemone7 I'm really sorry to hear life isn't the greatest right now and can totally relate to being bummed about the disconnection from the Sims on a whole. Maybe try just taking a break altogether and doing something else that you enjoy for a while? I know it's a bit of a lame suggestion but having been there not long ago, it really helped me to go and play other types of games, read some books and binge on Netlflix for a bit. And if I hadn't spotted a challenge that caught my eye, no doubt I would still be right where you are now. It'll come back around for you in time, I'm sure. In the meantime, hope you feel better soon :).

edited November 2015
    mortia wrote: »
    @clover24, Oh I agree completely. I wanted Toddlers so badly before and that picture just amplified it to infinity. I actually had a period a couple of months ago where I had a lot of fun in TS4 completely remodeling and reorganizing the existing neighborhoods. Then, I made a new Sim to start a new game with (the TS4 version of Felicity Dane). She was super cute and I turned off aging and was enjoying her as best I could, but then she became unexpectedly pregnant with her neighbor/boy-toy (thank you MC Command Center!). It was pretty exciting and I decided to leave her as a single mom struggling to get by, but as soon as she gave birth I just...checked out. I started thinking about what a cute Toddler he'd make and I didn't have the heart to continue. So she's been abandoned in her save until Toddlers appear. It makes me very sad indeed.
    That happens to me all the time. I get fun out of renovating and moving things around. I started a legacy many months ago and I was honestly enjoying it, but when my founder finally had her babies (twin girls) and they aged up, I just...stopped. The enjoyment snapped. I didn't want to see any more infants transforming into children because it was too unsettling. So, the legacy hasn't gotten past the first generation.

I have some adult-only households, but I eventually stopped playing because I simply am not a YA-only player. I like raising children in the games, but the absence of toddlers in Sims 4 makes it feel half-full.

@Anemone7 - Sorry you're feeling so down at moment. Whatever is bothering you, I hope it gets better soon.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Thank you all for your kind words. Compared to some problems I heart here, it's not tragical, but you can't help your feelings sometimes. Healthiest thing would probably be to just go out with friends, but I'm not ready to handle it healthy yet. I'm binge-watching Downtown Abbey at the moment. Did you know, that they used a scene from the show for the romantic channel in TS4?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    Thank you all for your kind words. Compared to some problems I heart here, it's not tragical, but you can't help your feelings sometimes. Healthiest thing would probably be to just go out with friends, but I'm not ready to handle it healthy yet. I'm binge-watching Downtown Abbey at the moment. Did you know, that they used a scene from the show for the romantic channel in TS4?
    Whoa I didn't know that. I'll have to check it out. I tend to make the Sims watch the cooking channel mostly. There is Iron Chef and Julia Child on there. I love Downtown Abbey so I'll have to check it out. I'm excited that the new season is coming.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    edited November 2015
    I feel like I'm a bit late to this thread, but I guess I'll share my opinion anyway: Even though I don't have any of the Sims games other than TS4, and I have only briefly played TS2, I recognize that this isn't a complete game and I want toddlers just as much as everyone on here. Recently, I've been on even more of a family play kick, but I've been stuck using YouTube LPs as we all know TS4 is not up to family play standards.

Wondering if I should beg my brother to let me download TS3 onto his computer, or maybe delete/abandon TS4 altogether and go to TS3 for toddlers/pets/generations/seasons/university (I can't stand the TS2 gameplay, although I've heard the family play is great). It just seems like TS3 has so much more to offer me right now, but at the same time, I'm short on money... :(
    Sims 3 is starting to scare me.

I have a witch who's a scientist and I had her try to clone a supernovium mineral from a sample. It worked.

tumblr_nym5nhLJmO1up0k3mo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nym5nhLJmO1up0k3mo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nym5nhLJmO1up0k3mo3_1280.jpg

She had a DNA sample in her inventory, so I figured I'd give that a shot. Here's the thing. I wasn't expecting it to work!

tumblr_nym5nhLJmO1up0k3mo4_1280.jpg

But it did! That's...that's very unsettling. Why? Because the DNA sample was of her best friend.

Well, I guess it's no stranger than the time her wife (who's a fairy and a gardener) pulled a plantsim baby out of the ground!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    You can get a baby from a DNA sample ?!?! I didn't know that ! How cool :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member

I have a witch who's a scientist and I had her try to clone a supernovium mineral from a sample. It worked.

She had a DNA sample in her inventory, so I figured I'd give that a shot. Here's the thing. I wasn't expecting it to work!

