This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

EP 3 is being worked on confirmed

1789101113...Next

Comments

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited November 2015
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    sam123 wrote: »
    Let me guess, Get Partying?

Fun, no really, very fun. Very very fun, right EA?

This. Most likely a Late Night type EP. We know how these things work by now. No way will they ever actually use their brains and bring back Toddlers.
    It was regarded as the best decision for the game. Why would they?

You forgot at the time, it was regarded as the best decision for the game at that point in time.
    Suuuuuuure, it was...

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »

Why not a Pack which includes something like slumber parties or family celebrations etc. ? Generations provided a lot of party content for TS3. You can watch it yourself - official Generation trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hajq1nwsAM&ab_channel=TheSims

Even though I'm fairly positive Get Together was also started after the base game, the next pack should truly reflect what players want. Time will tell.

Pardon monsieur, family players (or you) does not equal all players. Actually many people wanted a pack like this. Also the positive reception on youtube of Get Together is a good sign and stands for itself - either you like it or not (and - nota bene - youtube is a place where the majority voices their opinion + it offers an unequivocally vote system). TS4 has been since release on the right track and I like this game a lot.

However: I'd love to see an University or Metropolis EP next.

The group aspects of Get Together actually lend themselves quite well to family play, especially extended families not under the same roof -- you could form a group of just your family members to make it easy to meet up for activities like maybe a weekly cookout at the park or if you've got adult female siblings they can have a "girls day" at the spa. And maybe slumber parties will be one of the options available for kids groups; I'm already thinking of a weekend trip to Granite Falls for a Kids Adventure Group, and have a group cabin underway (just need to add in a few activities like Don't Wake The Llama and build a natural pool in the backyard).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Considering how long it seems take them to make an EP, I expect July as release date

Considering that GT was originally supposed to release in November -- they only pushed it back to add a few things which takes a shorter amount of time than designing and programming a pack from scratch -- I'd go with May or June for release.
  • Options
    GreyWind wrote: »
    Please, no more parties.

I wouldn't mind some children/teen oriented parties -- slumber parties, children's birthday parties with games (Pin The Ears On The Llama?) and a way for the child's friends to be invited even if the parent who plans the party doesn't know them that well. Teen parties like prom night, especially if we get some fancy restaurants so they can dress up and go out to dinner before the dance.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Hopefully they'll give us an option of whether we'd like an Imaginer Friend for specific Babies, perhaps make it an Object from Buy Mode? And only have a small chance that other Babies in the game would have one too.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options

This. Most likely a Late Night type EP. We know how these things work by now. No way will they ever actually use their brains and bring back Toddlers.

You forgot at the time, it was regarded as the best decision for the game at that point in time.
    Suuuuuuure, it was...

If they were only in the creation phase or testing phase of Toddlers and they knew Toddlers were lacking allot, I think it was a good decision to leave them out if that was the case, besides, as a company, they have to choose which things have to be sacrificed for whatever reason to get the game released on time, if they think it was the right decision, then it was the right decision for them, whether it was wrong or right to leave out Toddlers regardless of how fleshed out they were, it's entirely subjective and the lack of Toddlers hasn't caused The Sims 4 to get cancelled after over 13 months of being released without them.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

Suuuuuuure, it was...

If they were only in the creation phase or testing phase of Toddlers and they knew Toddlers were lacking allot, I think it was a good decision to leave them out if that was the case, besides, as a company, they have to choose which things have to be sacrificed for whatever reason to get the game released on time, if they think it was the right decision, then it was the right decision for them, whether it was wrong or right to leave out Toddlers regardless of how fleshed out they were, it's entirely subjective and the lack of Toddlers hasn't caused The Sims 4 to get cancelled after over 13 months of being released without them.
    I don't buy the "at the time" line was the point of that sarcasm.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm wishing for something related to animals or supernatural creatures. But, whatever else it is, I really hope it's not half-baked.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,396 Member
    I actualy kinda liked imaginary friends,there fun things for toddler to do . To be social,we didn't have any todler on the lot. Actualy I hope if they do bring toddler's backed,they make it so they can talked to other toddlers.I hope ythey bring imaginary friends too,but I agree it dshould be you have to buy it .
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2015
    Maybe they could tie imaginary friends to a trait? Like... a "dreamer" trait or something along those lines. Anyway, child sim with the trait can design their own imaginary friend (in CAS, with special imaginary friend options!). The imaginary friend starts out slightly opaque (sort of like a ghost) and solidifies as the relationship increases. Only the child can see this process, though. Attaching it to a trait would allow those who want to the feature to access it, save the players from it who are't interested, and make it a rather unique feature in the process.

The buying it thing would work too, though! I'm just a trait hog lol.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Maybe they could tie imaginary friends to a trait? Like... a "dreamer" trait or something along those lines. Anyway, child sim with the trait can design their own imaginary friend (in CAS, with special imaginary friend options!). The imaginary friend starts out slightly opaque (sort of like a ghost) and solidifies as the relationship increases. Only the child can see this process, though. Attaching it to a trait would allow those who want to the feature to access it, save the players from it who are't interested, and make it a rather unique feature in the process.

The buying it thing would work too, though! I'm just a trait hog lol.

Good idea, I hope Imaginary Friends aren't just doll-like, I mean they creeped me out a little xD It would be cool if realistic Sims were imaginary friends too and sometimes the Imaginary Friends would be Evil x.x
  • Options
    zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    GreyWind wrote: »
    Please, no more parties.

I wouldn't mind some children/teen oriented parties -- slumber parties, children's birthday parties with games (Pin The Ears On The Llama?) and a way for the child's friends to be invited even if the parent who plans the party doesn't know them that well. Teen parties like prom night, especially if we get some fancy restaurants so they can dress up and go out to dinner before the dance.

kimchi-doublea_zpsb9795bec.gif

I like this idea. Child-Teen feel kinda ignored in regards to get together options.