Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare , I´m working on this challenge #29, "The Lady in White", but I still have no clear if the servarnt quartes are included into the 4 bedrooms or they must be rooms apart.
    Thanks in advance for an answer.
    There must be at least 4 bedrooms within the build, these can include any in the servants quarters :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    CHALLENGE #: 29 - The Lady in White
    FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: The Last Home
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 221,237
    TOTAL COST: 224,237
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1145.photobucket.com/user/AIRIS6962/slideshow/The Last Home
    ENTRY DETAILS: I´ve inspired in Lady Augusta Blanche. I magine her full of romance and passion (this is why her bedroom is red) but delicated, elegant and distinguished in her manners. She loves music and receiving at home. So she need an elegant home with luxury but without excesses, and equiped of all she need inside and outside, such as a lovely graveyard an mausoleum for her beloved husband.

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7B6892007D0711E58B6EF3C5885CD4CE?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS29&max=50&maxis=false
    27-10-2015_22-21-44.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, No Mods.
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    edited October 2015
    CHALLENGE #: 29 - The Lady in White
    FORUM ID: Kezflake
    ORIGIN ID: elsing2000
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Our Eternity
    LOT COST: $5500
    BUILD COST: $219,352
    TOTAL COST: $224,852
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: I felt Lady Augusta Blanche to be a practical woman with old fashioned tastes. That's why I have included hardly any entertainment technology in the home with the exception of the office room, space is left in office for whatever secretive equipment she may need too. I wanted it to feel like a home that would stand strong against the test of time, a bit of research into historical old houses inspired me to build in Tudor Castle style with a more homely front. Somewhere that looked attractive but could hold up to unwanted visitors.

Find on Gallery

10-25-15_3-35-52%C2%A0PM.png
    10-25-15_7-23-26%C2%A0PM.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    Post edited by kezflake on
    This marks the closure of BnS #29 - The Lady in White. Stick around for challenge #30 which will be up soon.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2017
    #30 - Ryunoten, Attonrneys at Home

“What a refreshing change,” you murmur to yourself as you walk up the path to the recently completed offices of the Ryunotens. Usually, your clients come to you, but since scheduling was tight, you were visiting them. Plus it was a chance to see your handiwork in action, so to speak.

You step inside, scanning the premises. With approval, you note how much better it looks with someone sitting in the waiting room and a receptionist at the desk. It projects exactly what you want it to, bringing a sense of pride and happiness to you.

“You look very pleased,” says a familiar male voice from behind you. Michael Ryunoten, Prince Charming in a lawyer's suit, smiles at you. “Sorry, I wasn’t here when you got in. Dream is at the courthouse and left her wallet behind. I hope you weren’t waiting long.”

“I just got here myself,” you assure him.

“Well come on back.”

“Mr. Ryunoten? Mrs. Jenkins is here to review her case with you.” The receptionist says as the pair of you approach.

Mike aims a smile at the lady, “You’re a bit early Mrs. Jenkins. I’ll be with you in just a few minutes.” Then ushers you back to his office. “Dream would be here with us if she could, but..”

You smile, remembering reading about some of her cases in the news already. “Court comes first in this case. So what can I do for you?”

“Well, we’re ready to get out of Jesus’s house. Business is good enough that we feel confident in asking you to build our home for us.” He pulls out a notepad. “We’ve got a budget of 100k to offer and would like it to be near to Jesus’s house if possible. He’s got a beautiful location and we’d like to share it or have something equally lovely.”

“That’s easily accomplished. I know of several lots for sale that have great views.”

“We’d need a decent size since we want the house to be ready for our family to grow. We want to have children.”

“Define decent size.” you say, clicking your pen for note taking.

“Well, 4 bedrooms, 3 or 4 bathrooms. Large enough yard for a pool and room for the kids to run. The bedroom suite needs to be very much a refuge for us. Dream…needs a lot of sleep. If you could include a small workout area/ or room that would be great. I think nicely decorated and comfortable goes without saying, given how perfectly you decorated our office. My lovely wife has specifically requested soft soothing colors throughout. I’m fine with that as long as it doesn’t look like a powder puff.”

You laugh, nodding. “Don’t worry Mike. I won't make it overly girly. Anything else?”

“I think that covers it….Oh, if it helps, we both like the low country house style.”

“No problem.” You check your notes, making sure you didn’t miss anything. “I think we covered everything then. I’ll get out of your way and let you get to Mrs. Jenkins.”

Michaels smiles, walking you to the door. “Oh, Jesus and I have a friend named Reggie. He’s thinking about relocating from the city to here with his girlfriend.”

“Well, when they get here, I’ll be sure to be available for them.” You shake hands and head out, already mentally rummaging through the list of available lots.

