Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #25 - SUMMER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

I realise that we are now well into Autumn now and I apologise for the time it has taken to get these results back to you.

@Unfug013
    Great exterior, the sunflowers as the inspiration really shine through. The natural green colours on the outside of the home really help this home blend in with it’s surroundings. You have made some great use of the terrain painting tools, the pathway and patio look fabulous. And I just love how you have painted those sunflowers, such a wonderful addition to this home. You have had some really great ideas when it came to your outside planting, I especially like the plant bed under the trees to the rear of the build. I can tell that you put a great deal of thought into your layout, the additional walls you have added really help section the home, without making the build feel cramped. Your interiors work really well, I was wondering if that large amount of yellow would become overbearing, but the way you have paired it with the flooring and furnishings, it works really well. The little areas you have incorporated into the overall layout are wonderful, such as the coat and boot storage near the front door and the study area. You really have an exceptional eye for object placement. You have made some really great object choices. Your presentation is well thought out and executed.

Constructive Criticism: I wonder had you used a slightly textured wall coating for the green area of the exterior if it would have looked a little more natural. Some of your rooms feel a little on the large size in comparison to the objects you have placed in them, a little more clutter may have helped them feel a little less lost.

@Zita1966z
    What a great inspirational object, I would never have thought to use a flooring tile as inspiration. The idea of popping the house on an ‘island’ is brilliant and very well executed. The exterior wall coverings help the house blend into its environment. Your plant placement is brilliant and you have made some good use of the terrain painting tools. The raised gazebo for the hot tub is a wonderful addition. The interior decorating is good, and you have a good eye for object placement. You have also made some really great use of floor rugs, they help the home feel warm, with the cooler colours in the decor.

Constructive Criticisms:
    I think, I would have stuck to the brown rocks for the exterior landscaping, the grey ones seem a little out of place. There seems to be a lot of clutter in this home, it makes some of the rooms feel almost claustrophobic. In my opinion, a little less would have helped the house feel less cramped. The decorating style feels vastly different from the modern sleek downstairs pieces you chose to the very wooden traditional furniture place in the bedrooms.

@Issabella14
    I can totally see how your object inspired this build. Your exterior wall treatments really help cement that oriental feel. And wow, that landscaping, incredible use of the platforms to make those raised flower beds, and great use of the terrain painting tools as well. Your planting placements are awesome and I adore the outside lounge area, inspired idea! The interior decor fits well with the theme, great use of different coloured woods to help define areas. I love the way you used columns and shelves to help with this as well.

Constructive criticism: I’m not too sure about why you added the sculpture of the child with the umbrella where you did, it seems a little out of place.

@masajo
    Your inspirational object has certainly turned out to be very ‘inspirational’. The exterior of this house is truly sublime, your choice of exterior treatments work incredibly well with the style of the house, and I think those slightly rounded roof pieces look fabulous. Your landscaping is awe inspiring, it looks and feels incredibly natural, the sandy terrain paints with that light soil colour help it to become part of the build. You made some really great planting choices. Your outdoor living areas are well planned and executed and the use of that spandrels to help make the gazebo works really well. Your interiors are decorated well, with a great colour palette that helps the whole home feel cohesive. You have also made some really interesting object choices and your use of MOO is natural and well thought out.

Constructive Criticism:
    I had to think hard about coming up with constructive criticism for this build. The grey rocks you have used for the landscaping don’t seem to blend in as well as the sandy coloured ones. Also, and this is a very nit-picky thing, the slideshow could have done with being better organised, it seemed to flit about a bit.

@WrathofCath
    Your use of the Origami Tree Luminaries to create this fairy tale themed home was such a clever idea, and wow did you nail it! The exterior of this place looks like is has been plucked from a Hans Christian Anderson story. Your exterior treatments work really well to help with the natural theme and that roofline is just amazing. Your landscaping looks incredibly natural and helps the home blend into its surrounding. You made some really great plant choices and some absolutely amazing use of the terrain painting tools. I have to admit I stared at your swimmable pond and waterfall with total awe. Your interiors work just as well as your landscaping, the palette you chose helped to define that natural woodsy feel and your use of MOO has helped you create some really fantastic pieces. I love that you have included so many skilling objects in this beautiful home.

