The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 4x4 Challenge for Sims 3

Comments

• SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Poor Shane! lol That industrial look with the wicker weave flooring is really interesting! I like the idea of the bio and backstory... will work on putting one together as well.

Hey @BSIRegina - have you started yet? Can't wait to see your pictures.

@suzses - how is yours going?
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Nope, have no started yet but have almost all the Sims I want for the town put together so there's that! I was running low on Sims AND inspiration last night so I made a family of clones. I also have a half-dozen or so self-Sims from a group of people that I'm fixing up right now to add. And of course as I watch you both progressing have the back side of my brain strategizing, although by the time I actually get started I will have forgotten half of that.

I am liking the screenshots and now I have to stop my "work" and go start on dinner.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Mine is going, well, fast. Faster than I expected. Just built my 4th 4x4. Still feel like I don't have any room. lol

I split one of mine spatially, too. Not quite the same way. I overlapped my second part by two spaces with the first part and then added the missing two spaces on the back. The reason was to create a little visual interest. I'll post some pictures this weekend.

My simmie got married and the wedding gifts pretty well funded the 3rd part. That was around the same time his gem cutting reached a point where it's worthwhile, plus his painting is better.

You know, the hardest part of this is to spend that entire 9500 with each addition. I suppose I should buy a car or something, but that wasn't my vision for them. The have bikes, a burglar alarm (which isn't a bad idea since I was blowing simoleons on art), an expensive little wall tv (fits about as well as a car lol), two laptops. Basically anything that doesn't take up much room. The 4th part is a nursery, but I think I'll hold off on any babies till there's a couple more sections at least.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    Mine is going, well, fast. Faster than I expected. Just built my 4th 4x4. Still feel like I don't have any room. lol

I split one of mine spatially, too. Not quite the same way. I overlapped my second part by two spaces with the first part and then added the missing two spaces on the back. The reason was to create a little visual interest. I'll post some pictures this weekend.

My simmie got married and the wedding gifts pretty well funded the 3rd part. That was around the same time his gem cutting reached a point where it's worthwhile, plus his painting is better.

You know, the hardest part of this is to spend that entire 9500 with each addition. I suppose I should buy a car or something, but that wasn't my vision for them. The have bikes, a burglar alarm (which isn't a bad idea since I was blowing simoleons on art), an expensive little wall tv (fits about as well as a car lol), two laptops. Basically anything that doesn't take up much room. The 4th part is a nursery, but I think I'll hold off on any babies till there's a couple more sections at least.

LOL! I also found that spending the extra $ after the add on was the tough part, I did buy a car as that is how I wanted my story to head and it was an easy way to get rid of $$ :smiley: . You could always do a familyfunds and set it back to $500.00.

Adding rules for marriage.....right now. :)
    Marriage rules - cool! Sent my girl out to do some collecting last night and sell off her fruits and veggies. Between that and her writing, now I have to add on again and figure out how to spend that 10,000! lol
    edited November 2015
    I was playing with Pearl today and since Shane is her next door neighbor I decided to send her over to say hi and have a chat... Duh! Wrong picture that is Shane and Seth exchanging intros! Screenshot-316_zpsyuqrh8iv.jpg
    Intros went well then the doorbell rang, Seth showed up and he and Pearl hit it off right away, poor Shane.Screenshot-320_zpsvdi8efi1.jpg
    Surprise the doorbell rang again, Blaire was at the door....how many Sims can you fit in a 4x4, this is going to turn into a clown car!Screenshot-329_zpspz4wbkod.jpg
    Post edited by Charlottesmom on
    Surprise the doorbell rang again, Blaire was at the door....how many Sims can you fit in a 4x4, this is going to turn into a clown car!Screenshot-329_zpspz4wbkod.jpg

Poor Shane! In this picture I imagine him saying "what am I, a ghost?" lol

• MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I keep on checking this thread to read all about y'alls Sims. I thinking I'm going to try this challenge I was waiting for the updated rules.
    @Surreal Blaire was chatting with him for a few minutes then I guess her phone seemed more interesting. Seth and Pearl were too into each other to care about anyone around them. <3 Seth is looking like Pearl's first conquest! I will be playing both houses (Pearl and Shane) because I want their stories to overlap at some point though not sure exactly how, they will be friends at any rate. I bet (knowing me) it will turn into a huge soap opera! :D
    Minx wrote: »
    I keep on checking this thread to read all about y'alls Sims. I thinking I'm going to try this challenge I was waiting for the updated rules.