Challenge Brief:
    100k budget
    4 bedrooms
    3 bath
    Top notch master suite
    Low Country house styles
    Pool
    Small gym/ workout area
    Soft colors throughout (but not girly).

Sim Challenge:
    Show Mike and his wife in their new home…with or without their new baby ;) You can find details of the Ryunotens here

Room Challenge:
    Create the Ryunoten's Master Suite (including en-suite). You have $20k to play with.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    #30 - Ryunoten, Attonrneys at Home
    Room Challenge:
    Create the Ryunoten's Master Suite (including en-suite). You have $20k to play with.

Is that an extra 20k to play with? :)
    I would like to give the room challenge a try for a change, would I need to include en-suite, not even sure if that's possible unless it's not private.
    @kezflake - the room challenge funds are just that for the room challenge, not an extra to play with for the main challenge. Yes, if you do the room challenge you would need to include an ensuite, think half walls, columns etc to try and divide the space.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    Does it matter what size lot we use?
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member

Typically this challenge doesn't care which lot you use. But the lot value is calculated as part of your budget so the cheaper the lot the better.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

@TwtyBrd0707 - @mommataurus2 is correct, as long as the lot size isn't specified in the brief you are free to chose your own. Just remember to include the cost of the lot in your entry.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Attention Established Entrants for Challenge #29 - The Lady in White

Your results are available HERE.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
  • 6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA Posts: 142 Member
    edited November 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 30 Ryunotens - Attorneys at Home
    FORUM ID: 6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA
    ORIGIN ID: XxRayan28xX
    LOT: Country Living
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 96,412
    TOTAL COST: 99,412
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/rayanab/slideshow/Country Living
    ENTRY DETAILS: With the Ryunotens in mind they seemed like a traditional family, one that would prefer a more simple and traditional looks over modern, but traditional and simple doesn't mean old, so the house still has a flat screen TV in the Living Room and a computer in the Study. The walls are a nice shade of light yellow which contrasts well with the dark wood flooring, while the master suite has a small dressing room that is connected to a light brown bathroom complete with a shower and a tub. The kids rooms upstairs are furnished appropriately with one being for two boys and the other for a girl, and the fourth bedroom can be a guest bedroom for when a friend is visiting. The backyard has a large pool and a grill complete with seating area for barbecues. Overall the house has a traditional Country style with some tones of modernity like the pool and flat screen TV.
    gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0C47701E852711E581CC667ED587A846?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=country living&max=50&maxis=false
    11-07-15_3-12-19nbspPM_zpsaehjiyvr.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure, I guess
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC or Recolors were used
    Post edited by 6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA on
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited November 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LOT: Aloha
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 97,924
    TOTAL COST: 99,924

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/slideshow/Aloha
    ENTRY DETAILS: Low Country style house with main living areas on the first floor. Childrens room/suite with bathroom on the ground which can
    also be accessed from the rear. Gym and master suite with balcony located on the second floor.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E95EC1DF857A11E58430B0817AA7DC07?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

4500aee6-fc12-4e02-9dad-f6334fd8fc7f_zps6xm2jbsp.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited November 2015
    FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LOT: Great Expectations
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 97,738
    TOTAL COST: 99,738
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://picasaweb.google.com/100834899276394815320/GreatExpectations
    ENTRY DETAILS: Furnished and decorated in a modern style, this home has the master bedroom and the nursery on the first floor. The kitchen is open to the formal dining room and has a breakfast area. By this, in the anexed part ( that was a garage in old times ) you can find the work out area. The living room is the central part of this floor, with a fireplace. Upstairs there are 2 almost identical kids bedrooms, one bathroom and a large playroom, when kids and adults can enjoy inside home, playing, using computers or improving their skills.
    The backyard has a playground, a BBQ area to cook and eat and a pool/swimmable pond.

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/121EFE07887A11E58665667ED587A846?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Airis6962&max=50&maxis=false

00.jpg

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc.

Post edited by AIRIS6962 on
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I asked @gmcrozier a while ago if I could write an article about his entry for #20 Oasis Valley Orphans for Living Sims. Check out the final result :) [click image to view article]

Screen%20Shot%2011-11-15%20at%2008.33%20PM_zpsumfa9qeg.png
    Attention participants of #BnS30

This challenge is now closed. #BnS31 won't be up until later on today, but don't despair, it's a designer showcase, so get those creative juices flowing.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • LeebeejeebeeLeebeejeebee Posts: 116 Member
    Excellent, I'm hoping to have time to join in with this one :smile:
    edited August 2017
    #31 - Fall Designer Showdown

You are sitting your desk, idly looking out of the window at the fall leaves making their slow descent in the light autumnal breeze when your computer pings with a reminder.

“Oh Shoot.” You think to yourself, “What have I forgotten now?”

Glancing at your screen you see it is actually an email, you really must ask, Rose to change the notification sounds on your new PC. And to let you know what each one actually means.

The title of the email reads “Calling all Builders, Architects and Designers.”

“Hmm, well, I am certainly included in that group.” You think as you scan for the sender. You have learnt not to randomly open emails from just anyone after your last PC was infected with some sort of Trojan Bunny. You were just happy that Rose had thought to backup all your important documents to the cloud.

“Ah, it’s from the Designer’s Guild,” you say out loud. Rose pokes her head through the door.

“Is it that time already?”

Wondering how she heard you with the door closed, you realise that your intercom had been left open after you asked her to bring your last client in. You say a word of thanks that you have been in relative silence and contemplation since.

“Yep Rose, it’s a bit late actually. But there are still leaves falling so we get to have our Fall Designer Showdown.”

Rose smiles, “You know these are my second favourite types of commission?”

“Really?” You ask her, a little surprised.

“What is your favourite?”

“Well, that would be telling,” she says as she closes the door with a smirk.

On the property itself, you will find these 4 items:

12189492_1099035316782646_3250991086572394421_o_zpshhylyedm.jpg~original

You will choose ONE of these items to use as your inspiration to decorate and furnish your house. In the end, when the judges look at your media, they should know which item you chose just by looking at the way you decorated and furnished. Please also include the object you chose somewhere in your house and be sure to have it in a screenshot (unless you choose the bear gnome from Outdoor Retreat and don’t yet have the Game Pack). You can delete the objects on the lot that you didn't choose as your inspiration and the wall piece used to hold the painting. You also cannot duplicate the item (use it more than once on the lot) that you do use as your inspiration.

This is the house!

905945_1099035306782647_8832702642848629221_o_zps178albus.jpg~original

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Download from the Gallery - Fall Designer Showdown, #BuildnShare, #BnS31

Rules and details:
    You can designate the rooms however you like, but your outcome should be a 2bedroom, 1 bathroom, or a 1bedroom, 1 bathroom and study home.
    You cannot change the size or location of foundations, walls, and roofing.
    Yes, all walls, foundation, and roofing must remain the same.
    You can, however, add walls;
    You can replace doors, windows, and stairs, but they have to remain in the same position (meaning if it's a 2 tile window, you have to replace it with a 2 tile window or 2 single tile windows, etc.) Doors CAN be replaced with an arch of the same size if desired.
    You can't change the roof shape, but you can change the texture and color, the pitch, add trim, adjust the curvature, etc.
    You can add structural elements for landscaping purposes, such as a greenhouse, gazebo, or a carport (no garages), but they cannot be attached to the main house.
    You CAN change, add or delete any fencing, but you may not use fencing inside the home.
    This must be on a 15x20 lot (can be placed in any neighborhood/world).
    THERE IS NO BUDGET!
    The theme is completely up to you. It does not have to be Winter themed - your house should reflect your inspirational object.
    You do not need any game packs to compete. The house was built with only base game elements.
    CC is allowed, but please list/link/credit them when you submit so downloaders can find them!

Ready... Set... DESIGN!

There are no side challenges for the Designer Showdown.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    I'm back :) and looking forward to doing this again LOL sorry I've been gone so long
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    Nice to see you again @PersRealmsShadow :) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hello, I am fairly new to the forums and a just started dabbling into the building side of the game. Saw this thread and thought I'd give it a go! Thanks for the challenge, it was a new twist and fun to try:

CHALLENGE #: 31 –Fall Designer Showcase
    FORUM ID: VIRTUALEE
    ORIGIN ID: VirtualL33
    LEVEL: I am a beginner
    LOT: Flower Power; Gallery Link Here: http://goo.gl/AodvXk
    LOT COST: 2500
    BUILD COST: 97866
    TOTAL COST: 100366
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/Virtualee1/slideshow/Flower Power
    ENTRY DETAILS: This was a difficult task. However I chose to step outside of the box and went for the pink flower bush. I usually build contemporary/modern builds so whimsical is new for me.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please I want to learn to become a better builder 
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

11-14-15_9-01-22nbspPM_zpshr63jd7d.png

11-14-15_8-58-19nbspPM_zps05zsxvlk.png
    Welcome to Buildnshare @VIRTUALEE - your entry looks great! Looking forward to seeing more of you around the place :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    Just introducing myself - this will be my first time participating in a BnS challenge. Looking forward to it!
  • Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    Some questions about challenge #31:

1. You mention no fences are allowed inside the home. Does that include using the "fence for window shopping" to create a border around a tiled section on the floor? It is a flat fence that looks like it is on the ground and works well to separate different floor finishes.

2. Are we allowed to play-test the build?

3. Are we allowed to upgrade appliances?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top