Constructive Criticism: I truly struggled to find an area in which I thought that this build could be improved, my only minor word of advice is that the dresser in the girls room seems to take over the space a little too much, had you not used that arch, I think it would have fitted in a lot more naturally.

@Rostri-Jodu

Wow, what an inspirational piece and what a truly out of this would build!!The exterior of this build looks incredible, with some really creative wall treatments and window choices and that totally alien landscaping. Although alien looking, the landscaping does look natural and not forced, which is a real achievement with this style of build. Your imagination must have been working overtime when it came to the interior of this place, it really looks like some sort of research station from the far reaches of the galaxy. The colour palette you have chosen works well throughout the build and you have made some really great use of MOO. Your object choices are brilliant they totally help build the feel of futuristic space exploration. And you have made some great choices when it comes to object placement as well. I am pleased that you managed to work in so many skilling objects.

Constructive Criticism: The gaming area feels a little overpowered by that huge police badge on the wall, it really seems out of place and I think that the room would have been fine without it. And your spa area feels really quite cluttered with all those robes and towels, maybe if you’d had them on just two of the walls, it would feel more relaxing. Also, I would have liked to have seen somewhere for your Sims to sit outside and appreciate the wonderful landscaping you provided for them

@Kementari

I can totally see how your inspirational object provided the background for this truly beautiful build. Your exterior looks perfect with the dark wall treatments and white features. The landscaping is amazing, you have made some truly wonderful plant choices and your use of MOO out here is fantastic. Also, your use of the terrain painting tools is really well done. The outdoor living spaces are well designed and fit well with the style of the home. Your interior palette choices are lovely and really help the whole build feel incredibly cohesive, you have made some great object choices and your placement works well throughout. Good job including some skill building objects, without making them feel out of place.

Constructive Criticism: My only piece of advice to you would be to try and tone down the window drapes in that first bathroom, to me they feel overpowering and a little too flouncy to be considered classic and elegant.

The winner of this challenge is....... @WrathofCath

2nd Place goes to @Issabella14

3rd Place goes to @Kementari
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Congrats to the winners!!
    Everybody made a great work :smiley:
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Thanks @BuildnShare for the great review and my 2nd place. :) Congrats to @WrathofCath for the win and @Kementari for placing. <3:) Well done to all the entries, they where all amazing. <3:)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @WrathofCath WOW! Three first place wins in a row! :smiley::star::star:
    Congratulations on winning the challenge! I really love you entry! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many congratulations to all the Winners, this challenge produced amazing work from everyone :) Big thank you @BuildnShare for the feedback, much appreciated and all taken on board :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Wow! Such a nice surprise! All of the entries were Fabulous and it must have been a tough decision. Thank you for the feedback @BuildnShare and for coming up with these awesome challenges. :blush:

Thank you also to @Issabella14 and @RyeCris16 for the congrats! Very sweet of you :kissing_heart:<3

Congratulations to @Issablella14 and @Kementari! :smile::star::star::star:
    Wow! Such a nice surprise! All of the entries were Fabulous and it must have been a tough decision. Thank you for the feedback @BuildnShare and for coming up with these awesome challenges. :blush:

Thank you also to @Issabella14 and @RyeCris16 for the congrats! Very sweet of you :kissing_heart:<3

Congratulations to @Issablella14 and @Kementari! :smile::star::star::star:

Thanks @WrathofCath. <3:)
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #29 - THE LADY IN WHITE

@mommataurus2

Blanche and Beyond Estate is a mighty impressive build, wonderfully formal and stately. The exterior finishes contrast well and your choice and design of windows, together with the balconies, add great elegance and decorative effect to the build. The symmetry of this grand estate is mirrored in the landscaping, giving a lovely formal appearance. The interior design is truly outstanding with wonderful pops of vibrant colour throughout providing lots of interest. Great use of MOO, love the coffee table design! Each room is furnished and decorated to a high standard, in particular the well stocked kitchen and the gorgeous music room, great idea to provide cobwebs in the Mausoleum!

