Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#PurpleDaySims - Dec. 1

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited November 2015
    Q: Who are some of the past Sims in your game that you remember with joy and affection?

Sims 2: Apollo Lopez (I think that was the last name, it's been a LONG time). He didn't die of old age. He died when the hard drive he was saved on died. I didn't have a back up. He was still a kid. But he was half alien and didn't look ugly. He had a twin, but I didn't much care for the twin. His twin's name was Jupiter.

From my Sims 2 Tortall Legacy - alphabet legacy: Cloud (gen C heiress and first alien to actually die in game), Halef (gen H heir), Inkblot (gen I heir - he had 11 kids), Joren (gen J heir), Kyprioth (gen K heir), and Marek (gen M heir). There'd be one more but he's still an elder. I really need to get back to that legacy XD

From my unpublished Sims 2 Build a City Challenge - Angela Player.

Sims 3 - Sinbad & Mira Rand - married couple from my DITFT, my founder and her husband. Atton and Carth Rand (gen 2 DITFT Sims), and Obi Wan Rand (gen 3 DITFT Sim). Not many have actually died in game in my story, only my heirs and some spares in my DITFT. Most just get themselves written as died.

When is the first time you cried at losing a Sim?

Haven't ever cried at a death. I did get really upset when my gen D heiress Daine in my Tortall legacy got scared by a ghost at the wrong time. Pregnant and starving. Thankfully her husband was home and could plead with Grim.

Had a similar experience with my gen M heir Marek, but a different cause. He overheated to the point of death on the fitness bike from FreeTime. Ever since then, I don't let Sims use it without my supervision and only if they need body points. Luckily, his wife was home.

I have only been really upset at the final deaths of Angela Player [Sims 2], Atton Rand [Sims 3], and Obi Wan Rand [Sims 3]. I don't want to talk about the Sims 3 ones as they may spoil my DITFT.

Angela Player, I will talk about. She wasn't particular pretty. She was a Romance Sim. Who filled up her LIFETIME happiness bar during her teen years (most of my Sims do that in the middle of their adult years) before she got her first kiss. The only thing she was doing was RAISING her nieces and nephews because I hit quads with the Triplets & Quads hack. And then thanks to Autonomous Casual Romance (let's them try for baby on their own), the parents of those quads went and got pregnant less than 12 hours after giving birth to the quads. She gets to have her own life about halfway through her adult life. She gets married. Has a single kid. Then has a set of quads of her own. So she lived a happy life, but didn't really do much romancing XD Mostly raising a family.

And you may post these on blog/site/where ever if you so choose.

• UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Purple Day is one week from today!

How will you celebrate?

Share your plans and ideas here! :)<3:)

I'm going to wear purple irl. Maybe have my sims wear something purple too. I might do a special chapter for my legacy...i guess it'll depend on if I have time that day.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member

How will you celebrate?

I'm going to wear purple irl. Maybe have my sims wear something purple too. I might do a special chapter for my legacy...i guess it'll depend on if I have time that day.

I'm wearing purple irl too! I've got a school day as well xD
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member

How will you celebrate?

I'll wear purple and celebrate my dad's birthday (I guess that's now a holiday) and I might do something about it for my December short story? So planning on that... but not too much more because it will be finals week, so studying.
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited November 2015
    Screenshot-1637_zps192b8666.jpg

Screenshot-1032_zps3f9cf304.jpg

I have not gotten far enough in my Sims 4 game to get to the point where a sim has died that I've become attached to. However, I did shed quite a few tears when my fave Sims 3 Sim, Nathan Jolina-Plumb, finally met the Reaper. Nathan was the grandfather of the two lovely young ladies in my current avatar. That's Nathan, who fittingly has a legacy statue in Oasis Landing.

Screenshot-119_zpse70cb182.jpg

Screenshot-853_zpsvojspno9.jpg

Nathan was quite a colorful character. A musical genius, his talent became evident very early in life, and his love of the strings carried him throughout. He was known to play any and everywhere, and at any time.

Screenshot-33_zpsm4l4xikl.jpg

The son of Jamie Jolina (of Sunset Valley) and my sim Nigel Plumb, he was the result of a one-night stand between the mismatched pair. Nigel is the elderly gent blowing the streamer, Jamie is blowing candles.

Screenshot-26_zpseui608wm.jpg

Screenshot-82_zpseub0piio.jpg

Screenshot-122_zpsafctqkym.jpg

He was as gifted in the bedroom as he was with his guitar, and he even married one of them... (the last one, Shandra, was actually my friend's sim)

bassybday_zpsrg2o1x5u.jpg

The pair had two kids together, Savannah (the blond teen, now grown) and Sebastian (the baby, also now grown).

Screenshot-20_zpss2ar6sa4.jpg

Nathan was so gifted musically that he managed to make the Reaper himself stop in his tracks with his tunes. This occurred while the Reaper came to collect his mother...

Screenshot-61%202_zpskonhconm.jpg

...with whom he'd had a difficult relationship.

Screenshot-1396_zpszyb313fk.jpg

His tale of having an audience with the Reaper is something of a family legend now. His granddaughter, Kaydence, had no problems repeating the tale to her family's then-butler, Tasha.

Of all the sims that died this is the one I was really upset about, because he was the first sim I had raised from cradle to grave, born in game and died in game, too. Though I occasionally play premades I tend to get more attached to sims that are born in game or sims that I make.

nathan_zps0orkg0uk.jpg

I made a Sims 4 version of Nathan actually with the CAS demo, a sim I have yet to play.

You can find out more about Nathan and his family by clicking the first pic on my sig and also by clicking this link. The sig pic is a blog 'narrated' by his daughter, Savannah.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

How will you celebrate?

Well for me, I've only really had sims die due to story plot. I haven't experienced a Legacy Death yet, it'll happen soon when I get back to Shea's legacy.

What I could suggest though, is that people could use my Inter-dimensional spa Zig-Zag Zen which is located smack dab in the middle of the gallery.

I used the idea of the Gallery as a crossroads of where sims go after the die, or when they dream. It's also a place where they await their next life. Here's where I introduced the idea in a small mini-series, and CT even used the idea herself during the #wheresfree saga.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member

How will you celebrate?

Well for me, I've only really had sims die due to story plot. I haven't experienced a Legacy Death yet, it'll happen soon when I get back to Shea's legacy.

What I could suggest though, is that people could use my Inter-dimensional spa Zig-Zag Zen which is located smack dab in the middle of the gallery.

I used the idea of the Gallery as a crossroads of where sims go after the die, or when they dream. It's also a place where they await their next life. Here's where I introduced the idea in a small mini-series, and CT even used the idea herself during the #wheresfree saga.

Oh, this is awesome! You just gave me a brilliant idea! Well, it's your brilliant idea, and I'm borrowing it! I suddenly got excited for Purple Day, and I was sad about it up till now!

Yay! *****happydance*****
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • PinkslinkyPinkslinky Posts: 306 Member
    Word of warning-- don't use a self-sim in a story. It's all kinds of wrong.
    Episode 7. Really, the girl can't help herself.

If anyone cares, the next update will be sometime next week as I will be busying myself first cooking, then eating.
    Ohhh! Sharing topic for today:

What ghost stories do you have? Fun, funny, touching, scary...

Please share!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    @Pinkslinky Reason #5987 why I've never played my self sim. I made one with Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4... and have never once played her.

@CathyTea Ghost stories... hmm... like I said, Haven't played enough of Sims 4 to encounter a ghost... but Nathan's daughter, Savannah, grew up to be a ghost hunter. Any wonder, when her dad had his Grim Reaper encounter?

A very recent ghost encounter occurred in my game when Nathan's granddaughter, Kaydence, went on the class field trip at school. I do suspect Kaydence might have inherited some stuff, because some crazy things keep happening to her. And she's always rolling wants to see or meet a supernatural creature. She saw her boyfriend get abducted by aliens, in addition to the incident I'm about to talk about.

Screenshot-3872_zpssmobgdl5.jpg

The class field trip to the local cemetery turned into a living history lesson, quite literally. The ghost of Jamie Jolina, family founder, appeared in broad daylight.

Screenshot-3875_zpshtbrvqjl.jpg

Upon seeing the ghost, Kaydence was ecstatic.

Screenshot-3874_zpsebtj17ml.jpg

And apparently, Jamie's ghost was just as excited to see Kaydence, too. The two had never met before this. Jamie is Kaydence's great-grandmother and Nathan's mother. She is also the grandmother of Kaydence's father, Sebastian.

Screenshot-3878_zpsamp3t36t.jpg

What do you say to your long-dead great-grandmother? What do you say to your great-grandchild?

Screenshot-3879_zps8gkmtfp5.jpg

Jamie Jolina and her great-granddaughter, Kaydence, were now face to face. The awe was evident on Kaydence's face, as she was staring at the family founder, in ghost form. "I...I've got so many questions I want to ask..." Kaydence managed to stammer before having to leave for work.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Ohhh! Sharing topic for today:

What ghost stories do you have? Fun, funny, touching, scary...

Please share!

Ghost stories? https://dust2dustsims.wordpress.com

:lol: No, but seriously. Um, one kind of interesting thing is that Evelyn's parents are buried in that little churchyard that shows up in my story. Lucas and Krystina both met them more than once haha it's kind of funny!

