Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Group/Family Portraits and poses

The game desperately needs these two.
Yes there is the photography skill but it is not enough. That is for one sim or maximum two.

We need portraits where a group of sims be in a picture. Get Together is all about doing things together so what if you want a group/club to have a picture of the members hanged on the wall? No option for that.

Gurus, Please give us an option for taking a picture of group of sims (up to 8 sims) where they can stand or sit, give us some poses and also the ability to hang the picture on the wall.

I don't want this to be part of a photography skill or anything. I just want as a player myself to be able to do this. I want the group/family/friends picture to be hanging in the house. It is one way to keep the memories of our sims alive for their next generation.

We don't have this tool now. Please give it to us.
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited November 2015
    Yes, is really needed!

Also, make it that kids and adults can take pictures together.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I was really bummed when I learned the limitations of the photography skill. What's the point of a photo studio if you can't take a picture of a group!
    aSE16f8.gif
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Yes please! I need to be able to take ugly Christmas sweater portraits!
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I tried to take a few pics of the Addams family to test out the photobooth. Then tried with Lurch's camera and no booth.

d47df98704.png

Pugsley didn't like his parents kissing though, and reacted to it even with autonomy off.

cd75a83d0e.png

28904c717c.png
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Ah yes, Morticia and Gomez. Probably the most passionate and cutest couple ever.

On topic, I do hope for more group portrait options as well. At least there are chairs and the like for now I guess. Crossing fingers that with this new EP or some sort of update that it will simply be just selecting more than one sim for the camera.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah Posing is hard, It took dozens of tries to get my Sims Wedding Portrait together.

I would like more paintings, and pictures of the family and friends but it's kind of stressful.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I would love to see this as well but not as part of GT, GT isn't something I am interested in, but have always wanted the group pictures.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I couldn't agree more. If this is left out then it was a missed opportunity. Also the cover of GT shows a group of sims taking a picture. Maybe it s one of the embargoed things from creator camp we 'll find out about Monday.

Remember everything hasn't been revealed yet.
  • stephAnie1864stephAnie1864 Posts: 200 Member
    The game desperately needs these two.
    Yes there is the photography skill but it is not enough. That is for one sim or maximum two.

We need portraits where a group of sims be in a picture. Get Together is all about doing things together so what if you want a group/club to have a picture of the members hanged on the wall? No option for that.

Gurus, Please give us an option for taking a picture of group of sims (up to 8 sims) where they can stand or sit, give us some poses and also the ability to hang the picture on the wall.

I don't want this to be part of a photography skill or anything. I just want as a player myself to be able to do this. I want the group/family/friends picture to be hanging in the house. It is one way to keep the memories of our sims alive for their next generation.

We don't have this tool now. Please give it to us.

I agree that we really should have group/family portraits and poses in the game. It would be so good if we were able to do these. Even having the option from the Sims 2 to ask another sim to "take my picture" would be a good action to have in the game.
  • BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I agree! I tried to get my huge family in a group picture, but it is practically impossible.
    Happy Simming!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Does it help when taking a family portrait, to turn autonomy off or does it matter?
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @ Dannydanbo Possibly. I'm not exactly sure as I always have it on. I will probably try that when my game is ready for holiday pictures.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I tried to take a few pics of the Addams family to test out the photobooth. Then tried with Lurch's camera and no booth.

d47df98704.png

Pugsley didn't like his parents kissing though, and reacted to it even with autonomy off.

cd75a83d0e.png

28904c717c.png

The pics you have taken are good. Just wish they could all look at the camera.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    I couldn't agree more. If this is left out then it was a missed opportunity. Also the cover of GT shows a group of sims taking a picture. Maybe it s one of the embargoed things from creator camp we 'll find out about Monday.

Remember everything hasn't been revealed yet.

To me this is a big feature. Something I really want and if GT has it then it would be awesome.
    giphy.gif
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    I would like this too!
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Agreed! I would love a group photo feature - for families and now for clubs. Maybe it can be done in a large-type photo booth (you know, Sims 4 loves having those giant objects!). :p It would be nice to have up to 8 Sims pose, but any amount more than two would certainly help.
    edited November 2015
    In The Sims 2 with the move object cheat we could select the sims and put two sims on a single grid then take the picture so everybody appear nicely in the photo. Also we had pose which did not require us to turn freewill off. I don't know if the move object cheat in TS4 works on sims as well or if it is able to move two sims close on the same grid.

I hope the developers give us that. Pose the sims then take their picture. I don't think this feature would be very difficult to do.
    giphy.gif
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    You can use the photo screen that came with GTW . Is not great , but you can at least take group photos.
    21mbz47.jpg
    edited November 2015
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    You can use the photo screen that came with GTW . Is not great , but you can at least take group photos.

You mean taking screenshot by pressing "C"?
    Yes this is good but we cannot use it as a portrait to be hanged on the wall. If they give us this option to hang whatever screenshot we take I would be happy as well.

Pose option is necessary because I can control my own sims but how to control the townies or the NPCs. Without pose option it is difficult.
    The pose option should be for active sims and for the non playable. For the non playable there should be two options "Come here" and "Pose"
    giphy.gif
    edited November 2015

You mean taking screenshot by pressing "C"?
    Yes this is good but we cannot use it as a portrait to be hanged on the wall. If they give us this option to hang whatever screenshot we take I would be happy as well.

Pose option is necessary because I can control my own sims but how to control the townies or the NPCs. Without pose option it is difficult.
    The pose option should be for active sims and for the non playable. For the non playable there should be two options "Come here" and "Pose"

You can though. You can even buy the portraits. Do you own get to work?

They pose too, it's random though
    21mbz47.jpg

Yes I have GTW but using the photography skill you cant get a group or family portrait.
    giphy.gif
    edited November 2015

Yes I have GTW but using the photography skill you cant get a group or family portrait.

I don't know. I mean I have a photographer sim and I made her take pictures of my active sims to hang up pictures of them in my town gym and I made them pose in the photo screen thing and then I made them buy the pictures.

I can hang them but I can only pick one frame, but you can frame them and put pictures on the wall

The main problem is that the photography skill is half baked just like everything else in this game.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I just had a thought (rare but happens sometimes) it would be nice if we could make our screen shots into pictures we could hang on the wall, the large size and either portrait or landscape......that may make it easier for us and EA.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I really wish there was a option for family portraits including the baby object, just one of the many ways family players are ignored in this game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"