Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do I need to preorder GT from Origin?

Will it guarentee me a faster download? I"ve already got the money for the pack in my EA Wallet thanks to cash cards.

Comments

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I doubt it unless it comes with a pre-load feature.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    What's the alternative you are mentioning ? Would you be taking about picking up a copy at the retailers and using the code to download. The only difference i could see is that origin is open all night and presumably has a midnight download. Unless the retailers is having a midnight pick up, there is some delay.

I don't think it's faster download per se, that depends on traffic and internet speed. It might be earlier on origin, in terms of availability.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I don't think you'll get a faster download, but it does mean, if you stay up when it's officially released, you'll be one of the first people to play it, since I'm pretty sure it releases on Origin before it does physically right?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Faster download or earlier download?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I d have to say earlier download. I ll be downloading at midnight.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm inclined to preorder in case there's a lot of load on the payment system side of Origin. I'm just waiting till the day before or so so I know I can hold to my planned day off.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    you can pre-load it.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    you can pre-load it.

When?
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    If I'm able to I will stay up late to download and preloading will be so helpful! I preloaded the main game and while it took forever, I think I only played for a little bit.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    edited November 2015
    I am hoping to get it for Xmas! So I won't even play til end of December since we do so much for the holidays.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I d have to say earlier download. I ll be downloading at midnight.

Yes, in that case, pre-ordering will be good as you don't have to key in your payment info anymore and can download straightaway. If a lot of people are buying it the moment it comes out, the payment system might be a bit slow because of the traffic, like what luthienrising said.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    you can pre-load it.

When?

opps I always thought Content Packs can be Pre-loaded, but nope it's only for the base game.

39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg