This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

New Map?????

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I remember something about them working on improving the map *view... I hope they did it. :mrgreen:

Yes they did. And @SimGuruDaniel said that the finished map would look pretty similar to the concept map.

By that, I think he meant the layout of the map/world, not the world map in map view.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I remember something about them working on improving the map *view... I hope they did it. :mrgreen:

Yes they did. And @SimGuruDaniel said that the finished map would look pretty similar to the concept map.

By that, I think he meant the layout of the map/world, not the world map in map view.

We will see! If I am wrong, I am wrong.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,927 Member
    If it's desktop where are all the shortcut icons? And like I said, I can see two plumbbobs over island lots. And what looks like a venue icon over the docks area.

lol, I am serious! I think we are getting new maps with the update prior to GT.
    Quite nice :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    It seems pretty legit :D
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    This would be a nice surprise update!
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 888 Member
    It looks very similar to the concept. You can see the island and the docks like in this pic:

09_WORLD_MAP_revised5.jpg

That's exactly what it is.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,638 Member
    edited November 2015
    If it's desktop where are all the shortcut icons? And like I said, I can see two plumbbobs over island lots. And what looks like a venue icon over the docks area.

Yeah, I was going to say, my desktop is set up like that because I delete all my shortcut icons, then I realized that I do have the Recycle Bin. So that's what Windowed mode would look like for me! ... Unless there's a Recycle Bin off a top corner there where things are a bit bright and unclear. So maybe, maybe not?

(So many typos ... can you tell I'm on a day off?!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,418 Member
    Am I the only one who has gotten attached to the uncolourful maps we have? The maps kinda put me in an architect mood. Not saying that I might not like new ones even better :p
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    I really want to tilt the screen and see what's there but I can't *sigh*
  • Options
    GARYZGAL wrote: »

That's exactly what it is.

No. It is not. It's very similar, but there are differences too.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited November 2015
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I'm holding off on the excitement. Left monitor is in build mode in-game. Right monitor is desktop wallpaper.

Not a screen saver- They're playing in windowed mode. Looks just like my screen when I play. Obviously someone took the pic because they thought it was significant. They've also arranged a button on the mouse pad to block out the secret image, just like from the picture from the mouse pad earlier today.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

If they're on Windows 10, you don't really need shortcut icons -- everything is easily accessible from the Start menu. Only icons I have on my desktop now are my Recycle Bin and a single folder with some screenshots from my Hearthstone game (to make it easy to rebuild a few decks).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    The button over the mouse pad- again! - makes me far more curious than the map view, which I was expecting. Maybe something big is in the works. (Goes to get Halcyon tablets to calm nerves after another major disappointment)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    This is a small thing that would make me happy. I do hope they change the map views like this in a patch. It also makes me hopeful for a neighbourhood editor.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I'm holding off on the excitement. Left monitor is in build mode in-game. Right monitor is desktop wallpaper.

Not a screen saver- They're playing in windowed mode. Looks just like my screen when I play. Obviously someone took the pic because they thought it was significant. They've also arranged a button on the mouse pad to block out the secret image, just like from the picture from the mouse pad earlier today.

I agree. It's not a screen saver.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Looks alright.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    12247166_1042843902406923_2306949356788341495_n.jpg?oh=f40593dc08072c855c2a50bf0a5e68a2&oe=56F19A6C&__gda__=1458341948_7b9708d01fe7f3ef8a0d1dc40aa05397

Thoughts?
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I see some details on the bottom of the sea island that are not in that concept pic so it can't be the same pic as a desktop background.
  • Options
    TMBrandonTMBrandon Posts: 229 Member
    edited November 2015
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    I see some details on the bottom of the sea island that are not in that concept pic so it can't be the same pic as a desktop background.

Yup, that's what I was going to say. And on the bottom right corner, there's a white box that seems to have text in it which is very similar to the game UI (kind like the tutorial dialogs?). The only part throwing me off is the taskbar getting more transparent with some logos off to the left, and then to the right it's shaded white like the current game UI.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Also it's hard to tell, but the keyboard and mouse look like they are from a Mac. If they are playing on Mac (not sure what OS is used there, Windows is pretty standard in USA) than there wouldn't be a task bar at the bottom. But once again that is all based on the keyboard that's being used, which could mean nothing.

In response to someone saying it could be Windows 10, i'm gonna vote probably not. Companies will use OS that are years old (Windows XP was used for years after newer OS came out), and will usually only upgrade the OS when need be.
  • Options
    mrnhmath wrote: »

Thoughts?

We are getting new maps! lol And possibly some interface changes to accommodate the group stuff. And possibly to accommodate more worlds as we get them. We are due for another vacation world very soon.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,638 Member
    edited November 2015
    TMBrandon wrote: »
    GaiaPuma wrote: »

Yup, that's what I was going to say. And on the bottom right corner, there's a white box that seems to have text in it which is very similar to the game UI (kind like the tutorial dialogs?). The only part throwing me off is the taskbar getting more transparent with some logos off to the left, and then to the right it's shaded white like the current game UI.

That last part could just be how the light's reflecting.

@drake_mccarty - Windows 7 looked the same. And software companies do tend to upgrade OS's. (My husband's company usually has at least some of the company on alpha and beta OS's! Doesn't mean the IT department is hot stuff - it's not! - but you need to be running current OS's if you're developing software for them.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    @luthienrising I don't think is the light, because there are the same white shapes near the sea border on the extreme right of the map, contouring the sea land limit like some waves. But I can be mistaken.
  • Options
    zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    This is actually really exciting!

Ikr? ♥

Look at all the lots!! XD
    I'm out of lots currently for households bc I'm running so many let's plays and challenges. This is amazing if it's going to be this many ♥♥
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I see the women has left her cigarettes out on her desk for the picture. lol, menthol. I wonder if the map will change then or if its just concept art being used as a background picture.