Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 4x4 Challenge for Sims 3

Comments

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @BSIRegina, Wow, those colors are trippy!! Looking good so far. :smiley:
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Yes, I'm afraid there's a hippie in me that ever once in a while just screams to get out and takes over in my Sims game. B)
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    Yes, I'm afraid there's a hippie in me that ever once in a while just screams to get out and takes over in my Sims game. B)

@BSIRegina, I have to hand it to you, your Sims are absolutly never boring. Your house looks like it is going to be very interesting!! :wink:
    I hope it turns out interesting! I don't know if you can see it well enough or not but in the screenshot with the whole lot there's a dark spot which is textured to be swampy. The story in my mind says it would be best to avoid building over that area. I think since she is getting her first upgrade so early I'll start working on part of the house I was thinking would have to wait for later. No doubt her third upgrade will take a little longer but I can be patient. After all, I do have Romance turned off in SP so that all the available males in the town won't get snatched up before she can get hers lined out. :smile:
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited November 2015
    It's up to you of course, @BSIRegina - but if she's making money that quickly you'll be done in a couple of days! lol Can't wait to see what she gets up to.

Edit: @Charlottesmom - how's your computer doing?
    @Surreal, I've been having sparatic error 12's and my husband will be digging for files this weekend for some of my store content as downloading it from the store again doesn't seem to want to work. I'm missing all of the worlds I bought and all of the venue buildings I bought, I have all the stuff for the venues but not the physical buildings...wierd! I have also been fiddling with the settings, it looks pretty good but with the error 12's I want to keep it below optimum for now. I hope it won't be this big of a PITA when i get my new laptop soon.

Did you get that new patch?
    @Surreal, I've been having sparatic error 12's and my husband will be digging for files this weekend for some of my store content as downloading it from the store again doesn't seem to want to work. I'm missing all of the worlds I bought and all of the venue buildings I bought, I have all the stuff for the venues but not the physical buildings...wierd! I have also been fiddling with the settings, it looks pretty good but with the error 12's I want to keep it below optimum for now. I hope it won't be this big of a PITA when i get my new laptop soon.

How does this even happen? I've read of a lot of wonky things with this game but this takes the cake. My goodness I hope it's not as difficult to get it sorted as it sounds like it will be.

@Surreal about 8,600 of her monies came from the claw machine and the other roughly 5,000 from selling stuff at the consignment stores. Yogi hadn't settled on her "career" yet but I think she's finally decided to go for self-employed gardener. She did have a date with Octo but I don't have a lot of experience in TS3 in this regard so it was just an okay time. Even so, they got to above friendship level so it wasn't a waste. Shoot, he listens enthusiastically when she gets all excited and starts telling him about her "magic". She decided she needs an Alchemy station so I'll have to make sure I have room for that in her new addition.

Yeah... I'd probably stay away from that claw machine for a few days! lol But... it's whatever really - I imagine that I will continue this game well after the challenge has been completed.
    Right? When she won I thought, "Oh, it's probably a hundred Simoleans or thereabouts. I had never had a Sim play with that before so no clue the pay-out could be that large! :lol: Then afterward she decided she wanted to buy one for home. I told her no, we'll just go with that Alchemy Station, okay?
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Surreal I'm thinking I'll continue, too. I like these simmies (except the twins at this stage! lol) and DV, except the weather is kinda awful. Maybe I should tweak it with Tempest (hadn't because wanted to see what it would be like). Thinking I might play someone else from DV after a while, too. So many plans.

@Charlottesmom So sorry to hear you're still having problems with your game. I always use "save as" and rotate through about three names for my saves. That way, if I get an error 12 or if it crashes while trying to save (neither happens much but anytime is once too often!), I have something pretty recent to fall back on.

@BSIRegina Yogi Tea is so cute! You did a great job with her, and Bellatrix is a good place for her to call home, too.

@dx1965 and @Minx Looking forward to seeing whatever you do!

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited November 2015
    Oh, I didn't make Yogi Tea, she came from here, made by Yogi-Tea. I did turn her into a young adult and changed her traits but only slightly. I left her LTW what it was. Somehow I managed to lose her work-out clothes in the transition, though.

And yes, I am loving Bellatrix! All my hats go off to @Rflong7 for that beautiful world.
    Ah, well she's adorable either way. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Surreal wrote: »
    Did you get that new patch?

Nope! Thank goodness, that was one of my biggest fears with this whole fiasco....BUT I still may have to reinstall Dragon Valley and the double pack that has the two towns in it, names escape me...if my husband can't find or recover or whatever the files. Those will go through Origin as that is where all my EPs went through due to the fact that my game is only a year old. I still have the box for no Sims updates ticked so...wish me luck.

Seriously my only fear of the update is that I'm puttering along with my game 10 years from now and Origin decides to pull the plug....I'd cry my eyes out! :'(
  • dx1965dx1965 Posts: 335 Member
    edited November 2015
    With my 2nd attempt at 4by4 challenge I earned about 50k picking up sunshine.
    I purchased new town so maybe I will try again over the holidays in Monte Vista
    BSIRegina wrote: »

How does this even happen? I've read of a lot of wonky things with this game but this takes the cake. My goodness I hope it's not as difficult to get it sorted as it sounds like it will be.

