This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

How long do you have to wait for loading screens when playing Sims 4? - POLL TIME!

Comments

• Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Love your graphics card! :D:D:D
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    I'd like to upgrade some parts if there's good deals this black friday/cyber monday.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    My settings:
    22318132075_d366ec2371_o.png

@Aussie_Simmer You can defiantly play with ultra settings on that PC and it won't hinder your game play at all. Some settings require you to close out and re launch the game after changing to take effect.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    My settings:
    22318132075_d366ec2371_o.png

@Aussie_Simmer You can defiantly play with ultra settings on that PC and it won't hinder your game play at all. Some settings require you to close out and re launch the game after changing to take effect.

Thanks for sharing your game specs @simasaurus09! :)

I will keep that in mind! :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    zombii3 wrote: »
    I'd like to upgrade some parts if there's good deals this black friday/cyber monday.

I'm waiting for the "Boxing Day" sales in Australia. :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,913 Member
    edited November 2015
    Edge smoothing is getting smooth edges on the objects. You will get jagged edges if you put it none or low.
    My Top Song of the Day: Still Fly by The Devil Wears Prada
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Edge smoothing is getting smooth edges on the objects. You will get jagged edges if you put it none or low.

Oh.. that make sense! :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,418 Member
    Mine take several minutes, don't know how long exactly. I'm using lowest settings on almost everything. I have edge smoothing on low and view distance high. Can't wait to replace my laptop :smiley:
  • Options
    Mine take several minutes, don't know how long exactly. I'm using lowest settings on almost everything. I have edge smoothing on low and view distance high. Can't wait to replace my laptop :smiley:

You poor thing... I bet you can't!

Do you have any in mind? What's your budget?
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,418 Member

I'm waiting fot the parts to arrive :) Got some help available for building too. It will be around 1000€ + screen.
  • Options

I'm waiting fot the parts to arrive :) Got some help available for building too. It will be around 1000€ + screen.

I think I posted what I got recently on this thread... it set me back around $1700.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    About 15 seconds in the game I have had going since September 2014. Settings on Ultra.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    When I play the game on ultra setting and 2K resolution there is this feel of heaviness when rotating the mouse, but on ultra setting and 1920x1080 it is buttery smooth.

The loading times not just depend on PC specs but also the amount of CC and the number of households you have in the worlds
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    About 10 seconds or so for me.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    5-10 seconds it feels like I never really timed them
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,407 Member
    Mine are about 5 seconds on a fresh save. On my current save, loading screens are 15-25 seconds. Still very tolerable for me.

My specs allows for Ultra settings in game.

0I6qyXR.png
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Under 10 seconds, but in a new save like 2. I have everything on ultra but turned uncompressed sims textures off to save some ram.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,638 Member
    New save, 5 seconds. Once I've got a pile more Sims in the world, 10-12 seconds, and 12-15 for some non-residential lots. It's not bad - rarely enough time for me to even catch up on Twitter posts. Looking forward to getting a new graphics card soon (my son is upgrading his, and I'm getting his old one - nothing exciting, but better than what I have now) to see if it goes down.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I wait no more than a few seconds when i play on my mac (combo of mid and high settings) on my gaming pc its almost instant even when playing on ultra!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I just did a test:

3.33 seconds from opening screen to my neighborhood.
    10.69 seconds to get from house to library.
    23.62 seconds to get home from library.
    12.28 seconds to get from house to park.
    26.01 seconds to get home from park.

I play on Ultra settings. I have a gaming laptop -- don't know specs.

Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    When I play the game on ultra setting and 2K resolution there is this feel of heaviness when rotating the mouse, but on ultra setting and 1920x1080 it is buttery smooth.

The loading times not just depend on PC specs but also the amount of CC and the number of households you have in the worlds

Yeah you right, I just got a new pc and when I play with now 4 families and a good amount of cc and my loading time is 30 sec. with it set on High. so I dont think its your specs really.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I just checked on my main save and my load time for them to return to their lot was almost a minute. Mind you, this is a very big save I have been running almost a year now.
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Zeus Evo Storm 2000 Custom 240mm Liquid Cooling - Intel® Core™ i7-5930K - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 - 16GB DDR4 - 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD

Capacity: 3260 GB
    Memory: 16 GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

And I just got this pc.
  • Options
    hwaitaenghwaitaeng Posts: 57 Member
    typically anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute, depending on destination point. save file isn't very big - my laptop has just been running terribly after coming back to the US from Korea.

hjlvvBu.png

CCCq2h5.png
  • Options
    Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    60+ seconds. But I also have a big save file I'm playing and lots of cc