Suggestions: As we judge primarily on the slideshow it is important to provide overhead shots of each floor so we can see the overall layout, a shot of the whole site and one with the roof up in order to see the roof structure. It is also good to see views of each elevation. At this level we do expect each picture to be titled. Also, watch the budget, unless otherwise stated this includes the lot cost plus the Gallery cost.

@kezflake

Our Eternal is a very unique and wonderful design, almost half Tudor and half historical, certainly providing lots of interest to the eye. Excellent choice and combination of exterior finishes and glazing for this traditional build with some beautiful landscaping, the rocks and plants look amazing at the left side. Felt very peaceful viewing your Mausoleum, could actually sense the quietness here! The interior layout has been greatly thought out with all rooms being spacious and easily accessible. You have created a great sense of formal elegance within this build with your choice of decoration and furnishings, the soft palette flows beautifully throughout.

Suggestions: Take your pics in live mode to avoid the white line around the lot and make sure you title all the shots. Regarding the roofing, I would have taken the front hipped section further back to blend in with the main gable and possibly lowered the height to suit. You have created wonderful work with the interior rooms, which I feel could be greater enhanced with more pictures on walls, curtains and decorative objects.

The Winner of this challenge is.......
    @kezflake
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats @kezflake !! :star:

You and @mommataurus2 made a wonderful work <3
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    Thank you very much @BuildnShare , I apologise for the poorly organised gallery too.
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #26 - The novelist

First of all, very sorry for the late feedback! I'm trying to catch up!

@Issabella14

Lovely modern build. With an interesting layout.
    Gorgeous view from the bedroom! I woudn’t mind having that in real life!
    A tip: The study seems really dark. I did notice you placed some buy de bug lights and a few fixtures. But because the study has no windows to the outside, I would place a few more to light it up some more.
    My favourite feature however is the pool area you created. I love how you go from the inside to the deck, and still have the pool on the outside, great idea!
    Gallery link

@wrathofcath

Great modern build with some contemporary twists.
    Smart use of the enlargement and move objects on cheats.
    Having the layout ‘upside down’ gives great privacy and also utilizes the view, good decision.
    The whole interior works well together.
    A tip: The text mentioned a slight gothic style in clothing. The interior might feel a little too romantic for that. But it was not a demand, so it was just a side note ;)
    Loved the way you used the doors as if they were open to really welcome in the view. AweSim.
    Gallery link

The Winner of this challenge is.......
    @WrathofCath
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #27 - RYUNOTEN, ATTORNEYS AT LAW

@mommataurus2
    What a regal and legal looking office building! Love the abstract “scales of justice” sculpture on the roof (good use of the enlargen cheat). Mrs. Ryunoten’s office is very serene and lovely. . Good use of the multi-height cabinets behind the desk. The black cabinets make Mr. Ryunoten’s office very striking. Love the law library. Great view of the city from the rooftop entertaining area.

Suggestions: The reception area did not quitematch the richness of the rest of the building. Build smaller to make furniture fill the space better and leave room in the budget for more decorative touches.

@Issabella14
    Great use of the contrasting colors and textures on the exterior. Love the use of different height walls to create roof interest. This is looking like a very distinguished office building from the exterior. The offset entrance adds more interest to the front entry. Great reception area – very elegant. Love the conference room. Nice his and hers offices. Lovely bar area upstairs.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen as much detail in the upstairs offices as in the reception area.

@masajo
    Loving this from the exterior! The choice of greenery and flowers for the landscaping is lovely. Cute architecture. Nice use of contrasting textures on the sidings. The reception area is feminine yet not overly so. Very elegant. The dark purple on the sofa is not easy to use, but you’ve pulled it off nicely with plenty of neutrals in the background. Nice contrast between the two offices. Love the upstairs floor plan, including the rooftop entertaining area. The uses for the small suite and kitchenette are innumerable in a space like this one.

Suggestions: You might have tried a little more defined terrain paint or flooring for the car park area.

@Zita1966z
    Lovely front entry. Nice use of diagonal walls to create a dramatic entryway. Good landscaping details – love the raised planters you created. The upstairs roof deck is gorgeous and elegant. Love the little kitchenette nook for the employees. The interior spaces are nicely planned and decorated. Lovely office areas with decorative touches to please each of the Ryunontens.

Suggestions: The reception area was not quite as elegant as the office areas. Work on continuity. Show more interior pics from different angles inside.

The Winner of this Challenge is ....

@masajo !
    Congratulations @masajo, well done. :) Thanks for the feedback @BuildnShare. :) Reason for offices not so detailed. I ran out of time and budget. :)
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS28 TECHNO... WHAT

@masajo

Very modern looking apartment. I think that suits the needs for a tech savvy person like Tashira perfectly. Loving the landscaping, it’s very well done. The layout works well and I like that you have used pink as an accent, it’s very subtle but appropriate for the build.

Suggestions: I missed a computer for Tashira to write and make her vlogs. Though it wasn’t specified it needed to be a pc, it did make sense to me. The build seems a little grown up for a teen though.

@AIRIS6962
    The exterior of this place looks great, you did a great job of making the shop front. The interior is well thought out and you have made some really great use of MOO, that divider for the dining table, to allow it to be used as a desk as well is amazing.

Suggestions: I know that the budget was tight with this one, but I feel that some curtains would have helped the place feel more homely, especially as it is above a shop.

SIM:
    Tashira looks fab! Loving the eyeshadow and the pink feather earrings. Would have been nice to learn what traits and aspirations she had though.

ROOM:
    Such a lovely little balcony area! I can see Tanisha watching the sun go down, over the top of her laptop that is ;)

@Cerrydd
    This place is just lovely! The unusual architecture really suits the brief and the roof lines look awesome. I like that you have used pink, but not everywhere, it gives some contrast to the build. The layout works well and I am amazed at what you managed to include for the budget. Your object placement is well thought out as are your object choices.

Suggestions: Really struggled to find anything that you could have improved upon in this build, my only slight suggestion would have been to use a different flooring in the kitchen, those tiny square tiles make the room feel smaller than it is.

The Winner is.....

@Cerrydd
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS29 THE LADY IN WHITE

@masajo
    Oh my, what a lovely home you have built for Lady Blanche. The architecture is very traditional, and I love the use of those spandrels. Your layout works incredibly well, you can tell that you put a lot of thought into it. Your object placement is perfect as are your object choices. The addition of the basement servants quarters is ingenious and those cobwebs are a wonderful touch. The palette you have chosen is inspired and fits the brief exceptionally well. The mausoleum is another great touch, the landscaping around it is lovely and the interior is so opulent, yet elegant, I can totally see it as somewhere Lady Blanche would like to store her husband’s remains.

Suggestions: Some of the artwork feels a little too ‘full on’ for someone like Augusta, the colours, just a little too bright in comparison to the rest of the muted palette.

@AIRIS6962
    The architecture of this home is just lovely. The pale exterior wall coverings really help the home blend into it’s surroundings. The landscaping looks lovely, and you have made some really great use of the terrain painting tool. Your layout works well, and you have a good eye for object choices and placement. The interior of the mausoleum is wonderful, so elegant and the landscaping that surrounds it helps with that well-tended feel.

Suggestions: The palette you have chosen feels a little chaotic to me, there doesn’t seem to be a sense of flow from one room to the next and although I loved the mausoleum itself, that slightly curved, almost Mediterranean roofline, doesn’t blend in at all with the architecture of the rest of the home.

The Winner is...

@masajo
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats to the winners ! Well done @Cerrydd and @masajo !! :)

Thank you so much for the feedback @BuildnShare :)

Suggestions: I know that the budget was tight with this one, but I feel that some curtains would have helped the place feel more homely, especially as it is above a shop.

It´s a personal fault LOL I don´t have many curtains in my home in RL ( My son and I are allergic to dust mites ) so I tend to forget them LOL And those curtains in TS4 don´t like to me because the awful colors :grimace:

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Big thank you for all the wonderful feedback @BuildnShare really appreciate your wise words :)
    Many thanks for the congrats @AIRIS6962 and @BreeMiles very kind of you :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited December 2015
    Expert Results for #BnS 30 - Ryunoten, Attorneys at Home

@6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA
    Such a lovely traditional home. The exterior colour you have chosen works well to help it tie into it’s surroundings and the roofline is adorable with those sweet little gables. I can tell that you put a lot of thought into your layout and it works really well. You have a good eye for object choice and placement. Your palette helps the build feel cohesive throughout.

Suggestions: The landscaping feels a little flat, what you do have looks great, but it looks very basic, there is a lot of plain open space. the build feels like it is lacking a little soul, a little more clutter around the place might have helped it feel a little more lived in. Remember as an Expert builder, we expect a little more from you in terms of presentation, try to order your slideshow, so that it feels more like a tour of the home than just random pictures.

@masajo
    Such a lovely low country style home. The exterior wall treatments look lovely and help the build tie in with it’s surroundings. The roofline is extremely well thought out, and the landscaping is adorable, you have made great use of the terrain painting tool and such great choices when it comes to plant choices to reflect the style of your home. The home is well laid out and the palette helps it flow. The little half wall partitioned spaces are such a cute addition and you have the perfect amount of clutter to help the home feel lived in without being overpowering.

Suggestions: I didn’t see a pool, as part of the brief, this means that you are unable to get full marks for following the brief. Personally, I don’t think that the green rug in that lounge fits with the muted palette you have chosen through the rest of the build.

@AIRIS6962
    From what I can see of this home, it looks lovely, the palette is soft, yet not girly and the layout works well. Your landscaping is lovely and natural and really helps the build blend into its location. That swimmable pond is a great addition.

Suggestions: It’s a pity that we didn’t get to see more of the build, the limited slideshow made it quite difficult to get a real feel for this build. I think that you could have done more with the roofline, that is quite an expansive central piece and it looks quite basic.

And the winner is....

@6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA

I would like to note that this was a really tough challenge to judge, everyone had some points deducted either for missing things from the brief or for their slideshows.

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations @6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA!! You made it great :)

Absolutly agree with your feedback, @BuildnShare !! I made this house in the very last day and I was in a hurry, and that´s not good to get a very well done work ;)
  • 6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA Posts: 142 Member
    thanks @AIRIS6962, and thanks @BuildnShare for hosting this lovely competition, although it was a shame only 3 people entered, I would have loved to see more entries
    Many congratulations @6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA this is a very well deserved win :)
    Thank you very much @BuildnShare for your great advice, oops about the pool I don't know how I missed it in the brief :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Starting Out Results for #BnS 31 - Fall Designer Showdown

@VIRTUALEE

Your choice of inspiration object, ‘Passion’s Kiss’, has brought about a gorgeous whimsical style build, together with wonderful cottage style planting. The colour of this pink flower bush has also followed through into the interior design providing beautiful pastel shades making the rooms light, airy and very cheery looking. The layout of the rooms is good and you have certainly displayed many building skills here including MOO, enlarged objects and raised items.

Suggestions: The exterior textures look a little bland to me, I would suggest using deeper contrasting shades to enable the build to stand out more and shine. Regarding the presentation we do like to see overhead shots of each floor in order to see the layout clearly and also an overhead shot of the roof up to see the rooflines.

@popettypop2012

Sunny Sunflower Home is a gorgeous cottage with wonderful contrasting exterior textures giving the build a very distinct appearance. The darker roof trims frame the build well and the sunny and colourful planting add to the beauty. It’s good to see you have carried the yellow and brown colour scheme indoors providing the whole interior with a warm, sunny and cheery feel. The ‘Dear Old Grandfather Clock’ has been a perfect inspiration object for this home creating a classic and timeless design.

Suggestions: I feel the decks could use a little more furniture or decoration, for instance maybe add seating and/or plants in these areas. With regard to the slideshow we do like to see overhead shots of each floor and with the roof up in order to see the layout and rooflines.

The Winner is...

@popettypop2012

GArBA5W.jpg
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Yay @popettypop2012 !!! Congrats on a job well done!! Thanks @BuildnShare for the feedback it means alot!
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @BuildnShare Thank you so much for your feedback. I will definitely take your suggestions to heart. I am still a beginner so your comments are really helpful to me.
    @Virtualee Thanks for the congrats and I think you did an awesome job as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top