Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 4x4 Challenge for Sims 3

Comments

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Mulecat wrote: »
    i like the idea of this challenge. here in the US we have a tv program called tiny house hunters that i like to watch. it always amazes me how many things they can get into a small space. even though im "late to the party" i will be starting this challenge tomorrow :)

one question i have is can we make it more than 1 story high from the start? i was thinking of doing a loft for my bed using the ladder from IP that goes on houseboats.

You could try, but you are restricted to 16 squares, unless you start with a 5x5, I would see it more doable with a 5x5. I may try a few set ups with lofts and see how it goes.

My youngest son who is 13 loves watching Tiny House Hunters and Tiny House Nation, they are both very addicting shows! I'm writing up a challenge about living in a non expandable tiny house, but it may be for only my use. I have thought of doing a whole town with only 5x5 or 6x6 houses for singles or pairs and 10x10 for families.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    @Minx - that face!! lol I hope life is good to poor Jasper.

@Mulecat - no worries about late - we'd love to see how you do with this challenge - post pictures! (we love pictures)

@Charlottesmom - glad to hear you are getting the computer woes straightened out.

OK - update time. Now... I kinda messed up here but I'm going to rectify it. Nichol is a writer and her weekly income is near $20,000. So, she got her weekly income, already had funds so it brought her to nearly $30,000. So ok, time for two expansions. Then her relationship with Kearney fast-tracked and I married them. And THEN I did the expansions - since couples need $20,000, I should have only done one. I was, unfortunately, so caught up in building and decorating that I completely forgot that... so... I will be wasting the money for the second expansion in order to stay within the rules. That being said... PICTURES!

Nichol had to go into town to complete an opportunity - don't really remember what it was - and who did she run into? Her stalkerlove, Kearney.
    22649901924_2e8fc979e7_b.jpg

Although finding it strange that he just "happened" to be on the same lot... Nichol and Kearney had a look at the stars and enjoyed each other's company
    23195670081_52f30f6c71_b.jpg

The flirting and kissing was non-stop
    22649880004_2200c2e8a4_b.jpg

So you know what happened next
    23252164656_fc6e103ca9_b.jpg

The next day the flirting and kissing continued unabated (and unprompted)
    22651154353_05048738cd_b.jpg

So I figured it was time... NO! Not ANOTHER bathroom proposal
    23170086872_1b3ed620f7_b.jpg

That's better
    22982433280_647e722af5_b.jpg

Then more flirting and kissing ensued. Jeez, get a room. Nichol says "exactly what I had in mind"
    22982396180_7a4a72860e_b.jpg

With Great-Aunt Matilda looking on and giving her blessing, they decided to tie the knot right away
    23170031142_23a6dc9303_b.jpg

House expansion commences (not my best picture but... oh well)
    23195568731_df949ae4b4_b.jpg

Dancing commences
    23169992052_914e1011b7_b.jpg

And then Nichol aged up to Adult. Kearney has 178 days before he is an adult. Didn't really think that one through. lol
    Hope there aren't too many pictures - I got carried away. :smile:
    @Surreal, they are sooo cute together! Great Pictures!! I often yell at my sims to "get a room!" So I chuckled when you mentioned it. :smiley:
  • Sookie_54Sookie_54 Posts: 429 Member
    I've been creeping on this post while playing my 4x4
    I don't do many challenges but I love this one. :)
    @Surreal I love your picture stories.
    I tend to get bored easily, so I'm happy to say I'm still enjoying this challenge very much. Part of that is the fact that it's very straightforward... no need to keep a huge ruleset in mind (not to say I don't enjoy those but I have to be in the mood for it) - it is relaxing. The other part is that rather than being the Simon Legree I usually am with my simmies, I've been allowing them to dictate what they would like to do - it's been fun watching them. These two can't get enough of each other - always flirting and smooching. I usually strictly dictate this kind of stuff because I'd rather see them skilling and improving than woohooing - so, the smooching is unprompted - Nichol on her own initiated woohoo in the armoire thingie in their bedroom - forget the name of it - Aurora something? The dancing was unprompted - they're cute.
    Speaking of sitting back and letting them do what they want: I did a challenge once where you create 8 sims of different ages and genders, any traits you like. You throw them all in a big house and keep your hands off them, I had 3 YA males, 2 YA females, 1 adult female with 2 kids a teen girl and a baby girl. The only rule is you do not touch them. If they want to do something dumb like play the guitar all day and not eat so be it. I learned a lot doing that challenge and it was super fun! Found out my males were super at caring for the baby while the females were rather disappointing.
    You didn't control even one of them? I'm not sure if that sounds awesome or horrifying - lol

