This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

With the new town coming I'm thinking about doing a major overhaul on my other maps..

I've been thinking for awhile how nice it'd be to have all my residential homes in one map, and all my public areas in another.
I'd just love to have all my main active homes in one area, and then side families and "extras" in another/smaller map.
I don't know yet but I think it'd be nice and I could finally download more gallery public lots.

What are you guys doing to do with the new town?

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,418 Member
    I've been organising my worlds, but I'm doing quite the opposite :D I like having public areas in different places. I think having one public area in each neighbourhood gives them nice characteristic. I also like themed neighbourhoods, so I've been trying to improve those. It's cool how differently people play.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    zombii3 wrote: »
    I've been thinking for awhile how nice it'd be to have all my residential homes in one map, and all my public areas in another.
    I'd just love to have all my main active homes in one area, and then side families and "extras" in another/smaller map.
    I don't know yet but I think it'd be nice and I could finally download more gallery public lots.

I have already done this to some extent. Willow Creek is my residential town, Oasis Springs I have made more of a "fun" with bars and nightclubs gyms and stuff. I have made Magnolia Promade the town with the retail stores (obvious) and Newcrest I have a school with a ballpark (cc) a coffee house (cc) and spa's and one or two houses. So when this new town comes I hope to be able to make it more of a rural town with hopes of a pets pack someday!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I created a new save to test an idea. In MP, I replaced the shops with community buildings. On the large 40x30 lot, I placed the WC museum (which is also my garden wedding lot). On the 30x20 lot, I placed Patchy's Bar. On the 20x20 lot across from the museum, I placed the WC archive (library). It just fits but cuts off the rounded part of the porch in the rear and the backyard (which had no use). On the other 20x20 lot, I placed the Movers & Shakers Gym. It also cut off the useless backyard. Now, all my community lots are in one location. In the 4 community areas in WC and OS, I'll place 2 shops each and 2 bars (one in each will be a restaurant someday, hopefully. I think this may be the way I play MP. Using the older looking buildings from WC, makes MP look older and more grounded.
  • Options
    zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    I love all of those ideas!

I just don't know what I want to do.. But I definitely need more residential area! I'm out of space XD
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Quick question since I don't play TS4 yet (waiting for my vampires and witches...) Are you able to travel freely among all the towns with the same Sim?
  • Options
    dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    Yes and move families. No relationship ties are lost unless you start a new save.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    dmama1314 wrote: »
    Yes and move families. No relationship ties are lost unless you start a new save.

Wow they actually listened about something! So you can visit among all the towns as well as move your family from town to town?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @AmaraRena Yes. All worlds are connected and you can live and move to any of them,., with the exception of Granite Falls because that is a vacation world.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member

I'm going to try to put some kind of Spa there.
  • Options

I'm going to try to put some kind of Spa there.

Oooo that's a good idea! I don't have anything like that yet.
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    Well, I was thinking that the new world could be where I place all the Young Adult attractions, make Willow Creek where the families live, Oasis Springs where the elders retire, Magnolia Promenade will remain retaill, and Granite Falls remains a nice spot to visit for anyone.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm thinking Windenburg is my old money town. Newcrest is my new money town. Willow Creek is my easy, slow paced town and Oasis Springs is my Young Adult, hip, hop, hot town.
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm thinking Windenburg is my old money town. Newcrest is my new money town. Willow Creek is my easy, slow paced town and Oasis Springs is my Young Adult, hip, hop, hot town.

I suppose half-dressed, pool-loving, young adults would do best in a desert, eh?
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've been working on a Get Together world already. I've got all the entertainment venues (bar, nightclub, lounge) in Magnolia Promenade, plus a lot where I can put the discotheque. I took out the museum, nightclub and gym in Willow Creek, replacing them with a park that has a pool (it's modeled after one from Sunset Valley in Sims 3) and a wedding venue; the other lot will probably have a cafe. Oasis Springs has a museum I built, an ice cream stand from the Gallery, the gym from Spa Day, and the Perfect Balance Spa; I also have a small bar in the neighborhood where Johnny Zest's trailer is (which is currently the home of one of my starter Sims; Johnny is one of the first residents of my boarding house for single Sims). Newcrest is mostly residential, other than a Group Picnic Spot I built for Get Together gatherings, a bakery, and the Yoga Studio from the Spa Day pack. And in Granite Falls (Outdoor Retreat), I have a group cabin that can sleep up to 8, plus I put the massage center from Spa Day on one of the lots and modified it just a bit to include a yoga area on the outdoor patio. I'll probably fill up houses with Sims from Not In World that I don't want to get culled, except for the smaller houses for my younger Sims when they're starting out. I've got a couple of starter Sim households in mind from my current save; one is a single Sim who'll support himself with programming but dabble in the DJ skill, and the other is currently an astronaut Sim, who is pregnant from alien abduction, and his sister.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I like 1 neighbourhood in each town to have venues/shops. In WC/OS this is predetermined, in NC I guess the strip one (the tramline is the other option but seems too posh really). MP I'm thinking nightlife or culture quarter and Windenburg... I'm not sure, maybe modern business district and Old Town public and everything else residential.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,927 Member
    I have a mixture of venues and residents in OS and WC. But I have nothing going on in MP. I'm going to bulldoze those shops. In NC, I have three venues and some day I'll add a home for my elderly sims. I can't wait to see all of Windenburg.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    You guys are giving me such great ideas!! ♥♥
    Keep them coming..I still haven't decided! haha.