This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

What to Do Next....

Hey simmers! So one of the things that I love as a community is that we love to interact with one another and love to show off our sims. Now I'm not sure if it's just me but sometimes I kind of get stuck on one household like I'm not sure on where to go with my sims' story. So I'm making this little thread to kind of showcase other simmers creations and maybe get some suggestions on what your sims could or should do next. And if you have sims that you feel need a new direction or change in their stories feel free to add them on to the thread :)

So here is my sim, Peyton Hawthorne. She's a huge gamer as you can see and she's an aspiring astronaut. She's best friends with Summer Holiday. lives in Willow Creek and is working on her budding romance with a guy named Angelo. And secretly she loves to earn extra simoleons through hacking. But I feel like maybe she could use some twist in her life. Any suggestions?

35d3fk4.jpg
333z5w2.jpg
2qcnvi1.jpg
1FKDfKj.png

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I get the sense it's not going to work out with Angelo. I think she really likes Summer more. lol
  • Options
    zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    I found myself in the same road block with my current active family the Woods.
    It was pretty boring until one of my teen twins Emery met Devin, her boyfriend, and actually had him move in.
    That started making everything a little more exciting around the house.. idk XD

But I'm thinking she should take up more of this hacking business. :'D
  • Options
    NatariaNataria Posts: 587 Member
    I know that feeling im procrasinating updating my story even though i have all these pictures.. aaaand im making sims instead. Sims i will never play
    Origin name: Beatrix85
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,182 Member
    edited November 2015
    I think it's time to lead a double life , she likes to walk on the wild side (hacking) so why not let her go in that direction . Mild mannered Peyton by day and let down your hair(or take off her glasses) PeyPey at night with midnight meetings with Angelo and trips to the lounge for a little more action.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,058 Member
    I think you should build up her and summers funds so they can move to Wi denberg soon and check out the night life there!
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    Heh. Hacking starts to make more than her real job, and so she leans in that direction more and more. Quit and get her the criminal job, cheat (careers.promote criminal) until you get her on the hacking track. Go full out from there.

I also second a girl!crush on Summer that turns into something more after a few drinks and a night on the town. >:D
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Haha you guys are funny. Well I'll update you guys with some of the changes and see how it goes. By the way if you guys want to add your sims just to see if you need a plot twist feel free :)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    zombii3 wrote: »
    I found myself in the same road block with my current active family the Woods.
    It was pretty boring until one of my teen twins Emery met Devin, her boyfriend, and actually had him move in.
    That started making everything a little more exciting around the house.. idk XD

But I'm thinking she should take up more of this hacking business. :'D

I named one of my family Woods also (sorry I am off topic) I just had to. The fathers name is Lorson D. Woods. (Lost in the woods!) and the mother is Ina Woods (In the Woods) and the children are Notting Woods (Not in woods!) and Olaf D. Woods (I left the woods). LOL Thats how I make it more interesting, I name them weird names and then when the captions come up I laugh!
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    i like to play logical. it kills to give my sim traits, a job and friends but they dont link with one another. As in what is your idea behind a sim that is going to be an atronaut, but also does hacking? What links them to eachother? How is it possible in your story that she has those two interest. ANd why she suddenly wants to become a writer? Is it because a hacker does not go along with a fancy autronaut-career? Maybe if you think about that, you will create a story yourself.

Not sure if i could explain it well enought though. basically, dont just choose traits, cause you might get stuck without a logical sim or story :) I didnt mean to say anything about you sim ofcourse, just in general.
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    @simsfur I agree totally with you. Things need to make sense. Even if I'm doing a random generator to try to shake me out of my usual choices, I never choose anything I can't make a story out of. The Sims is rather boring if you aren't playing doll house. ;)