Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims donating money autonomously

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I had a sim donate 1k autonomously once a long time ago. It was half my household funds at the time. Was not impressed.

Maybe you can put the computer desk in a room with a locked door and only allow access for sims when they need it for something?
  • Options
    RaishaRaisha Posts: 129 Member
    Ugh, one of my sims just did this. I was trying to save up a thousand dollars in order to throw the wedding party. As soon as I had the amount, one of my teens went to the computer and donated it all to charity! Ugh, I was so mad. I had to get the dad to paint two more paintings in order to earn the money back and it took most of the day.
    disneysig3.jpg
    The Disney Legacy: 2/5 chapter: 3.4 Fill the World with Sunshine
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    :o Not good at all. I hope this is a bug because I'd cry if this happened.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Raisha wrote: »
    Ugh, one of my sims just did this. I was trying to save up a thousand dollars in order to throw the wedding party. As soon as I had the amount, one of my teens went to the computer and donated it all to charity! Ugh, I was so mad. I had to get the dad to paint two more paintings in order to earn the money back and it took most of the day.

Maybe the teen is trying to stop the wedding? :p
  • Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    I've had this happen a couple of times in my game too, I had no idea until I noticed the sim had a happy moodlet for donating to charity. I thought "that's odd" but didn't really think much of it at the time because luckily they weren't struggling for money. The next time I noticed was because my sim was sad because he got scammed by a charity! That was pretty funny though, poor guy. I would be pretty peeved if this happened to one of my worse-off families though!
  • Options
    MalisityMalisity Posts: 145 Member
    This happened to one of my families just yesterday. I am doing a self made challenge with rotational play so lot of my families are poor and in the process of building their houses. This particular family has only one working adult that is not in a well paying high level job yet. I had saved up the whole week to refurbish the bathroom and was not impressed when her just turned teenage son went and donated 1000 simoleons to charity. In short they did not get a refurbished bathroom that week :disappointed:
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    At a certain level of charisma skill, the donate interaction is unlocked. Since all ages can potentially end up with the skill, do any of the sims who have done it autonomously have level 4/5 charisma skill or higher?
  • Options
    Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    This happened to me last night also ! My teen sim did it! Luckily the family had enough money to spare. I didn't know until i got the notification that her large donation wouldn't go unnoticed!

And that's an excellent idea to put computers in a locked room!!!!!
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    This has happened to me in the past, it's that good trait. If I don't micromanage good sims it happens. I dont' use the trait much anymore because of this.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I wonder if this is actually intentional. I mean, Sims in our households don't autonomously spend money at stores, do they? I could have sworn a version of this where Sims were autonomously spending money via. Library computers was once fixed, but now I can't find it in the patch notes :/@SimGuruDrake could maybe find out if our Sims are meant to be autonomously donating to charity?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I think donating to charity is tied in with the charisma skill.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    PinnaclesofEmilyPinnaclesofEmily Posts: 3 New Member
    On the bright side, your sim can only spend so much...
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Quite some time ago I also had a teenage son donate $1,000 to charity. So, I don't think it's a recent thing. I believe he had some sort of popularity aspiration?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    This still drives me batty. The notification doesn't even say how much the donation was for. I wasn't watching that Sim. :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    This still drives me batty. The notification doesn't even say how much the donation was for. I wasn't watching that Sim. :/

Hello @luthienrising
    There was a simmer who posted about the issue on a thread on the AHQ EA site. Perhaps you also could post your feedback on the issue there as well.
    The link to the thread is
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sims-donating-on-their-own/m-p/4529207#M12678
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    SimGuruNick has posted about the issue on the AHQ EA site
    As far as I know, Sims should avoid doing anything autonomously that deducts household funds. So seems like a legit bug to me. We'll see what the designers think though, I've filed a report. Thank you much!