In TS3 I had a set of twins whose father died in a fire when they were toddlers (totally accidental!). His ghost would visit them often as they grew up. It was always so touching to me!

snvAF3B.png
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited November 2015
    Well Lee still watches over his daughter, Rhea. He pops up every once in a while.

xfvots.png

7439455d72.jpg
    @CathyTea Where can I find the Friendsgiving party? Can I get a link to it? Did I miss something?

Found time to put in an new episode today. The calm after the storm. Everyone is home from work today, laying around, still in their PJs. It was a great Thanksgiving. Super duper great since my daughter made it and she brought Cards Against Humanity with her.
    Pinkslinky wrote: »
    @CathyTea Where can I find the Friendsgiving party? Can I get a link to it? Did I miss something?

Found time to put in an new episode today. The calm after the storm. Everyone is home from work today, laying around, still in their PJs. It was a great Thanksgiving. Super duper great since my daughter made it and she brought Cards Against Humanity with her.

HI, Pinkslinky! So great that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was great, too.

We're still working on Friendsgiving. eXokamikaze has posted her part on her blog, https://ninjapigsims.wordpress.com/ . I started working on looking at all the dialogue people sent this morning, stitching the squares together in a quilt, and I'll probably start playing the party today or tomorrow. The other hosts will also likely play and post over the weekend.

We're still deciding where our overall Table of Contents page will be--probably it will be on SimSelf Adventures, https://simselfadventures.wordpress.com/ , but we haven't yet made a firm decision.

We'll be sure to announce it when it's all posted! :)

Thanks! And now I'm sure glad I gave my dialog to you and not eXokamikaze!
    *escapes work*
    We've been remembering some of our own Sims through sharing stories and picture here--who are some of the Sims of other Simmers that you've gotten to know through their stories that you remember fondly? What do you remember most about these Sims?

We've been remembering some of our own Sims through sharing stories and picture here--who are some of the Sims of other Simmers that you've gotten to know through their stories that you remember fondly? What do you remember most about these Sims?

I haven't read a lot of stories with character death, actually! But the first that comes to mind for me is Lee from @OJenn 's memoirs of a legacy! He was such a warm and sensitive soul and a wonderful narrator that was easy to love and connect with! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Just wanted to post that I will be doing a three-chapter Purple Day special in After the Wedding, starting with Chapter 13
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Just wanted to post that I will be doing a three-chapter Purple Day special in After the Wedding, starting with Chapter 13

Oh, Pegasus! I'm so excited! We'll link to it from the site!

I've been so focused on Goofy Love, but I think tonight and tomorrow morning, I'll switch the focus to Purple Day--then! Friendsgiving! When it rains...

It's almost Purple Day!

Remember...
    • Wear Purple!
    • Take photos of yourself wearing purple--and of anything purple--and tag it #PurpleDaySims
    • Share any special tribute posts you've written or Purple Day posts with us here and we'll link to them on the Purple Day Sims website.
    • Mostly, remember your Sims... and remember all the good feelings that you've had for them.
    • And remember, too, that behind every Sim is a Simmer, who also shares good feelings for his or her Sim and who, in his or her life, has lost or will lose people that are loved. When we remember our Sims, what we really do is honor those who have left and our love for them.

Melanie Ainsworth from Dust To Dust!!!! @CitizenErased14

Mel was so sweet and even towards the last few chapters with the things that happened she was so loving. And of course the smile that Lucas loved so much
    OJenn wrote: »

Melanie Ainsworth from Dust To Dust!!!! @CitizenErased14

Mel was so sweet and even towards the last few chapters with the things that happened she was so loving. And of course the smile that Lucas loved so much

Yeah, what an amazing Sim! Go, #TeamMel ! And those last chapters were so beautiful. My all-time-favorite chapter of hers was when she was talking to Christian at his tombstone, and Lucas was listening. I really fell in love with her then.

@CathyTea Do you mean the one where Lucas was talking and Mel was listening? :) Either way, it was a great moment for both characters (if I do say so myself :lol:).

Thanks for mentioning Mel, @OJenn ! She was so special. :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    @CathyTea Do you mean the one where Lucas was talking and Mel was listening? :) Either way, it was a great moment for both characters (if I do say so myself :lol:).

Thanks for mentioning Mel, @OJenn ! She was so special. :heart:

:blush: Ooosh! How funny that I remember it the other way around! Isn't there a screenshot where Mel is at the tombstone and Lucas is behind watching her? If so, I think I conflated those two moments--and if not, I must have invented a scene where Lucas hears her telling Christian how much she loves him and how she's moved on...

I'm digging back into past chapters to see what I was remembering...