Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The (Hopefully) 100 Sim Adoption Challenge!! - updated 24th May

Comments

• UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I love this! I love it so much! I wish I had my Sims 3 back, but unfortunately the computer which has the games on it has overheated! I love this little challenge/story though!
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    I just realised that the two new surnames didn't survive censorship! Jeremy and Jaylin's surname is P-eacock, and Leilani's is W-ang. Why those names are allowed in the game but not on the forums is beyond me!!!
    UniSims wrote: »
    I love this! I love it so much! I wish I had my Sims 3 back, but unfortunately the computer which has the games on it has overheated! I love this little challenge/story though!

Thank you very much :) I'm enjoying this too although it can get a little repetitive after a while. But I'm determined to actually finish it :) Sorry to hear about your computer; it's really frustrating when computers do things like that and prevent you from enjoying the Sims :D
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Leilani W-ang has very pretty hair! I'd love to know the color things for it. :3
    Sunni is still gorgeous! :3

Loving this story. :3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I love the hair for Stefanie. Is that cc, or does it just happen to come from one of the expansion packs I don't have yet?
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    Leilani W-ang has very pretty hair! I'd love to know the color things for it. :3

Thank you :)

I'll have to look up the colours when I'm in-game on Saturday but I'll let you know :)

Sunni remains that way when she ages into a YA, which she just did on the weekend. She has a very 60's look :)
    I love the hair for Stefanie. Is that cc, or does it just happen to come from one of the expansion packs I don't have yet?

It comes from Into the Future, and it's the first time I've used it on one of my sims. I don't like some of the haircuts that come with that EP but that one isn't too bad :)
    I'm going to be a little late with the update this week. Apart from being really busy these next few days, my game was playing up a little over the weekend. Firstly, I got a 'error code 12' on Saturday, which meant I had a bad save file. And when I tried to go on on Sunday, the game froze (and I was using the back-up file, so it should have worked). After that, I gave up! On the upside, I have finally bought Showtime! Hopefully next weekend will go better so I can test it out :)
    *hugs* That's alright with me. Patience is a virtue, I suppose. *hugs* Hopefully everything gets figured out here soon!
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)

Okay, finally got the hair colours!
    Base - 255,0,160
    Roots - 8,255,0
    Highlights - 0,255,237
    Tips - 255,237,0

They're very bright :)
    edited November 2015
    Thank you!!!!!!!
    EDIT: Is there any way you could get Sunni's hair color as well?
    Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
    Thank you!!!!!!!
    EDIT: Is there any way you could get Sunni's hair color as well?

Yes, but I forgot to do it on the weekend! I've been busy with trying to work a new video editing program that just doesn't seem to want to work completely, and I've got files that won't play properly once they've been burnt onto disc... Urgh! So frustrating! I did end up with some time to play but completely forgot to get the colours - sorry :( I also haven't been feeling the best over the past couple of weeks so I'm doing this while I'm feeling okay!!

On the upside, I'm about to write up a new update! Yay :)
    Entry #19:

Well, sending ten teenagers off to Prom is no small deal! There were dates to be found, outfits to plan, hairstyles to create :) Somehow we managed to get them all there!

Apple and Skye were the only two with dates to the prom. Apple's date was Steve Keegan, who is a lovely young man.
    Screenshot-789_zpsi1l6bcv8.jpg

And Skye asked Marlin Gallardo to go with her. He said yes but apparently didn't want to slow dance with her! Boys these days!
    Screenshot-790_zpskks5brrm.jpg

There were the usual variety of outfits where some dressed up and some... didn't :)
    Screenshot-793_zpswe8lhirg.jpg

Screenshot-791_zpsvzr2z9yx.jpg

Screenshot-792_zpscecnvcek.jpg

And we got some interesting Prom pics... though why Apple was wearing a bathing suit, she hasn't quite adequately explained to me...
    Screenshot-798_zps0hff35i0.jpg