I find that unless the females have specific family-oriented traits, they don't really live up to the title of Mother of the Year so... I may have to try this out to see what happens. Nooo! Another challenge. I have to get back to the NIF one first.
    Surreal wrote: »
    You didn't control even one of them? I'm not sure if that sounds awesome or horrifying - lol

I find that unless the females have specific family-oriented traits, they don't really live up to the title of Mother of the Year so... I may have to try this out to see what happens. Nooo! Another challenge. I have to get back to the NIF one first.

Not a one! Gotta keep your grubby little hands OFF the keyboard! The control freak in me was doubting I would EVER be able to do a challenge like that, the mom in me was horrified by the dang females (the mother had nurturing but not family oriented), but pleasantly suprised by the guys (mostly my beloved Simon, my all time favorite vampire), he had absolutely no family traits at all. You may get them jobs at the beginning but that is it. I only played for 2 real days as I wanted to make an offshoot, which never came to fruition. It was fun for those to RL days though. I actually got tons of non-everyday cleaning done those two days, got a closet cleaned, blankets washed, and fishtanks cleaned because I didn't watch them every second I was playing.. :smiley:
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    dx1965 wrote: »
    With my 2nd attempt at 4by4 challenge I earned about 50k picking up sunshine.
    I purchased new town so maybe I will try again over the holidays in Monte Vista

So, I've been reading up on picking sunshine and this comes from the gardening stations, right? I set one of those on the community lot that has the garden but haven't spent any time seeing what all it does since I keep being side-tracked by a lot of other things. Now I'm glad you posted because if it can produce money at that rate I'll at least avoid that aspect of it as being too cheaty. Since I now have a considerable amount of store content I'm finding a number of objects that are way over-powered. There are times when I don't mind that kind of thing but I avoid them when playing challenges.

I have to say having lived in a 400-square-foot house with two kids for four years then in 500 square feet for another couple of years unless it would only be two of us I wouldn't be too keen on doing that again. The second small dwelling was much better laid out so it was a huge improvement but it wasn't enough space. I need room for all the things, like an area to store canning supplies and the resulting jars of food, room for freezers, lots of cupboards for my pans and small kitchen appliances, someplace to keep all my crafty stuff and my books. In the years of living in those small abodes I felt like I didn't have a life. I have a lot of stuff now I need to get rid of but my kitchen by itself is almost as big as some of those mini-homes and we could easily use a kitchen twice the size of this one. Fortunately Sims don't have these real-life requirements and I've played families with multiple children in fairly small houses. Sometimes it's easier to get a good lay-out in a small house than it is in a larger one. I wouldn't want to build a lot of 4x4 or 5x5 houses for Sims I'm not playing, though, without fully play-testing the houses since they can end up with routing problems.

As it turned out yesterday I ended up spending most of the time I was playing building Yogi's add-on and it didn't at all go as I intended because she had already rolled wishes to buy certain things and since I'm trying to get enough points for a Collection Helper I couldn't disappoint her, right? I declare, I feel so lost without one of those that if I'm not playing a challenge I cheat my Sim enough points in order to buy one right off the bat. Without further adieu:

Here's the picture of the outside I forgot the last time.
    Yogi-Tea08a_zps0drsjazd.jpg

When I left Yogi she was at The Arcade and had invited Octo over (which I mentioned in the last update). I decided to see what happened when she gave him a bouquet of flowers. I guess any giving of flowers is a romantic gesture and not just red ones? That seems odd but okay.
    Yogi-Tea09_zpshrl8rama.jpg

Octo doesn't seem to mind at all and started flirting with her.
    Yogi-Tea10_zps1c98zrxb.jpg

After Yogi got home she kept wanting to go to bed (what is it with Sims in that just because it's night they think they should go to bed, never mind they aren't tired?) but judging by her energy meter I sent her to work in her garden to plant some new stuff. It's coming along nicely.
    Yogi-Tea11_zpsrtcjc3of.jpg