@Surreal about 8,600 of her monies came from the claw machine and the other roughly 5,000 from selling stuff at the consignment stores. Yogi hadn't settled on her "career" yet but I think she's finally decided to go for self-employed gardener. She did have a date with Octo but I don't have a lot of experience in TS3 in this regard so it was just an okay time. Even so, they got to above friendship level so it wasn't a waste. Shoot, he listens enthusiastically when she gets all excited and starts telling him about her "magic". She decided she needs an Alchemy station so I'll have to make sure I have room for that in her new addition.

I seem to be okay with saving for now, I had a few error 12s this afternoon but deleted one of my two saves and that seemed to solve it, I also fiddles with settings so that may have helped too. Will delete cachebackup tomorrow, should be even better!

I find the claw maching to be VERY easy money, I have gotten very valuable gems (along with ten billion teddy bears and money bags) through the machine. Another huge cheat is the 8 ball thing (not sure of the in game name) ask it if you will be rich about 20 times in a row and sooner or later you get a bundle of money....perhaps I should ban it! Adding that to the rules... ;):p
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited November 2015
    So, I saw in the rules that I have to have 2 counters and that kind of messed me up. The sink took up the counter space, so it looks like Jasper is going to be eating hot dogs. So, here is the house!

8Mn3Oa6.jpg
    NtkebB3.jpg

Here is Jasper Barrington!

r5rP9NK.jpg

Jasper is an 18 year old young man who grew up in a home where he was emotionally neglected. He didn't always look the way he does not, but as neglect can do a person, his outward appearance began to reflect his growing inward hatred for the world. He loves to be alone, so the moment he got the chance he moved out and away from his family. Given his lack of healthy relationships, he has issues committing and has never had a romantic relationship or a friend. He gets angry very easily and failed to grasp adult-like tendencies. And although it can't be proved, he has been accused of being evil.

Jasper! I hope I can fall in love with him.
    Post edited by Minx on
    @Minx Aww, poor Jasper. I always have a soft spot for troubled young men, and I hope he finds some closure and happiness.

@Charlottesmom The neighbor boy who used to come by to see my son when they were growing up used to call his mom "the fun police." If you ban the claw machine, we may have to pass on the title. :D:p Seriously, this kind of thing is MORE fun if there's not too much money. There's so many ways to come by it in this game.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I have a feeling that he is going to be okay. We shall see how hard life is on him. Hopefully, it's not too rough for him. I already have a soft spot for him.
  • dx1965dx1965 Posts: 335 Member
    Minx, wow what expression your Jasper has.
    I am pondering doing a "homeless" theme but still not sure how to install cc mods but I found this I got to share, http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2013/02/hobo-collection-by-zedrael-featuring.html
    suzses wrote: »
    @Minx Aww, poor Jasper. I always have a soft spot for troubled young men, and I hope he finds some closure and happiness.

@Charlottesmom The neighbor boy who used to come by to see my son when they were growing up used to call his mom "the fun police." If you ban the claw machine, we may have to pass on the title. :D:p Seriously, this kind of thing is MORE fun if there's not too much money. There's so many ways to come by it in this game.

I'm not going to take away the claw machine but that magic 8 ball thingie (gotta get in game to figure out it's real name, it's like the orb of answers or something) pays out $50,000 if memory serves....major cheatsville! Yes it is a big chance that you will not get the money even if you do ask it 20 times in a row but there is always the chance you could get the money on the second ask (I got it in 4 asks once). Maybe limits should be put on the claw machine, like only 3 turns per day or something. Making money too fast in this challenge defeats the challenge.
    This is true, but collecting is just all around extremely profitable. Make or buy a miner and gem machine, plus the consignment shop. Easy as pie. The supernatural EP sure came with a lot of easy money making activities. <3 the claw machine.

I'm sure the wishing well is out of the picture. At least for money.
    Minx wrote: »
    This is true, but collecting is just all around extremely profitable. Make or buy a miner and gem machine, plus the consignment shop. Easy as pie. The supernatural EP sure came with a lot of easy money making activities. <3 the claw machine.

I'm sure the wishing well is out of the picture. At least for money.

True true! I have a sim with the collectors helper, she can make buckets of money each day, she takes the gems to the consignment shop cuts them to hearts...Bam! Tons of money! Some of the flowers are easy moolah too! Is it the cosmos that go for $600.00 a pop? We should have a race to see who gets to the first $10,000 fastest! :wink:
    Oh! Well, work and school will hinder me from winning that race. Plus, I usually do the grind mode. I set the lifespan to epic and modified so I can take my sweet time. Wouldn't want to mess up Jasper's life anymore than it has been.
  • MulecatMulecat Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2015
    i like the idea of this challenge. here in the US we have a tv program called tiny house hunters that i like to watch. it always amazes me how many things they can get into a small space. even though im "late to the party" i will be starting this challenge tomorrow :)

one question i have is can we make it more than 1 story high from the start? i was thinking of doing a loft for my bed using the ladder from IP that goes on houseboats.