Screenshot-799_zps5nyqn2xu.jpg

So, here are the highlights from the dance:
    - Skye and Marlin ended up going steady, as did Apple and Steve! They also both had their first kisses :)
    - Sunni was Prom Queen while Reed was Prom King
    - Luke's crush denied him a dance :(
    - Apollo and Stefanie were the dynamic dance duo despite Apollo falling over twice!
    - Reed won two dance battles but got into fights after both of them!
    - Sunni, Luke and Apollo got into a fight each while Stefanie got into three fights!! (I really don't know what got into her)
    - Artemis' crush ran away from her :(
    - and Reed made an impression on Melinda Song but they didn't decide to start dating.

Teenagers! It seems like every time there is a dance, at least two of them always get into fights!! But it seemed to be a good night for most of them.

Not too long after the Prom, it was time for Luke and Skye to age into adults. Luke is going into the science career.
    Screenshot-794b_zpsewrtibu8.jpg

And Skye, despite her handiness about the house, is going into the police force. And I just love her formal outfit!
    Screenshot-796b_zpsurrn8uhu.jpg

Screenshot-795_zpsfajuxd3r.jpg

They moved out soon after into the house where Ocean and Marina live.

Ooh, a bit more gossip :) Marina got promoted in her music career, while Josiah and Hope are now dating. I don't think they're terribly compatible considering Josiah's in the film industry and Hope is a private investigator but we'll wait and see :)

I took some of the children - Dusty, Candy, Peppermint, Loyal, Noble, Constance, Chloe and Terence - to the Spring Festival when it was in town. We had lots of fun, and Noble even found a special egg!
    Screenshot-800_zpsn8jxfdpl.jpg

Screenshot-801_zps2hadboig.jpg

Screenshot-802_zps8usz1lic.jpg

Screenshot-803_zpspw7lfg22.jpg

Screenshot-804_zpsow5qn8zs.jpg

Sunni has decided to take up the drums as well! She is never quiet!!
    Screenshot-797_zpsousypjtx.jpg

Time for some more birthdays! Hunter and Sasha became teens. Hunter, as you may be able to tell from his fashion choices, has become more of a loner, while Sasha just likes collecting things and working out.
    Screenshot-809_zps1xq0g2ce.jpg

Screenshot-810_zpsfrkuwtsb.jpg

Screenshot-811_zpsf5shf95d.jpg

And twins Jeremy and Jaylin turned into children. Jaylin is such a good girl, always doing what she is asked to do, while Jeremy is very friendly .
    Screenshot-806_zpszkhx3xab.jpg

Screenshot-807_zpsffiorarz.jpg

No caption for this photo except that you couldn't imagine two more different people going fishing :)
    Screenshot-805_zpsnyxasxkz.jpg

Liam and I attended a party that Marina threw. It was a good party except for some reason, Skye kept trying to flirt with Liam!! Marina later explained that Skye had just broken up with Marlin and was going through a phase... okay then...
    Screenshot-814_zps0fziutgd.jpg

Riana and Jude's twins, Florence and Jayson, have grown up! They're very cute and obviously take after Jude in their metabolism.
    Screenshot-812_zpsribfxu84.jpg

Screenshot-813_zpsrdrrrseh.jpg

And I'll end with Leilani's birthday. She has turned into a computer whiz but spends an equal amount of time playing with the chemistry set.
    Screenshot-815_zps3mv6itka.jpg

Screenshot-816_zpssflciz7a.jpg

( Seriously, when Letizia and Liam went to that party, all Skye wanted to do was flirt with Liam! So Letizia kept going over and talking to Liam, and Skye was not happy! I couldn't have set that up better if I'd tried! Skye gave him three lots of flowers and Liam was very polite but never initiated any flirting back; he was so loyal to Letizia :D

Skye is up for download here. Luke is already up there, just in toddler form. If anyone wants the adult version, let me know.

The Spring Festival is boring! I think the kids hunted for eggs, did some dancing, and had a picnic. So I'm going to install The Boardwalk next festival time and have the kids go to that!

Skills - Apple - writing; Skye - logic and her LTW!!
    )

@MayaRose1138 *hugs* It's alright. Whenever you get the chance is fine with me. :)

Nice update. Skye is really pretty, and so is Sunni. :3 I can't wait for the next update. :)
    Sorry everyone! I've been feeling somewhat better this week but I haven't been feeling like doing anything much either. In fact, a couple of days, I actually had to not go on the computer because when I was upright and facing the computer, I felt a bit off. Fortunately, that seems to have passed as well but I still haven't got quite the motivation to post anything yet or really do anything sim related :(. I'm going to try to tomorrow night though when I have some free time.
    @MayaRose1138 *hugs* It's alright. Whenever you get the chance is fine with me. :)

Nice update. Skye is really pretty, and so is Sunni. :3 I can't wait for the next update. :)

Sorry to make you wait for the next update... Skye is quite unusual but she's also pretty, I agree. Last time I played, her younger siblings turned up at the 'orphanage' (and I normally don't adopt siblings of ones who I've already taken but the colours were too good to pass up!) so we'll see if they look anything like her.

I have enough pics for two more updates before I really need to get back into the game. I'm 34 kids in and I don't want to give up yet!!
    @MayaRose1138 *hugs* It's alright. Whenever you get the chance is fine with me. :) ^-^
    Good news!! I should be posting the next update tomorrow night! I was going to post it tonight but realised that I didn't have the upload for one of the sims so I'll need to go get it! But get ready for a fair amount of gossip :)

Bad news... my game seems to be lagging. I was able to play for a couple of hours on Sunday but it kept pausing about every ten minutes and it started to drive me nuts. It's only started doing this since the update, so I'm a little annoyed (because it was an automatic update and I couldn't avoid it). I just need to work out how to fix it or whether I need to shift everyone to a new town (and I've never used the Porter mod before). But given it's Christmas soon, I'll be on holidays and have a bit more time to work out what to do!!
    edited December 2015
    Entry#20: (Children 32-33)

Time flies by so fast! I can’t believe that our colourful twins are old enough to leave now! Apollo seems to have become more of a night owl as he has grown up, while Artemis is more ambitious. Apollo has gone into the science career though he says he wants to work out how to spread the fairy genes around the town (I have enough of the fairy pranks at home; I don’t think the rest of the town need more of them!!). Meanwhile, Artemis has decided that she wants to be a chef and has started work at the same restaurant as Justice and Faith.
    Screenshot-818b_zpsti92ymqv.jpg

Screenshot-819b_zps4kp50sub.jpg

The twins moved in with Evelyn and her wife Star, London and Paris. That house is beginning to get a little crowded!

Arthur is now dating an older woman, Francisca Winterly (no relation to Chloe), while Justice is dating Claudia Willow-Anderson, sister to Renae, whom Paris is dating. Hope is dating a nice young man named Raheem Reid. Let’s hope he lasts longer than the last boyfriend!

We got some new temporary children. Shan and Shana Gallardo (what were their parents thinking with those names??):
    Screenshot-826_zpsnopcyr7z.jpg

Screenshot-824_zpsvhbb2jk6.jpg

And Augustine and Ch'ana Stewart. Ch'ana is such a cutie :)
    Screenshot-827_zpsc0wtdig9.jpg

Screenshot-836_zpsvtqhqgqb.jpg

Do you remember those toys that my triplets were playing with a couple of entries ago? Well, it appears that they had been imbued with some sort of magic and actually came to life! Noble and Loyal said that they invented a potion of some kind that turned the toys real but I’m a little sceptical about that. Although considering that these kids just appeared out of nowhere…

Anyway, I’d better introduce them. Firstly, we have Valiant, who was apparently Constance’s toy. He loves the heat (I hope he’s not flammable), is very brave and loves reading books.
    Screenshot-831_zpse7zhgmmr.jpg

Screenshot-830_zpsedjnlqxw.jpg

This is Patience, Noble’s friend. She loves cats (I’m glad she has skin instead of material now!), music and children.
    Screenshot-833_zpsdycbzwk4.jpg

Screenshot-834_zpsis4p4gok.jpg

And finally Clarity, Loyal’s friend. She doesn’t like going to sleep early, is easily impressed by everything, but is also shy and doesn’t talk to many people yet.
    Screenshot-835_zpskypugbsh.jpg

Screenshot-832_zpskkdcpbse.jpg

Huge news!! Paris and Renae got married and are having a baby!! They moved into their lovely new home - their finances are helped by the fact that Renae is a doctor - and also adopted a puppy named Mochi. I can’t wait to see what they have and whether the baby is like Renae, who is a fairy.
    Screenshot-828_zpstcu0x58e.jpg

I don’t think I’ve mentioned a few of the children who have got promotions in their careers. Josiah (directing), Arthur (journalism) and Faith (chef) have been promoted twice, while Minzi (sports), Riana (police), Rosie (music), Evelyn (doctor) and Luke (science) have all been promoted once.

Oh, and London is dating Gillian Woodward now. She is a stylist but sculpts as well, which makes her perfect for our self-employed sculptor :)

Stefanie and Terence take their chess games very seriously…
    Screenshot-820_zps48lgl3qc.jpg

More birthdays! Reed and Apple became young adults, though Apple’s still kept her same hairstyle :) Reed is now more excitable and has decided that angling is his life’s calling. Personally, I don’t think that’s much of a job but who am I to say what he should do? :)
    Screenshot-837b_zps1lcivafq.jpg

Apple has grown more charismatic, something that will come in handy for her career as a stylist.
    Screenshot-839b_zpsa12mvoid.jpg

Screenshot-840_zpsjazhwecj.jpg

They moved out into a little house nearby, and soon after Evan Maier (one of our temporary kids) moved in them, as did his foster father.
    Screenshot-841_zpsyjsfq35i.jpg

Dusty had his teen birthday and has become somewhat of a hopeless romantic :) He has started volunteering down at the hospital as a candy striper in preparation for becoming a doctor.
    Screenshot-838_zpskwou0uom.jpg

I’ll end on showing you our two new arrivals. Cortez and Ileana Bonds are obviously twins and have some Spanish heritage. Cortez is an excitable little thing and is impressed by everything (and loves that hat!), while Ileana hates being outside and would rather be creating things on the blocks table.
    Screenshot-843_zpsq89bax5q.jpg

Screenshot-842_zpsldp06h1r.jpg

Screenshot-845_zpsrzokwa8b.jpg

Screenshot-844_zpszca7fquh.jpg

Next time, I’ll give you all the gossip on who is dating who, and hopefully Paris and Renae's baby will have arrived :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    (Skills: Candy - inventing; Peppermint, Dusty - potions; Apollo - painting; Stefanie, Reed - fishing; Noble, Loyal, Dusty - writing; Apple - gardening; Terence - logic (chess).

Reed still looks like Harry Potter! And he is up for download here! Apple isn’t up for download because she’s the female version of a sim found here. And up until she aged up, I hadn’t any idea what she was going to do for a job, or what her LTW would be, but Fashion Phenomenon was the most interesting of the ones offered so I picked that. She hasn’t had any complaints so far!

Artemis is up for download here. Apollo isn’t since he is a clone of Atlas Shore by @princess2109.

I didn’t change Cortez’s name but I did change Ileana’s to match his. It was around this point that I managed to get Story Progression to take genetics from my sim bin so hopefully, the homeless sims will start to get more colourful without my help!!

Apollo and Artemis aged up in the same plaits, the same ones that Apollo always aged up with!!