I went ahead and let Yogi go to bed after the gardening and the next morning while she slept this guy just showed up on her lawn and stared at her house for the longest time. I don't have a clue who/what he is, just that his name is CJ Quick and I've seen him from time to time. At least he had the sense to wear an outfit that's not an eyesore.
    Yogi-Tea12_zpswdavqhms.jpg

I saw him start to take off so I watched him and he got in this and drove off?
    Yogi-Tea13_zpsujueh8s4.jpg

We started in on the house as soon as Yogi got up. I sent her out to the garden to be out of my way. I decided it should be fair to put the sunflower in her garden since it would take up space otherwise used by plants and she really likes it!
    Yogi-Tea15_zpsnuu8kjwu.jpg

I had a hard time trying to spend down the money she had on that itty bitty upgrade so she got a dragon egg. I also decided she could keep the Mysterious Mr. Gnome since she had such a nice windfall.
    Yogi-Tea14_zpsjjlcfxuh.jpg

The addition is kind of strange, in that I made sure to stick to 16 tiles (aside from the useless half-tiles created by the other useless half-tiles in the main room). I think it's pretty obvious some of the things that had stacked up on Yogi's shopping list. The box was on my shopping list since her inventory was filling way too fast.
    Yogi-Tea17_zpscladvaht.jpg

Here's the basic overall of the house so far. She also got to have a computer to keep this time.
    Yogi-Tea16_zpsb13dxkwp.jpg

And this time I remembered the roof!
    Yogi-Tea19_zpssnnj64qb.jpg

I was loathe to let so much money go to waste so I dug a pond and landscaped around it.
    Yogi-Tea20_zpsgudhd9fj.jpg

I even remembered to have her talk to the dragon egg about the weather three or four times. Meet Broccoli!
    Yogi-Tea23_zpslovrf6aq.jpg

AND working on martial arts skills at the local Phitness Center.
    Yogi-Tea21_zpsqwfwppdd.jpg

Maybe next time I'll get to do what I want with the house, or Yogi might have other plans. She does currently have a wish to go on a date with Octo so who knows what will happen?
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    Just a word of warning on the Plants vs Zombies plant and picking up sunshine, I have read that if Vampires try to pick up the sunshine they can
    DIE!! I needless to say have not tested the theory! Also if you have the greenhouse you get tons of the P vs Z sunflowers spurting sunshine EVERYWHERE also there a megaloads of seed spawners around the greenhouse, I had Connor out picking up everything for hours! It's money heaven at the greenhouse!
    @BSIRegina, The people in the tiny home shows go down to 250 square feet sometimes! that would drive me bananas!! We lived in a 1,000 sq ft house with 3 kids (11, 9 and almost 3 years old) plus a dog-Golden Retriever, African Grey parrot, 5 parakeets, a cat, and a bunny (indoor). needless to say it was cramped but I personally loved it, it was cozy. The husband decided we needed bigger, we are now in a 2,800 sq foot waste of space! It is way too big for my liking (and cleaning takes way longer) we are technically down to 2 kiddos because my eldest lives at college and is only home for vacations and summer. Still have the doggie (my Charlotte sweety!), African Grey Parrot (who is 19 years old and still young!), 1 ratty, Stewie my bunny, 5 parakeets and a myriad of fish. Looking forward to downsizing a little an about 5 years.
    edited November 2015
    Just a word of warning on the Plants vs Zombies plant and picking up sunshine, I have read that if Vampires try to pick up the sunshine they can
    DIE!! I needless to say have not tested the theory! Also if you have the greenhouse you get tons of the P vs Z sunflowers spurting sunshine EVERYWHERE also there a megaloads of seed spawners around the greenhouse, I had Connor out picking up everything for hours! It's money heaven at the greenhouse!

Is that the greenhouse from the store? I don't have that placed in Bellatrix so I'll avoid it since there are a few vampires there and I don't want them to end up dead. The Garden lot is set to no visitors allowed and the P v Z sunflower is inside of Yogi's locked garden.

Even in my other saves I'm not big on exploiting money makers unless it's something that ties into the family's story or sometimes I just want a starting Sim to have more than a Sim usually starts with but that's only occasionally. I don't mind a once in a while windfall like the claw machine gave Yogi but it's so much more rewarding for me overall for them to somehow work for their money.

