This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

EP 3 is being worked on confirmed

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Shouldn't they finish GT first? They pushed back the release date. Maybe they realized we'd be more interested in other EP's

They just said that they will make it awesome not that they are working on it.
    Let me guess, Get Partying?

Fun, no really, very fun. Very very fun, right EA?

We've had heaps of packs that aren't party focused...like 2 Stuff Packs, 2 Game Packs and an EP.
    Apparently everything that isn't about Toddlers is a party.
    Or the game is that boring. And only Cool Kitchen of the stuff packs didn't refer to partying. Spa Day is about luxury though, and GTW had a freaking party trailer.

You know, maybe people wouldn't think Sims 4 is all about partying if its packs weren't advertised that way.

The Doctors dancing in Get To Work wasn't a trailer. They had released 5 trailers before that showed the game off. That was just a bit of fun for fans.

If people can't distinguish a trailer from a funny clip then that's their issue.

What are you talking about. The only official trailer on the site is the one with the hot doctors (according to them) looking like they may do a strip tease. That is the one I saw and the only official trailer I saw. What else was shown were walk-throughs with Graham showing gameplay. The one of the front page of this site does contain the 'doctors'.

You are kidding, right? Only 1 official Get to Work trailer?

81cec14ae6.png
    af0002e77b.png
    7d6dfec4ad.png

There is a special one with the music from that EP too...

These are all on this site under Media.

ETA: Some of those are pictures, but all of the ones with PLAY buttons are trailers. The 4 in the middle are the fun/amusing/touching ones.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Shouldn't they finish GT first? They pushed back the release date. Maybe they realized we'd be more interested in other EP's

They just said that they will make it awesome not that they are working on it.

We've had heaps of packs that aren't party focused...like 2 Stuff Packs, 2 Game Packs and an EP.
    Apparently everything that isn't about Toddlers is a party.
    Or the game is that boring. And only Cool Kitchen of the stuff packs didn't refer to partying. Spa Day is about luxury though, and GTW had a freaking party trailer.

You know, maybe people wouldn't think Sims 4 is all about partying if its packs weren't advertised that way.

The Doctors dancing in Get To Work wasn't a trailer. They had released 5 trailers before that showed the game off. That was just a bit of fun for fans.

If people can't distinguish a trailer from a funny clip then that's their issue.

What are you talking about. The only official trailer on the site is the one with the hot doctors (according to them) looking like they may do a strip tease. That is the one I saw and the only official trailer I saw. What else was shown were walk-throughs with Graham showing gameplay. The one of the front page of this site does contain the 'doctors'.

You are kidding, right? Only 1 official Get to Work trailer?

81cec14ae6.png
    af0002e77b.png
    7d6dfec4ad.png

There is a special one with the music from that EP too...

These are all on this site under Media.

Which one is the official first one? The one with the doctors then you have to go through the rest. Jack was making the point that was just a clip. I recall all of them being in one big one to show the scientist and the doctors etc. in one. Perhaps they broke them down later. But that is the one I saw and the only one until the game was released.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    The Announce Trailer is the first one. I remember seeing the Cop and Llama, Sul Sul and Malpractice ones sometime between the announce trailer and the gameplay ones. I saw each of the EP gameplay ones (3 jobs and retail) weekly leading up to the release of the EP. I don't remember seeing the Still Life one until months later, but I must have missed it get posted.
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    I hope it's something like Late Night or Generations. I'm already skipping Get Together. I hope I don't skip another. :(
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I hope it's something like Late Night or Generations. I'm already skipping Get Together. I hope I don't skip another. :(

I doubt it will be a Generations, because they seem to want to ignore the elephant in the room. Which the elephant is the missing life stage, and more physical activities to live from cradle to grave. It seems no matter how many times people mention those things they ignore them. So, I expect they took the last survey, didn't actually start building anything on the survey but mashed some things together and borrowed ideas from a few of them to come up with something. They don't even seem to be creating the very things they have put on the surveys but just mashing stuff together.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member

This. Most likely a Late Night type EP. We know how these things work by now. No way will they ever actually use their brains and bring back Toddlers.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    sam123 wrote: »

This. Most likely a Late Night type EP. We know how these things work by now. No way will they ever actually use their brains and bring back Toddlers.
    It was regarded as the best decision for the game. Why would they?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I am not sure whether I should get my hopes up on the expansion pack 3 and I do not want to assume it is toddlers this time or that will kill my beautiful excitement lol
  • Options
    ulfrich78ulfrich78 Posts: 29 New Member
    Get Money....Get More Money....Get The Most Money......next 3 eps
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited November 2015
    I wonder if they're really going to continue with the "Get" theme? That would be funny.
  • Options
    DarkenedSparrowDarkenedSparrow Posts: 216 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I just have one thing to say, it better be a Generations EP with a toddler and tween patch. If imaginary friend returns, please make him look less creepy.

