Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is not that bad

Comments

• windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    My thoughts on the game is that it is diluted, shallow, limited and lacking the addictive spark that I've come to expect in Sims Games...even the console versions.

In short, I don't like it. At all.
    Pary wrote: »
    Golly, how can you resell them when the serial for TS4 is tied to your Origin account? LOL
    LOL again

/eyeroll

<3

Yeah, I'm with you Darkling, you said exactly what I feel about this game too. I tried to play it again the other day, but it just doesn't seem to hold my attention long enough to get a good story going. *shrugs* It's not our fault the game keeps missing the mark, as far as I know.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    You know, after reading all the negativity about TS4 and all the positive on TS3, I am so tempted to buy TS3 and work it. I know that I started with TS4 and can never get that whole "understand why they're not happy" feeling a lot of players here seem to have, but I need to know, from experience, why everyone is that way.

Overall, I am moderately happy with TS4, though.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Chrinnie wrote: »
    You know, after reading all the negativity about TS4 and all the positive on TS3, I am so tempted to buy TS3 and work it. I know that I started with TS4 and can never get that whole "understand why they're not happy" feeling a lot of players here seem to have, but I need to know, from experience, why everyone is that way.

Overall, I am moderately happy with TS4, though.

Honestly @Chrinnie ...In my personal opinion, I would say to think about it carefully before doing it. If TS4 was your first experience and you're enjoying it, then that's awesome! I got into the Final Fantasy franchise really late, only played 14 and 15. All of my friends who had been fanboys for life were constantly talking about how amazing the classics, like FF7, were. I finally gave into curiosity one day and bought FF7 because I just HAD to see what all of this hype was about. I played for about 5 minutes and turned it off. I just couldn't do it. Because I wasn't able to see the game the way THEY had seen it, as fresh and new and magical almost 20 years ago, but with the eyes of someone who simply could not handle playing a game that looked as outdated as it did. So even though the gameplay of FF7 is, by all accounts, legendary to the series, I have a hard time getting past the surface aesthetics because of what I am accustomed to today and because I never had that experience of seeing the series evolving in real time. The changes that TS2 introduced coming from TS were astonishing at the time, and the same for TS3...they just kept innovating and trying new things and raising the bar and while some experiments were more successful than others, the point was that they kept trying to make the game into something bigger and greater...until TS4, in my opinion.

I'm just not sure that even if you were to go back and play the old games now, that you would ever really "understand why they're not happy".

This is not to suggest that TS2 or TS3 are bad looking or horribly dated, I personally love them both, but they ARE older, and someone who has started with TS4 and only knows that might think differently. I do think that TS2 is the jewel in the crown in terms of gameplay though, a truly immersive and rich experience. And the Open Worlds and endless customization of TS3 are epic, innovative and game-changing...provided you have a computer than can run it. I would recommend watching Let's Plays on You Tube first before making a monetary investment...though I would really suggest that for any game these days :)

(P.S. I think you can still get TS2 Ultimate Collection from EA Customer Service if you have a base game code)

Whatever you do, have fun!
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Sloppy is... sloppy.

When I get a game that is an extension, new game, etc., within a franchise I expect an upgrade.

Not a downgrade.

More times than any, is how I feel TS4 plays. I'll give some credit, at least there has been a handful of free content via patches. However those patches simply seem to cause a mess (and of course not addressing many issues already within the game)... hence, sloppy.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • JosieWosieJosieWosie Posts: 23 Member
    edited November 2015
    > @Charlottesmom said:
    > Arletta wrote: »
    >
    > tsunami2002 wrote: »
    >
    > jusMeh wrote: »
    >
    > I've been tempted more and more to buy TS4; the screenshots of GT doesn't help, as that EP's environments are starting to look quite gorgeous. However, aren't there a lot of game issues/bugs that need patched, like culling and "musical chairs" and the lack of games like children playing Tag (though that's not a game bug)? The problems seem to go deeper than lack of toddlers and other features. I've even heard of some people's games crashing.
    >
    > TS3 had some problems that never got fixed. I don't want to make the same mistake by buying another buggy game (though I still love TS3 despite its issues). :/ I don't care about multi tasking - sims 3 already has a little bit of multi tasking. I want to know if multi tasking is still supposed to be the best feature of this game? These are honest questions - again I don't want to waste my time or money getting this game if it's ultimately pointless and I can already do the same things (or even more) in my TS3 game.
    >
    > I guess I'm still not entirely sold on it yet. But if the devs would only improve a few more things and FIX certain things, it would help. And I suppose I could just wait a few more years until the game is finished to see whether or not I'm still tempted to buy it (I'm a patient person).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It looks like people who enjoyed Sims 2 more than Sims 3 like Sims 4 more. TS4 is a great game, but after a while you run out of things to do, something that never happened on Sims 3...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > People often ran out of things to do with The Sims 3. There were enough posts stating so on the forums.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I doubt I'll ever run out of things to do with Sims 3, though I do have all the EPs (finally got my grubbs on the Katy Perry stuff!!), I was bored blue with Sims 4 in a matter of mere hours, BUT may give it another go after all the EPs have been released, so lets see what I have to say about it in 4-5 years. ;0)

I honestly don't think the current iteration will go on for 4-5 years. It is pretty evident that the game has not lived up to expectations. They dug themselves their own grave when they decided to use a base platform that would not allow for open world. The game is dead and predictable. You can't just take away such a vital element that players got to experience from the last iteration. It is my hope that they are relocating most of the team to make the sims 5. That probably explains why the EPs and SPs have been "high school intern" quality.
  • JayytaughtyouJayytaughtyou Posts: 90 Member
    If the graphics were updated in TS3, added emotions, I think it would be the perfect game. So far TS4 isn't centered around family life, its more party/work focused.
  • cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    I have played the Sims since the very beginning and have no problem whatsoever with the Sims 4. I could list the reasons why but I feel it is pointless, why I like it maybe the exact reason someone else hates it, I'm not going to change opinions.

I could rant and rave that my sims can't face a zombie apocalypse, Walking Dead style, they bring out the Walking Dead expansion pack, I do a little dance everyone else groans.

Or they could put toddlers back in the game, the Sims forum erupts in a great wave of hurrahs and back slapping and I go back to adopting children so I don't have to go through all that teaching them nonsense. I won't complain, just acknowledge that for a game that is used by so many people, there will always have to be aspects I will have to compromise on.

Apart from them making an exact replica of the world with the SciFi, Fantasy or Magic Bridge Goblin expansion packs, someone, somewhere is going to be upset.

I am enjoying the game for what it is and am interested to see what they do next with it.
  • QueationsOnSimsQueationsOnSims Posts: 5 New Member
    The game is missing so much. That's all I'm going to say.
  • MewnieSAMewnieSA Posts: 49 Member
    > @cully_c said:
    > I have played the Sims since the very beginning and have no problem whatsoever with the Sims 4. I could list the reasons why but I feel it is pointless, why I like it maybe the exact reason someone else hates it, I'm not going to change opinions.
    >
    > I could rant and rave that my sims can't face a zombie apocalypse, Walking Dead style, they bring out the Walking Dead expansion pack, I do a little dance everyone else groans.
    >
    > Or they could put toddlers back in the game, the Sims forum erupts in a great wave of hurrahs and back slapping and I go back to adopting children so I don't have to go through all that teaching them nonsense. I won't complain, just acknowledge that for a game that is used by so many people, there will always have to be aspects I will have to compromise on.
    >
    > Apart from them making an exact replica of the world with the SciFi, Fantasy or Magic Bridge Goblin expansion packs, someone, somewhere is going to be upset.
    >
    > I am enjoying the game for what it is and am interested to see what they do next with it.

I played TS1 and TS2 and playing with TS4 I could never go back. The amount of fiddly micro-managing I had to do, especially in TS2, to not have any of my sims not have a breakdown every day was maddening.

I've never played TS3, but I have friends that do and the picture they paint ins't a pretty one- it sounds like a horrible, bloated mess that's prone to collapsing like a house of cards in a slight breeze if you even so much as look at it funny. I feel the real reason earlier versions get so much praise here is because of sunk cost fallacy.
    hello. i am from the internet, eh.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    MewnieSA wrote: »
    > @cully_c said:
    > I have played the Sims since the very beginning and have no problem whatsoever with the Sims 4. I could list the reasons why but I feel it is pointless, why I like it maybe the exact reason someone else hates it, I'm not going to change opinions.
    >
    > I could rant and rave that my sims can't face a zombie apocalypse, Walking Dead style, they bring out the Walking Dead expansion pack, I do a little dance everyone else groans.
    >
    > Or they could put toddlers back in the game, the Sims forum erupts in a great wave of hurrahs and back slapping and I go back to adopting children so I don't have to go through all that teaching them nonsense. I won't complain, just acknowledge that for a game that is used by so many people, there will always have to be aspects I will have to compromise on.
    >
    > Apart from them making an exact replica of the world with the SciFi, Fantasy or Magic Bridge Goblin expansion packs, someone, somewhere is going to be upset.
    >
    > I am enjoying the game for what it is and am interested to see what they do next with it.

I played TS1 and TS2 and playing with TS4 I could never go back. The amount of fiddly micro-managing I had to do, especially in TS2, to not have any of my sims not have a breakdown every day was maddening.

I've never played TS3, but I have friends that do and the picture they paint ins't a pretty one- it sounds like a horrible, bloated mess that's prone to collapsing like a house of cards in a slight breeze if you even so much as look at it funny. I feel the real reason earlier versions get so much praise here is because of sunk cost fallacy.

I played for its entire lifespan with very little problems without mods. Yes people had issues-but that happens with TS4 too.
  • 911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    By the way, I just want everyone to know that in spite of my list of things that I don't like about Sims 4, I actually adore the game! I am a patient and dedicated fan, and am confident that Maxis will set things right! :)

With time and our money, they will slowly add stuff to the game with free patches, EPS, SPs, and GPs. It may take awhile, but it will be worth the wait. I'm a pretty patient person.
    Agreed!l

Call me naive or super trusting, but I'm like the wise old grandma that sits on her porch, sipping her sweet tea, and reminisces about "Crazy Uncle Sims 4", and then sits up from her rocking chair and says, "Oh, I've known that crazy Sims 4 since he was a young one, back in aught 4, and when he first got his first job, everybody but me thought that he was plum crazy....

(takes a sip)

"...But I knew better...I saw that boy had potential...y'all didn't see it....But look at him now! All polished up and shiny like a new penny!" :)

k8438422.jpg

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2015
    MewnieSA wrote: »
    > @cully_c said:
    >
    >
    >
    >

Which shows life lessons can present themselves at any moment: never base an opinion on what your friends say but form your own. So far Sims 4 has been my sunk cost fallacy: I'm determined to find a reason to want to play it because I spent all this money on it. My money spent on Sims 3 has already paid itself back long ago, and still I'm playing the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited December 2015
    There is nothing in the world so bad as something that is 'not so bad.' - The Scarlet Pimpernel
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    There is nothing in the world so bad as something that is 'not so bad.' - The Scarlet Pimpernel

No one should settle for "not so bad". (That means it's not so good, either).

• AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    I am a veteran of the sims series I am 38 years old and I have played all the way from sims to the present. I like the sims 4 it actually works a lot better then the older versions did. It also seems to bet a bit faster too.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Mort_OpalMort_Opal Posts: 55 Member
    I have to say, I just got "Get Together" and I actually have been really enjoying Sims 4. I mean, It's actually starting to feel like a true sims game now.... If only we could get toddlers and seasons, It would be perfect for me...
  • Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    I love TS4
    Hypochondriac :p
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I am a veteran of the sims series I am 38 years old and I have played all the way from sims to the present. I like the sims 4 it actually works a lot better then the older versions did. It also seems to bet a bit faster too.

