Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#PurpleDaySims - Dec. 1

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @NewToTheSims @SummerFalls @Pegasus143 @BBQPenguinWings Hi, all! I really appreciate your stories, and we'd like to post them on the "Share Your Stories" page of the Purple Day Sims website. Is that ok with you?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Question for the Day:

What's a funny Grim story or screenshot that you have?

(We'd love to share these stories on our Purple Day Sims blog. If you prefer that we don't share them there, please let me know when you post it! And, if we do post your story, we'll credit you and link back to your blog, so readers can read more of your work.)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Two questions to answer!

When is the first time you cried at losing a Sim?
    I have felt very sad losing Sims before, but the first time I think I truly shed tears was for Melanie, and then for Lucas. I think it was made even worse by the fact that, since they were dying for my story, I had to MAKE them die. It was a conscious decision on my part, not just something the game did because their life bars were full. It made me feel very guilty and very upset. They were both very special to me!

Ooh, I have a funny one here haha. Except I don't think it REALLY counts, because it's not a screenshot of the real game-controlled Grimmy, but the Grimmy I had shift+clicked to add to my family and control for D2D (though, in theory, the same thing could have happened with a Grimmy that wasn't in my household, since it was autonomous)

But either way, I had installed a romantic pose that I used for some Lucas and Mel screenshots, and the pose replaced the "Friendly Hug" interaction. Well, one day, Lucas comes home from work and autonomously decides to greet Grimmy (with whom he was now friends, thanks to all their interactions) with a hug...

95w5gUcl.png

So of course I died of laughter and took a screenshot :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Question for the Day:

I don't think I have the screenshot anymore, but I had one of Grimmy being scared by little Rose Sager when Claire drowned. And then he was flirty after that and doing the flirty animations. It was soooo weird.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    @NewToTheSims @SummerFalls @Pegasus143 @BBQPenguinWings Hi, all! I really appreciate your stories, and we'd like to post them on the "Share Your Stories" page of the Purple Day Sims website. Is that ok with you?

That's fine with me!
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @CitizenErased14 LMAO, Grimmy wants some sugar from Lucas
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @CathyTea It's fine to share my stories :)
    This is kind of related to my November short story, so I'll put it in a spoiler tag:
    One time I had a sim who needed to do romantic interactions for her career, and her previous love interest had died, so I decided to invite over one of the gym trainers that she had a high relationship with. She didn't accept our flirts, so I had my sim go do something else when the gym trainer dies while dancing (no wonder why she wasn't accepting the flirts! She didn't want us to get heartbroken!). Grim stuck around for a bit afterwords, so I decided to let him help her "son" (this is where it gets related to my short story) with his homework. Then they started telling jokes, and I was really surprised that a sim could get along with Grim so well. That was where I got the inspiration for the short story (this woman wasn't actually supposed to be able to have kids, but she needed to obtain a child somehow).
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @CathyTea It's fine to share my stories :)
    This is kind of related to my November short story, so I'll put it in a spoiler tag:
    One time I had a sim who needed to do romantic interactions for her career, and her previous love interest had died, so I decided to invite over one of the gym trainers that she had a high relationship with. She didn't accept our flirts, so I had my sim go do something else when the gym trainer dies while dancing (no wonder why she wasn't accepting the flirts! She didn't want us to get heartbroken!). Grim stuck around for a bit afterwords, so I decided to let him help her "son" (this is where it gets related to my short story) with his homework. Then they started telling jokes, and I was really surprised that a sim could get along with Grim so well. That was where I got the inspiration for the short story (this woman wasn't actually supposed to be able to have kids, but she needed to obtain a child somehow).

So fun! It seems like magic always creeps through the seams into your games! :)

edited November 2015
    OMP :O I found some blooper pictures from my first ever TS4 story.
    SdsLntB.jpg
    HOdG3mD.jpg
    Rdl4UDm.jpg
    @DreamsInPixels LOL! These are SOOO great!