Our house is around 1800 square feet and if I could gut it and redesign the inside it'd be a lot more efficiently designed than it is but that's not an option. All of our children live with us, including the two in their adult years but they each have rooms that aren't part of the main house (we built those rooms as an addition to the old 900-square-foot dwelling we had and when we tore that down we left them since they were new). The house has three bedrooms, one of which is our son's, one is the room we keep computers and a bunch of other junk in and then of course our bedroom. None of the bedrooms are very big. Now that I remember it, if you go to my page on the Exchange you can download what's a reasonable approximation of our house.
    BSIRegina wrote: »

Is that the greenhouse from the store? I don't have that placed in Bellatrix so I'll avoid it since there are a few vampires there and I don't want them to end up dead. The Garden lot is set to no visitors allowed and the P v Z sunflower is inside of Yogi's locked garden.

Even in my other saves I'm not big on exploiting money makers unless it's something that ties into the family's story or sometimes I just want a starting Sim to have more than a Sim usually starts with but that's only occasionally. I don't mind a once in a while windfall like the claw machine gave Yogi but it's so much more rewarding for me overall for them to somehow work for their money.

Yup it's the greenhouse from the store. :smile: I realllllly want to try seeing if the vampire dieing is true, I can just throw a copy of Simon or Vladimere at one of them.

I used to be a huge motherloder, I would go through town and motherlode each house!
  • dx1965dx1965 Posts: 335 Member
    edited November 2015
    I got the greenhouse forgot the name,its nice build. I am still exploring it.
    The sunflowers are great that how I made lot of my money in last few 4by4 attempts but problem is I keep spending it on fences, lighting, counters, fish bowls. I wanted share my builds I am not if its cheating what I am doing but I find having big porch with outside shower and kitchen helpful.
    In my Monte Vista world I just got, which sadly the "tea table" didn't show up in I started with a 4 by 4 space with large porch with the pretty porch type fences and used the terrain textures to save money.
    My Sim had only 16,000 to spend.
    I got the smallest and cheapest, smallest lot in Monte Vista for I think 1200
    I used 4x4 bathroom premade room, redecorated it and added large bowl.
    I got six fishbowls, few electronic items and lots of sunflowers.
    I have earned about 30k from just collecting sunshine.
    I did something interesting with texture I was hoping to share but I can't figure it out.
    The first texture styles I set I intentionally chose a texture that makes everything look dirty and old.
    A whole lot of plans are dying or wilted even though he worked very hard on it and is level 7 in gardening.
    And my plan is with texturing and whatever I can afford to make it look like he is cleaning up the place.
    The first day was a fire, second day he was robbed and he went to the library and saw a ghost levitating chairs and toys.
    He went to public pizzeria and cook whole lot.
    Weird thing he could take any left overs, they just don't allow it.
    I had interesting surprise, hope isn't a mistake but Origin believe I have Late Night and High end studio pack so I am downloading. I don't remember purchasing it, perhaps it came with Sims 3 digital version but I didn't get until now.
    @dx1965 if your plants are dieing get a sprinkler, it is in the outdoor section, they are lifesavers!
    @dx1965 yeah, placing the furniture outside of the house is a cheat. I'd say from the way you describe your playing of this challenge you're pretty much cheating all the way through it. :lol: I admit I have a hard time playing without getting at least a little cheaty at times but I try to keep those kind of things within the spirit of a challenge.

You say the plants in the garden are wilting. Have they been watered? That's one thing I forgot to say about Yogi Tea. I bought a sprinkler for her garden so she no longer has to hand water everything. Try clicking on the wilting plants and see if there's an option to "tend garden" and select it. It's what I always use so everything aside from fertilizing that needs done gets done.

@Charlottesmom I use the freerealestate cheat when moving in Sims I'm not playing so they can afford housing. Their starting cash just stays in their inventory and with Twallan's Story Progression if multiple Sims are living in a house sometimes one or more will take that money and move out on their own. I had downloaded a brother and sister pair from MTS and put them in Bellatrix and the next thing I knew the brother had bought his own place and moved into it.

I've got to try something different in my game today. For whatever reason I'm having a lot of stopping/starting in Bellatrix and I don't know what's causing it, whether I just have too many Sims there for my computer to process or whether it's something else. At any rate I'm going to try playing a different save for a bit and see how it handles. I may also start the Nothing Is Free challenge. I started something similar way back when and I know that's another thing I could sink my teeth into playing from time to time. Where some people like to play different families in the same town I like playing one family in different towns. I enjoy approaching the game from different angles and the change of scenery that kind of thing provides.
    @Sookie_54 - I somehow missed your comment :( How is your challenge going? Pictures? Pictures!!!! lol Would love to see.

I'm trying really hard not to have too much easy money making going on - I have a garden and I occasionally send her out to collect. Don't have collection helper and am not really familiar with where the spawners are in DV. I didn't know the sunflowers were money makers. Hmmm... You guys are tempting me...
    If you know how money just flows in in Sims 3!
    Ooh yes @Sookie_54 I was going to say something earlier but the hubby was distracting me about going to the grocery store so by the time I made my post I forgot all about it!

I'm the same with the spawners in Bellatrix. So far I've found a couple but don't know where they are. I did discover with Yogi being a witch she can transform vegetables into gems and cut them and of course I have her buy gems at the consignment stores because most of the time there's a little profit as well as cutting experience in those.

I've also discovered an odd thing. A long while back I set my aging to Long instead of normal then lowered almost all the ages back to close to the default age. I'm now finding myself nudging those sliders up so my Sims have more days in their lives. This could end up going rather badly when I want to play through generations.
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    His first desired career, wanting to reach level 5 of 4 different careers, was to be a criminal. Why should he bother to try to be a productive citizen when life had been anything but kind to him. Keeping his ear to the ground he managed to locate the criminal lair. He found it at the "abandoned" warehouse near the edge of town. It was simple enough to get in, for a criminal lair. Apparently, they had had some recent mishaps and were short on men. His boss, Mike Ogle, was a little strange in color, however, he turned out to be a pretty cool guy. The day he applied, his boss agreed to play tag with him. Imagine that a bunch of grown men playing tag.

ZyxPTFf.jpg

His first day of work, Jasper found out why the organization was short on men. He got tossed into the slammer just for being at the location. The police had raided the warehouse on his first day and he hadn't even gotten through orientation, yet. Why did the police know where their "secret" lair was anyway?

HtzV99u.jpg

In jail, Jasper had plenty of time to contemplate whether being a decoy was really the life for him. As he exited the building he noticed a pretty blonde eyeing him. She introduced herself as Sierra Ogle, his boss' wife.

"It's your first day, I want you to know that we could really use a guy like you in the organization, and I hope that this little mishap doesn't deter you. Most guys would have snitched and told the police everything they knew, but I heard you didn't." She looked at him with a sense of admiration. He got this weird feeling in the pit of his stomach as if there might be more she wanted to say, but she just smiled and nodded, walking away.

tqpWoyJ.jpg

Oh well, he had more important things to worry about, like what he was going to do about eating.

79WKHD1.jpg

That's his first day.

dx1965 wrote: »
    I got the greenhouse forgot the name,its nice build. I am still exploring it.
    The sunflowers are great that how I made lot of my money in last few 4by4 attempts but problem is I keep spending it on fences, lighting, counters, fish bowls. I wanted share my builds I am not if its cheating what I am doing but I find having big porch with outside shower and kitchen helpful.
    In my Monte Vista world I just got, which sadly the "tea table" didn't show up in I started with a 4 by 4 space with large porch with the pretty porch type fences and used the terrain textures to save money.
    My Sim had only 16,000 to spend.
    I got the smallest and cheapest, smallest lot in Monte Vista for I think 1200
    I used 4x4 bathroom premade room, redecorated it and added large bowl.
    I got six fishbowls, few electronic items and lots of sunflowers.
    I have earned about 30k from just collecting sunshine.
    I did something interesting with texture I was hoping to share but I can't figure it out.
    The first texture styles I set I intentionally chose a texture that makes everything look dirty and old.
    A whole lot of plans are dying or wilted even though he worked very hard on it and is level 7 in gardening.
    And my plan is with texturing and whatever I can afford to make it look like he is cleaning up the place.
    The first day was a fire, second day he was robbed and he went to the library and saw a ghost levitating chairs and toys.
    He went to public pizzeria and cook whole lot.
    Weird thing he could take any left overs, they just don't allow it.
    I had interesting surprise, hope isn't a mistake but Origin believe I have Late Night and High end studio pack so I am downloading. I don't remember purchasing it, perhaps it came with Sims 3 digital version but I didn't get until now.