Your age and time of playing are somewhat irrelevant - I'm in my 50's and have played since TS1 and I can't stand TS4. <shrug> It's all in the eye of the beholder
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    I like Sims 4, for me it is the best of the series.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    edited December 2015

Your age and time of playing are somewhat irrelevant - I'm in my 50's and have played since TS1 and I can't stand TS4. <shrug> It's all in the eye of the beholder

So true. I am also in my 50's and have been playing since Sims 1. Unlike you though I love this version. :)

Do you play at all?
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    I like Sims 4, for me it is the best of the series.

And I think it could have been a lot better. As far as I'm concerned, it's far from the best.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Just checked and there are currently over 58,000 people playing Sims 4 at the moment of writing this post. 12/28/2015 - 4:30 PM MST.

Yup. Total failure. :DDespite if it were on Steam it'd be in the top 10 currently played games right now.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    From my point of view Sims 4 will always be 'not as good as previous versions' until (if it ever happens) more colour options are offered which will help to bring back my enjoyment of decorating and furnishing houses. It's so limiting right now in colour options that, for me, there is no way the game can possibly compare with Sims 3. Do the developers/game creators realise how important colour is to some people? When gameplay becomes boring, and it always does after a certain period of time no matter how much is added, the one thing which always used to keep my interest in Sims 3 was to switch to decorating and furnishing. What a chore that is now that furniture doesn't match up! You find a rug but can't find a bed to match. After faffing about for ages trying to find curtains and rugs which match up with furniture and seating, you then can't find a bed with the same wood or fabric colour so you have to start all over again in an effort to complete the room. Grrrrrr.............

What's worse than having total limitation with colours in Sims 4? Having total limitation with colours in Sims 4 after you previously had total free rein and scope with colours in Sims 3. Talk about missing it! It's gone from one extreme to the other! I very much resent EA for this and find it difficult to forgive them for putting players like me in this situation. And even after all this time, still no new colour options which suggest that EA don't give two hoots about players like me which in turn adds to the resentment.

If this 'little' problem was put right, I would possibly be more likely to say, hey, Sims 4 is great. Until then, sorry but naaaaaah, it's lacking and will continue to lack until colours are matched across all décor. Green, in particular, needs looking at across all decor!

• DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    By the way, I just want everyone to know that in spite of my list of things that I don't like about Sims 4, I actually adore the game! I am a patient and dedicated fan, and am confident that Maxis will set things right! :)

With time and our money, they will slowly add stuff to the game with free patches, EPS, SPs, and GPs. It may take awhile, but it will be worth the wait. I'm a pretty patient person.
    Agreed!l

Call me naive or super trusting, but I'm like the wise old grandma that sits on her porch, sipping her sweet tea, and reminisces about "Crazy Uncle Sims 4", and then sits up from her rocking chair and says, "Oh, I've known that crazy Sims 4 since he was a young one, back in aught 4, and when he first got his first job, everybody but me thought that he was plum crazy....

(takes a sip)

"...But I knew better...I saw that boy had potential...y'all didn't see it....But look at him now! All polished up and shiny like a new penny!" :)

k8438422.jpg

"Crazy Uncle Sims 4 sure do look purdy...iffin you don't shines the light on him. When's you does, you see the arful trooth: Crazy Uncle Sims 4 twas born without shins and a backbone. Sometimes I'd see dat boy just staring off into space..or he would be, 'summin had eyes. Crazy sob just mutters to himself. Potential 'er not, my old pappy use to say you can't get very far without a yer shins and a backbone"
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I like sims 4 and I think the game will be better and better with every expansion/game pack they release. <3