Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod Question - &*%! Wild Horses

Does anyone know if a mod exists to completely disallow a wild horse population, including the unicorn?

The wild horses cause a slow down in my game every time they show up because they encounter a routing error trying to get to my garden (I have a fence around it so they can't get in), and the unicorn itself (Scarlet Horse...) causes a slow down when he arrives as he teleports into my back garden.

Is the only way to deal with this destroy my sims garden, or does someone know of a mod that will completely disallow a wild horse population, because they're driving me insane!
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Wild animals are Service Sims and therefore can be controlled by species with NRaas Register, under Animal Control.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Register
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    Thank you sooooo much! I'm so sick of those things!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Strangely enough, although they get cats, dogs, and the occasional raccoon, I have never seen a wild horse enter any of my sims' lots in any kind of world I have ever played (a Bridgeport highrise would be kind of funny I suppose). I do see them wander into some of the neighbors' lots, though. My sims always have to go out looking for them if they want to interact with one.

Wonder what makes yours so appealing to them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I get wild horses in my Sims yards and homes at times.

I remember when the greenhouse venue was first released. I planted too close to the windows and a deer poked it's head into the window and ate a plant.
    @igazor The only thing that I can think of is the garden. If I don't have a garden, I don't get the unicorn and the unicorn is always followed by every wild horse in the neighbourhood. I'll have to see if it will persist with a family that doesn't have a garden, but I've downloaded the mod and have got rid of them and the deer so I can't do it with this game, or I won't!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Almost all of my households have a garden to some extent if they have any land to work with; some are very small, others are practically farms. In fact, I do have an actual large farm on one home lot but made the mistake of setting all of that up just as a long winter was starting in that world so they haven't planted anything yet except in the greenhouse.

But for the others, that's why I'm puzzled. Ah well, maybe I'm just missing the equine visits each time they happen, though I would certainly notice if they started munching on the crops. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    If you have put pond in your yard the unicorn and horses usually show up about three sim weeks after you build it.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I have wild horses and unicorns set to 0 with NRaas Register, but they still show up now and then. Just the other day, a wild horse came into my sim's yard, almost right up to her, while she was outside.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I had a wild horse on the Second story of one of my houses once!! I thinking major glitch, though it was pretty funny. I had to object delete the dang thing.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Ha! That's funny! I think Roy Rogers horse Trigger ran upstairs inside a house in one of the episodes! :lol: Might've been Trigger up to his old tricks again.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited November 2015
    Horses and unicorns love!!!! veggies and fruit.they like to show up where the food and water is.And the best part of Pets expansion in my opinion is the minor pets and large birds.SQUIRRELS <3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat I really enjoy the minor pets as well, but admittedly could do without the squirrels and chipmunks, but only the ones that spwan by the 10's of thousands in leaf piles on your property.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Ha! That's funny! I think Roy Rogers horse Trigger ran upstairs inside a house in one of the episodes! :lol: Might've been Trigger up to his old tricks again.

I deleted Trigger?!? Eek! ;)
    Horses and unicorns love!!!! veggies and fruit.they like to show up where the food and water is.And the best part of Pets expansion in my opinion is the minor pets and large birds.SQUIRRELS <3

I love minor pets too, the rats are my favorite as I have had rats as pets for years, I'm down to a singleton, Snickers (his two brothers died recently :( ). I have an African Grey IRL (Kellie) she is 19 and flipping awesome, I never have pet birds in sims though, not sure why as I did have one of my Sims befriend an African Grey once, I had her let him go free though.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    It's funny reading this, I remember watching Lifesimmer and she had a wild horse problem for a little bit, I seem to be out of the loop I hardly ever see any horses, I've seen a deer a couple of times but it always runs away from my sims. Now that I said that I bet I'll see a whole bunch of horses lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    It's funny reading this, I remember watching Lifesimmer and she had a wild horse problem for a little bit, I seem to be out of the loop I hardly ever see any horses, I've seen a deer a couple of times but it always runs away from my sims. Now that I said that I bet I'll see a whole bunch of horses lol.

Murphy's law....;)
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member

Murphy's law....;)

yep yep...maybe I won't play today, no I need to go check.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Circus-of-CatsCircus-of-Cats Posts: 55 Member
    I've had a few horses stuck in my yards but usually only in Hidden Springs. And yes, I always have thousands of those squirrels and chipmunks in the yard. I have the children pick them all up and sell them.
    Oh, and I once had a deer get stuck in my dining room. I have no idea how it got there but I had to delete the wall so it could leave.
    @igazor Scarlet Horse ate my only death flower bush before I could harvest it. I was surprised (and admittedly disappointed) that he'd survived. I downloaded the register and sent him into the ether. I suppose the unicorn and wild horses are nice if you like the horses in this game, but I find more often than not in my games, they get stuck somewhere and cause stalling. In AP the worst offender was the Darnell horse (don't remember it's name). It got stuck constantly at it's house. For some reason the name Goober or Goo Goo is sticking in my head. I can't remember what that horses name is!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]