If you are adding furniture or skilling objects on the porch, that would be cheating, no objects that should be IN the house are allowed on the porch, actually nothing but your mailbox if desired and a plant or two is allowed on the porch. Did you put everything I listed into your 4x4 starter room, I doubt you would have any room for fish bows if you had put everything I listed for starting the game in your room....reread the rules then post pictures. You are supposed to only have about $16,000 or so at the beginning, it is very easy to put every object I listed in the rules into your 4x4 with that amount of money, then you have to knock down family funds to only $500.00 then the challenge starts.

You can play it any way you want but I wrote out the rules for a challenge and if you have a shower and a kitchen on your porch the rules are being dismissed and the spirit of the challenge is pretty much absent.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I'm not going to take away the claw machine but that magic 8 ball thingie (gotta get in game to figure out it's real name, it's like the orb of answers or something) pays out $50,000 if memory serves....major cheatsville! Yes it is a big chance that you will not get the money even if you do ask it 20 times in a row but there is always the chance you could get the money on the second ask (I got it in 4 asks once). Maybe limits should be put on the claw machine, like only 3 turns per day or something. Making money too fast in this challenge defeats the challenge.

I didn't even know you could make much off either of these until you guys brought it up. My favorite object of abuse is the wishing well, which I made sure NOT to place in DV. You can get cars with values like 85 or 115k from the wishing well. I have what started as an empty town with one couple and tried to fill/build it from there via their kids and funds. I put in the wishing well to find mates for the kids for a few generations and I found it was pretty tempting to go there to "earn" some cash for them to move out of the house, too. Bad suzses.

A great grandson of my original couple lives in their old homestead. He still works it like a little farm, but he has like 1 million simoleons from the family businesses, and he and his family aren't nearly as fun as the original folks who had to scrimp and save. I'm sure he benefited from his grandparents trips to the wishing well. My rationale was it was "work" to go there because you needed to spend all day for a couple days usually to get anything worthwhile. :D I sort of had rules attached to it. If you got one of those cars, you could never go back, and if your parents had enough to set you off on your own with an OK house, you also couldn't go, except to find a romantic partner. Now, I kind of wish I hadn't allowed it at all due to the rich boring generation.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    Did somebody say something about a too rich sim?

"Disaster has struck and the government has come to take funds that are not theirs. Thank you kind citizen for your large donation and your home. *moves to empty lot and familyfunds xxxxx 1000*".

How cruel life is! I always have a reason to make a sim poor... Never one to make them rich.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Minx wrote: »
    Did somebody say something about a too rich sim?

"Disaster has struck and the government has come to take funds that are not theirs. Thank you kind citizen for your large donation and your home. *moves to empty lot and familyfunds xxxxx 1000*".

How cruel life is! I always have a reason to make a sim poor... Never one to make them rich.

Haha. I've been considering at least lowering the family funds on that family. I did do it on another family in a different save not long ago. I have a "little" game on Mariner's Reach, a tiny, tiny player made world, that I was tempted into starting after I told someone else about the world. The family dog brought home a tiberium. After a while, I had it cut and sat it in a corner, trying to decide if I was ever going to do anything with it. My simmies lived in a tiny sort of a shack with 2 bedrooms. This was the "other" time recently the game decided to throw twins my way,* and the family was trying to save up to move someplace a little bigger. I think they had around 40k saved up. One day I looked at that tiberium and saw it was worth over 400k! I'm used to seeing something around 35-45 for them, which is plenty really. I just had to sell it to see if I would actually get that much money, and I did. Totally. ruined. the. game. I was in mourning. lol Day later I set family funds back to what they had, and was instantly happy again.

I'm glad to see Jasper won't be staying in the criminal career, given his goals in life. ;)

* Oh, sudden flash of realization. My Marshall was one of those twins! I do hope that doesn't mean I'm going to see even more of them if I keep using him . . . I do really like him. Gah.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I feel like if I really want that much money I can just motherlode them. I think having some of those things hand out so much is overkill. I do have one family that's rich but it's actually part of the story and when I set to spending money for anything for them I only spend a certain amount then they have to make it back before more can be spent. As time goes on the amount I don't spend under increases. I got this kind of thinking in playing city building games and trying to save up enough money for expensive improvements.