@Minx Hi! Just posted them today if you have any questions just ask, and please post pictures we love pictures! ;)
    edited November 2015
    Oh yes - c'mon @Minx - you know you want to! lol Would love to see your story. :smile:

Edit to add: Haven't forgotten about the NIF Challenge - just kinda got caught up in this one.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Can I use the tea set? It is cheap and provides fun, hunger, energy and social all in one go. And what about dragons?

Sure on both counts, I never thought to use either but will do a test with each later on. I really want a green dragon but keep getting purples!

To get green just repeat talking about the weather I think it was.I always liked the armored "must plot against my enemies". >:) Although armored dragon feels like a major cheat and I feel guilty using it.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Can I use the tea set? It is cheap and provides fun, hunger, energy and social all in one go. And what about dragons?

Sure on both counts, I never thought to use either but will do a test with each later on. I really want a green dragon but keep getting purples!

To get green just repeat talking about the weather I think it was.I always liked the armored "must plot against my enemies". >:) Although armored dragon feels like a major cheat and I feel guilty using it.

I'll try that, thanks. :)
    @CravenLestat - yes, the armored black dragons are a major cheat - sleep? We don't need no stinkin' sleep. lol But occasionally it's useful. I've decided I'm going to build a dragon home on my lot so she can stop carrying them in her inventory - every time she goes idle, out pops a dragon - oops - hope you weren't relying on those motives for anything.

OK, so time for a third expansion. Whew - this girl just makes money too fast. Now she has an official kitchen.
    23183786245_81195ac447_b.jpg
    23157698946_dfc91022b0_b.jpg
    22556744373_52b7009a2c_b.jpg

Stopped by a beach just after dark. Apparently these townies prefer moonbathing
    22815821749_4638e36b5f_b.jpg

Invited Kearney O'Shea to the tournament grounds for a bit of archery practice. He looks a little annoyed that she's using two arrows - guess he was trying to impress her
    22815798699_440e11e6be_b.jpg

Yup, he's annoyed.
    22556702263_6c23df075b_b.jpg

So I've decided my girl is a time-traveller because... why not. She has travelled back into the past of knights and chivalry and dragons. Again, because I can do that. (Make that decision, not time-travel). Sooo.... while they are at the tourney grounds, some other time-traveling modern woman shows up and starts making moves on Kearney. He doesn't know what a cell phone is (I know, I know but stay with me here, people)
    23183744225_0ae723a221_b.jpg

Watching moving pictures on that tiny screen at first confuses him (yes, that is confusion on his face)
    22555253004_8031fc780f_b.jpg

But then terrifies him. You can almost hear him say "Get thee behind me, Satan!"
    23157646246_3ac1a47194_b.jpg

My girl notices the commotion and comes over, telling the woman to take a hike
    22789576107_fcf1221100_b.jpg

What is her problem? Doesn't she know she needs to blend? She could gets both killed! The surrounded by 🐸🐸🐸🐸 look
    22555223814_419a9d5469_b.jpg

Kearney approves - I guess he likes feisty.
    22556663213_fa5458d479_b.jpg

@Surreal Your narrative with the pictures cracks me up! You're doing awesome!! :smiley:
    Oh my, @Surreal , that was the best update. And, here I was going to do boring house pictures . . . which I still am :D
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Second phase, aka first addition.