This is when I wish we could create the imaginary friend in CAS. Not all imaginary friends look or act the same. :smile:
  • Options
    DarkenedSparrowDarkenedSparrow Posts: 216 Member
    Personally, I'd like to see Generations or even Pets, next.
    Honestly, I'd just like to see something that makes a lot of people HAPPY at this point. I know, not everyone can be pleased, but that could help ... somewhat.

After GT's release, I'm sure they'll be planning something for SimsMas. (I'm hoping it's a big announcement or something everyone wants. Just for all of you.)

I'm not being sarcastic, either. I'm just trying to hold out hope.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member

If this is the case, I am going to be furious! possibly just walk away from the game.
    throws-hands-up-Im-done_zps1db9c670.gif
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2015
    I wonder if they're really going to continue with the "Get" theme? That would be funny.

Get Procreating
    A generations themed EP with deviant toddlers and highly irrational/emotional pre-teens! ;) (Visualizes toddlers pulling curtains off the walls and pre-teens sneaking out to the boardwalk at night). lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    im reaaaally hoping for pets or seasons!
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member

Get Procreating
    A generations themed EP with deviant toddlers and highly irrational/emotional pre-teens! ;) (Visualizes toddlers pulling curtains off the walls and pre-teens sneaking out to the boardwalk at night). lol

I was going to suggest "Get Preggers" but otherwise YES! So yes! That would be amazing. Heck a whole behavioural expansion pack to really flesh out the interactions of the different age groups would be fantastic though I do think EA still need to patch in age groups instead of going the EP route solely because they just never expand on expansion content with further content.
  • Options
    Darkslayer wrote: »

Get Procreating

I was going to suggest "Get Preggers" but otherwise YES! So yes! That would be amazing. Heck a whole behavioural expansion pack to really flesh out the interactions of the different age groups would be fantastic though I do think EA still need to patch in age groups instead of going the EP route solely because they just never expand on expansion content with further content.

I definitely agree! Especially with the patching in of age groups.
    I'd be thrilled to see an EP that enhances the behavioral interactions and dynamics of the sim family! I'm quite enchanted with the game, but it does fall flat on its face in a few areas, and this is definitely one of those places that I'd like to see extra care and attention.

Get Preggars has a playful ring to it, I like it!
  • Options
    AlisonCuteSimsAlisonCuteSims Posts: 165 Member
    I hope it will include apartment buildings whatever the EP may be!
    3dd20d8220bdc70e9490da5f62974d35.gif
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    I just have one thing to say, it better be a Generations EP with a toddler and tween patch. If imaginary friend returns, please make him look less creepy.

This is when I wish we could create the imaginary friend in CAS. Not all imaginary friends look or act the same. :smile:
    the imaginary friend was amazing! it creeped me out so much but in a way that i loved and it was totally something i would never expect. really.. bravo for that work!

I wish for it to come back and more of these things
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Honestly there are some past favorites I'm ready to see return, but it'd be cool if they were able to come up with something new that we haven't had in the past. Idk if there is something and would be hard pressed to figure it out lol but it's intriguing. That's really why I like the idea of Get Together, though I'm sure it has aspects that were in past games, it just seems "fresh" for some reason..
  • Options
    SimsFur wrote: »

the imaginary friend was amazing! it creeped me out so much but in a way that i loved and it was totally something i would never expect. really.. bravo for that work!

They were brilliantly done! I do miss them, as they were a slightly creepy but glorious addition to the game.
  • Options
    zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    I'd love a Get To School or Go To School EP. ^.^ Going to school with the kids would be so fun!~
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member

It was regarded as the best decision for the game. Why would they?

You forgot at the time, it was regarded as the best decision for the game at that point in time.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited November 2015

I thought it SO annoying. Whenever the toddlers had it in their inventory, they would play with it ALL THE TIME and ignore all the other toys which would give them skills.

And you couldn't just delete it. Deleting it via debug would sometimes crash your game. You couldn't sell it via moveobjects either, nor put it into one of the treasure chests.

You had to take it to the parents' inventories and they would be around forever, announcing they want to come out and play occassionally. Seriously, those were the most annoying characters ever. And literally EVERY baby born in game got one.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

I thought it SO annoying. Whenever the toddlers had it in their inventory, they would play with it ALL THE TIME and ignore all the other toys which would give them skills.

And you couldn't just delete it. Deleting it via debug would sometimes crash your game. You couldn't sell it via moveobjects either, nor put it into one of the treasure chests.

You had to take it to the parents' inventories and they would be around forever, announcing they want to come out and play occassionally. Seriously, those were the most annoying characters ever. And literally EVERY baby born in game got one.

I'm with you on that one. I hated the imaginary friends. Worst thing ever!