But it did! That's...that's very unsettling. Why? Because the DNA sample was of her best friend.

Well, I guess it's no stranger than the time her wife (who's a fairy and a gardener) pulled a plantsim baby out of the ground!

Wow!! That is awesome @SweetieKaye :smiley: That's what I like about the Sims 3. After all this time I can still be surprised by it! :)
    Thanks for sharing that and the pictures :)

Matthew.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    wow @SweetieKaye! Wonder what the odds are to get a baby. That's both awesome and unsettling :lol:
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member

ooo I haven't done this yet, I didnt know you could! how do you get a dna smaple in order to get the baby?
    giphy.gif

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    edited November 2015
    You need to request a DNA sample from another sim.

Level 9 science skill.
    Level 9 - Clone From Sample - this wonderful ability allows your Sim to make a copy of any collectible they've sampled. If you use a seed sample, you'll get a fruit. This can let you, for instance, make many Life Fruit without actually planting them. It also lets you turn your Sim into a Plantsim when you clone a Forbidden Fruit seed sample. This is a big money maker when put to other uses. Clone samples of high-value gems or metals to make cash, or use the Radiation experiment on insects until you've got yourself a Plasma Bug and clone them infinitely - a Plasma Bug can be worth up to $4600. You are also able to Clone a Sim using a DNA Sample. This will give you a baby version of that Sim, which is added to your Household.
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/universitylife/science/
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Sennie wrote: »

Wow!! That is awesome @SweetieKaye :smiley: That's what I like about the Sims 3. After all this time I can still be surprised by it! :)

Matthew.

I agree, there is things from TS3 I still have never discovered :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member
    Hi everyone,

the last week I was thinking a lot and read everything I could find about GT. So I made a decision and uninstall Sims 4. It wasn't easy, because I love my sims and the cas is just fantastic. But that's it, an empty shell.
    In this thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/859849/to-those-disappointed-what-are-your-top-5-problems-grievances-with-the-sims-4#latest , @Twoeta_Bird describes perfect the way I feel and why sims 4 is not playable for me. I don't see any changes in the close future, specialy about the issues ( children in bars at night, neighborhood turning into hulks after a view visits of the gym and so on, and so on and so on.....).
    I don't wanna get call a hater, because I'm just sad and very, very disappointed. Missing content is one point, well somehow it's normal in a "new" sequel of a series, but I can't accept how they cut the players freedom.
    I reinstalled now sims 3 next to my sims 2. The stupid thing is I lost my saves games :( Well, I start new now. It takes some time. Thank god, I still have my saved sims !
    I mean sims 2 was already a kind of relaxation next to sims 4 ;) , but sims 3 shows me now one more how much I missed the creativ freedom of sims 4 !
    Just for example : I love to play in Sunset Valley, but I don't like all the palm trees there. So I just change them !
    (Nothing against palm trees by the way, but I don't wanna have them in the neighborhood my sims used to live ;) If they go on vacation, then YES. There I like them.)
    When I'm finished, after changing the trees and rebuild, Sunset Valley look more like a north-german village :p
    There I can say, I rule the game !!!

I still will follow the forum, so I would be thankful, if everbody here, who are playing sims 3 at the moment, let me know which neighborhood she/ he prefer , because I'm curious :)

I hope everything turn into a better way for you soon. I don't wanna miss you here :) And yes, I saw this in sims 4. One of the very rare moments the game show the "old humor"....

opxgs7vn.jpg
    edited November 2015
    Sennie wrote: »

Matthew.

I agree, there is things from TS3 I still have never discovered :smile:
    There are a huge amount of things I haven't tried in Sims 3. I've had this game for five years now. I don't feel I've played even half of it.

@Faridah - My favorite Sims 3 worlds are Bridgeport and Moonlight Falls.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Faridah wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

