Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Makes TS2 Special to You?

Mort_OpalMort_Opal Posts: 55 Member
For me, It has to be the simlish. I find myself laughing so hard at the female simlish. Especially when they are on the phone. Its hilarious!!! I also just love the little quirks the game as a whole has

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Flour sack babies for family aspiration failure. I love those adorable little bundles of unbaked bread :D Also, pander for cash (aspiration failure for fortune sims)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    edited November 2015
    Everything makes Sims 2 special to me...

But right now it's the the simlish pictures, simlish paintings and posters I can make myself. Sims 2 allows me to provide my own clutter to decorate my world. Just found out that I can make my own signs very easily using the Bon Voyage and Artist Camera and I'm going crazy with that.

Of course with modders help, I'm making signs and pictures in different shapes and sizes. Maybe one day I'll remember how to make my own sim video films and put them on the TV for my sims to watch. (Got to admit, wish we had a video camera like Sims 3)
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Right now, the fact that it's not tied to Origin.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    There is so much detail in the game. The personalities, the relationships, everything is so rich and full of content. It's a sandbox game that lets me create to my heart's content.
  • Options
    xoxCandicexoxCandice Posts: 122 Member
    First one I got fully addicted to.
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    None of the later versions of The Sims series has the attention to detail as TS2. This makes the gameplay more realistic for me and more enjoyable than later versions of The Sims.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    For me, it's so far been the best combination of customization and sandbox. Even with the basegame, there was a decent amount of customization for your sim's appearance, and you could make a new sim any time you wanted. You could play challenges, but aside from "finish this career" or "fulfill lifetime want" or "make as much cash as possible," these were chosen by the player rather than inherent to the game. One of the things I don't like so much about TS3 gameplay is the quest / scenario aspect of it when I was expecting a sandbox game.

A lot of TS2 expansion packs, and player-created challenges, did bring in quest-related aspects (make all vacation memories, achieve supernatural life state X, finish college, max hobby enthusiasm, earn badges,) but the game didn't prompt you that much to start any quest... unlike in TS3, where you might randomly be asked to deliver food, investigate citizens, or do other things based on career and traits.

Also, I like that TS2 accumulated nearly a decade of in-jokes. Each new expansion usually referred to events, items, or characters from an old one.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Right now, the fact that it's not tied to Origin.
    Now, that I've got Sims 3 freed from Origin...

Those cutscenes. That feature is one of my top favorites from Sims 2.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif