Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A complete Forum Tutorial.

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited September 2015
  • sam19blakesam19blake Posts: 54 Member
    Question I cant seem to change my profile pic. I looked at the tutorial but it docent give me the option to change it.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @sam19blake

Very first few line of the tutorial there is a link to the Member thread. You will have to become a member to post your picture :)
  • sam19blakesam19blake Posts: 54 Member
    > @06Bon06 said:
    > sam19blake
    >
    > Very first few line of the tutorial there is a link to the Member thread. You will have to become a member to post your picture :)
    Opps thanks :)
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    This is SO helpful! I feel so lost and overwhelmed with the enormity of all the posts! Thank you :D
  • FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited October 2015

Where is this world coming to....
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Thank you. I knew I'd read somewhere about changing the colour of writing, but couldn't remember where. Had a sudden thought, and came to check. There it was, all laid out for a dimbo like me. I'm quite proud of myself now. Thanks again for all your work.
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • orbeezbabiesorbeezbabies Posts: 79 Member
    Oh swell! Thank you!
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    @06Bon06 I have a question, and you may know the answer.

How do you tag a person who has spaces in their name?
    I use the @ and then start typing their name and click it in the drop down. Then it adds double quotation marks around the entire name so it looks like this: @this name and then it only highlights the first part of the name (as you can probably see), before the space and redirects to my own profile. Should I add underscores or is there another way to do this?

Remember I asked this ^ question a while back? I noticed today that is has been fixed (as you can see from the quote) they even fixed it for existing messages! :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • MiliksimMiliksim Posts: 150 Member
    Very insightful thread. Thank you for all the effort you put into this. Great for a newbie and technical disaster like myself :)
  • EshenityEshenity Posts: 8 New Member
    Awesome, thank you! :)
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Keep posting, Eshenity!
  • SuppaStarinSuppaStarin Posts: 108 Member
    Thx, I Really Needed This
  • raeney1235678raeney1235678 Posts: 13 New Member
    Wow, thank you! I really appreciate this since I haven't been on in almost three years! Thank you again!
  • raeney1235678raeney1235678 Posts: 13 New Member
    @Crunchie885 The little gif below your message really cracks me up!
  • AwesomeCupcakes7AwesomeCupcakes7 Posts: 6 New Member
    Does anyone here know what the requirements are for getting a signature? I would like to have one, but when I go to the signature thing in my profile it says "You do not have permission to have a signature".
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    Does anyone here know what the requirements are for getting a signature? I would like to have one, but when I go to the signature thing in my profile it says "You do not have permission to have a signature".

Hello and welcome to the forums... :)

In order to be able to posts pictures and have an avatar, you first need to become a full member because as of right now you are considered a new member. New members are restricted to post pictures, links, have an avatar or change one, sending private messages to other members. In order to become a full member, you will need to have 50 points, 30 posts and an account older than 24 hours.

This link here will explain all you need to know on what it takes to become a full member. It also has a full list of badges that you can earn and how many points you get with those badges... :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1

• tribbotribbo Posts: 2,441 Member
    This is a very helpful thread.
    MAFIA STATS
    Played: 18 | Won: 9 | Lost: 9
    Town Wins: 4 | Mafia Wins: 5 | Third Wins: 0
    Played as Town: 10 | Played as Mafia: 9 | Played as Third: 1
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    This is very helpful but... I am now embarrassed as I asked so many questions :'(
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • 911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 625 Member
    cupcake12 wrote: »
    This is very helpful but... I am now embarrassed as I asked so many questions :'(

@cupcake12 No worries, hun! We were all new once, and I'm still learing tons after 2 months here!
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    thanks for reassuring me 911TruthBear
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    This is great, thank you! A lot of information, but very helpful.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • DotDebsDotDebs Posts: 163 Member
    Thank you for all this information. I used to play the Sims 2 and was very active in forums for modelling challenges. I understand the desire to weed out the spammers but the amount of points and posts needed makes me feel like the spammer. I hope I can get membership soon and then I can post at the comfortable amount for me.
  • iloveafiiloveafi Posts: 74 Member
    Thank you very much. This site was getting me so upset. I couldnt figure out anything thnk you
  • Nyrrat_SimsNyrrat_Sims Posts: 49 Member
    Ok, I tried to change my profile pic, but I couldn't find any of the options, and when I went into preferences, it didn't look anything like that, and when I comment or make a post, it will let me input emoji, but no pictures or anything like the options you have. Why?