the last week I was thinking a lot and read everything I could find about GT. So I made a decision and uninstall Sims 4. It wasn't easy, because I love my sims and the cas is just fantastic. But that's it, an empty shell.
    In this thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/859849/to-those-disappointed-what-are-your-top-5-problems-grievances-with-the-sims-4#latest , @Twoeta_Bird describes perfect the way I feel and why sims 4 is not playable for me. I don't see any changes in the close future, specialy about the issues ( children in bars at night, neighborhood turning into hulks after a view visits of the gym and so on, and so on and so on.....).
    I don't wanna get call a hater, because I'm just sad and very, very disappointed. Missing content is one point, well somehow it's normal in a "new" sequel of a series, but I can't accept how they cut the players freedom.
    I reinstalled now sims 3 next to my sims 2. The stupid thing is I lost my saves games :( Well, I start new now. It takes some time. Thank god, I still have my saved sims !
    I mean sims 2 was already a kind of relaxation next to sims 4 ;) , but sims 3 shows me now one more how much I missed the creativ freedom of sims 4 !
    Just for example : I love to play in Sunset Valley, but I don't like all the palm trees there. So I just change them !
    (Nothing against palm trees by the way, but I don't wanna have them in the neighborhood my sims used to live ;) If they go on vacation, then YES. There I like them.)
    When I'm finished, after changing the trees and rebuild, Sunset Valley look more like a north-german village :p

I still will follow the forum, so I would be thankful, if everbody here, who are playing sims 3 at the moment, let me know which neighborhood she/ he prefer , because I'm curious :)

I hope everything turn into a better way for you soon. I don't wanna miss you here :) And yes, I saw this in sims 4. One of the very rare moments the game show the "old humor"....
    You will not get called names on this thread. We love all simmers here.

I don't play Sims4 but, it was a hard decision not to buy it as much as I was looking forward to a new series. I decided I didn't need the frustration of new bugs, glitches and all the missing stuff. I love Sims3 and have it modded with Nraas and love how it works now. It is a shame the original team could not do as good a job as the modders. I won't contribute more money to EA for unfinished products that modders have to fix to make playable.

My favorite worlds are Roaring Heights and Moonlight Falls. I am currently revamping RH to suit my tastes. I didn't like the high rises, but, loved the layout of the world. It will be some art deco, some victorian and gothic style, some modern and some retro...kinda like the little town I live in. I have actually found it very relaxing working in CAW as long as CAW behaves itself. I won't be sharing it as I will be using cc in most of it either patterns or stuff and eventually my mods.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Wow @SweetieKaye that's awesome :)

I'm loving my farming save. First time I've used the consignment store too lol. I've also been salvaging from the junkyard which is new to me. Theyve just had their first baby so i'll have photos soon :)

A question-does anyone have the fruit and veg stall from the store? I've not used it before but have it and could do with tips.

@Faridah if anyone calls you a 'hater' they have no right to and just show they are being ignorant and indulging in discrimination. There is zero excuse for it.
    I'm glad you are enjoying the game though :)

I feel like EA really have shot themselves in the foot. Only after I was forced out of playing TS4 did I realise the possibilities of TS3!
    Faridah wrote: »
    This is EXACTLY how a sims game should be. Lots of options so a player can play the game how they want to, not just how EA set it up to be.

Sunset Valley is still one of my favourite Sims 3 worlds. I also love Riverview, AP, MV, RH, ST and Twinbrook! Lol, so many to choose from, and I've edited all of them to be how I want them to be...
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited November 2015
    Wow @SweetieKaye that's awesome :)

I'm loving my farming save. First time I've used the consignment store too lol. I've also been salvaging from the junkyard which is new to me. Theyve just had their first baby so i'll have photos soon :)

A question-does anyone have the fruit and veg stall from the store? I've not used it before but have it and could do with tips.

@Faridah if anyone calls you a 'hater' they have no right to and just show they are being ignorant and indulging in discrimination. There is zero excuse for it.
    I'm glad you are enjoying the game though :)

I feel like EA really have shot themselves in the foot. Only after I was forced out of playing TS4 did I realise the possibilities of TS3!

:D

I have to say that I've always enjoyed TS3 but now that I know TS4 isn't for me I enjoy it and appreciate it so much more! It's also super great to not have to deal with regular patching and mod updates. Such a relief! Since they can't seem to make a game that doesn't require mods to work correctly, I'm starting to think it's best to wait to buy when a version is over. Not only do you not have to mess with constant patching any more but you can usually find it for reduced prices. ;)

Even then, I don't think I'd buy TS4 unless it was the price of a mobile app since that's the level of gameplay you get in it. It would have to really get inexpensive for me to feel it was worth it.

I have had no desire to play TS4 ever since I realized that I dislike too many things that they've put in it just as much as I miss what they left out of it. That was the tipping point for me, and why I finally gave up and went back to TS3 (where I really do rule).

Edit - forgot to mention that I'm going to make my own farm lot. It won't be as run down as the one that comes with the challenge but I created this cute little farm house based on a Sears kit home from the early twentieth century and I want to use it instead. It even has an outhouse. :D
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top