Edit: Ch'ana's name keeps getting censored so take out the apostrophe and that is the name that the game gave her!
    )
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
    Because of the pausing in-game, I'm going to hand the reins over to Constance when she's a YA and shift to a new town in a new save. I'm going to try and take everyone with her but I haven't used Porter before so hopefully I've saved everyone and they won't get left behind. I have created a new 'orphanage' from the Regency Arcade (which was gifted to me not so long ago) and will use that. I already have someone in mind for Constance to marry but I have to find him in the game first!!
    @MayaRose1138 *hugs* I've noticed that simmers have problems when the save gets too big. That's why my plan is, after a few generations of any story, to move to a new town in a new save. Even if there's no lag in the save yet. I hope things go well -- I'd double check that you've saved everybody.
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while; apart from being busy, I haven't felt like posting or even being on the forums. But I hope to get back into now.

I've had issues with my game. Firstly, all my cc content disappeared and I had to reinstall it. Then I got a fair amount of lagging. Now I have the twin problems in that most of my sims don't have the option to talk to anyone outside their household, and I can't click on any other household for my sims to travel there or to access any mods. So I'm going to try some different options and see if I can get my save working properly again. If I can, I'll shift the game to a new town straight away. If I can't, I'll either have to recreate the household or save it to the library and shift it, or give this up. I have the feeling that half my problem comes from using MC to add the 'orphans' to the household as many of the children become glitched regarding going to school.

I know it's just this save because I have another save where I'm running an ISBI and it's going fine. So I'll let you know how it all goes!
    I got it working!! I decided to use Porter to shift everyone but ran into problems because I couldn't click on any of the houses. So I deleted that save and used the backup. That enabled me to click on all the houses, save everyone I needed, then import the library file into a new town and unpack everyone. Because that took so long (it didn't help that I couldn't save while transferring everyone around and the game froze), I didn't have time to do much playing but at least everything seems to work. Everyone's school grades reset to a C, so I fixed that up for those who were close to ageing up, but all the jobs survived intact. I think. (I'd better check those with modded jobs...). So yay!! The game is saved!!

Update coming soon, I hope :)
    @MayaRose1138 Congratulations! Thankfully it's working again -- I can't wait for more of this story!
    @MayaRose1138 Congratulations! Thankfully it's working again -- I can't wait for more of this story!

Thanks! I was actually able to play through a few days today, which is the most I've managed all month due to it not working right :). I think I've got all the screenshots from the update I was going to do back in December, so I'll be getting onto that soon. Probably sometime early this week, once I get back into the swing of working again and get into my old habits of reading and posting!

Thanks! I was actually able to play through a few days today, which is the most I've managed all month due to it not working right :). I think I've got all the screenshots from the update I was going to do back in December, so I'll be getting onto that soon. Probably sometime early this week, once I get back into the swing of working again and get into my old habits of reading and posting!

That's great news! ^-^
    edited February 2016
    Entry #21:

Well, it’s been quite a while but here we are again! I have plenty of gossip for you, which we’ll start with, and a lot of birthdays and new arrivals as well!!

So, the gossip :) I’ll start with my two.
    - Faith and Ocean are engaged!!!! There’s going to be a wedding!!! I’m going to be a grandmother (well, not yet but now there’s a higher possibility!!)
    - Justice and Claudia are still dating.
    - Minzi and Carlotta are still together, as are Apple and Steve, and Skye and Marlin (so some prom romances continue on past high school).
    - Riana and Jude are still together but there’s no sign of a wedding ring.
    - Rosie is still dating Bruce Chesterfield, who is old enough to be her grandfather!
    - London is still together with Gillian, while Arthur has started going steady with Francesca Winterly.
    - Artemis has started dating Sebastian Vanderburg, a member of the richest family in town :)

Paris and Renae’s twins finally arrived!! Dante is a fairy like his mother while M.ollie is human like her father. They are both very cute :) Liam and I went to visit, taking Cortez and Ileana with us, and enjoyed spending time with the babies. We don’t get any newborns at the orphanage, just toddlers, so it’s quite a different thing to be holding a newborn in your arms.
    Screenshot-849_zps3otwg2bq.jpg

Screenshot-850_zps8cxv5bm6.jpg

Screenshot-851_zpskaz4extx.jpg

Ileana and Cortez chat on the porch…
    Screenshot-852_zpsjcbovz65.jpg

Onto regular news :) Hunter is working at the theatre so he’s decided to learn the guitar (I think it’s more like that he wants to impress the girls working there!).
    Screenshot-848_zpsyeixlkpy.jpg

I visited Faith to congratulate her on her engagement and ended up having a long talk with her, as well as Hope, who was there too.
    Screenshot-853_zpskwz1kghb.jpg

The children love the building blocks on a Saturday morning, and it keeps them out of my way while I’m cooking breakfast!!
    Screenshot-856_zps2dtkchzs.jpg

We haven’t had too many romances within the orphanage but Hunter decided that he liked Stefanie. Everything was going well until Hunter wanted to hold hands and Stefanie decided she didn’t want to. Things went downhill from there, with Stefanie refusing to go to the Prom with him and then complaining about art, which Hunter loves. Oops :)
    Screenshot-857_zpspqdbbzya.jpg

Screenshot-858_zpslg3086tn.jpg

Screenshot-859_zpsebh7rl8b.jpg

Screenshot-861_zpsvohgubwm.jpg

Screenshot-860_zpsqq7aacuf.jpg

Prom was a big event, as usual. I’ll just give you the highlights (or what the children would admit happened there!):
    - Hunter and Sasha were crowned Prom King and Queen (which neither of them were too happy about because they had to dance with each other!)
    - Stefanie fell on the dance floor.
    - Sasha and Dusty were both rejected by their crushes :(
    - Hunter got into a fight, so did Stefanie, and Sasha got into two!
    - and Stefanie, Sunni and Hunter all got rejected by classmates when asking for a dance.
    Sunni got the most dressed up out of everyone:
    Screenshot-863_zps4ombtykd.jpg

Soon it was time for more birthdays!
    Firstly Peppermint and Candy aged into teens. Peppermint has got a bit more of a temper now (typical teenage hormones!) while Candy has decided to take up swimming.
    Screenshot-882_zpsor58nn3e.jpg

Screenshot-883_zpszxp8s6yo.jpg

Liam took Constance, Loyal, Noble, Patience, Clarity, Valiant, Jaylin, Jeremy and Leilani to The Boardwalk in a neighbouring town. The kids had a great time but Liam had to ride the rollercoaster a lot!! Josiah was there and they had a picnic with him.
    Screenshot-871_zpsejs9ng4v.jpg

Screenshot-873_zpssryjysta.jpg

Screenshot-875_zpshukeflj6.jpg

Screenshot-876_zpsiphqkoyk.jpg

Screenshot-880_zpskeo4l0a9.jpg

Screenshot-874_zps1aqt9y8a.jpg

Cortez and Ileana aged into children. Cortez seems to be quite the daredevil and plans to be a magician, and Ileana is ambitious, already planning how good she wants to get with painting!
    Screenshot-879_zpswfhy6ppz.jpg

Screenshot-878_zpsr58sbsqc.jpg

Dusty has decided to follow Hunter’s example and learn the guitar. I don’t know how much it helps with the girls :)
    Screenshot-867_zps63rqt1w0.jpg

And I’ll leave off with Loyal pretending to be a dinosaur :)
    Screenshot-868_zpsahoq5koi.jpg

(Watching Hunter and Stefanie interact was fun! I just let them have free will and it started off good but then Stefanie started rejecting Hunter and things just went downhill from there! It was hilarious :)

It was around this time that the game started playing up. It was mainly pausing every few minutes, and then things got progressively worse, which I’ve mentioned above this post. But I’ve got things going nicely now and I should be able to post regularly again :)

Skills: Liam - sculpting; Sasha - athletics & logic; Candy - writing; Sunni - bass; Constance - painting
    )

Edit: seriously, when is the game going to stop censoring names. How is M.ollie offensive?? Am I missing something???
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top