• PinkslinkyPinkslinky Posts: 306 Member
    I never let my sims die. That is, until I found this place and started a legacy. There is a thread somewhere here were I wondered if my founder's spouse was glitched because it took him a very, very, VERY long time to die after I got the message that he needed to get his act together. He got his wife pregnant the day before he received the message and got to see that child age into a teen. I was exasperated. I wanted him to die already and get it over with. And then when he died, I got all choked up about it. Felt pretty silly about it. Glad I'm not alone.
    Pinkslinky wrote: »
    I never let my sims die. That is, until I found this place and started a legacy. There is a thread somewhere here were I wondered if my founder's spouse was glitched because it took him a very, very, VERY long time to die after I got the message that he needed to get his act together. He got his wife pregnant the day before he received the message and got to see that child age into a teen. I was exasperated. I wanted him to die already and get it over with. And then when he died, I got all choked up about it. Felt pretty silly about it. Glad I'm not alone.

Legacies really put us through it, don't they?

Did the spouse have the long-lived trait, the reward from completing body builder aspiration? That can cause them to live for three Sim weeks or more with the sparkly life bar.

Last night in my game, Grim hung out to play cards with the birthday girl:

cypbday06.png

Of course, they became friends!

Question: Have your Sims become friends with Grim? Share your stories! :)

Rose and Grim were best friends. After Claire died, Grim stayed for a really long time just talking and telling jokes with Rose.

Ilya(my legacy founder) is in the science career and one of her tasks was to make a Serum that causes temporary friendship with Grim. When she drank it, it summoned him and now they're really friends.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Natalie and her older son, Endeavor, have both made friends with Grim.
  • PinkslinkyPinkslinky Posts: 306 Member
    edited November 2015

Did the spouse have the long-lived trait, the reward from completing body builder aspiration? That can cause them to live for three Sim weeks or more with the sparkly life bar.

He didn't have the long-lived trait, I don't think. And he only had a fitness level of 4. But he was pretty buff.

Also: I never make friends with Grim. He hangs out at the lounge all the time and I'm afraid of him. I won't let my sims interact with him because I'm afraid he might like them too much and decide to carry them away.
  • KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    Cade Lasalle's children are growing up, and older than him. Being the alien's chosen to breed, he has to stay young as his family spans the generations. As of yet, Grim hasn't come but for a treasured spouse. But he will, soon. :(
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    tumblr_ny9xavp9sX1tn6pi8o2_1280.png

RIP Generation 2, your love and life was beautiful.
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    pic-74.jpg

Aunt Madison--sister to one of my favorite heirs, Peyton. A beauty and unique personality <3
    Pinkslinky wrote: »

He didn't have the long-lived trait, I don't think. And he only had a fitness level of 4. But he was pretty buff.

Also: I never make friends with Grim. He hangs out at the lounge all the time and I'm afraid of him. I won't let my sims interact with him because I'm afraid he might like them too much and decide to carry them away.

My gen 2 heir, Acacia, flirted with Grim a lot--and he flirted back with her--after she pleaded for her mom's life. I always figured that was why she had a tough time finding romance. She did have a really good relationship with Kyler, whom she married, but it always seemed that her first love was Grim. After she became a ghost, her ghost never once came back to the lot!

• SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Question for the Day:

(We'd love to share these stories on our Purple Day Sims blog. If you prefer that we don't share them there, please let me know when you post it! And, if we do post your story, we'll credit you and link back to your blog, so readers can read more of your work.)

I think just this chapter sums everything up:

1x1 Pool of Death
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member

cypbday06.png

Demetri became good friends with Grim, and that's why he showed up at Leliana's birthday party since Demetri threw it! (At least, that's what I'm assuming.)
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |

Demetri became good friends with Grim, and that's why he showed up at Leliana's birthday party since Demetri threw it! (At least, that's what I'm assuming.)

Or maybe he just wanted a dip?

Oh! I've got a funny screenshot of Grim in the shower! LOL!

tomas07.png?w=450

Question for the Day:

I think just this chapter sums everything up:

1x1 Pool of Death

I couldn't believe how awesome this chapter was! It was so incredible that I thought it came from the amazing imagination of SummerFalls, rather than from the game itself!

Purple Day is one week from today!

How will you celebrate?

Share your plans and ideas here! :)<3:)