Screenshot-87.jpg

Screenshot-82202.jpg

Screenshot-86.jpg

Creative ways to waste money: (1) Buy lots of wisteria at 300 simoleons a pop.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited November 2015
    Since Morida (as in O'Connell) moved in as soon as there was a place for her to sleep, I thought I should introduce her. She and Marshall were all gaga over each other immediately, and I looked at her and decided I could work with that, and so I did.

My Morida is, well, mine, as in edited and made over, and not who you'll find living with her parents in just any Dragon Valley.

Looking a bit too above her lowly position in life, as chief cook and bottle washer in an 8x8 cottage (not technically what it is but easier than figuring out what else to call it):

Screenshot-88.jpg

Meeting her new bestie, purple dragon, Beacan*:

Screenshot-95.jpg

Morida is athletic - I changed some of her traits but not that one - so she tends to waste her free time doing this (or ice skating if it's winter):

Screenshot-97.jpg

* Oh, the dragons . . . why didn't I play with them before? Well, one reason might be my sims got more other things done :p Marshall has two dragons. The first was Brussels, the green dragon, followed shortly there after by Bellatrix, the black dragon. Since poor Morida had no little buddy, I sent her to the tavern to meet Beacan, who I already mentioned is purple. Not sure I want to deal with red and fires . . .
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Third phase, aka 2nd addition:

Added on to the side, making a kitchen - and now we have more than one chair, too!

Screenshot-94.jpg

Screenshot-93.jpg

Screenshot-90.jpg

Invested in expensive kitchen cabinets, nicer bathroom fixtures, and I guess mostly outdoor stuff - including ivy that costs as much as the wisteria.

Just love the lighting in DV - again, why haven't I been playing this?
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Fourth phase, aka third addition:

I guess I forgot to take much in the way of pictures at this stage. Here's the floorplan.

Screenshot-96.jpg
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Last picture spam for today. The current stage. It appears I did even worse taking pictures after the one above, because I don't think I have any shots at all when I moved back the bedroom and made its former area a little sitting/living room (I think that's the point where I took the picture of Morida working out). So, anyway, there are two additions added below that weren't in the picture above. In the latest part, I split up my new 4x4 area again this time adding 2x4 on back and 2x4 on side. Also redid the roofs, moved the bathroom and made it bigger, added a chess table.

Screenshot-98.jpg

Screenshot-99.jpg

Screenshot-100.jpg
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @suzses Oh my goodness, those winter pictures are soooo pretty! The house looks picture perfect in the winter with those colors. :smiley:

You guys really get me bummed that I had no idea how to take screenshots when I was writing up and testing this challenge, I had some awesome stuff, now I'm too into Pearl (Shane's next door neighbor) and her story to get Shane working on biggering his house. Maybe I should move Pearl into Shane's 4x4 as a roommate! I adore them both....
    @suzses Oh my goodness, those winter pictures are soooo pretty! The house looks picture perfect in the winter with those colors. :smiley:

You guys really get me bummed that I had no idea how to take screenshots when I was writing up and testing this challenge, I had some awesome stuff, now I'm too into Pearl (Shane's next door neighbor) and her story to get Shane working on biggering his house. Maybe I should move Pearl into Shane's 4x4 as a roommate! I adore them both....

Thanks! Yes, I loved the winter colors, too, and the lighting.

It would be really interesting to see if you could manage two roommate sims in a 4x4.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »

Thanks! Yes, I loved the winter colors, too, and the lighting.

It would be really interesting to see if you could manage two roommate sims in a 4x4.

I'd have to have them sleep in shifts as you can only have a single bed in a 4x4 (I tried a double, it was a routing nightmare!). I havn't really even started with Shane making any money twards his first expansion so I could move Jade in and go for the $20,000 for the first expansion. I think starting a couple with a 5x5 should be doable, I'll test it out...
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Ooh, pretty pretty pictures suzses!

And you know what? I just finished up the very last must-have family for Bellatrix. I thought I had an over-run of female Sims until I started counting everyone and realized I was short on the women instead. Now I just need to get all these Sims moved into Bellatrix and I'll be ready to go--I think.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)